Lurkers are very interesting people...

morningstar

Cathlete
If I have a thought in response to a thread or idea, I feel the instant need to share it with everyone, even if my thought isn't new, original, interesting or well thought out, for that matter. I find people that can read all these interesting things and not respond fascinating!

If I have a thought in response to a thread or idea, I feel the instant need to share it with everyone, even if my thought isn't new, original, interesting or well thought out, for that matter. I find people that can read all these interesting things and not respond fascinating!

I sometimes like to call it self-control ;)

Ditto what Mary and Melissa said! As you can see by my post count I haven't always lurked :p, but quite frankly I don't find the forums as interesting or as fun as they used to be. ;)

I am not a lurker, but have become less likely to post over the past few months. Unless the subject directly relates to something I am interested in or have substantial back up, proof, permission from my mother etc, I feel a little put off just offering an OPINION.

An example is the thread about the boy with cancer who's mother was refusing chemotherapy for. I myself, have been trying to keep my son alive for 5 years thru cardiac meds etc. So I found that upsetting, but the topic went from that to alternative treatment vs conventional treatment. Not my area of expertise.
And in order to find out that he had this type of cancer, she had to use conventional medicine. So I am confused as to what her true religious beliefs are.

I have learned a tremendous amount from many of the threads and am now fascinated with the vegan idea (because honestly I just thought it was stricter vegetarianism). So I am here everday and I do appreciate all the great ideas and info, I just don't have the energy to defend my every idea

But you guys keep going, because in all honesty, I LOVE reading it

ellie

I have learned a tremendous amount from many of the threads and am now fascinated with the vegan idea (because honestly I just thought it was stricter vegetarianism). So I am here everday and I do appreciate all the great ideas and info, I just don't have the energy to defend my every idea

ellie

I totally agree :)

I'm mainly a lurker, but have just recently gotten the guts to post occasionally. I love reading all your posts and have gotten lots of great info from you all. You all are so knowledgable and fun, but you seem to be a tight-knit group,(and that's a great thing!) and I've been "scared" to step up to the plate and voice an opinion as an "outsider". I also feel that maybe my posts are not as interesting or insightful as they could be...

I know that's just my insecurities, because when I've posted,(rarely, as you can see..!) I've never gotten any mean replies! A lot of you have been posting here for awhile and know each other so well, and maybe some of us lurkers feel like we don't want to intrude?? In my opinion, it's nothing that you're doing or saying, but it's just my shyness/insecurity popping up!! Kinda like a new nerdy kid in school trying to fit in with the cool kids!!!!!

I hope this doesn't sound disrespectful, because that's not how I want to come across. I look forward to reading all your posts and will continue to do so, and maybe one day I'll get the nerve to jump in with both feet, because sometimes I'm really chomping at the bit to get some stuff off my chest!!! :
I'd love to get to know you all and maybe next year I'll try to get in on the road trip festivities...

Keep on posting and keeping me informed and laughing....

I understand where you are coming from Casey. I go through the forums daily (sometimes I post, sometimes I don't) and I participate in The Lurkers' Check-in. I'd like to join another check-in to get to know more members but I'm just not sure how to go about that. I don't want to be a but-insky. Some members have been here for so long and posted so much and know each other so well that it can be a bit intimidating. By the same token, I know this is my problem and I just have to take the plunge and get over feeling like the new kid.
~michelle

I'll admit, I usually just "lurk" around these boards. I love to read the posts and have, on occasion, participated in a conversation or even started a thread if I have a question to ask. I appreciate the very sage advice on these boards. :cool:

I've been on the boards since 2006 but I still feel like a "new kid on the block" (not to be confused with the 80's boy band) most of the time. :eek:

I'm really hoping to meet and get to know some of you on this year's Road Trip (which is only 7 weeks away!). I'm sure I'll feel more confident to post after I meet some people. :D

Lurking (and working) in Minnesota.... Lisa :)

I sometimes like to call it self-control ;)

Bwahahaha!!! Perfectly put!

I used to post more, but I just stay out of it now if I can. There are few threads here anymore that I have anything to contribute to anyways.

Still laughing over the diarrhea of the fingers comment!

I am not a lurker, but have become less likely to post over the past few months. Unless the subject directly relates to something I am interested in or have substantial back up, proof, permission from my mother etc, I feel a little put off just offering an OPINION.

An example is the thread about the boy with cancer who's mother was refusing chemotherapy for. I myself, have been trying to keep my son alive for 5 years thru cardiac meds etc. So I found that upsetting, but the topic went from that to alternative treatment vs conventional treatment. Not my area of expertise.
And in order to find out that he had this type of cancer, she had to use conventional medicine. So I am confused as to what her true religious beliefs are.

ellie

Ellie, agree with you about defending your every word. These days I often decide not to respond or even start a topic because I just don't feel like getting into it with the holier-than-thou types. There's also an abundance of folks who seem more than convinced that they hold the last and true word on....everything. :)

I used to mainly lurk (not feeling that I had anything meaningful to contribute), but I've also found it so difficult to stay with a fitness program. So now I try to participate, everyone is so helpful. For me, if I try to be part of the group, it keeps me motivated.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.