Lifting like girls

Hey guys! My most sincere and deep apologies. It has been a crazy Fall around here. Decided to sell our house in Connecticut, so I have been back and forth cleaning it out, and getting it ready to show. Yea, I know, how stupid are we? Nobody wants to walk through three feet of snow to look at a house! I wanted to get in the market last Spring, but, sometimes lighting a fire under DH is a monumental task, unless it has something to do with electrical engineering. Yea, he's a geek! So, between that, and canning salsa, (yea, I did a garden too) it's been crazy. To be honest, I don't know why anyone lives in CT, or for that matter the east coast! (I know, I'm stepping on big time toes here) It's humid as hell, and humidity just sucks the life out of me. I would rather live where everyday in the summer is like sticking your head in the oven! Hot, but dry! I am well, and can't wait to get back to my life again. Hope you are both well! Miss you guys, and love you bunches!

Karen!!!! (((Hugs)))) So relieved to hear that you are doing well, just crazy busy. We've missed you big time but totally understand that you've been going like the Energizer Bunny. I hope your CT home sells quickly! I hear ya on East Coast, especially New England area, weather! But I guess if that's where your career takes you, I get it. Also there are some cool cities to explore which let me tell you sounds appealing to me when the coolest thing to "explore" here---when you don't hunt, camp, or ski---is the latest Maverick gas station grand opening. Lol! Either way I'm glad you're staying close in UT. I almost drove down there on a missing persons search. Tom and I were making plans to hunt for Karen, lol!

Back to our regularly scheduled programming, today was Upper body. Followed a Sydney Cummings YouTube workout. Tom, smart exercisers use their brains to modify when it's needed! Gets the job done.

Nice and sunny today, a bit chilly but better than wetness. Good thing because DD1's school has its Halloween party tonight. Be well friends

K A R E N!!! So great to know you are ok!!; Poor Lisa has been stuck one on one with me....you have saved her! Great to have you back friend!! By the way, with you on the East coast "thang"!
Shoulders today for me today, 20 sets and I was tired when done so "mission accomplished"!
Good to have the crew back, all is well in Cathe land!!

Leg day #2. I'm not sure why I'm doing this to myself? Lol.

Lol on being stuck with Tom. It was tough but I survived!!! Great workout Tom

Karen, we're just going to assume your WOD is Moving Box Max until you say otherwise!

Arm day and got 20 sets in, a little lighter but did get work done. 5 sets of DB curls/skullcrushers 3sets 21s/ kickbacks and 2sets decline curls/ Inc tri extensions. Tomorrow gonna TRY something "leg" and maybe some abs be or abs Sunday....dunno!! Have a great weekend all!!

Legs, sort of. 4sets of light bench squats but I did use a barbell! 100#, but a barbell!! Then 4sets of calf raises and 4 sets of donkey kicks and finished with 100 crunches ( 4 sets to do it). Still trying to decide when to do the surgery, maybe Jan? Have a great weekend friends!

Bench day, 14 sets From 100#-230# and back to 100. Up to 200x3, singles at 210 220 and 230( I did short arm this for no freakin reason) then some lighter sets. This week will be strange, short work day tomorrow then off to KC for Bank stuff then Nebraska to DW's home town and birth place of Joyce Hall, founder of Hallmark. Hallmark is donating all new Christmas decorations to the town and I guess making a big deal of it! Afterwards we will catch up with friends then maybe my brother and his wife. Will lift tomorrow at home then the hotel Tues. Hope the weekend was great for you both!!

Tom, your trip sounds fun! Interesting connection between your DW and Hallmark! Now it makes even more sense why she's been such a Hallmark store fan. Hope you travel safe, get in a lifting session, walk away from the bank with extra green in your pockets, and catch up with friends.

Leg day today. Nothing but boring, usual stuff here. Be well everyone!

Made a little workout before we left, mostly shoulders and arms. 5 sets seated DB press, 1set BB press and 3sets of DB curls/ tri overhead extensions and that was it! The David City Hallmark thing was really neat, great turnout and our mini golden doodle was quite the star! She got pictures with Hallmark Santa by request of their film crew and 2 of the area papers stopped and took her picture as well as about every passing person wanting to pet her....who knew the dog would be the family Superstar!! Crazy! I'm waiting for my feet to thaw now, it was cold!
Will try to do something if not tomorrow then Friday....or both if tonight's motel has facilities...we will see.

Time to get that doggy a publicist and talent agent, Tom! What a fun story, so glad to know you're enjoying the adventure. Thank you for sharing!

Today was legs. I was definitely NOT photo worthy like a cute mini golden doodle during this workout, lol! Gearing up for Trick or Treating tonight. Also gonna need to bundle up because it's cold out there!!!

Nothing here, decided to take the week off, motel facilities were crap and that seemed to be all the excuse I needed! I'll be ready when I get home, still in Nebraska and feeling like I need to lift!!! Monday for sure and maybe Sunday if I get home early! Enjoy your weekends!!

Back at it after 8days, chest and tris. 13 sets of bench, using the small block under my shirt sets up to 210x2 220x1 200 x4 190x5 then lighter sets 170x8 with the small block on the bar then 150x8, no block and to chest...and after 12 previous sets that was tough!! I did DB inclines,55sx16 then 4 sets of pushdowns, finishing with a set of pushups. Feels good to do something again, tomorrow will be back and bis. Have a great Monday friends!!

Welcome back to the iron, Tom! Geez, how'd you manage those finisher pushups at the end of your workout? I'm impressed you had anything left in the tank.

I started the week today with cardio. I'm thinking I want to do total body weights this week instead of an upper and lower split. I guess we will see what I feel like doing tomorrow when I wake up. I like that the sun is out "earlier" but I really dislike the daylight savings 4:45pm sundowns!!!

This morning I just said oh whatever! And did a leg workout from Sydney Cummings on YouTube. It was in my YouTube feed and required me to just press play, so I did!

Have a good Tuesday!

Lisa, whatever works!! Today for me was back and bis but pretty pathetic. Chins were just 3 sets of 4, tendonitis wins! Then 3sets of pullovers and DB rows. Bis were 3x10 DB curls simultaneous and alternating conv with hammer then 2 sets alternating regular DB curls....9 sets back and 5 sets bis. I'm really sore from Monday chest day, I guess taking 8 days off is not good!! Tomorrow legs and abs or sleep...only time will tell!!

Tom, you're very creative with the way you put your workouts together and the way you smartly work around your injuries! Have you decided on your hip surgery date yet?

Today was metabolic cardio. It had more leg work in it than I wanted because I am sore from yesterday but I made it work. I've been following Sydney Cummings on YouTube. I haven't done a Cathe workout in ages, it seems. Gotta get on that!

Karen, hey! Have you sold the Connecticut house?

Happy Wednesday, be well

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.