Have you felt a difference after recovery week?

FourAM

Cathlete
If you are like me you do not take recovery weeks normally so I was wondering how you felt after you took a week off from lifting and then went back for meso 2?
My recovery week will be next week so I was curious to know what to expect from it.
Rachel

I started Meso three this week and I have enjoyed two recovery weeks. I felt that my body needed the rest week more after meso one than two, probably because endurance type weight lifting was not my normal forte. I normally take short periods of time off from lifting. I think that your muscles need time to recover and your body needs time to rejuvenate I also find that I decrease the risk of over training if I schedule regular "off periods." During STS recovery time I did not take time off from cardio activities.
Also, it has been my experience that if I take time off and rest, I am actually slightly stronger when I resume my strength training regime.

Enjoy your recovery week!

I just started Meso 2 last week, and I really enjoyed my first recovery week. I don't usually take a week off from lifting, and I felt stronger last week when I started Meso 2 :)

I didn't enjoy (strangely) my recovery week. I actually felt achey and my joints felt stiff. I still did cardio and stretching. I don't know - it kind felt like I seized up. Most people seem to enjoy their recovery weeks though. We're all different.

I am looking forward to how my body will respond to a recovery week.
It is really responding to this tyoe of training so I think a recovery week will do me good.
I guess I always thought that if I took a week off I might not easily be able to start back up again but I know that is not the case. I do although see my friends fall off the wagon and never get back on. You would think though after 4 yrs of pretty much constant training I could trust myself that I am not going to give it up.;)
Rachel

It's funny because I look forward to my recovery week. I usually do light cardio, stretching and core work. By the 5th day I'm so bored that I can't wait to start lifting weights again. Recovery week is mentally and physically restful .

I didnt' think I'd like the recovery week and would miss the weights. I did miss the weights but after the fact, am glad I had the recovery week. Meso 2 was such a change from Meso 1, it was perfect. I am one DVD away from my second recovery week and KNOW I'll need it for Meso 3!!

I'm really wanting to get to Meso 2 and thought maybe I'd cheat and skip recovery week. Well leave it to Cathe to know whats best:D I'm feeling really tired this week. So far I've only done a Turbokick workout Sunday plus non-weighted leg conditioning drills and I'm not sure I'll workout today. I just may take the rest of the week off and start fresh on Sunday with Meso 2.

I think it did me a world of good. I was feeling so fatigued after Meso 1 that it allowed me to focus on cardio more, and get a bit more sleep. When I started Meso 2, I felt ready, and stronger!

Before starting STS training, I never took a week off. But, I've never worked as hard as STS, except for Power Hour.

After Meso 1, I was begging for the week off. I enjoyed that week like it was the best vacation I'd ever had. LOL! My wife and I ran one day during that week off and did some abs. That was enough. I felt very strong for Meso 2. I really noticed a difference. Almost done with Meso 2. Looking forward to another week off, even though Meso 1 felt more brutal than Meso 2.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.