Lurkers are very interesting people...

One of my co-workers NEVER goes online because she finds it intimidating. I told her she's REALLY missing out. I said I'm always over at T-Nation.com for the modern man's viewpoint. And I to to Cathe Nation for all manner of opinions on everything else. "Hell, I said. If it weren't for my Cathe Nation girls I would never have gotten so much great insight into the hazards of mixing cats and white leather furniture." And if I hadn't read that thread about carpet steamers I would never have learned that I should use just plain water, with no solution because it doesn't all come up, then it dries sticky and draws more dirt. She let her head bob back and bugged out her eyes. I said "Oh yea, you can learn A LOT on online forums." She really had no idea. The things you miss when you don't join in...

One of my co-workers NEVER goes online because she finds it intimidating. I told her she's REALLY missing out. I said I'm always over at T-Nation.com for the modern man's viewpoint. And I to to Cathe Nation for all manner of opinions on everything else. "Hell, I said. If it weren't for my Cathe Nation girls I would never have gotten so much great insight into the hazards of mixing cats and white leather furniture." And if I hadn't read that thread about carpet steamers I would never have learned that I should use just plain water, with no solution because it doesn't all come up, then it dries sticky and draws more dirt. She let her head bob back and bugged out her eyes. I said "Oh yea, you can learn A LOT on online forums." She really had no idea. The things you miss when you don't join in...

Hey Stacey,

I saw you over at FA-and I think it was you that told me about it to begin with. They are really mean over there- maybe those 'roids?

I love the forum. I am a lurker but don't have that much to say, I learn so much from you guys though. Here is what is going on with me. I just got Stephanie Huckabee's Powerfit Harmony set on clearance from QVC. Did the first 2 today and like them.
Bought a HUGE jug of Vanilla Ice Cream Optimum Nutrition Protein powder and some flax oil yesterday. Mixed the protein powder with water today and it is doable, just looking for results. Plan to get some fruit and start making smoothies.
Waiting for the 4 new discs from Cathe, my first preorder. Pretty sure I'm gonna get some Ryka shoes soon. Don't have a weight bar but plan on that in the next 6 months. Hopefully a road trip next year......

I love the forum. I am a lurker but don't have that much to say, I learn so much from you guys though. Here is what is going on with me. I just got Stephanie Huckabee's Powerfit Harmony set on clearance from QVC. Did the first 2 today and like them.
Bought a HUGE jug of Vanilla Ice Cream Optimum Nutrition Protein powder and some flax oil yesterday. Mixed the protein powder with water today and it is doable, just looking for results. Plan to get some fruit and start making smoothies.
Waiting for the 4 new discs from Cathe, my first preorder. Pretty sure I'm gonna get some Ryka shoes soon. Don't have a weight bar but plan on that in the next 6 months. Hopefully a road trip next year......

Welcome!!!! Well, welcome to posting :D. Hope to hear more soon!

We started an updated thread and inviting all to come join in. It's a great group with lots of humor, knowledge and support.

It's under "Lurkers Invitation For The Holidays". See ya there!

Janie

I've been here since 2001 and NEVER felt like I had anything important to say. I tend to stay out in "life" too.

My biggest problem lately is that I'm so unhappy/bitter/grouchy with life that I don't trust myself to not be a jerk over the dumbest things. I realized that my posts consisted of nothing but snarky comments or vents about how miserable I am. BIG clue that I need to keep my mouth shut and stop bringing everybody down. But I still read daily.

I wonder how many lurkers considered responding to this thread, and then didn't, for one reason or another... I also find it funny that people like me who post all the time also couldn't resist posting on this thread! :p

Now THAT post got me to respond! I was going to reply when I first started reading the thread that I'm mainly a lurker, I used to post more blah, blah, blah, but then decided not to post at all. Then I saw this and it made me laugh!!!

I too have been a lurker for years. For almost all of the reasons stated above. Not much to say, too much to say, intimidated, not enough time etc. I have learned so much coming to these boards. I have to say my biggest find has been Cardio Coach! I don't where I would be without Cathe and Sean.

Tracy

Nathalie,

You are cracking me up! Only you would retrieve this old thread from 2009!

I had to read every post too and this thread is 4 pages long..... a fun morning read!
Now off to catch the XTrain - Upper Body Burn sets is scheduled to arrive any minute.

I've been here since 2001 and NEVER felt like I had anything important to say. I tend to stay out in "life" too.

My biggest problem lately is that I'm so unhappy/bitter/grouchy with life that I don't trust myself to not be a jerk over the dumbest things. I realized that my posts consisted of nothing but snarky comments or vents about how miserable I am. BIG clue that I need to keep my mouth shut and stop bringing everybody down. But I still read daily.

fair enough!!:p

It's insightful Nathalie, as I was reading through each person's input this morning, I found a bit of inspiration & sadness here.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.