Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for September 2020

Oh, here is a run down of the Raw workout.
Raw LIFT N BOX quick fix 34 minutes
no impact, dumbbells 8 and 12 #, barbell, egg weights if you have them 50 seconds each move
lateral raise/connected front raise 8# dbs
side lunge kickbacks alternating sides 8# dbs
boxing with egg weights (me 1# dbs)
barbell (25# me) push press
dips on the barbell
boxing with egg weights(1# dbs)
single pledge double pledge 12 # dbs
step front and row 12# dbs alternating
boxing egg weights (1# dbs)
barbell curls 25#
barbell bend and row 25#
to the floor
flies pinkies in 12# dbs
bridges 12# dbs
to the floor
flies 12# dbs
bridges 12# dbs
sit up boxing with egg weights(1# dbs)
barbell bench press 25#
feet on barbell bridges
feet under barbell sit up and boxing
plank/down dog touch ankle
child pose/cobra
stretching

Today I did CL#305 - Burn Sets: Express Legs Heavy Weights. This is such a great workout, I absolutely love it and I usually don't care to work my legs. I went hearier than last time with a few exercises. Again, really love this one. Hate the music, though.

5 Rounds using variations of squats, lunges and deadlifts. 12 reps each exercise unless I write different.

Round 1
Squats
: 20's
Static Lunges: 20's
Regular Deadlifts: 25's

Round 2
Heels Eleveated Squats
: 20's
Reverse Lunges: 20's
Wide Stance Deadlifts: 25's

Round 3
Sumo Squats
: 35#
Side Lunges: 20#
Single Leg Deadlifts: 30#

Round 4
Plie Squats
: 35#
Cross Back Lunges: 20's
Still Legged Deadlifts: 25's

Round 5
Pickup Squats
: 35# - 16 reps
Front Lunges: 25#
Elevated Deadlifts: 25's

Loved it. Workout was 35 minutes, burned 178 calories, HR was 109/150.

Then I walked on my TM on a 3% incline for 20 minutes, burned 127 calories, went 1 mile and did 2428 steps. HR was 118/130.

Jolie - Seems my job is safe so I will ride it out for as long as I can. I don't want to leave here so I will just keep doing what I'm doing. I have planned all my events for virtual when needed, the art shows will still be held at our local library since they are opened again. Hope your joints are better today. We have donuts here and I really want one. I will stay strong, though.

Belinda - You are welcome, I worry about my workout friends. I hope each day gets easier for you. Are you feeling better at least? I hope your ear is better. My job is safe for now so I will ride it out. Hopefully by this time next year, all will be back to normal.

Doreen - Great job with your workout, you always find good workouts to do.

Diane - I'm sorry you are having such issues with schooling, I'm sure our parents are going through similar things. Wish they would all just go back to school but I know what a risk that could be. So far, the schools that are in person here are doing well. We'll see how long that lasts. I'll have to check out that workout you did, it looks like fun.

Roselyn - Great job on your Body Beast workouts. Wish Beachbody would do a new one of those.

Roxie - Good to see you checked in a few days ago. Hope you are doing well.

Have a great Friday and weekend everyone!!

I yesterday's CL today - PHA supersets. I liked the format - actually maybe better than the regular PHA format!!

Reactions: WD
Today was supposed to be TM and Biceps and Triceps, but I ended up only doing the TM, I got in the zone and never stopped to do weights. Tomorrow will have to be a weight day! Today's workout was 75 minutes on the TM, hill climb mode and I traveled 4.1 miles and burned 721 calories. Wow!!! This was so fun and I didn't get bored because I didn't know what was ahead for me to do. I listened to an old Madonna concert, brought back a lot of memories. Heart rate was 13/176. I really have to get back into lifting, I just needed to take a break.

Debbie, nice leg workout, I wish I could do lunges but I cant. What other exercise could I do instead. I do leg extensions and leg curls to substitute. I am so glad you get to stay at your job, our schools are all about to open up now and California is one of the worse states for the covid, at least in the past. We are seeing a major decline now.

Doreen, I love PHA workouts, I will have to try that one soon.

Diane Sue, great workout yesterday, that one looks really good. Thank God it is Friday, no distance learning over the weekend!

Belinda, how are you doing today? I hope you got your walk in or something easy today.

Happy Friday, I am off to Walmart and to get boxes and its packing again.

