Lurkers Invitation 2010

Pinkquinn, How nice of you to come join us. Welcome aboard and it's so great to meet you!

Thank you for the encouragement with our workouts. We certainly can use it.

I also have a friend who does Trx. She's doing workouts with them and enabling me to want to purchase them. Maybe for Christmas.:rolleyes:

Cheryl, Would love to see the Olympic pictures when you can post them. What an amazing experience you had. I do envy that.;) When you do hang up the bib, please take a picture of that as well. Love to see it.

Pam, Yeah, when I do Cathe's leg work, it's a challenge for me. Only because my body needs to do them.LOL

I hope you get your Versa Gripps soon too. It took a couple of weeks after I ordered, before I got mine. They are wonderful.

Enjoy your charity wine tasting affair. I bet it will be a lot of fun. Listen to your instincts.;)

Janie

Hi Pinkquin good that you decided to come over and join this thread is going to be fun...What is the trx workout?! So you say that you gain 7#? well if that is muscle that's good, you know I gain 2# all out of the nothing:eek::eek::( but I was thinking that is because this time (second time) doing STS I'm going heavier more then last time for legs I'm getting more flexible, using plates, sit,stand with one leg holding the bell, yes!!! today I did it for the first time with no problem I can do those sukers...
so good to have you here and hope to see you more often.

Janie That Cruise sound so exciting 4 countries, you are going to Acapulco OMG please take lots of pictures. I'm pretty sure you'll be smoking hot on that bathing suit, for how long are you going to be overseas?! I also have a good mother-in-low (not sister) how paid for the entire ticket for the Cathe SD Tour, I'm so bless and lucky with my in-lows both of them are really, really nice to us..

Pgeiger:p Guess what today I did for the first time the sit-stand with one leg and holding 17# I was surprise my self....is this is real?? In the middle of the standing oh yes it is;) on the side lounges I went up on my weight I'm getting more flexible so so I can go dipper on my plate lounges. I was pretty happy..
I think I have the answer to my weight gain, I've been using heave weights this time in almost every workout, I've been login my food every day, for two weeks tough;) I know I need to get better on that one.
Have fun tonight with your wine tasting:p
Have a good afternoon everyone..

Thumper are you back home yet?! we will waiting for those pictures, but pictures of you too don forget that. enjoy your moment;) Cheryl.

Cheryl Sorry to hear that you woke up so early, you may have that problem for a little while getting adjusted back to your normal schedule. We are looking forward to some of those pictures!

Eunice It is wonderful to have great in-laws, isn't it? Do they live close to you? My in-laws are wonderful too. They live in PA, but we see them 4-5 times a year.

Hooray on the sit and stands, :D aren't those just killers?! The first time I had to keep asking Cathe if she was serious! Cathe says that the first one is the hardest, and I always tell her oh no it isn't! When we do the regular sit and stands in the High Step tape I am always counting them down because I can't wait for them to be over. :p My quads and glutes are really feeling yesterday's workout!

I had a 2 pound weight gain with this workout at first but it looks like I might FINALLY be past that. I'm not counting on it until I make it through a weekend, but I am down for 3 days straight now so I'm hopeful :) Your weight gain definitely could be because you are using heavier weights and building muscle. I think I'm seeing some new muscle definition, but I could be imagining it too :rolleyes:

The wine tasting was nice and we didn't get crazy with the appetizers or the wines.

This morning I was supposed to do MMA Kickboxing but I couldn't get excited about that so I did Tracey Staehle High Intensity Step Mix instead. That is one of my favorites and I hadn't done it for awhile. My legs were definitely feeling yesterday's workout on some of those intervals! Then I did the abs from LIC. I love Cathe's ab workouts, they are so tough and so varied.

Tonight we are going to a fabulous Mexican restaraunt with some of our neighbors. This isn't one of those places that bring you non-stop chips and salsa, so that's good. I just can't seem to stop eating those things! :confused: This place has the best margaritas I have ever tasted though! :p They are worth the calories. I'll just have to do some extra cardio tomorrow ;) Have a great Friday everyone. Talk to you later!

