Lifting like girls

A quad and glute focused leg day. Going to dinner with my DH tonight so looking forward to escaping from the zoo for a couple hours tonight! Go Big Red (did I get that right?). Wishing you a terrific weekend!

Thanks Lisa.. fingers crossed!! Arms today, pretty much samo samo but still a workout!! Have fun tonight, we all need time away from the zoo!!! I just ordered a pork chop...fries etc etc....no guilt!!!

I did a little bwt lower body work just to get in a little work there so I'm not a cartoon character! Today was bwt squats and I had to warm up so sets were x10 15 20 25 30 and the same for calf raises, then 4x25 donkey kicks. I was going to loosen up my shoulders with light bench but 2x8 at 100 was all I wanted... unreal, I'm just so stiff I guess. Not a proud day but at least some minor lower body work was had! Now back to football.. GBR!! Have a great weekend Lisa!

Wow, it's a Monday, full of that blech feeling, but I mustered up what mojo I had for a metabolic workout. Now off to referee WWIII between my DD2 and DS. That is my life these days! Was your football weekend successful? I think your hip doctor appt is today??? Crossing my fingers you get some good info that will solve this for you!

Lisa, Big Red bit the big one...awful but Ortho appt went well, son 1s buddy and probably will do anterior approach. Less muscle cutting and a cleaner surgery. JuSt have to ask Mayo whether to discontinue immune suppressives.
Today was chest and Tris and I did work up to a double at 220 then 200 x6 then DB Inc 65sx8. Tris were skullcrushers and kickbacks. Lisa, for Christmas you need a black and white striped shirt!! Lol! Have a good rest of the day!!

Lisa, Big Red bit the big one...awful but Ortho appt went well, son 1s buddy and probably will do anterior approach. Less muscle cutting and a cleaner surgery. JuSt have to ask Mayo whether to discontinue immune suppressives.
Today was chest and Tris and I did work up to a double at 220 then 200 x6 then DB Inc 65sx8. Tris were skullcrushers and kickbacks. Lisa, for Christmas you need a black and white striped shirt!! Lol! Have a good rest of the day!!
Oh, and a whistle!!!

Good thinking, as long as we're both talking about a sports referee's black and white, and not the kind worn by patients at your place of employment, lol!!! Or at the crazy house!

Sounds like you are going to get some great care from your DS's doctor colleague. Get this sh$t taken out of your life!

Got home really late so tanked it!! Tomorrow will be back and bis....I hope! Way to hit legs Lisa, and yep, referee stripes, our inmates wear khake!! Your ref job may be dangerous lol!!!

Did Biceps and Triceps today, plus a short cardio add on. Tom, I'm gravitating to shorter workouts these days so I'll be thinking of you doing a long marathon lifting session tomorrow on your day off! Glad I can be unionized as a professional sports ref (better than being "prisonized") in my black and white stripes. Had no idea khaki was the color for inmates these days. You'd think a lawyer would know but I stay far far far away from criminal practice!

Shoulders and back supersets, seated BB press 100# 3x12/ chinups 3x8 side laterals 30s 3x12/ pullovers 40s 3x12 Oly plate front raises 45#3x12/ lat pulldown 3x12 and finished with 2x8 DB rows 90s and 1arm rear delt flys 45s 2x15 and I was done! Wanted to quit after the first set but stayed the course and glad I was able to do it!! Arms tomorrow I hope!! Hope your weather improves Lisa, sunny here and in the 69s...not bad!

Arm day and I showed! Bis and tris, 18 sets. I used dumbbells for all but pushdowns and did lighten up about 5# since I'm early into some minor tendonitis issues. Trying to be "proactive"! All supersets again 4sets skullcrushers/DB curls 3 sets pushdowns/hammer curls and 2 sets decline tri extensions/ decline curls. Big Red has a bye week but I think it was needed judging by the last outing!!! Have a great weekend Lisa!!

Legs today. Did better with it than I thought I would so I'll take it!

Well, Tom, I guess no game means nothing to stress over! Hope they used the week off to regroup and come back better. Meanwhile, BSU lost to gross, unranked BYU. Grrr! Gotta get over it but leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It's the only game I care about each year. Oh well. Have a great day!

Legs today. Did better with it than I thought I would so I'll take it!

Well, Tom, I guess no game means nothing to stress over! Hope they used the week off to regroup and come back better. Meanwhile, BSU lost to gross, unranked BYU. Grrr! Gotta get over it but leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It's the only game I care about each year. Oh well. Have a great day!
Lisa, I saw the Boise score and was shocked...there were some huge upsets last weekend.
I was sick last weekend and still running a fever this morning so I saved my energy for work. Tomorrow I'm off for a bank meeting so will try to do something light before. Glad ya "gotter done" today!! Maybe this football weekend will be better for both of us!!

Tom, hope you're feeling better. Rest is definitely a good thing when you've got a fever. I agree, last weekend was a football bust. Glad your guys avoided the plague of bad luck with their bye week!

Cardio today and more rain!!!!

Made it downstairs this morning at least, chest and tris. Nothing heavy but don't really think it was in the tank anyway. Up to 190x3 200x3 170x8 then some reps at 150 without the block but really could not get guite down to my chest so I dropped to 100 and got it all the way down so I did 25 short ROM reps to stretch the shoulders ....and wow, did it!! Hopefully your weather will improve Lisa... enjoy your day, if possible!!

Back and bis but only 1set of chinups, tendonitis won that one. So, with modifications in mind, 4 sets pullovers, pulldowns and a set of 1arm cable pulls. For bis I tried preacher curls but 1set and I was done with those! So 3sets of hammer curls and a set of 21s to finish. Got something done but by the "modification machine"! Hope your day is great Lisa, and the weather improves!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.