Just for fun--what was your first concert?

Here's a lesson in being open to new things: My brother and I asked my Dad to get us tickets to see the Rolling Stones at Madison Square Garden. He came home apologetic because the Rolling Stones were sold out, but he was able to get tickets for some band called The Doors. We hadn't heard of The Doors and were a bit sceptical (what an unimaginative name for a band), but went anyway. Needless to say, we were completely blown away.

That had to be 69. Our parents dropped us off and picked us up, but they weren't with us at the concert. I guess I was 13 and my brother was 12. You could never let kids that age do that today.

Last edited:
Emerson, Lake and Palmer at Solder Field in Chicago. It was a loooooong time ago. I remember it being a very long day and sooooo many people. I was about 18.

Joanne

Hmmm. It was either Billy Idol or the Eurythmics. I still go see Annie Lennox live when she's on tour! Great voice!

I think my first concert was The Supremes when I lived in Washington, DC at the ampitheater, somewhere. My other concert was in Columbia (SC), my uncle took me to see The Jackson Five, that is when Michael was good lookin'!

My first concert my mom and dad let me go to was when I was 17 and it was AC/DC -- the only reason I could go was because two of my best friends going were guys! Another girl friend of mine went as well. I don't know if this counts, but when I was a freshman in high school, my best friend's dad was able to get us tickets to ZZ Top (along with backstage passes) because he personally knew Dusty Hill. My parents didn't go, but my best friend's parents were there! That was one of the best concerts I ever went to! We were also able to go to a press party afterwards.

my first concert

I was 9 years old and it was Shaun Cassidy. I was sick with 105 degree fever but I insisted that I go anyway. I went with my sister who was 17 at the time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.