Lurkers Invitation 2010

Hi Janie this diet of yours sound pretty interesting, how many days do you have been doing it now? 3 or maybe 4 days, how do you like it?? My DH always tell me to do The Paleo diet, I do not know anything about it so I haven't try, and I guess when he told me about it I wasn't on my best behave so I was" why I'm fat" "but why? we eat healthy" and all that crazy stuff, so he said I'm going to wait till you heard this from some of your friends or you read this on one of your magazines, and I won't say anything again:mad: he was mad!!! Funny ha

Nice you have the right type of blood to workout heavy, that's good, now I'm curios to know what type of blood I am.
Well Janie good luck and let us know how this goes.;)

Thumper how was double wave pyramid for you yesterday? That's what I did and oh boy I was winded!! It doesn't get any easier.. but I promised yo my self that I would add the Step Moves after DWP and I did it... it was a little hard but I think its because I PROMISE THIS WEEK NOT TO EAT ANY BRAD" OMG I can't believe that I just say that, I wrote notes and sticked them on the fridge and the pantry so I remember I'm not going to eat bread for at least 2 weeks.:confused:

So Thumper disc 16 today, good for you give me high five... oh wait you have shaky arms or rubber arms:p I really love when I have shaky arms or legs...I know I'm working really hard and so you did:D Yesterday for some reason I got lost on the time and did not came to the forums, I also always get the email notification and I kind was waiting for one of those, I don't know what happen because I did not get one.

Pam welcome back!! Nice to know that you had fun!! eating and drinking what can get better then that! and even better not loosing all you have done for your body, love it..:D I cannot believe that you jump right at working out, wow, that is impressing and good for you!! So you star meso 3 today? good job Pam going heavier, don't you just love that?
Oh and let me tell you it was 60# on the press it would be nice I mean REALLY nice if I can bench 70# :D

Oky doky, let me began telling you that I'm so sore from Monday workout, when I was doing kick boxing I was thinking on this story that I read in the FitnessRX magazine, about a very strong woman. " A woman is someone who makes choices" So I was thinking I chose to do this because I like it! it makes me feel good! and over all am happy this way...This lady say if you're not doing what makes you feel alive, well, you might as well not be"
so I guess that was stacked in my head and I workout really hard.. As a consequence I"m super, duper sore.. and I love it. Today I have legs so I'll be back later to let you guys know how it went....
Happy green day:p

Hi everyone! I’m sorry, I’ve been really bad about posting lately. I’ll try to check in more regularly but just make it shorter.

Janie- I see that you have had some fantastic results, congratulations! Way to go! That just motivates you to keep going, doesn’t it? Keep it up & I’m sure you’ll be hot for your cruise ;).

Eunice- So you have started Meso 3? Good job on those bench presses & deadlifts. They really are so hard when you go heavy, aren’t they!

Cheryl- I love Double Wave Pyramid too, so you are not alone. In fact, I just did it Monday. Good job on disc 16, that one is on my schedule for next Monday. Are you doing the 3-month or the 6-month rotation?

So today I did disc 14. I have been adding my 20# vest to go with my dumbbells & it sure makes my upper back sore for the rest of the day. This time I took my vest off during the 60 second breaks just to get a rest from the added weight. I think it helped.

I am also excited because last week I decided to really start counting my calories again so I can finally shed those last few pounds, and this morning was my weigh-in. I lost 1.6 pounds! I don’t have much to lose but I am petite & any extra weight goes right to my middle :mad:, so I have to be really strict with my calories. Anyway, I have found that this is what works for me.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Diane

OH NO I BROKE DISC 26 WHEN I WAS ABOUT TO PULLED OUT:mad::mad::confused:

ANYONE KNOWS HOW CAN I REPLACE THIS ONE?

I DID DISC 29 INSTEAD?

ANYWAYS IT WAS A GOOD WORKOUT I'M ON A PADDLE OF SWEAT RIGHT NOW!:eek:

Did some hiking today with my Joey. Love it when we hold hands.:) I may do an STS Cardio tonight, maybe.

Pam, So glad you are back! Hope you have time to tell us all about it.;)

You didn't gain hardly anything. So proud of you! Meso 3 is amazing, you are going to enjoy the benefits.:D

Eunice, The Paleo Diet sounds interesting and from what I can tell a lot like an O type blood person would eat. But I haven't read the book, so I'm just guessing. Except this book even goes further than that.