Cheers!

Today I did Cathe Live # 301 All Low Impact Kickboxing Hiit and Core, 52 minutes, 200 calories, heart rate 105/162, 2,980 Steps. I followed this with Raw virtual road trip abs and stretch, 25 minutes, 43 calories, 4,498 steps, heart rate 86/136. Total time 77 minutes, calories burned 243, 4498 steps. Thinks went pretty well today except I can't get on the Friday PE/Music and we were able to watch yesterdays music lesson, but not view the other video and get an exit ticket assignment. It takes me somewhere besides youtube. Sleep was not good and I tried to go to bed early and ended up spending about 40 minutes trying to get a frayed strand of dental floss unstuck in my teeth :rolleyes: Really a silly reason to be kept up. I am kind of sore today so will see how I feel tomorrow. I had planned on doing a PHA workout this weekend. I saw the new superset one is up. Not too long. It may have to be another cardio day though.

Debbie, I liked the CL burn sets legs too. Great job today. Yes, it is Friday. I will still try to get work put together for next week and I have family birthday here Sunday. Shopping, which I am going to have some delivered, I think so that I can just go to a store around the corner for extras. I know a lot of parents are having problems as well as teachers. The teacher had to leave everyone sitting waiting on zoom this morning while she tried to help a couple of children get on.
I don't know if our library has opened yet. They were having pick up. I probably have an email I have not looked at since I usually just check out materials digitally. It is usually summer that I take the grandchildren if I have any. I still have not figured out the schools check out program from something called libby. They keep adding things. As far as opening schools, I don't see it making a lot of difference since most adults are out shopping, working, etc. If the children are going to get it they would probably get it from the adults. Our church had several that got the virus, but everyone was very mild cases. My friends daughter with health issues is doing fine. Her mother said as soon as they heard the pastor and some had tested positive, they put her on a z pack. So, with that, I am not sure how the school that is open at our church is doing at this time. The pastor, his wife, and daughter got tested since 3 others had tested positive, but they were not feeling sick. My friend said they did not have fevers.

Doreen, I watched a clip of that PHA Supersets yesterday. It does look good.

Jolie, nice work today even if you did not do the weights. I am trying to make myself do what my body feels up too. Not to push quite so hard and not to push through the pain when it is here. That is difficult as I want to train like I always did. Mending time is needed. I hope that you get lost of packing done and out of the way.

Hi everyone,

I walked yesterday and today.

Diane - I am glad my doc gave me the ok to workout longer. I don't mind taking the meds long term as long as I don't relapse. I do not what to go through the pain and getting hospitalized again. About the MRI I will have to reschedule. I just can't put headphones on that swollen ear. Too noisy without headphones. My Rheumatology doesn't want me to have any alcohol and wine. I can't have walnuts, haven't had any seeds since I got out of the hospital.I have an appointment with the nutrients next week, I am sure we will go over everything.

Jolie - I am doing good. Thanks for asking. Great job on your workout.

Debbie - I am starting to feel better. The swelling in my ear went down, but it's still swollen. The swelling can take some time as long as it doesn't get worst.

Waving Hi to Doreen, Roxie and Roselyn.

Belinda, the alcohol and wine would not problem for me at all. The walnuts and seed would though. Mainly nuts though. I keep buy nutso nut and seed butter( not the one with coconut) and lots of almond butter. I look for pure nut butter for my almond butter with no added sugar or other fats. Just almonds. Is it just walnuts? I use walnuts on my salads. Mostly figuring which nuts have the most monounsaturated fats and lowest omega 6 to omega 3 profile. I believe macadamia nuts have the most omega 3. But walnuts were better than some other nuts. I hope the nutritionist can help you. I was reading that RA can raise triglycerides and so there are certain foods to avoid. Even too much fruit and carbs, sugars, starches. Things always get so confusing.

Hi,

I walked for over 40 min with DH this morning.

Diane - one I figure out which nuts and seeds to eat, I think it would make my life a little easier. My eating defiantly has chanced since I got out of the hospital. I don't look at this as a bad thing, it's much cleaner eating than I did. I am down over 8 pounds. Not too bad. I think eventually I can eat things in moderations again, just not know. Walnuts apparently are high in histamine. Who knew? I love walnuts. I cut pretty much all the food high in histamine out. Next week I have my appointment with the nutritionist. I agree things get confusing!