Good morning! So yesterday I was bad, didn’t get my workout in at all. I was so sluggish all day, and this after feeling so energized all week. Kind of a crash and burn I guess. Today I plan to do my final Meso 1 disc 12, and see if I can add some cardio afterwards. I’ll report back later on.

Janie- Have fun on your cruise, April is coming up fast! I bet you are excited! By the way, I wouldn’t totally give up on baking cookies, just wait until after the cruise. ;)

Pam- This is my second round of STS. Last year I did the 3 ½ month rotation when they first came out. I just love this series! I’m one of those people that do better if I follow a structured plan, otherwise I spend too much time on a given day trying to figure out what I feel like doing that day.

Pinkquinn- Welcome! So what are these trx workouts? Thanks for the encouragement too!

Happy Friday to all!

Diane

Good midmorning Ladies. Dud circut class yesterday and then a 20mins low level on the gauntlet

Eunice. You have been lifting some heavy weight. Those sit stands are no joke I cant believe you are using 17#:eek: I read you are moving is that right?

pgeiger. I recommend trying trx. It seems like it targets the weakest part of our body. I have seen improvement on core and butt:D what workouts are you doing?

jainejoey..enable enable enable it is a great piece of equiptment and easy to store and set up. I take the class at the gym and I have trainer that trains me on it. I want one but I dont have anywhere to hang it on and I am sure dh wouldn't let me install a hook

Diane. trx is a suspention system that uses body weight and your core:eek: I really like, it is tough! Is this your first sts round?

have a good day! train hard have fun!

Hello Everyone!

I did Step Moves this morning and then went out to shovel some really wet snow! It's hard to say how much we ended up with - it started out around 2" by the garage and drifted to about 8" in places. The plows came by and the sun is out, so everything is dry. Thank goodness that it wasn't as bad as the weather forecasters thought it was going to be!

Tomorrow I will do Disk 20, Sunday will be Disk 21, then I should be caught up with the rotation again.

Hi Pinkquinn!

Janie - your cruise sounds great! Hope you can share your adventures when you get back. My husband and I have been talking about going to the Azores - he was stationed there and loved it.

Eunice - look at you and the weight you use on legs! I am impressed!

Cheryl - isn't it great to be back in your own home! I travel a lot and always love to come home...

Have a great Friday night - stay warm!
Elle

Pgeiger Whenever we are install in Australia my father-in-low is planing a big trip over there he wants to go hunting in New Zealand; I think it would be wonderful. I know I could felt the muscle fibers in my legs, my brain was trying to catch up with my legs:confused: counting down is a good idea...my butt and my quads are feeling it today too:D
See we both have the same trouble thinking about the weight gain I hope during the rest week I can see the change on my scale:confused:
good to know that you did very well with you wine tasting..
This morning I did MMA:kick boxing it went pretty good I liked the core conditioning it wasn't to bad all the jumping after that I did the Rhythmic Step..
Enjoy the Mexican food and your Margaritas.... talk to you later..

Diane15 sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling good, hope your doing better today.

Pinkquin I love your energy girl... you pump my day:D Yes I'm moving this coming summer I'm working on my oldest daughter immigration so she can stay in the States; hopefully she joins the Air Force she really need some of that.
I think I know what is the trx I saw it when we went to LA Fitness expo but I did not want to try it. It looks hard tough if you can do that that means that you are hard solid muscle:eek: pictures!.... you owed me some...