Eons ago 40,000 years BC, the Cro-Magnon ( our ancestors) went to the top of the food chain and became the most dangerous predators on earth. (I'm typing this info from Eat Right 4 Your Type). At this point everyone was type O, (the predominant blood type even today). However with the increase of population and subsequent migrations, variations accelerated. As they continued to migrate and eat differently, other blood types emerged within 15,000-25,000, type A first and then type B. Migrations continued on and because of that, eventually our blood types became even more different, the result was type AB. Of course this takes place in a space of many thousands of years ago as each blood type evolved from eating differently, the climate was different...

I've only been on this way of eating for type O since yesterday afternoon, and I guess today will be my second day. I'll let you know how it goes.

You are so good with your workouts. I bet you see a lot of results by the way you work out so hard. Good for you.

Janie

Cheryl I really like the double wave pyramid too. I have only done it once so far but I have it on tap for tomorrow.

Eunice Husbands just don't get that when they suggest a diet to us they are implying something, do they?! My husband told me that he can't get me workout videos for my birthday because they would send the wrong message! :mad: I told him that is what I want so I guess I will have to buy them for myself. They can be so frustrating sometimes huh?! :confused:

No Bread?! I don't think I would be able to survive! :p I love bread! Be strong!

60 pounds on the press is still impressive! I have to check my card but I'm pretty sure I was only doing 40. And that was heavier than I was supposed to be doing. I guess I have a weak chest and a strong back because I did 85 pounds for deadlifts and felt like I could go heavier. I was kind've tingly all over after I worked out this morning, it felt good! :D

Diane I don't have a vest and I keep forgetting about Eunice's backpack idea. I have to remember to try that next time. The heavy barbell just gets so hard to hold! Your weight loss is fantastic, congratulations! I am just like you - I can tell in my stomach if my weight is up. It drives me crazy! :confused:

Eunice So sorry to hear that you broke disc 26!!! I was waiting to hear how it was because I've heard such horror stories about it! Maybe you should contact cvustomer service and see if they would replace it for you? I'ts worth a try anyway....

Janie I'm so glad to hear that you got to do some hiking with Joey. You two sound so sweet and romantic! This blood type eating thing you are doing sounds interesting, we will all be anxious to hear more. Is there a difference between what O postive vs O negative should eat? I have always been an everything in moderation type person. It's what seems to work for me anyway.

Pam

So Ladies guess what I did found Sandra on Face book, do you guys have one? That would be so nice if I can found you all too.

Pam I was so looking forward to do disc 26 I got my card printed I was so physic to do it, so I was screaming my longs off I couldn't believe it... Anyways I have done it before if I remember right is not as bad as any of the other ones all of them have something very special, and very killers, hard, though, painfully, burners... and all you want to. The disc 29 wasn't any easy it was hard one too, plyo with heavy weights combine all good, my legs are talking to me right now.

Janie that sound so romantico and lovely, good luck with your diet, what is what you cannot eat doing this one?

I love bread as well so that is going to be hard, anyways last night I try this new recipe protein-packed-pancakes with this one I won't miss the bread, there not soft and moist but there good for you.
1/8 cup low-fat cottage cheese
1/4 cup egg whites
1 1/2 scoops chocolate protein powder
1 medium banana, sliced
1 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup
In a bowl combine everything using a mixer, spray a nonstick pan with oil and set on medium heat, pour batter into pan , cook each side for about 2 min.
Top with bananas slices and syrup. mmmmm there so good, and good for us too.
calories 330, total fat 3 g, saturated fat 0, trans fat 0, cholesterol 0, sodium 720 g, carbs. 33 g, fiber 4 g, sugar 16 g, protein 46 g, iron 1 mg.
you guys should try them there good.

Today was Athletic Step. It had been awhile since I had done that one. Not too dancey but a good workout.

Janie I will take a look at your rotation. I don't have insanity but maybe I could do different workouts.

