How many hours a week do you workout?

How many hours a week do you workout?

• Total voters
Hi Melissa,
Using Slow&Heavy, I workout one body part/week such that I do the three Slow&Heavy routines once a week. I go as heavy as I can with good form and add more weight as soon as I am up to it and I have needed to invest in a squat rack to help me heavy up on my legs. I need a full week for recovery. I get lower weight work in with my circuit workouts which I consider mainly cardio. I infrequently will add an endurance workout in place of a Slow&Heavy for variety. But Slow and Heavy combined with intense and varied cardio has helped me bust through plateaus. I love Cathe!:)

Cathy,
That's how I do the S/H Series too, but I guess I've been conservative with adding more wt. I plan on returning to S/H in another week and am going to try to increase.
Thanks
Melissa

I tend to work out very hard -- way too hard.

And I know that rest days are important, but I feel so guilty when I have a rest day!

Sometimes I will go 1.5 hours per day, 10 days straight before resting.

I know -- I am setting myself up for injury and what I do is plan dumb!

>Sometimes I will go 1.5 hours per day, 10 days straight before
>resting.
>
>I know -- I am setting myself up for injury and what I do is
>plan dumb!

I wouldn't say your dumb, Amy. If your body can handle it then it's ok to do. With certain injuries you can feel them "coming on" whether it is with your tendons or joints. Then you know to slow down a bit.

Did you see this month's rotation by Cathe? She has us working out 10 days straight in part of the month.

Susan C.M.:D

I like to workout hard too. I think everyone is different and no one should feel bad about working more than some people think they should or working out less then others think they should. I ended up taking an unscheduled rest day yesterday b/c I was tired. Listening to our bodies and doing what we like/enjoy/have time for is the key! No one should feel bad or be afraid to post!:7

Carol,

Huh? Where is the attack on Trevor??? I don't see ANYTHING in the post above yours that is rude or attacking.

(I know this is from a while ago, but I just saw it today, and I'm confused.)

:)
Wendy

I do about 8 hours a week. Usually 60 min cardio, 10 min abs, and about 20 min add on lower or upper body each day. It's just something *I like to do and honestly i'm afraid to decrease and gain back the 30 pounds i've lost.

I voted 4 - 5 hrs. I find that if I workout more than 4 to 5 days a week, I get really burned out. I work full time too so that's another reason. But, I still have seen the same results working out only 4 to 5 days a week, so why kill myself? :D

I cannot do the early in the morning thing either. I NEED that extra hour of sleep or it catches up to me big time. NOT doable for me at all!

Good for you Dani! You've hit upon the big secret, you CAN get more from less if the quality is there.
T. :)

I was one of the 7 or more a week, however, some is yoga or pilates, and then walking over my lunch hour and sometimes at night. I do feel the need to do something every day, but it may not always be strenuous. Just gets my blood moving.

Feels good for me.

I was one of the 7 or more a week, however, some is yoga or pilates, and then walking over my lunch hour and sometimes at night. I do feel the need to do something every day, but it may not always be strenuous. Just gets my blood moving.

Feels good for me.

Nice thread :eek:) I workout pretty hard myself usually 6 days a week. I like to do 2 workouts. I never feel one workout is enough duh! I have been doing double workouts for some years now and my body is probably use to I'd think. Like tonight Cardio Kicks & 4/5 mile walk. Some days our harder than other. But I love to workout it makes me feel sexy ;o) Just my .02 cents.

Teddygirl~

Nice thread :eek:) I workout pretty hard myself usually 6 days a week. I like to do 2 workouts. I never feel one workout is enough duh! I have been doing double workouts for some years now and my body is probably use to I'd think. Like tonight Cardio Kicks & 4/5 mile walk. Some days our harder than other. But I love to workout it makes me feel sexy ;o) Just my .02 cents.

Teddygirl~

I'm going to say around 7 hours, but it may be just for the summer. I'm doing about one hour 4 weekdays as soon as I get up, then I try to walk for 20-30 minutes outside at lunch, and then 1 to 1 1/2 hours on the weekends. Some weeks I make it, some I don't, but that's what I'm aiming for. When school starts again, and I have to get my oldest to school by 7:45, it will be tough to keep up with an hour on weekdays.

I'm going to say around 7 hours, but it may be just for the summer. I'm doing about one hour 4 weekdays as soon as I get up, then I try to walk for 20-30 minutes outside at lunch, and then 1 to 1 1/2 hours on the weekends. Some weeks I make it, some I don't, but that's what I'm aiming for. When school starts again, and I have to get my oldest to school by 7:45, it will be tough to keep up with an hour on weekdays.

Counting running, vids, and biking, Erg machine, walking my dog in the evenings----9-11 hours. :p

So when is this weight gonna come off?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.