Hiccups between chapters in STS 2.0

Kellyro77

Cathlete
Hello, I'm not sure where the right place is to report this, but I was noticing when I was viewing Active Recovery and Total Body Stretch that there were little hiccups where I assume the chapters are supposed to take people. Because of this, the video isn't seamless. The first time it happened I worried I had a faulty DVD until I saw it happening between each exercise and realized it must be related to the chapters. I don't know if this is happening on ALL the DVDs since I've not viewed any of the others yet. Wondering if this is just to be expected now or if this shouldn't be happening. Thanks - otherwise, beautiful production, Cathe and crew. I'm excited to dive in.

Hi Kellro77, if you're using an older DVD player or a player that doesn't use an HDMI cable you can get buffering. This is because the player can't handle the bitrate of the DVD and you will see a very slight pause. Are you using an older player or a player that doesn't use an HDMI cable?

Hi Kellro77, if you're using an older DVD player or a player that doesn't use an HDMI cable you can get buffering. This is because the player can't handle the bitrate of the DVD and you will see a very slight pause. Are you using an older player or a player that doesn't use an HDMI cable?
I'm actually using a PS4

Hi Kellr077,

Though we test on a bunch of SONY DVD Players, we don't test on PS4s. PS4s are an older 10-year-old technology and though we don't test on gaming machines, I do have a PS4 and I see the same issue. However, the same disc plays fine on every other DVD player we have, so I currently think this is limited to only a few players. It is not unusual to see things like this on certain players with every DVD we release. This is especially true with premixes. Have you had any other issues with any of the other DVDs?

My PS4 isn't 10 years old, but I acknowledge it's not the latest technology, either. I saw the skipping during the regular play-through and pre-mix. Again, it was just on that DVD. I'll let you know if it's the case with the other DVDs, too, when I get a chance to view them as a full play-through. Thanks for your response.

I did the stretch workout today and had the same problem. It briefly pauses every 2-3 minutes. I have no idea how old my DVD player is but I've never had issues like that before. Thus far the only other workout I did was Lower Body 1 (disk 6) and had no issues with that one.

It's a Magnavox DVD/VHS combo player since I also still use VHS too. I still use the 3 pronged hookups, so no HDMI cable. My setup is very basic, which is why I chose the DVD's.

Hello, I'm not sure where the right place is to report this, but I was noticing when I was viewing Active Recovery and Total Body Stretch that there were little hiccups where I assume the chapters are supposed to take people. Because of this, the video isn't seamless. The first time it happened I worried I had a faulty DVD until I saw it happening between each exercise and realized it must be related to the chapters. I don't know if this is happening on ALL the DVDs since I've not viewed any of the others yet. Wondering if this is just to be expected now or if this shouldn't be happening. Thanks - otherwise, beautiful production, Cathe and crew. I'm excited to dive in.
YES... I was coming here to ask the very same question.
It's like hiccups where the chapters should go. I didn't notice it at all on the download, but the DVD. It was annoying.
LOVED the workouts themselves, but the constant hiccups made me wonder if it was just me. I didn't notice it on the SuperSet DVD, but I only did a premix on that one.
THANK YOU for asking this question. You are not alone.

My active recovery+ stretch DVD has flutters, pauses. Some pauses are longer than others. This was during both of the full workouts.

It does it at every single chapter point.

It happened in both my DVD players (Panasonic and Toshiba) and they both use HDMI hookups.

So far, it's the only DVD behaving that way.

If everyone that has an issue with the Active Recovery and Total Body Stretch can let us know the brand name and model of the player and if you know the approximate age of the player. We're currently investigating this, but I don't think it has anything to do with the lack of an HDMI cable now but instead has to do with the age of the DVD player or the technology used in the player. We didn't see any problems with any of our test DVD players, but our test DVD players are generally less than 5 years old. My guess is this is a problem mainly with older players or players using older technology. But we need to investigate further.

To clarify, it is happening only with the stretch DVD, the others I have tried are playing fine so far. So it's a problem with that particular DVD.

And one player is less than 5 and the other is older and it is happening with both players...with only the stretch DVD so far.

Hi Lay Vol Fan, We've seen this on a PS4, so we are aware of the issue. It's only going to affect some players and we've only seen the issue on the Active Recovery + Total Body Stretch DVD. I don't think this is widespread, but it certainly is affecting some players.

Also, it's not just the age of the player, it's the age of the technology in the player that may be the factor. But we're just starting our investigation and it's too early to say what is causing this for some people.

As I can, I have tried to see if I see anything, and maybe there are split-second changes to next chapter, but
what I saw, really won't bother me, at least so far. I guess, by using the blender alot, I am used to chapter
changes and a tiny pause (what I call a "change-over"). When I can, I am going to check those 2 workouts
first. I have a bunch of different Sony dvd players which are in "current" operation, and I checked their
model #'s. The thing is, for me, I rarely do a complete workout from start to finish, but tend to mix things up
with programming in the dvd player, the chapters I want, and of course, doing that, there is a little "change-
over". I'm used to that, I guess, for that reason.

DVP - SR210P
DVP- SR500H
DVP- SR510H

That being said, I haven't been able to check on each of them.

But, from what I have been able to view so far (which hasn't been too many), the workouts are beautiful,
and I am so glad to know what the waiter curl is ! I had an idea and I was right!

I'm having the glitch issue with the DVD too. My player is a Magnavox DVD recorder/VCR #ZV247MG9. I don't know how old it is, but it's at least 10 years old. Honestly, it could be much older than that. We've had newer ones that don't make it 6 months, so we always ended up throwing them away and hooking this one back up. We kind of gave up on new technology. We decided it was cheaper and more time efficient to stop trying to "upgrade". lol Ours is hooked up using the HDMI thingy. Hope this helps. :)

I have a Magnovox DVD Player. No HDMI connection.
NONE of the other DVDs thus far have this problem.
ONLY the Active Recovery and Total Body Stretch DVD thus far.
Continue to follow this thread.

If the DVDs are fixed, I hope we receive a corrected one.

Thanks for the thread.

Hi Lay Vol Fan, We've seen this on a PS4, so we are aware of the issue. It's only going to affect some players and we've only seen the issue on the Active Recovery + Total Body Stretch DVD. I don't think this is widespread, but it certainly is affecting some players.

Also, it's not just the age of the player, it's the age of the technology in the player that may be the factor. But we're just starting our investigation and it's too early to say what is causing this for some people.
Thanks for looking into this. I am noticing others are having this problem too and will continue to follow this thread

I have a Magnovox DVD Player. No HDMI connection.
NONE of the other DVDs thus far have this problem.
ONLY the Active Recovery and Total Body Stretch DVD thus far.
Continue to follow this thread.

If the DVDs are fixed, I hope we receive a corrected one.

Thanks for the thread.
Absolutely, smiles4383. This will take some time, but we will certainly replace this DVD for anyone that has an issue.

Absolutely, smiles4383. This will take some time, but we will certainly replace this DVD for anyone that has an issue.
Oh my goodness! Now I know why I love doing business with you guys. I thought we were giving you info about our players so that when you fix the glitches, future buyers wouldn't have an issue (after your current supply runs out). I can't tell you how wonderful it is to do business with a company that strives for such perfection, even after the sale. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It will be well worth the wait, and it will give me something to look forward to as I explore the rest of my workouts. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.