I will be back tomorrow.

Belinda, I know you will work it out. Most of the time there is a period of elimination and adding things back in one thing at a time to see which ones are the culprit. If it helps you and makes you feel better that is the main thing and you will grow to love what you eat. I pretty much love any kind of nut. For some reason that I cannot remember a lot of strict paleo proponents avoid cashews. I do not remember why. It is the best nut for magnesium. So nice that you got to go for a walk with your husband.

Today I did Cathe Live Advanced Step Chorography, 53 minutes, 4,643 steps, heart rate 114/155, 244 calories. This was another day of messing with the Fit bit. I was jumping and running around and looked and it kept saying 105. I knew that was not right so kept moving it. It seemed to work best almost onto the top of my hand, at least for a little bit. Do they stay where your heart rate left off when you take them off? I was wondering because when I took it off to take a both it said 98. Right after the workout I tried setting a timer and taking my pulse to see if it was the same and it was at 81-83 on both. So then I did it with my Health Mate app and putting my finger on the lens and it was exactly the same as the watch. Surely I am not pouring sweat and breathing hard and my heart rate that low. I know there are segments that seem light or easy, but this is ridiculous. Also I do extra jumping and arm movements. I got my heart rate up once by shaking the arm with the Fit Bit on it. That is just silly.

Hi,

I walked this morning with DH.

Diane - I am trying to figure out what rotation I will start tomorrow. You probably have to reset your Fitbit or call customer service. Had to to that a few times when I still had a fitbit. I have a Apple watch now.

Have a great day and workout everyone.

Today I did RAW Weights Circuit #1 and had a really good workout. I had to be at work early again so I only had time to do this one. Went up in weights on most exercises.

30 seconds each exercise, 10 seconds rest

Dumbbell Flies: 20's
Skull Crushers: 12's
Pledges: 15's
Alternate Overhead Press: 15's
Alternate One Arm Row: 30#
Double Arm Kickbacks: 8's
Deadlifts: 30# barbell
Plie Squats: 30# barbell
Dumbbell Flies: 20's
Skull Crushers: 12's
Pledges: 15's
Lateral Raise: 8's
Deadlifts: 30# barbell
Dumbbell Press: 25's
Tate Press: 20's (I don't like these, they hurt my elbows so I did Close Grip Bench Press)
Hammer Curls: 15's
Alternate Overhead Press: 15's
Barbell Row: 30#
Kickstand Deadlifts: 30# barbell
Dumbbell Chest Press: 25's
Tate Press: 20's (I did Close Grip Bench Press)
Alternate Lateral Raise: 10's
Kickstand Deadlifts: 30# barbell
Barbell Squats: 30#
Chest Flies: 20's

Workout was 33 minutes, burned 176 calories (really?), did 934 steps and HR wad 114/156.

Fitbit is pissing me off.

Have a great day everyone!! No time for personals.

I did not workout over the weekend, I had a stomach bug and I had little energy. Today I feel a little bit better so I did Cathe Live # 276 All In Upper Body and had a great workout. Workout was 50 minutes and I burned 390 calories. I didn't lift as heavy as I did last time since I really didn't weight lift for the last two weeks. I will be going to the Chiro tomorrow morning so I guess that has to be a rest day for the week. Packing and bending over all of the time is really hurting my back and neck.

Debbie, fantastic workout today, that one looks amazing. After I get moved next month I will probably subscribe to either KCM or Les Mills. I am really enjoying cardio again so i might get on that kick for a month or two and do two days of lifting along with it. I might just go where the wind takes me! :)

Diane Sue, All of our kids are going back to school this week, are your grand kids going back yet? Good luck with the distance learning and I hope you have a great workout.

Belinda, you are killing it with the walks, that is awesome! Whatever you can do is better than nothing that's for sure. I hope your ear is getting better and I hope you are feeling better and have some energy.

BBL to read your posts for the day. A Realtor is coming early this afternoon to show our house to someone so I have to pick up, it is a real mess.

Have a nice day.

Hi everyone,

Had a dental appointment (cleaning) this morning. After the dentist I went for 2.53 mile outdoor walk. I decided to do Cathe's September 2020 rotation. Each week you do a different workout series. Week 1 is Lite, week 2 Strong & Stweaty, Week 3 RWH and Week 4 XTrain series.

