Lifting like girls

Half a$$ back and bis, 3sets of chins and pullovers and 3 sets of DB curls and 3 sets conc curls and that was it! Not much but beat nothing I guess! Gonna try to do something lower body tomorrow, if not may try to hit abs. Hope all are well!!

Nuttin today, parked my "happy hiney" under the covers for another hour and I'm good with it!! I did do a "dirty dozen" chinups at work just to ease my conscience! Shoulders tomorrow.. hopefully, if I can find the motivation but no work so I have all day. All fer me friends, do life right!!

Shoulders today, 6 sets of seated military press and 3sets of side laterals, DB decline front raises and rear delt flys, then a set of DB shrugs and 3 sets of Oly plate crunches. Accessories weren't heavy, used 25s for the side laterals and front raises, 35s for the rear delt flys, a 25 plate for the crunches and presses were 95x8 115x6 125x2 and 95x12 10 8. Doesn't take much for me to feel worked! Arms tomorrow, surely will show up for that...have gooduns friends!

Wednesday was a Cathe Live upper body. Thursday I spent all day in bed. Last week my 2nd grader brought home a bug and it had finally mutated into a Mother annihilating super bug that destroyed me. I literally spent 36 hours straight in bed. I never do that. I made my DH stay home to watch the kids. I never do that. Today I'm still sick but it's now at the level of a typical, manageable cold. Phew.

Tom, you keep it up you're doing great. Plus I know this is your happy time of year...FOOTBALL!!!

Karen, you ok? Know you're busy but we miss you!!

Lisa, geeze, take care of yourself, hope ya get this thing whipped quick cause it sounds like a potent one!! Sometimes our little ones just brew up "monster bugs" then test us with them.... hope you feel better soon!!
Karen, you ok??? Starting to worry bout our iron warrior!!

Tom, thanks! Yesterday I lost my voice because of my sore throat, which I'm sure made my kids happy, lol. But I had to do something workout wise for my mental health so I did an upper body weight workout from YouTube. It didn't heal my voice but it definitely boosted my mood to get some activity in. Today it's dreary and rainy, so I've got pork roast going in the crockpot and went for a walk on my treadmill.

Hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday!

Yesterday I did a short bwt circuit, chinups 3x8/ bwt squats ( I can do these with a bench stop) 3x25/ pushups x30 25 20/ 3sets of calf raises. Wasn't much but got me off my keester at least. Took today off, was going to do abs but chose twizzlers instead.... Geeze I gotta quit that!!
Lisa, glad you got some "sanity iron" in, Karen, hope all is well!! All for me kiddies, enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Chest and Tris today, nothing heavy happened but subbed in some volume. 14 sets of bench, 2 sets Inc flys, and 2sets of skullcrushers and 2sets of pushdowns. I finished with 3sets of crunches with a 25# plate.
Top bench today was 200 x3 3 3 2, 185 x6 165x8 and finished bench with 145 3x8, and 45s for the inclined flys. I'm too old for this!!! Have a great Monday friends!

Tom, that looks like a good chest and tris burner! 200lbs is heavy IMO, don't care if you disagree!!! Lol

Still somewhat in the land of sick and dead so just eased into Monday with a few compound movements: snatches, cleans, squat presses, etc. Definitely nothing heavy but worked up a good sweat. Have a great day.

Ps Karen, got our Black Rifle AK47 medium roast coffee order. Sooooo good!!!! Thx for the recommendation

Short back and bis, 3x8 chins 3x10 pullovers, 1x10 DB rows, then 2 sets of Alt DB curls, hammer curls and conc curls. Not much but "advancing the cause"!! Hope all are well and you Lisa are be on the mend! Karen, we are forming a search by party fer ya!!! Old guy out!

Not a good shoulder day, hope it's mental. I started with what I thought would be a warm up set of seated BB press at 95 and frankly it just felt too heavy.. WTH! I just dropped to dumbbells and did 25s x10 35s x10 to loosen up then 45s x20 15 12 10 then 3 sets of decline front raises and 3 sets of light side laterals and gave up by the ghost!! I think this being a cripple us starting to effect my attitude and even my upper body stuff. ..nuff of date!!! Have a great day friends!!

Tom, sorry you're hurting so badly. That would definitely get discouraging, totally understandable. Do you have any updates on when you can get the hip replacement? I know you usually weirdly love Shoulders torture sessions, sounds like today you hated it like the rest of us do!!!!

Still coughing like a smoker (never smoked but you know what I mean) and congested but am feeling small improvement with each passing day. Yesterday did Biceps and Triceps, today did glute work. Nothing amazing but something. Have a happy Thursday, make it as great as it can be!

24 set arm day cause I reset the alarm yesterday...no excuses just trying to "right the ship". Did Tris first, 4 sets of skullcrushers and pushdowns, 2 set of Inc skullcrushers and 1 set kickbacks and 25 tri pushups. Bis were 4 sets of Alt DB curls and hammer curls, 2 sets of decline curls and a set of conc curls and DB 21s. Tried to push it and felt like I did!! Hope you are on the mend Lisa and Karen...we miss you!!!

Nice work, Tom. 24 is a good number. Happy football watching this weekend!

Finally felt crappy enough for so long...almost 2 weeks...that I went to the doc yesterday. Sinus infection. Taking some meds and hoping to be feeling back to normal soon! I try to avoid the meds for a variety of reasons, but 2 weeks is long enough to be sick!!! I'll be back at it on Monday, most likely

Karen, missing you lots! Hoping you're ok!!!

This morning was a 100 reps of crunches +#25 plate, cable crunches, Bwt bench squats and single leg calf raises. Just some abs and SOMETHING lower body. Not fancy but at least some calories burned and conscious eased!! Thinking about doing the bench program again since lower body work is limited....will be a game time decision!! All for me friends, tomorrow is another day!!

On today's chest and tris I could sure feel the 24 set arm day Saturday, wow! 145 felt heavy on bench but I stayed with it and did triples at 195 205 a single at 215 then another triple at 200, 185x6 165 x10 and 145 x8 8. I finished chest with DB inclines, 60sx12 and 50s x15. Tris were 3x10 skullcrushers and 3x10 pushdowns ( dropped weight on these cause I was shot)!
I have had debated the bench program I did previously but it called for a rest day Thursday and since I almost never work that day I hated to waste it.
All for me, shake time and rest!! Have a great Monday friends!!

Today was back and bis and did it a little different. I started with chinups, adding a 50# kettlebell and did x 3 x2 then unweighted x10 and was going to finish with a set of 8 but some pull in the right bi made me stop at 5...getting smarter!! Bis were 3x10 alt DB curls and 3x8 hammer curls and that was it!! And Lisa, absolutely, all you have to do is "want to"!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.