Lifting like girls

Back and bis, 3 sets of pull-ups ( overhand...never do these, just thought it might be easier on the elbows) pullovers and 1armed DB rows. Bis were a set of alt DB curls, simultaneous DB curls alt hammer curls and simultaneous hammer curls. Lisa, good on ya for getting the workout in!! Shoulders for me tomorrow... hopefully!! Goodnight friends!

Hey, Tom, you're getting it done. good for you! Any updates on your hip treatment?

Glute day for me. Feels like Friday but it's only Thursday. We can do this, we can do this, we can do this....

Today was shoulders, 20 sets, 3sets DB press, 3sets seated BB press,100x12 120 x5 100x10 then 4x12 side laterals, rear delt flys and declined DB front raise, finishing with 2x25 DB shrugs. As usual, tired when done!! Hope all is well friends!!

Lisa, going 10/14 for the work up and I was like you...I think I can, I think by I can was the slogan for today!!
We are the Little Engines that could, Tom. Glad the appt is coming up soon and I am hoping the best for you. Keep us updated if you feel comfortable doing so. Also, FYI I did send a Cathe Forum Private Message to Karen. I haven't heard back but will let you know. I'm worried!

We are the Little Engines that could, Tom. Glad the appt is coming up soon and I am hoping the best for you. Keep us updated if you feel comfortable doing so. Also, FYI I did send a Cathe Forum Private Message to Karen. I haven't heard back but will let you know. I'm worried!
Me too!! Hope she is on vacay someplace remote!!

Hit arms hard today, 22 sets and went heavy for me. 5sets skullcrushers, then 3x8 Oly bar curls and I used 100# for these, first time that heavy in a long time...by set 3 , it was like a boxing match, complete with some swinging!! Then 2 sets of DB curls. Next 3 sets pushdowns/ 3 sets hammer curls, finishing with 3sets tricep pushups/ 3 sets conc curls. Felt good to be able to "heavy up" a little and now.. FOOTBALL!! Have a great weekend Lisa and Karen, we miss ya!!

LMAO! Nice work today going heavy, guess your elbows cooperated with you! Hope your football leaves you in cheers, not tears
Big Red actually pulled one out Lisa to.. ugly but a wins a win!! Their first 2 kickers are injured and a walk on safety who kicked in highschool kicked a really ugly field goal to win it with 3 seconds left.
Elbows be were pretty good today, did skulls first and started really light then built up to heavy. Then I hoped elbows were warmed up and they were! I should probably go drink a beer lol!!

Today was just some abs and light legs, 3x20 Oly plate crunches, cable crunches, bwt squats, calf raises and finished with a 2 min plank and that was it!! Tomorrow will probably be chest and Tris, but who knows!! Old guy out!!

Hey Tom, I agree, an honest win is an honest win, even if it's dumb luck! Glad you had a victory to celebrate along with some workouts this weekend as well!

Today was a total body metabolic workout with weights. Have a great day!

Crap bench day and it seems to be the norm. I showed late, only after eating 2 mcribs and fries, I think I need meds, just struggling to get onto it I guess. Bench only and not much of that either. Sets at 100 120 150 170 180 190 then 150 and that was it! Treated it as a deload cause I needed an excuse! Maybe tomorrow will be better. Way to "getter done" Lisa!!

Tom, I didn't even know the McRib was available again. I've never tried one but I want to, even though it's not really my kind of food lol. My brother swears they are the greatest. I think it's totally understandable that you are feeling unmotivated. You've been in a lot of pain, that would be enough to discourage the best of us. You hang in there friend, and just do your best, whatever that looks like!

Did a glute and hamstring focused leg day. Will probably revisit legs later this week to hit quads a little more. Take care

Well yesterday was a sleep in and I just reset the alarm again!! Dunno, taking a day or two off by I guess, did do my "dirty dozen" pull-ups at work and don't work tomorrow so will do something then... sorry for the slackeritis!! The Mcribs only come periodically and I'm not sure if the same time everywhere. They were buy the combo and the second one for $1. Glad you are "representing" Lisa!!!

Tom, no McRibs in my neck of the woods. We're not cool enough here, apparently, so you'll have to enjoy another extra for me the next time you go. I'll send you $1 in the mail, lol. Extra rest sounds great, sometimes exactly what is needed!

Got in an upper body day. Nothing for the record books except I did push it in my biceps weight for 2 sets. Then dropped back down, but at least it "felt" like progress! Have a good day

Today was another tank but tomorrow is shoulders and maybe other stuff! Lisa, good work on upping the weights!! Gonna bypass my funk... TOMORROW...and that's a promise!!

Made it!! Shoulders today, 3sets of db shoulder press, 3sets of seated BB shoulder press up to 120x6 and 100x12 10. 4x12 side laterals 4x15 rear delt flys and 4x12 db decline front raises. Felt good to do something but texts and phone calls kept me from adding other stuff...arms tomorrow!! Rainy here, hope it's better there!!

Cardio day. Didn't wanna, but did it anyway. Glad you got in a workout Tom, hope it gives you a boost today despite the rain. It's sunny here but temps in the low 40s, so cold cold cold!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.