Today I did Cathe Lite Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper. Used the same weight as Cathe.

Jolie - I love walking outside especially in cooler weather. Sorry about the stomach bug. Hope you feel better. No wonder your back is hurting. Moving is hard on the body.

Debbie - great job this morning. Sorry about the Fitbit. Get a Apple Watch. It's so much better. Haven't had any problem since I switch.

Waving Hi to Diane, Roselyn and Doreen.

Got home from omaha and as soon as we got home I got a call from my sister that they called 911 for my dad asking for prayers he is 86 and has health issues and he is just tired his aorta has been tearing and operating is too dangerous so they basically said it is day to day it will just rip one day and he will go to sleep :( He is possibly coming home tomorrow He had an aortic anuerysm 20+ years ago that they said he was a miracle and said that rpair would only last ten years so we got many extra still hatd

I did do chest work this morning I have been up since 5am yesterday could not sleep with worry about my dad and mom 56 years together

• Sad
I am tired. I had such a hard time falling asleep last night, then when I did it was about an hour and I woke and watched the clock most of the night. My silent alarm did not go off and I was scrambling when I got up. I unlocked the door for my daughter and the children and ran upstairs to get dressed. No real time all day for much of anything other than a workout I fit in with some stretching. Missed my morning coffee, prayer time that always seems to help me get going. Anyway, tomorrow will be busy because we are doing another online star test this time for mathematics via zoom and the touch screen. So, we have an afternoon appointment for that after lunch. A morning zoom check in and I am not sure if we will do zoom at 1 for math. Sometimes she skips that one or does a brief lesson and he watches the videos lessons and does his work. Before lunch I gave him a break and did Cathe Live Cardio Leg Crush# 241, 46 minutes, 214 calories, heart rate 121/163, 3,750 steps, and I used 12# dumbbells for all of the weight work. I gave them lunch and took my shower. I kind of liked this one. I wanted to do Kelly's Raw Body Fit, but I am still having a lot of pain in my neck and shoulders and just was not up to some of the moves even though they are body weight. After I did the CL workout I did Lindsey Samper neck and shoulder stretch for 14 minutes, 15 calories, 57 steps??(this is all seated or lying on the floor. Total time was 60 minutes, 3,807 steps, 229 calories. I did not help myself out yesterday with the family dinner, cake and chips. It is no wonder my pain was even worse last night. No workout yesterday.
My husband ordered me some of the things that I had on my wish list on Amazon last night. I have Walk Strong 3 with Jessica Smith coming, some new workout capris and sports bra, the super feet shoe inserts I keep putting off spending 50 dollars on, and some lipstick colors in the Revlon Color Suede that I had put in there. So I am excited about getting them Wednesday. I
I had extra calories show up on my fitbit for cycling yesterday. I finally figured it was when I went out after everyone left and mowed with the rotary push mower in back.

Belinda, I have such a hard time choosing a rotation because I never know what is going to be hurting. I was doing pretty well for awhile. It seems a combination of the virtual schooling and then starting Cathe Live, which is probably my fault because I was anxious to try some of the new stuff. She does an awful lot of overhead stuff. I was afraid the workout today would be squat presses or something , but she did not do any:) I was annoyed with that in the legs and glutes workout that she made, because she mixed in upper with it combined upper with the lower. I really wanted to try one of the PHA workouts, but I think that will wait. Apple watches cost to much money. I checked on them and I would look for something else if I was going to change from Fitbit. Nice work today. I hope you enjoy the Cathe rotation.

Debbie, if I got that many calories with a weight workout on my Fitbit for that amount of time I would be happy. I would probably get a hundred or less. You had a great workout. The Fit Bit really makes me mad when I get done with a weight workout like the other day and I got 81 calories for live burn sets biceps and triceps. The last two weeks calories have been awful and I don't have a lot of time to mess with the stupid watch. I shut it off yesterday and restarted, but did not reset. Also every morning it does not want to sync till I shut the phone off and turn it back on. Sometimes it does that to me when I am working out.

