I am soooo mad this morning

~

HAH! Well, I was totally sucked in. I didn't realize she was the person who started that "Unpopular Opinions" thread, since the first couple of pages really ticked me off and I haven't been back to it. (Really, I think if you don't actually like Cathe workouts you shouldn't hang out here.)

If this is real, it's very sad.

If it's not real, it's even sadder.

Missy, hope you don't think I was trying to be argumentative in my earlier response to you... I just don't think any act of violence can be justified. I have friends who have stayed in abusive relationships and it's really crushing to those who love them.

Marie

At first I took it as sincere, but now I'm suspicious as well.

It doesn't make any sense. Her story has more holes in it than swiss cheese.

swiss cheese, mmmmmmmmm:)

Carrie

Actually, I'm rather relieved. The first thing I thought when I read the post was "is this April Fool's"? Then I realized it was November (it takes me awhile :p :+ ). If it's not real, thank goodness!! :7 I would MUCH rather answer posts like "how can I lose that last 5 lbs.?" or "which Cathe DVD should I buy next?" or "which moisturizer do you like best?" all day long than answer one post like this. :7 :7 :7 :7

Nancy

>I've seen posts like this before. They get everyone to feel
>sorry for them and then in return get a bunch of new
>workoutssent to them. It's a classic. Her posts are way to
>suspect for me to believe a word.

I agree. When I first read this I was a little suspicious and thought that she'd be getting the whole Cathe collection donated to her by everyone's generosity. http://www.chittielounge.com/forum/images/smilies/009.gif But, then had to post my feelings just in case it was true. http://www.chittielounge.com/forum/images/smilies/102.gif

What DRAMA.......and to think I should be cleaning my office, but NO....I had to look up new posts.......I've learned:

1. Don't stay in a relationship with someone who will tear up your stuff........especially if that stuff has Cathe's face on it.

2. Don't air your laundry out in public......it is not smart!

3. Don't ever expect sympathy from strangers.....it ain't a-commin'

4. Don't let other people waste your limited time

I didn't do very well on #4, but I did laugh a lot at this thread. Thanks for the 'cleaning diversion' although the mood I'm in I really didn't need an excuse.

PS......if this is a true story.....CarrieWills you need help either way...True or Untrue

If TRUE.....protect yourself before you get hurt
IF UNTRUE...learn to tell the truth before you get hurt

Well, we know who WON'T be visiting this forum anymore!;)

Sunnyside says she has seen posts like this before where everyone feels sorry and sends replacement videos. Well, it wouldn't be me!! Before I would replace videos, you would bet damn sure she would divorce that creep.... And even then, since you never know what is true (especially with newbies), I wouldn't send her videos anyway.

I did buy into it hook line and sinker though...:D

<<<<<I did buy into it hook line and sinker though...:D>>>>

Nothing wrong with being trusting... its a valuable characteristic! ;-)

And even then,
>since you never know what is true (especially with newbies), I
>wouldn't send her videos anyway.
>
>I did buy into it hook line and sinker though...:D

I have to disagree with you on this. I am a newbie, I have been posting for a few weeks, just because some people , newbies or not, have "issues" that seem weird, not all of us are crazy. We are defintely are not all from the same bag of apples. I happen to love the info and the people here on the forums. I even posted to this thread somewhere above, so I fell for it too. So, please dont say you can't trust any newbies, it's just not fair.
;-)

Wow, this one really took a turn. And, I admit, when I first read the post, I was thinking I'd like to see how we could get together to get her some new Cathe dvds.

I'm relatively new to this forum-been reading for a while, but just recently starting "joining in." For the most part, this is a very supportive, fun, and interesting board, and you guys are great. I've seen some of the posts you've done for others when they tell us about problems with their families, illnesses, misunderstandings, and I hope that doesn't change because of this.

