I am soooo mad this morning

Please Please Please, get out of this relationship....he doesn't have a problem with your weight loss...he has a problem with himself...his self esteem, and that's not your problem!
Take care of yourself,
Linda

Carrie

I for one am very proud of how Diane Sue looks. I have no problem with guys admiring the hard work she put into keeping in great shape. She's HOT, and I know that she's all mine!!!;)

It sounds like your DH has a inferiority complex. He should be happy you are taking care of yourself.

I don't mean to be a whistle blower or anything but some other people have noticed some inconsistancies and I just found a big one. She stated that she had the whole series but then I found this in another post that she had replied to. She only had like 4 DVD's according to what she said before not the whole almost 60 or however many there are. Her response is the third one down posted on Nov a few days ago. If I am out of line I am sorry. It just seemed a little odd to me. I sincerely apologize if I am wrong about this because I really don't want anyone to be treated that way if what you are saying is true.

Here is the link to the post.

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?..._id=352565&mesg_id=352565&listing_type=search

>My husband has a problem with my weight loss and new found
>attention. He got very upset because guys were looking at me
>when we went to the mall. I explained to him that it's not my
>fault but he wouldn't hear it. I talked to him more about this
>once we got home and he said he doesn't understand why i
>exercise. I got so upset and in return he got upset and took
>all my Cathe workout dvd's and crushed them . I am so crushed
>right now because I had her whole collection. :-(

Carrie I am really saddened to read your post. It sounds as through your husband has issues around controlling his anger. I can really empathise with you as have just broken off my engagement that was characterised by my partners violent outbursts towards me which also included destroying my propety. Please please please, seek some assistance from a close friend or family member as your safety is a priority. Best wishes, Kirsty.

Carrie -

On top of all the advice you've gotten - I'm smiling to realize your SNM replacements for your new workouts weren't there, so those, at least, will be safe. A small but nice thought. You will have those new workouts to encourage you while you go through marriage counseling or just leave the guy!!!!

Cheryl

>This all seems a bit suspect to me as well. Hmmmm.

Oh I sure hope not (especially after I go baring my soul in the name of trying to help) :(

Wow. This morning I read your post and I felt so bad all day. I talked to my husband about it because I too have been heavy after children and lost weight and received attention from others. Then I read the link that someone else posted saying that you only had a few dvds. I don't get it???? Either you want sympathy for something that didn't happen or what??? Very strange to me...Very contradicting to me...Why??? Please explain to us all because I'm sure, like me, people have been thinking and praying for you all day long.
Laura;(

I don't buy one thing she's saying. The more she posts, the more suspicious she is to me. I wouldn't be surprised if she sort of started the whole argument if there actually was one. Not to be a bitch or anything here....I just don't believe a word out of her.

Lisa

I didnt reply before now because her other posts that started appearing in past week or two had some very nasty and hateful "vibes". I pray all is well on home front for all of us... Any person that chooses to come across as ugly to me or others on the boards does not get my time/advise.
I am ALWAYS leery of a "new poster" that comes on with a lot of negatives... just seems like a person who likes to stir things up... not my cup of tea

Carrie,

Thought you didn't have the entire new series but only had LIC? This is dated November 6, the same day your husband allegedly destroyed the ENTIRE Cathe collection including the new series?????

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=352315&mesg_id=352315&page=3

Yet here you said you just purchased KP&C and it's also dated Nov. 6:

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?..._id=352830&mesg_id=352830&listing_type=search

And here you say you've mastered Basic Step, Low Impact Step, Lo Max, and the new LIC, and want to know about SJ&P???? ALSO dated Nov. 6:

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?..._id=352565&mesg_id=352565&listing_type=search

Will the REAL story please stand up.

Some of us are just a bit confused by the inconsistencies. I'm don't normally call people out like this but I've seen things like this happen in other places. People come on and post emotional stories to whip up sympathy, and kind-hearted people on the forum send them things. If your story IS true, my heart goes out to you and you need to leave before your husband hurts you or your child. If it's NOT true, stop playing head games and don't hurt the good people of this forum again. I've seen it happen far too often and it's rude and immature. Explain the obvious inconsistencies in your posts please.

And here's a clue for the future. If you're going to lie on a message board, keep track of what you say in ALL your posts.

Carol

Discernment

Another reminder that things on the internet are not always what they appear. I wrote to Shelley during my lunch hour yesterday because my discernment was kicking in, and I wanted to know if I was the only one who was concerned about the truth of this story. As a result of my legal background, I instinctively pick up on inconsistencies. I immediately wondered how she acquired the whole collection overnight. She was asking which DVDs to buy just a few days ago. The language and attitude displayed in some of her other posts is very telling too. I do not generally respond to threads like this, but I would hate to see someone here be “had” and send her DVDs or offer other assistance if this story is not true.

Carrie, did you really have Cathe’s whole collection? I am hoping that you can explain the inconsistencies in your posts. If you are living in an abusive situation, you need help. If not, you really need help. Either way, I am keeping you in my prayers. I hope you are not offended by sincere questions. My discernment is almost always right on target, but I will be the first to apologize if I am wrong. I sense a lot of anger and hurt in your posts, and I sincerely hope and pray that you will seek counseling. It is possible that you have been wounded by abuse, but this is not the way to respond. I write this in love because you need help. You do not have to endure the rest of your life bound in chains of anger, bitterness, unforgiveness, or whatever else is tormenting you. Freedom is possible. The first step to freedom is living in the light and speaking the truth. The choice is yours. I hope you make the right one. I will keep you in my prayers.

For everyone who responded with words of encouragement, please do not feel bad. Your heart was in the right place. It blesses me to see how many members of this forum are trusting, loving, and kind. It makes me sad to realize that incidents like this can cause all of us to be more hesitant to reach out to people who have genuine needs. I would never encourage anyone to be distrustful of all new posters, but it is wise to be discerning when stories like this are posted by members who only have a few posts. I wear my heart on my sleeve, but I would not likely share personal details about relationships with an online community until I bonded with the members.

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Thank you Carol for the enlightment on this thread. I have read all the links and now am suspect as well.

Something isn't right . . .

Dawn

I've seen posts like this before. They get everyone to feel sorry for them and then in return get a bunch of new workoutssent to them. It's a classic. Her posts are way to suspect for me to believe a word.

As Heather was saying....
For those who feel slighted in some way when you extend your hearts to people who may be just using you... I say no worry. Remember that blessings are going both to the giver & receiver at all times. What one does with your gift of support, love, encouragement is really not the issue.... As Mother Theresa said: "In the final analysis its all between you and God anyway." Whatever your higher power beliefs I think thats a pretty great thing to remember.

RE: Discernment

Heather, you absolutely blow me away! I really hope and pray to have the heart that you have; it is the heart that we all should have. I am completely humbled by your sincerity, diplomacy and concern, especially when I know what my first reaction to all this is. You amaze me...

Missy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.