Just for fun--what was your first concert?

Ok, I'm a bit embarassed to say that the first concert I saw without my parents wasn't until college :eek:. It was Prince....Purple Rain concert

My first was The Monkees!

My second (and many more after) was The Osmond Brothers!

Love the Monkees. I did see Davey and Mickey at a small local venue in the late 90's along with Greg Brady!! I actually got my picture taken with him.(greg) He wouldnt sign autographs though unless you bought his album (please!!) or a picture. The nerve!!

Chrissy

The Police. The Synchronicity Tour. Summer of 1983...I was a rising Freshman in high school. I still listen to that album all the time and still love it.

Cliff Richard around 1978-79. Don't remember much about it except his tight leather pants....:)

This is a great thread and all of you have been to some awesome concerts!!!

Awesome thread. It brings back lots of memories. My first concert without my parents was Cheap Trick with my best friend Kate. It was 1987 and we were 13.

My first concert ever was the Beach Boys in 1982 at the state fair.

I did win tickets to see Cinderella, David Lee Roth and Extreme and got to meet Cinderella and hang out with them for a while. That was kind of cool.

I have seen lots of bands lots of times and the best concert ever was Kiss in full makeup late 90s.

OK, get ready to laugh:

Milli Vanilli and Young MC. Yes, I admit it. :eek: (The tickets were free, so I shouldn't be laughed at too hard.) The list of concerts I've seen since then make up for it though. :cool:

Ok, I never went to a concert before until after married, and my very first concert was Aerosmith and Kiss... I know maybe it does not count but hey that was my very first one ever, and I'm a big fun and I have see them 2 more times.....

Eunice

I saw Peter Frampton in the late 70's. Ugh . . . I feel old:)

We actually 1st saw "Beetlemania" but that was a play and not a real group:p

Cheap Trick - 1980.

Ran out of gas on the way home from the concert - midnight in a small town. No all night gas stations then. No cell phones. Someone helped us by siphoning a couple of gallons of gas from his car to mine so we could make it home.

I am so jealous! the best band ever (IMO)Mine was Fleetwood Mac in Phila.

One of the best concerts I've seen was Fleetwood Mac in the University of Arizona football stadium in 1979. I could even see myself and friends in the aerial photo of the crowd in the newspaper the next day since we were sitting in a distinctive place on the field. It took 30 years for them to hold another concert there just this past month -- JayZ and Kelly Clarkson of all pairings!! It was a financial failure.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.