Carrie, there is still a part of me that feels, maybe even more, that you need help. If friendship was what you were looking for, it's a real shame that you've betrayed the trust of so many people who opened up to you, and were truly concerned. My thoughts turned to you often the first day you posted this. I don't feel stupid or bad for feeling compassion for someone whom I thought was in a situation that I couldn't even fathom. I saw the responses from women who really had been through some horrible times in their lives; similar, they thought, to yours- they related times and events that I am sure are hard for them to revisit...but they went there, for you. I hope that you are capable of learning some kind of lesson from all this. I'm not even sure what it is. Maybe it's just that people, even strangers, are willing to help you, but they can't do that until you figure out what the problem really is.

> And even then,
>>since you never know what is true (especially with newbies),
>I
>>wouldn't send her videos anyway.
>>
>>I did buy into it hook line and sinker though...:D
>
>
>
>I have to disagree with you on this. I am a newbie, I have
>been posting for a few weeks, just because some people ,
>newbies or not, have "issues" that seem weird, not all of us
>are crazy. We are defintely are not all from the same bag of
>apples. I happen to love the info and the people here on the
>forums. I even posted to this thread somewhere above, so I
>fell for it too. So, please dont say you can't trust any
>newbies, it's just not fair.
>;-)

luvmylabs...I think Janice was just making a generalization as there has been some weird stuff with newbies before you came here...Besides we all have our weirdness....:)...I have read and enjoyed your posts....:)

Carole,

Thank you for taking the time to post this. I just don't want to feel like an outsider because of what other people have done..
:) :) :) ;-)

> And even then,
>>since you never know what is true (especially with newbies),
>I
>>wouldn't send her videos anyway.
>>
>>I did buy into it hook line and sinker though...:D
>
>
>
>I have to disagree with you on this. I am a newbie, I have
>been posting for a few weeks, just because some people ,
>newbies or not, have "issues" that seem weird, not all of us
>are crazy. We are defintely are not all from the same bag of
>apples. I happen to love the info and the people here on the
>forums. I even posted to this thread somewhere above, so I
>fell for it too. So, please dont say you can't trust any
>newbies, it's just not fair.
>;-)

Oh yeah, no disrespect. I just meant that those of us who have been visiting hear for years know each other pretty well and feel pretty confident that we all are good people. If Nancy said her DH smashed all her DVD's I wouldn't doubt it for a minute! All I was saying is that when a new person starts posting, you really don't know them. Trust is earned, that's all, and that comes with time, ESPECIALLY over the internet!! I know there are plenty of "newbies" here that are very nice people and very trustworthy. I just won't be sending them any of my DVD's until they have posted for a year or so and their posts seem truthful as a whole!! (unlike the OP). Then I feel like I *know* them (as much as I can over the internet)..I didn't mean to generalize, just make a point.
;-)

And I second Nancy's sentiments:

DIE THREAD DIE!!!! }(

I dont know it this whole story is true or not, but I got myself in "hot water" over it. I am a regular member and poster on another fitness web site which shall remain nameless. To make a long story short, I posted about this poor girl's story (without giving her name), and asked for prayers for her. Some posted agreed that she needs prayers. Other posters were upset with me for sharing the story. And it turns out that it is against the rules to discuss other members of other websites. I didnot know this. I meant well, but it was not taken very well, my thread got closed! Well, I learned the hard way to keep my mouth shut. I do realize it is not using good judgment to discuss other people's situations, unless you have their approval. I let my emotions get ahead of my brain!

Sherry:-(

I wish this other website was as quick to censor all the other threads where posters on Cathe's website are discussed and dissed as a whole. I found it odd that they picked your thread as the ONE thread they censored in this regard.
Angela

>I wish this other website was as quick to censor all the
>other threads where posters on Cathe's website are discussed
>and dissed as a whole. I found it odd that they picked your
>thread as the ONE thread they censored in this regard.
>Angela

I agree! I pretty much have a good idea which website you are referring to. I haven't posted there in a long time, but I just know!

Sherry-
IMO if thats the worst thing you ever do on a forum..... you are just fine. Heavens its not like you could have used her name rank & serial # anyway. I dont thnk you did anything so awful. LOL actually... if something get sposted on an internet forum it is read by thousands of lurkers as well as posters.... I say no harm no fowl:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.