ElleJay don't you just love step moves?! I do but I wonder witch one is more difficult to master Rhythmic Step or Step Moves or Athletic Step?!
doing the shovel-max is another good one; doesn't? or maybe not I have never ever done it so I have no idea of what you are goin throug. Good you almost caught up with the rotation... This the 3rd time I have done meso 2... don't worry in no time you'll be there lifting heavy...:eek:

Ok today I did MMA:Kick boxing it was a good workout I liked the core work, after that I did Rhythmic Step.. My legs are fried:eek: good thing tomorrow I have back/biceps..
No plans for tonight maybe watch a movie and stay home warm and cozy..DH is working in his truck so when he gets home his very tired and no desire to do anything else... but today is Friday yayay tomorrow I don't have to get up early... Have a good night everyone and talk to you all laterrrrr:D

Last edited:
This morning I did MMA Fusion. Even though I was active when I was away I could tell that I hadn't done an intense workout for several weeks. Oh well tomorrow will be better.

pgeiger Well today I still woke up at 4 a.m. but was able to get back to sleep till 7 a.m. Your're right that it will take a while to get back into my normal schedule. Have fun at the Mexican Restaraunt tonight. I love Mexican food

janiejoey I will try to post the pictures soon. I will take a picture of the bib when I get it done. It was my most favorite gift. Your cruise sounds like it will be fun. We did a repositioning cruise about 9 years ago from Vancouver to Los Angeles. Enjoy yourself.

worseenemy I got back home on Wednesday afternoon. I will post pictures of myself and of the venue itself. Good for you for doing the sit and stands holding 17#. I think I have only got to 12 or 15 #.

ElleJay Yes it does feel great to be back home. Living out of a suitcase for 2 weeks gets hard. Step Moves is fun, maybe I will try that one tomorrow.

Enjoy your Friday

Cheryl

Today was SC MMA Fusion and Insanity Cardio Recovery. I just didn't have a lot of strength today. Everything was so hard! Tomorrow is my rest day. Maybe that will help.

Eunice, I may not look smoking hot in a swimsuit, but I won't look like an old lady either. LOL We will be on the cruse for 16 days. It's going to be so much fun! Will take lots and lots of pictures for you all to see. What a wonderful Mother-In-Law to pay for Cathe's Tour. Wow.

Pam, I wondered too if the weight gain wasn't muscle instead of fat. You guys are working so hard and consistent.

Good job on socializing with the wine and appetizers.

I like Tracey's workouts and Cathe's abs, good for you. Not easy ones.

Enjoy your dinner and the margaritas.;)

Diane15, We all have those days. Looks like you'll get back into it tomorrow. Congratulations on your final Meso. YEAH!

I do love those cookies.:rolleyes:

Pinkquinn, Great job working out. High five!

I thought the Trx could be used anywhere. Hmmm. I thought perhaps I could use it going visiting my son/camping, and stuff like that. I'll have to look again to see what they do.

Elle, Great job on Step Moves. I love that one! You must have worked very hard shoveling wet snow. Sounds like nasty stuff. Glad though that it wasn't as bad as predicted.

I'm taking my lap top with me to the cruise, so if there are any hot spots out there, I'll still be able to communicate with you all.

Where are the Azores? Sounds wonderful.

Cheryl, You did good on the MMA Fusion. It's intense enough.;)

Janie

Ah, Disk 20 down! I thought the sit and stands were done with - ha! they're baacckkk... :p

Janie - the Azores are off the coast of Portugal. Isn't it amazing that you can even think of wifi hotspots in the middle of the ocean - they probably have satellite links -? maybe... Pretty soon there won't be anywhere in the world where you can't connect - I don't know whether to be happy or scared about that :D

Eunice - I love Step Moves and Rhythmic Step - the more intricate the step the better, there are times when I just say NO MORE TUCK JUMPS :). ShovelMax was interesting yesterday - it was soooo heavy, and I'm so grateful that we have a snowblower for the end of the driveway. That was SUPER heavy.

Cheryl - congrats on jumping right back in to working out - you are awesome!

Ok everyone, off to the grocery store to find some green peppers - I am making paella today with skinless chicken and turkey sausage and shrimp.

Have a great Saturday!

