It is getting towards my next CT Scan

Amy Steppe

Cathlete
I am having my next CT scan next month to see if this lung nodule has grown any more.

For the most part I am optimistic, but I am still scared. I can't accept I have pulmonary disease. I feel like my body has let me down. I've never smoked in my life, so I am having a pity party of "Why Me".

On the positive side, my asthma is completely under control. The Symbicort 160/4.5 changed my life. Now I can do cardio like I always could and feel much stronger. It is a good thing since STS Cardio is so intense. If I had not had this medication I would be so angry with myself because I know that I could not have done these workouts.

But this pulmonary nodule thing has me just a bit freaked out......I just wanted to talk about it and this forum seems like a good place to get moral support.

Amy,

I think you're handling it the best way one can: talk about your worries some, and as much as possible, stay busy with life. I also think it's great that, as scary a time as this is, you found something positive in it.

It could be something benign. A friend of mine (also a non-smoker her whole life) had a nodule found in her lung a few years back. She had to keep getting scans every few months for awhile to monitor changes, but since it didn't grow, it was considered benign and didn't require further treatment. Here's hoping for a similar outcome in your case.

Sending positive, healthy vibes your way. Hang in there!

It's good to know you're back to working out at your usual intensity. Hang in there and don't let your worries get the best of you. Easier said than done of course but know we're all thinking of you.

Amy - try and stay positive. I know it's hard but do the best you can.

Like RunninTeach's friend, my sister has had a nodule on her lungs for quite a few years now and has to get continual scans but it has not grown at all.

Positive vibes coming your way! Let us know!

Thank You!

Not that I want to hear about anybody having a solitary pulmonary lung nodule, but it sounds like those of you who have or know about someone who has a nodule had benign ones. That gives me a lot of hope. Thank you for your support!

I am just so happy to have the quality of my life increase!

Last edited:
I so understand what you mean about feeling your body is letting you down. I had some issues to deal with last year and that is the same way I felt.

Hang in there.

Annie

GREAT NEWS

Great News!

My CT scan shows the nodule on my lung is disappearing and getting smaller! It is probably from some aspiration or infection I had some time last year.

I am pissed off at my doctor for not telling me the nodule was fading. All he told me is the nodule was "stable"

I had to ask for a copy of my CT scan to read this great news!

I am now on another inhaler since Pro Air did nothing for me. I changed to Maxair and boy what a difference. By using Symbicort, Maxair and Singular I can workout like I used to!

Thank all of you for you support and kindness.

When some of you mentioned you knew other people with lung nodules, it made me feel so much better!

You girls are GREAT!

Amy, that is great news!! Very happy for you! I'm also glad you can workout the way you want! This very important for mental health :D I hope your lung continues to improve and that the nodule disappear completely!

Oh yay! I saw this just now and see you have already received your results! I am very happy for you. And glad to hear you have asthma under control too :) Now, maybe switch doctors! They don't understand the worry they put us through when they keep info, or tell us too much and scare us when it isn't necessary.

Again, I really appreciate your support and empathy.

The only thing that annoys me is that I had to ask for my scan report to read the radiologist's report.

All my doctor's nurse told me is that the nodule was stable.

Why I was not told the nodule was getting smaller and more vague I do not know.

Doctors just do not seem to care any more. :(

The only doctor who really communicates with me is my GYN. She is awesome.

But she is the exception to the rule.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.