Low Impact Series: What were they thinking?

I also want to chime in here to agree with many of you! My abs have become increasingly strong in the past three weeks since I have started the LIS series and most of the functional abdominal work I find to be more challenging for the core than more traditional floor ab workouts. I am having fantastic results! Love it! Also, as far as music goes....Yes, I find music tracks extremely motivating at times when I need a little extra push....a long run is an example of a time when I depend on a good playlist to get me through the miles. However, I find Cathe and crew so very motivating on their own and Cathe's routines are so engaging that I lose myself in the workout and I don't even notice the music at times. In fact, several of you have mentioned the music in several of the LIS DVDs and I have been thinking, "What was that music playlist like again???" I was just telling my husband yesterday that I have always gotten a top notch workout in our basement from any one of my Cathe DVDs. She exceeds most of the fitness classes I attend here at the fitness centers on a regular basis! So, I often choose to workout at home to do my cross training when I am not doing TRI specific swims, rides and runs. Why not?? Cathe Rocks!! We all know that :) Thanks for all your hard work, Cathe! Please know how much it is appreciated. No, not everyone is going to like everything all of the time but your LIS workout series is a fabulous one and provides us all with the opportunity to diversify our workouts so that we can remain very active and injury free.

WHAT????
AfterBurn-Those spiderman moves with the disc????? That works your abs like crazyyyyy.
Or how about those dragging planks?? Are we talking about the same dvd here!!! LOL

I was laughing too hard to get any ab work out of them ;)

She wants me to do WHAT?????

Wow Sherry! I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it if I replied to you saying "HEY SHERRY, I'LL TELL YOU WHAT THE HELL I WAS THINKING!!!!!!!" There is just no reason to be so rude!

Catching up on the forums, so I just read this. I literally LOL, loudly. Good thing no one else is home. Now all I can think is OMG! Cathe said hell! :p

Catching up on the forums, so I just read this. I literally LOL, loudly. Good thing no one else is home. Now all I can think is OMG! Cathe said hell! :p

I loved it too! I thought it was a perfect and appropriate response. A little shock therapy goes a long way! :p

I agree with what everyone else has posted - if you can't feel your abs being worked in this series, you are either Superman or you are not using correct form.

One more thing...I've heard so many negative comments about the music, especially in TriSets. When it comes to music in workouts, I rarely notice it at all unless there's something unusual about it or the vocals/lyrics get on my nerves. My favorite workout music is instrumental rock, and I don't care about keeping movements in sync with any "beat," unless it's a step workout when that is necessary. My least favorite music is anything with poor singing or lame lyrics, I loved the music in STS, and my favorite music in LIS is (wait for it...) TriSets! But then again, I've only been a serious music lover and performer for over 25 years...so what do I know?? :D

Lindsay

OMG...thank you for writing this! STS' music is my favorite and for me I want that rock music when I'm lifting heavy. I can't even say that all of STS is rock, its a combo of several music genres, but you say it best!

My favorite workout so far in this series is Tri-Sets, the entire workout premix of upper/lower together, I think its like 85 minutes? That music is so fabulous! I also completely get it when someone doesn't care for it, but I commend Cathe for putting it on one of the workouts for us ladies who rock the weight lifting! Thank you SO much for this amazing set, they blend perfectly with STS and speaking of core, I haven't had the need to pull out seperate core work with this series.

I wonder if this person just posted their comments to get a rise out of people, because if you notice they haven't posted again since? :confused:

While I haven't done LIS yet I can tell just by watching the clips that the core is involved in almost every workout, so it seems odd that a post like this would come out. :confused:

The music I'll be honest when working out I like good music to keep me motivated and to push me a little further. I love the music Cathe was able to use since the intensity and body blast series but she has to do something different now.

So it is what it is, so I'm fine with it :D

WHAT????
AfterBurn-Those spiderman moves with the disc????? That works your abs like crazyyyyy.
Or how about those dragging planks?? Are we talking about the same dvd here!!! LOL

Yeah, agree. Those disc burpees work the lower abs even more than traditional burpees because you can't cheat by using momentum.

Ooooooohhhhh.... I just can't wait for my DVDs to arrive. I'm getting so pumped reading all the comments. This sounds like the best series ever! I see that they are starting to trickle into Canada so maybe today...

Stebby

So far I am seriously loving this series. I haven't done Afterburn yet, but even watching the clip you can see multiple exercises that work the core. As for music, as many have said, there's no way to please everyone, and even with one person, you may like a song for a while and then start to not care for it so much anymore. Personally, there are occasional bits of music that stand out to me and that I look forward to, but on the whole, I don't notice it too much. I guess I'd notice it if I thought it was truly horrible, but right now I can't think of a single example of that out of any dvd I own (not just Cathe).

OMG...thank you for writing this! STS' music is my favorite and for me I want that rock music when I'm lifting heavy. I can't even say that all of STS is rock, its a combo of several music genres, but you say it best!

My favorite workout so far in this series is Tri-Sets, the entire workout premix of upper/lower together, I think its like 85 minutes? That music is so fabulous! I also completely get it when someone doesn't care for it, but I commend Cathe for putting it on one of the workouts for us ladies who rock the weight lifting! Thank you SO much for this amazing set, they blend perfectly with STS and speaking of core, I haven't had the need to pull out seperate core work with this series.

DirtDiva: What is the deal with us? I love this premix too! We are just on the same wave length! I totally agree.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.