Pam Glad to here that you had a good time. Isn't it fun when all you do is eat a drink and the bonus is that you only gained .8 pounds.
Pam[/QUOTE]

Eunice I enjoyed double wave pyramid. I had sweat dripping off of me. You did Step Moves after that!!!!!:eek: Way to go....
I don't if I could do what you are doing and not eat bread. I love bread. In the mornings if I take the bus to work I pass an Italian Bakery....the smells make me just want to stop and stand there for a while breathing it in.
Sorry to hear that you broke your disk 26. Some of them are in there quite tight. You could try customer service to see if they can help you. If that fails could you just download that one disk. I am not sure how the downloads work but you may be able to just do one and not the whole series.

Diane I am glad I am not alone in loving Double Wave Pyramid. I am doing the three month rotation. I find I need to keep variety in my workouts or I get bored. I am trying to count my calories again as well. I signed up for the Nutrition program again in workout manager. Last time I signed up for the 3 month program I lost about 5 pounds. So far I haven't lost anything yet but it is letting me know where I am failing....which are the snacks.

Happy St. Patricks Day

Cheryl

Diane, Thank you so much for your complements. I'm glad you thought of taking your vest off during the breaks. Way to go on STS.:D Congratulations on the weight loss. Watching what you eat and eating clean will do it. Good for you.

Pam, You are doing fantastic with those dead lifts. Wow girl you are strong! I would be tingly all over too if I could do that. Good for you!:D

There is no difference between any positive or negative O, A, B, or AB. I've just started it, but will keep everyone updated. I think this might improve my eating habits. We'll see. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Good advice. My husband is the same as you, everything in moderation. I keep looking for more, because no one person is the same.

Eunice, Can't eat potatoes (white, yellow, red), bread, (yet I'm baking some for DH.) mustard greens, black olives, pickles...but there is more I can eat than the other types. There is so much food available I won't be starving, sweet potato, spinach, onions, garlic, tomato, zucchini...the list is immense.

Your pancakes sound marvelous, unfortunately, while I'm on this diet, I won't be able to make any. Perhaps another day. I'll keep it on the back burner.;)

Cheryl, Good job on Athletic Step. I think I'll do it tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration.

Have a great evening everyone,

Janie

Eunice Yes, I am on facebook. Pam Geiger in North Carolina. Send me a friend request and I will accept.

How are your legs feeling today? My shoulders are the most sore after my workout yesterday (even though I wasn't working shoulders! :rolleyes:) I don't like bananas or cottage cheese, so I'm not sure if I would like your pancakes. I do like maple syrup though :p

Cheryl I really like Athletic Step. I think it's my favorite step workout in the SC series.

Janie The no potatoes or bread would be hard for me. Some of the other things you can't eat seem strange - mustard greens and pickles?! I'm sure there is a lot of science behind it that I don't understand. It will definitely be interesting to see how you like it and how you do.

This morning I did Hiit Double wave pyramid and yoga style abs. I really like that ab workout (actually I really like all the ab circuits workouts!) I am going to try to do 2 workouts the next 2 days to catch back up on this rotation. Not sure if I'll be able to tomorrow or not with work, kids practices, games and a birthday party, but I'm going to try. have a great day everyone!

Pam

Good morning Ladies,

I know I haven't been very present lately but, let's just say that I didn't have much to report since during my recovery week, I worked out... taratatatam (those are supposed to be drum rolls)... Once! I did Jari Love Ripped 1000 on Saturday and that's it! Not very proud of myself.

I guess I really celebrated my 40th! DH (see I'm learning, and in this case "D" REALLY means Dear ;) took me out to the pub for dinner on the day. He and Tristan had gone earlier to decorate our local pub with balloons and ribbons, he had brought a cake, etc, it was great. On Thursday, my best friend took me out for dinner and lots of drinks. I had taken the day off on Friday, but did absolutely nothing. Saturday, I was convinced by DH to go watch a rugby match at our friends', but he took me to the spa and came to pick me up four hours later. Then we had sushi with friends and were going out for cocktails... and I was surprised at the restaurant/bar with about 30 of my friends for a surprise party. I WOULD TURN FOURTY EVERY YEAR!!!!!!!!! Anyway, I was really spoiled.

I got the best compliment on the night of my surprise party - 2 friends (27 and 31 year old) told me, and I quote (sorry for the language) :
Lauren: "I want an ass like that when I'm forty"
Shannon: "Hey, I want an ass like that now!"

