Lurkers are very interesting people...

i lurk more now then i did when i joined.some threads are just a hot topic and it seems if you don't agree or say something somebody just doesn't like then you are flamed and its not like its the majority here or anything but folks that do can cut you to the bone. quite frankly i have way to much going in my life for all that. i will post if i can offer advice or support to somebody feeling down or to something funny but i stay away from the hot topic flame wars. going to be 31 soon and its just to old to go through all that crap anymore. i like reading some of the fitness related threads although i am more of a sponge there too then a contributor b/c i find myself a student still learning all the info out there about fitness and health.

will i read some of those hot threads yeah b/c sometimes i need a chuckle but i keep those opinions to myself. i have plenty of other ppl in real life i can debate with without it getting into name calling and accusations.

kassia

Great thread Morningstar!

Lurkers unveiled,

Now that you kind of got your toes wet, I'm inviting all of you to our Lurkers Invitation Check-In. All of us have been lurkers at one time or another and so, feel what you are going through. If you like, take a moment and check us out. There use to be lots of preLurkers, some have graduated and now being very productive with their newly found talents/skills on other threads...

I suppose sometimes people around here must grow an extra layer of skin or so, to get their points across, (That's the time to grab out popcorn and a drink and just enjoy the wow:eek:, ooooos:D:eek::):(:confused::mad::p;):rolleyes::cool:...)but try. I urge you to continue on these forums because when you do connect with people, it's great and worth the benefits of learning and sharing your expertise...what else can I say? We're not all going to get along. It happens, but that can be intriguing too, don't you see? We learn from each other in all sorts of ways.

I hope to see all of you around, will be looking forward to getting to know you more.

Janie

Last edited:
Great thread Morningstar!

Lurkers unveiled,

Now that you kind of got your toes wet, I'm inviting all of you to our Lurkers Invitation Check-In. All of us have been lurkers at one time or another and so, feel what you are going through. If you like, take a moment and check us out. There use to be lots of preLurkers, some have graduated and now being very productive with their newly found talents/skills on other threads...

I suppose sometimes people around here must grow an extra layer of skin or so, to get their points across, (That's the time to grab out popcorn and a drink and just enjoy the wow:eek:, ooooos:D:eek::):(:confused::mad::p;):rolleyes::cool:...)but try. I urge you to continue on these forums because when you do connect with people, it's great and worth the benefits of learning and sharing your expertise...what else can I say? We're not all going to get along. It happens, but that can be intriguing too, don't you see? We learn from each other in all sorts of ways.

I hope to see all of you around, will be looking forward to getting to know you more.

Janie

Janie, you have almost 4000 posts since 2005! How can you define yourself as a lurker? :p

Mostly, I don't start threads because I'm not that clever or interesting and life is pretty same 'ol, same 'ol for me! Sometimes that's a good thing!
Tricia
Tricia I've enjoyed reading the threads you've posted. I find you very clever and interesting, . . and motivating. . . post on girl, .. . post on!

All lurkers are welcome in my threads. I know I don't start many, and most of the time they aren't that thrilling, but know that you're welcome just the same. :)

I wonder how many lurkers considered responding to this thread, and then didn't, for one reason or another... I also find it funny that people like me who post all the time also couldn't resist posting on this thread! :p

I considered responding, but didn't have anything to say. Not sure how "lurker" is defined? Am I a lurker? Not sure. I am definitely new to the neighborhood, and don't know everyone.

Sometimes I'll see a thread I am inclined to respond to, but don't have time at that moment to answer, but I will come back when I do have time and most likely another poster will have posted what I was thinking - and usually more intelligently, articulately, and more humorously than me, at that point, since it's been said, I usually don't feel the need to chime in.

So, I am curious - what is the definition of a lurker?

Last edited:
I considered responding, but didn't have anything to say. Not sure how "lurker" is defined? Am I a lurker? Not sure. I am definitely new to the neighborhood, and don't know everyone.

Sometimes I'll see a thread I am inclined to respond to, but don't have time at that moment to answer, but I will come back when I do have time and most likely another poster will have posted what I was thinking - and usually more intelligently, articulately, and more humorously than me, at that point, since it's been said, I usually don't feel the need to chime in.

So, I am curious - what is the definition of a lurker?

You're not a lurker, you're just new! And Janis, I love your blog posts; you are definitely selling yourself short.

I lurk because I don't have the time to read every day and there are some of you that are very dedicated and respond a lot - and that's great! And there are some mean things being said on occasion, and I don't want to be on the receiving end, so I am careful what I say and how I say it (please don't flame me for saying that :) ) .

For the past 10+ years, I've mostly lurked. Though I have periods where I surge and will post a fair amount. Most recently it was the change-over to Cathe Nation, when I wanted to graduate from Cathe-ite to Cathlete status!:eek:

Otherwise, I'm just too short on time, or I have to be really interested in the topic to weigh in.

I'm also wary abuot a variation of the "thread-killer" idea someone else talked about. For me, it's about being the last one to post in a long thread -- kind of like a tree falling in the forest: I sometimes wonder if anyone is out there by the time I chime in!:rolleyes:

For the past 10+ years, I've mostly lurked. Though I have periods where I surge and will post a fair amount. Most recently it was the change-over to Cathe Nation, when I wanted to graduate from Cathe-ite to Cathlete status!:eek:

Otherwise, I'm just too short on time, or I have to be really interested in the topic to weigh in.

I'm also wary abuot a variation of the "thread-killer" idea someone else talked about. For me, it's about being the last one to post in a long thread -- kind of like a tree falling in the forest: I sometimes wonder if anyone is out there by the time I chime in!:rolleyes:

I'm here!;)

I have to add that the person who started this thread did so brilliantly. What better way to lure lurkers out than by telling them (us) how interesting we are?

Aw shucks, guys. Thanks for noticing. :eek:

Shari

I tend to lurk more than post for many of the same reasons posted by others. Often, when I get the urge to post a reply, the thread has been quiet for awhile so I figure, "I'm late to the party, so why bother?" Kind of like now. :D

Hi guys!
I've posted a little bit, and started a few topics, but I mainly just read what you all have to say. I don't know a whole lot about most of the topics on here, but I do like asking questions, and I have learned a lot! Oh and Lori, I love your threads! haha :)

Soo uhh...call me a lurker if you want! I would prefer lurkette :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.