Elle

pinkquinn You are definitely renewing my interest in TRX. It's on my wishlist (along with about 200 other things! :D) I would love to see an improvement in my core. My lower abs are my problem area. Right now I'm doing the STS/Shock cardio 3 1/2 month rotation.
BTW, I checked our your pictures in your profile. What a beautiful family!

Elle You are sure getting a workout with all of that shoveling! The weather man said the s word again this morning as a possibility for Tuesday. I almost threw my shoe at the TV :mad: We are scheduled to go the the BEACH in a month for my husband and his friend to take kite surfing lessons so it better start warming up fast or they will freeze their hineys! I'm glad to hear that your snow wasn't as bad as they predicted and everything is dry now. You'll have to report on your disc 20 experience today - I thought it was a killer. I did it Thursday and my legs are still talking to me!

Cheryl MMA Fusion is a tough workout, especially when you haven't done an intense one for awhile. I'm impressed! Glad to hear you were able to get back to sleep!

Janie I like MMA Fusion but I agree it's hard. That is a LONG cruise - 16 days, how wonderful! I can't wait to see your pictures! Enjoy your rest day today!

Elle i see you already did report on Disc 20! Yes, those pesky sit and stands reappeared. Maybe we are done with them now? ;)
I know what you mean about the hotspots. It's good and bad. I work for IBM and now everyone expects that you can and will connect whenever and wherever. It makes it hard to really get a break from work.

I LOVE paella. You are being so good and making such a healthy version too! I'm trying to decide what will be on our menu for tonight. I was thinking about a giant cowboy steak :eek:

I did disc 21 back and bi's this morning. It was pretty good. This is the closest I have been to the weight on my workout card yet. I was hanging right in there until I got to the 2nd wave of biceps. I could NOT do all the reps with the recommended weight on that one. At first I had miscalculated my weight and had an extra 10 pounds on the barbell! I was relieved when I figured out what I had done. For the 2nd wave I didn't increase the weight for the second round since I couldn't make the 12 reps on the first set. I made all 3 sets of the deadlifts with 80# though without frying my forearms :D I also did the step work from All Step. I love that one. I'm getting ready to start on a new stained glass lamp so off to the store to pick up my glass this morning. I figure I need to get going on it because once it does get warm out I won't be interested in working on any indoor projects. Have a great Saturday everyone!
Oh I almost forgot - the margaritas were as good as I remembered!

Pam

Last edited:
Elle, Good job on disc 20.

I looked up the Azores and found it is made up of little Islands. How cool is that?:cool: Are they similar from the Hawaiian Islands? I looked at some pictures and it is very beautiful.

It is amazing getting hot spots when on the ocean. I think I'm happy about that. It is a little scary, but technology is marvelous.

How did your dinner of paella go. I bet it was delicious!:p

Pam, Great job on disc 21! Congratulaions on upping your weight poundage. OMG! 80 pounds for dead lifts. I can just hear my back from the pressure of that kind of weight. You are awesome! I love All Step step workout. You are good.

I've always wanted to do stain glass. Is it hard to do? Is it expensive? Is it dangerous? Did you teach yourself or took a class? Wooh, so many questions.:rolleyes:

Janie

Well it was Step Moves this morning. It was a bit easier working out than yesterday was. Took one of our cats in for his annual check up this morning. Needless to say he is a bit miffed at us. Oh well he will survive....

Cheryl

Hi everyone I can't believe that its 3:55 and I'm still have not done my workout disc 21 is calling my name....I can hear that while I'm sitting here after watching a movie.. I better go and do something before it gets dark.... I'm soooooo lazyyyy todayyyy.... Help please..
You all stay safe.