It was great!!! ;)

I don't like recovery week, because there is nothing scheduled on my calendar, and I'm less motivated to do the workouts (especially last week I guess).

Anyway, I am back, I did Disc 25 - chest and back yesterday and was surprised and happy with my poundage.
70 pounds bench press (flat)
30 pounds flys (flat and incline)
85# barbell rows
35# one arm rows
96# deadlifts
50# incline bench press

Good thing I have 2 barbells and enough plates to load both or I wouldn't have been able to do the workout...
Now I need to go buy a 35# dumbbell, cause I've been putting 2 2.5 pounds wrist weights on my wrist to make it 35.

Janie - I figured out the Versa Gripps and it's the only reason I managed 96# on the deadlifts. They are worse every penny after all.

I tried a loose version of the blood type diet about 9 years ago, my mom had given me the book. I always felt drained of energy at night, so I decided to give it a go. Unfortunately I'm blood type A... so I didn't eat any kind of meat for a whole year (DH is O, that's all he should eat almost according to the diet). But I LOVE meat, so it didn't last. In the end, I think that for me, it's just a matter of portion control. The steak should be 4 ounces, not 8... Good luck with it!

The downloads are great - I downloaded all of STS, and every week, in Cathe's update email, there's a feature workout with a 30% rebate, and I download it if I don't already have it. I am actually in the process of digitalizing all my workouts, I think it's much more convenient than the discs... I love the fact that I get it right away, no waiting game, no shipping charges, which are always more to Canada, and I select the workout I want with my remote. Fantastic.

I found out about the little machine which name I forget that you wear on your arm and it tells you how many calories you are burning in a day, and you can download the data on the computer..... I would looovvveee one of these and it's too bad I only found out about it last week or I would have asked for that for my birthday. Now it's have to be Christmas, which is a long way away. But $200-$300 is a bit much for a gadget I am not too too sure about. Any of you have one???

Eunice - Great to see you on Facebook! I'll have to research about that Paleo diet, but it seems like I have such a hard time following any restricted diet for very long that I don't know - I think I just want to try to eat the best I can and moderate portions, but still be able to go out to a restaurant. Until next time I get very fed up I guess!

I haven't decided if I'm doing the Plyo Legs or the Squat Rack for Meso 3 yet... I have read somewhere in the forum that Squat Rack legs gave more noticeable results. I really don't know yet. I guess I'll have to figure that one out by tomorrow!

Pam - If you feel like all you did was eat and drink, that is a fantastic time! And if on top of it you only gained .8 pounds, that's wonderful! I so love to eat and drink :eek:! The bonus is that usually when I do that, I'm 3 x as motivated to workout, to make up for it!

Would anybody be interested in following the same rotation the next time around (I know a lot of us will finish the 3 1/2 month rotation at about the same time). I would love to make the conscious decision to follow the same rotation as someone else, just like a pact almost, I would find it so motivating. We could custom build it, or use one that is already built, like Janie's hard core STS/Insanity/... I finish my rotation on the 13th of April and I'm starting to think at what I want to do next. What I do know is that it will be a rotation, because I find them very motivating. Anyway, if anybody is interested, let me know!

Today is HiiT Pyramid... will do it tonight. So easy to motivate myself to do it when it is in my calendar!

Wishing everyone a fabulous day. It's blue sky and sunshine here in Kingston.

Sandra

Thumper I love bread. I was eating to much bread, that's why I decide that I needed to stop eating it, so when I get back I will eat in moderation! :p I'm glad I don't live close to a bakery, I will live in there, I contacted cathesupport, I hope they can help me out:confused:

Janie it does sound like that's something not everyone eats, at least not me, I have no idea how to cook something like mustard greens:p pickles maybe.. but good you wont starve..