Jolie, I am sorry that you had a stomach bug. I am glad that you are feeling better. I think having to show my house is one of the things I hate the most about moving. I don't like to have to get the dog and leave the house as well as having it picked up and ready. Be careful with all of that packing. You got in a nice weight workout today. I have heard nothing about reopening schools here yet. One of my friends was saying some of the mask mandates are supposed to be taken off in October some time. I am really tired of all of it and everyone that I know that has or has had covid were not very sick. BM problems with one and some vomiting, loss of taste and smell and feeling fatigued with a lot of them. Most did not even have fevers and the ones that did it was low grade. I Think if they would have taken care of the elderly and kept them with masks and safe at home we may have already got through our covid season. Virtual school for the children with health issues maybe.
I love Kelly's workouts and I love Les Mills. When are you moving? October?

Roselyn, I am so sorry about your Dad. I will keep him and your mother in my prayers. That is a lot of years together. Try to get some rest, I know you are worried and that is hard.

Today I did RAW Heavy Bag 2 and considering that both ny elbows were killing me last night (I had to ice them both), I wanted to do this workout anyways. Probably not the smartest idea but so far so good. I am not sure what is causing my elbows so much pain, I have been very careful when I lift and I'm almost down to no bicep work plus my kickboxing is minimal right now. Anyways, had a great workout, I love this one plus the ab work. And I've decided to really get some ab work done, they are looking really bad lately. I've been neglecting them too long. So I'm going to try to get at least 3 kickbutt ab workouts in a week. We'll see how that goes. Probably as well as me doing stretching during the week. :rolleyes:

Workout was 43 minutes, burned 233 calories, did 2816 steps and HRwas 112/161.

Jolie - Sorry you haven't felt well, I hope you are good now. Nice workout yesterday, though! I would hate to move, I know eventually my DH and I will be moving to a lake house, but I am not looking forward to all that goes with it.

Belinda - Like Diane said, the Apple watches are way too expensive, plus I don't have anything Apple at all. I use all Android or PC stuff. I just wish they'd make these things a bit more accurate, its frustrating. Glad you are able to go back to your workouts again, I'm sure that makes you happy! :)

Roselyn - So sorry to hear about your dad. I will keep him in my prayers. This is such a hard time for all of us, all our parents are aging and having issues. My mom is almost blind and doesn't want to leave her house. I worry about her all the time. Luckily I'm not too far from her so I can go there whenever she needs me. Take care, girl, keep good thoughts!

Diane - Good lord, woman, I don't know how you do it. I would be going out of my mind if I had to help my grandkids with their school work. You are a good grandmother. I'm sure all that tablet and online work is killing your neck right now, hopefully the kids will be back in school soon. Most of our schools are and we haven't heard of any outbreaks as of yet. Time will tell though. Great job getting your workouts in! You are amazing. Do you take any type of supplement for sleep? I take 5-HTP and that helps along with magnesium.

Doreen - Where are you?

Roxie - Where are you?

Have a great day everyone!!

Morning- and sorry- I've just been lurking the past few days, reading posts as I've been too crazy to post myself! I did Fit Split Pull Day this morning. My loop broke and went flying across the room in the external rotations and I tried the hamstring roll-ins with sliders instead of the ball. I like that better - I think the ball raises the body too high for me to be comfortable.

Hi,

Today I did Cathe Lite Rev'd Up Rumble. I will go for a walk shortly.

Diane - hope you get a good night sleep tonight. I haven't been sleeping well the last few weeks with my ear. Be carful with all the overhead stuff that Cathe does in her workouts. I always go at my own pace/weights. I like the CL PHA 2020 a lot. I hear you on how expensive those Apple watches are. I forgot about the price, sorry! Got mine as a gift. Love it. I don't have any problems like I did with my Fit Bit's.

Debbie - I forgot how expensive those Apple watches are. I got mine as a gift. It was free. I probably would think twice if I would buy one too. Fit Bit customer service is great if you have trouble with yours. I used them a few times when I had my fit bit. I agree with wishing they'd make these things a bit more accurate. I love my Apple watch but sometimes it's not that accurate, IMO. I try not to stress too much about it.

Jolie - have fun with whatever you decide to do.

Doreen - great job today.

I will be back tomorrow.

Debbie my mom cannot see well and hearing is bad I am so sorry your mom is losing her sight My dad is home with pain management. He has pain near his neck because of his aortic tear the blood not pumping right. He looks so bad and is weak but he wanted to come home. Hospice will be coming in to help. Such a sad time. This aortic aneurysm is like a ticking timebomb:( Please send prayers

So today I did get up and did CL express legs

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.