Last edited:
Eunice let us know if you get your work out in. I did mine at 9:00 at night yesterday:cool:

you can doooo itttttttttttt

Janie I have been doing stained glass for 25 years(!) I took a class when I first moved to North Carolina and have been doing it ever since. I wouldn't say that it is hard, but it can be expensive. Of course when I think about how much I spend on my exercise gear, I'm thinking maybe it's not so bad! :rolleyes: The main thing is that you have to invest in your tools up front. There really aren't too many tools you need...you have to have a soldering iron, a good glass cutter and a grinder. After that the main expense is the glass and of course the price varies greatly for the glass. Just like everything, there are a lot of other tools and things that you can get but don't really need. The lamp I am making is a 16 inch cone shape poppy pattern and I got some really nice glass for it for $100. By the time I add the solder and the copper foil I'll have about another $20-25 in it, so not bad considering the end product.

Cheryl Sorry to hear your cat is unhappy with you, I know how that is. My poor cat gets pink eye all the time so I'm always putting drops in his eyes. He hates it, but as soon as the treats come out he forgives me!

Eunice Did you get that workout in yesterday? Sometimes we need to just hang out on the couch and be lazy!

Elle How was that paella? I went for the giant cowboy steak. :eek: We have a Big Green Egg and nothing cooks a steak like the Big Green Egg!

Diane06 Hope you are feeling better!

Today is my rest day. I was going to go for a bike ride this morning but it's only 31 degrees so I'm going to wait and see if it warms up some. BRRRRRRR
Have a great Sunday ladies.

Yay - all caught up from last week! Back to the normally scheduled rotation :D. Did Disk 21(?) the back and bi's of Week 3!

Pam and Janie - the paella was wonderful! I couldn't find any short grain rice other than the brown, so I had to cook it a bit longer, but the taste was worth it! I love brown rice, always have long grain around, but never the short grain! I put boneless, skinless chicken thighs, shrimp and chicken sausage and lots of good vegetables. It was so pretty!

Janie - yes, doesn't it look beautiful? Hubbie said that it is a bit windy there and that airplane landings were 'challenging' :). There are a lot of cliffs rather than beaches and it doesn't get very warm there with the winds. The people are very friendly and warm!

Pam - how is that Big Green Egg? I wanted to get one for my husband for his birthday coming up - he has a smoker and a grill, but I've heard really good things about the egg.. I love a big old steak now and then!

Eunice - did you get your workout in? ;) What was the movie that you were so engrossed in?

Janie - are you going to start another thread for March? I can't believe that February is gone after today, but with a 50" plus month of snow. I kind of glad :)

Happy Sunday!
Elle

Did STS disc 21 back & biceps. Will also go hiking with my Joey cause it's so beautiful out side. Can't help ourselves.

Pam, Oh, I'm going to have to take a class for sure. I'll try and find something starting with the internet in my area. Hope I can find one. You will have to take a picture of your lamb for all to see. I bet it's beautiful!

Enjoy your rest day. If you decide to go bike riding later, enjoy that as well.:)

Elle, You and I did disc 21 today. I loved it!

Hope you enjoy the paella, it sounds marvelous!

I thought I would leave the thread the way it is. If I did that the last couple of people's posts might not get read. I've experienced that on other threads before.

But of course this is our thread and if everyone else wants to start a new thread every month, that is very OK with me. Then whoever gets to the thread before anyone else can start it off that month. Just let me know.;)

Janie

Happy Monday morning ladies. i can't believe it's already week 4 of meso 2.

Elle We just love the Big Green Egg. I got it for my husband a couple of years ago for his birthday. It gets really hot so you can get a nice char on your steaks and it maintains it's heat, no matter how cold it is outside. It smokes a mean brisket too

Janie I hope you and Joey got out for your hike yesterday. I never did go on my bike ride since I got too involved in projects. Oh well! Let me know if you decide to take a stained glass class. I have really enjoyed it. I got a kiln for my birthday last year but haven't done much with fusing yet.

This morning was 30/30 and weights and plates abs. The workouts were both tough for me this morning, definitely didn't have my mojo :confused: I made it through the weekend without the 2 pound weight gain though, hooray!:D Happy March!

Pam

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.