Pam I couldn't find you on FB,:( maybe you can send me a friend request instead "Eunice Andrews"... My legs are fine today not to bad, but like you I have sore upper body from doing back/chest..I can't believe that you don''t like cottage cheese, that is a good source of protein, you should try you cannot feel the texture of the cheese, for the bananas you can go for something else, strawberries;)

Sandra sounds pretty nice! I haven't celebrated my birthday in a long while, my baby daughter was born the same day as me so I celebrate hers, and my DH has birthday 4 days after, then presents is on December:confused: alot of money to save to go to Texas for the holidays, but that's ok...
Nice complements I love complements those just makes feel good and work hard.
Sandra those numbers are crazy(good crazy) girl your the bomb 30# for flys! wow! 96# deadlifts double wow! god lord and this is the meso3 week 1 I wonder how heavy are you going to be doing on week 4???;) Let us know witch one you did, I wish I could go for the squat rack but I don't have one so I have to stick with plyo. I'm not following any diet am just crazy been strict with my food.
Pam and I going to do the March Cathe rotation looks good beside we get to use all the other DVD'S we haven't use in a while....I think we are planning some time around the 19 or so we have to plan accordingly with each other schedule, so we all can do that one you should take a look at it.

Ok, am out to my personal gym I don't remember whats today I think MMA: Fusion I love that one, I'll be back later.

Last edited:
Did Athletic Step today. I love that one!

Pam, I just mentioned a few foods out of hundreds and hundreds that I can have and a few foods I can't have being O type. There is so much more to this diet/a way of eating. I chose mustard greens and pickles because I thought they might be the less likely eaten by people and that you guys may think that stuff wasn't important anyway (poor choice for examples). And I chose bread unless it is spelt or Ezekiel, and potatoes because that is what most people like. It really is so far a remarkable way of eating. I lost another pound, it could be from the hike Joey and I did, or maybe it was because of this diet. ???? hmmmmmmmmmmm.
So far I'm not craving anything, and I'm not hungry in-between meals either. But, this is only the beginning. We'll see, I'll keep you posted.:)

Good job on your workout today. Not an easy one by any means.

Sandra, Even if you did one workout this weekend, it was something. :)

Happy 40th! It sounds you and family had a wonderful time at your decorated Pub. So glad you enjoyed the spa and a Sushi dinner, yet another party at the restaurant. You are very popular. DH was sweet in doing that for you.;) I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised about living in your 40's.:)

Those complements from your friends are wonderful! You can't get an arse like that unless you work your arse off with exercises. Good for you!

Next time you could try an active recovery week by doing cardio. Examples, swimming, running, boxing, step ups, jogging. Anything but weight lifting. That way you can fill the void.

Your poundage is amazing! Really, you are in incredible shape lifting that kind of heavy weight. Keep up the good work.;)

I figured you would figure out the gripps. Kinda like a puzzle isn't it? Once you learn it though, it's an amazing piece of equipment.

I agree with you on the diet thing, portion control is key.

In Meso 3, I used the Plyo legs, because when I use it I can run faster, jump higher. I think I agree about the squat rack, you do get visibly stronger looking in the legs. Makes sense. I hope someone will jump on that wagon with you, because it is a big motivator.

I'd love to follow a rotation with you, but I'll be on my cruise at that time. I'll be home on the fifth of May, to late to begin one with you. Maybe the next time around. Would just love that!

Enjoy HITT Pyramid tonight.

Eunice, Enjoy MMA Fusion, that's a good one. Let us know how it goes.

Janie

Sandra Good for you for celebrating your birthday in such a big way! It sounds like your hubby really did it up right :D pub, spa, sushi, party, how fun!

You need to frame those compliments and hang them on your wall! How fabulous is that?! It makes all of the hard work feel worthwhile doesn't it?

I just did disc 25 and was happy for the long rests between sets because they gave me just enough time to get the weights changed on my barbell. I didn't even think about using 2 since I have 2 now. Great idea! I'm not sure if I have enough plates to do that though, I will have to check. You and Eunice are making me feel like a big wimp with my bench presses though! :confused:

I need to go get a 35 pound dumbbell for my rows too. I've been getting creative and trying to hold two or holding a dumbbell and a plate and it doesn't work very well.

Eunice and I were talking about doing Cathe's March rotation next - we are both douing the 3 1/2 month STS/SC rotation now. I'm not sure when I can start though because I'm a little off due to the NO trip and we have a beach trip coming up in a couple of weeks. I'm going to try to get caught up on this rotation in the next few days though.

Eunice I just sent you a friend request on FB. I knew which Eunice Andrews was you when I saw the picture with the Cathe crew :D You're right, I may like the cottage cheese cooked in the pancakes and I LOVE strawberries so maybe I will give that recipe a try. I love to try new recipes!

Janie IO just thought mustard greens and pickles were strange things to NOT be able to eat. There must be some chemistry behind it huh? I love pickles though! They are a staple in my house.
It's fantastic that you aren't craving anything, aren't hungry AND lost another pound. Great job :D

Have a nice evening all!

Pam

Well no workout today for me. Work has been H*** for the past several days. Working through lunch etc. Today as well as working through lunch I also worked a bit later. So I am totally fried right now. I am so glad tomorrow is Friday (actually I wish today was Friday, I really don't want to go back there tomorrow).:(

Sandra Glad to hear that your 40th birthday was a blast. The spa would is so nice. Isn't it great when you get compliments especially when they are from people younger than you!! Dont' worry about not doing too much in the way of exercising on your recovery week. It sounds like you got back into the swing of things, 30 pounds on flys.....good for you. I know which gadet you are talking about but I don't have one. I think if you go into the open discussion forum there are threads there about it. I would be interested in following a rotation together but I am behind on the 3 1/2 month rotation because of the the Olympics. I won't finish it until sometime in May.

Eunice Isn't the Cathe road trip this weekend. If I remember correctly you were going to that. When do you leave?

Jaine Athletic Step is fun isn't it.

Happy Friday everyone.

Cheryl

Pam, It certainly makes life easier when the weight you need is in front of you. When you can get those 35#, you'll just love it!:)

Cheryl, I'm so sorry to hear about work.:( I don't like those kinds of days either. Hope things go better for you soon.:)

Take care everyone, sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite.;)

Janie

Hi Janie Athletic Step one of my favorites ones, its fun isn't? Wow one pound all ready that is fantastic:D I like that, I also like the part were you don't get hungry in-between meals, not craving anything that is a plus. For how long do you plan on doing this diet? or is a change for life.
I just can't get enough of MMA:Fusion I love this workout is core work 100% and I love the new drills, fun, and easy to learn.:D

Hey Pam nice to be friends in Face Book as well, so funny I saw that picture but I never thought that was you, and when I looked it up by place it did not found any match, but glad you found me. So I know that you like disc 25 the long rest in between, I know that help to recover and go forward, I first thought that was to long of the rest but no when you doing heavy, that's perfect.... Don't worry about how much weight you are doing on the bench press, at first I couldn't do 40# and for flys my heavies one was 12# so just keep working and you'll get there eventually;) We all are different the tough 35# for the rows, that's not to shabby

Hey Cheryl sorry to hear that your work is been a H***, I know how frustrating that is I don't work for now, but my DH sometimes get one of those days and just been around him is a not very nice time to be... I hope it get better today, maybe if you squeeze 30 min. some kind of activity it would make you feel better you know release some of that bad energy.... burn it baby, burn it..;)
Next Friday is when I'm going to the Trip, OMG I'm so excited am planning on living after I drop my daughter to school, its going to be fun:D So nice to be your friend on Face Book too.

Ok I have to go I have disc 27# I'll be back later. Have a nice day happy Friday.

Cheryl So sorry to hear about work, I hope it calms down soon! And now it is Friday, so hopefully you will be able to relax and enjoy the weekend!

Janie You are right, I might just go buy a 35 pounder this weekend!

Eunice I LOVED the video on Facebook of Stacy doing the squat thrusts! What an absolute doll she is! What a great example you are setting for her with your exercising too!

My workout this morning was the cardio from All Step and then Disc 35, plyo legs. I was so afraid of this workout after reading about how tough the plyo leg discs are and I loved it! :p I think this was my favorite leg workout yet. And the one legged sit and stands were a breeze for me today - hooray! have a great Friday everyone!

Pam

Today I enjoyed MMA Boxing. I like that one too!

Eunice, I found a picture of me a couple of years back. I just don't have any resent ones, Yet.
312459909.jpg

My hair is very short in this one, and to day, it is quite long, towards the middle of my back. But that is essentially what I look like.

The diet is a life time change. Maybe, I'm still testing out the waters. So far so good.

Enjoy disc 27!;)

Pam, Good job on your workouts. Congratulations on doing better with the one legged sit and stands.

Hi to everyone else. (waving hi)

Janie

Hi Pam I know isn't so cute? and she is so funny, and spoil, and a little brat too but she is my baby and I have so much fun with her, you never know what she is going to come up with, every time a surprise:p:D
So you did disc 35? or 26? for plyo legs I think it is 26 because that's the one I broke. Well anyways good for you that you like it and you did extra cardio, that's good. those leg sit and stand is not a walk in the park and you did great-an other hooray for you.

Hi Janie good workout ha? how sweet you look in this picture,now I have face for Miss Janie..;) I like that you have long hair now, all my sisters like short hair, and my mom has short too I think am the only one with long hair.
Good luck with your diet.
I just finish disc 27 OMG it was a good one I did pretty good with my weight I think it was heavy....:confused: on the last set for shoulders I got a cramp on my right one, and I stink on concentration curls, I was supposed to do 17# but I did 16# I can't not ever go heavy on those, but on the standing curls I did 45# barbell so I think at the end of this meso I will be able to go heavy on those suckers:mad: am fried so I'm going to take an extra stretch am waiting for my Stacy, and then I'm going to do 30 min. of kickbox from 4DS I like that one my core was so sore the days after I did that one.
Ok everyone have fun its Friday I'll be back later..;)

Eunice - I'm so glad they are replacing your disc... they are very good at Cathe support. A couple of weeks ago I downloaded the weekly featured workout, and when I put the coupon code in the box and did recalculate, it was telling me it was free! I downloaded it and sent them a message to bill me if it was a mistake and they replied that they had made a mistake and that they wouldn't bill me for the workout! That's customer service...

which brings me to me not doing my workout, yet again yesterday, I was such in a bad mood. I ordered a plate rack 6 weeks ago at the Treadmill factory, the only store around here that does weights, they hadn't called me yet after I went twice being told, it will be there next Wed,... they had billed me for the wrong one, they charged me to get the one I wanted, I paid, took it home, just to find out that he gave me the Olympic one, so now I have to wrap it all up again, drive the 40 km again to return it, get my money back and start all over again. That's right after not being able to get a refund on a dress. I ate, a lot, and drank wine, a little, instead.

And it looks like I won't work out today either. The party we thought we had tomorrow night turns out to be tonight! So I have to rush home, get ready and go again. 3 workouts tomorrow??? We'll see!

Eunice, you need to be celebrated! But think about the greatest birthday present you had a few years ago when your daughter was born. A lot of pain, but worth it! (BTW, it was the first time Phil was doing so much... he got told off on Valentines, maybe it has something to do with it).

I looked at the March rotation and there are a few DVDs I don't have, I just got insanity and Chalean Extreme, so I might try to integrate something like that a bit. To be honest, I like STS so much that it won't be long before I start it again! I'll let you know about the March rotation.

Janie - I love Athletic Step as well, in fact, I love all the new Shock Cardio workouts. I do dread CCC though, that's a toughy. Good on you on the pound! I wish I could say the same :confused: I have heard so many people saying they were distraught about turning 40, but I'm the complete opposite, I'm really embracing it!

I did do a very active recovery week after Meso 1, but I think the unusual partying took its toll, that's the down side of the 40s I guess, I'm not as tough as I used to be!

I think I will use Plyo legs, squat rack next time around...
We'll talk about a rotation - on the 5th May, I would probably be ready to start a 3.5 months one like STS again. I'm already itching to start it again and see my improvements.

Pam - There is no way you are a wimp! Some exercises are easier for some than others, I bet you do much better than me with pushups and pullups, I'm so bad at them!! But working on it!!!!

I got one 35 pound dumbbell yesterday, haven't used it yet... but the ankle weights on the wrists works pretty well, you should try it until you get the 35.

Pam, nice to see you on Facebook! It's nice to put a face to the name... Great picture Janie, you look great. Lucky you, I have never managed to have my hair that long.

I use cottage cheese to make a ranch dip for veggies, but put it through the hand blender. Doesn't taste like cottage cheese at all...

Cheryl - It's hard to get motivated when you have a bad day at work. It's weekend now!

It seems like a lot of us would be up for something new in May.... shall we look into it????

I have to go. Take care everyone and have a great beginning of weekend!

Sandra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.