Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for October 2021

I had my last PT appointment last night but we kept my file open in case I need to go back in the next two months. I have great insurance, so they allow me to do that. She worked on a couple knots again and then showed me some exercises to do at home, none of which are foreign to me. It's just making myself do them daily that is the challenge. I will try.

This morning I walked on my treadmill for 30 minutes and burned 156 calories. Then I did about 20 minutes of the PT exercises. Feeling pretty good this morning.

Jolie - Glad you are feeling better! I'm sure you are almost at 100% today. Thanks on my weights, I really don't think they are all that heavy but I guess they are more than I have been using. :)

Diane - The one thing that struck a cord with me about my PT therapist is she said you should never stop moving, even when you are in pain unless of course that pain is so bad that you have no choice but to rest it. She said since I kept working out with this shoulder and neck issue, probably saved my shoulder from freezing. If that would have happened, I would have been in alot of pain. She encourages me to keep going with my workouts unless I feel like I absolutely have to rest it. I do that, though, I don't rest unless I have to. You are the same. It seems we have done everything right with our injuries yet they won't go away. I really wish I knew why. Anyways, she gave me pretty much all the exercises your PT gave you, so I will try and keep up with them every day. It's only 10 reps a day with about 6 exercises so I think I can do that in the evenings. I think the key for me is to really get the lower lat stronger. Everything points to them being weak, which is so weird since I do rows and such all the time. I'm glad you slept good the other night finally and hope last night was the same. I know how finicky these problems can be from day to day.

Belinda - I'm sorry to hear about your shoulder joint cartilage, that certainly is not good news. I hope they can figure out a way to help with that. This is so not fair, we all worked so hard in our lives to be healthy and strong and it just seems like it's all backfiring on us. :(

Have a great day everyone!!

Reactions: WD
Yesterday I had a BIG setback, I felt good in the morning and by 11:00am I had to go back to bed. I had the most incredible body aches, spasms and Charlie Horse in my back, legs and feet. I almost passed out emptying the dish washer. All I could eat was a green apple and some chips. Everything I ate tasted like Salt, so weird. I took and Aleve when I went to bed, slept the whole night and feel much better today. My chest is clear as well as my sinuses, I just have Zero energy. This is so weird. My husband has to get Covid tested every day so we know we do not have Covid or maybe we do and it is not picking it up. We don't know but we are getting better each day so that is positive. I will not workout until I start eating better and have energy. I have an appointment with my Chiro on Monday am and she is going to muscle test me and try to find out what is going on with me. It is day 8 with this sickness and I have to say it is the weirdest thing ever. It is like a cross between Covid, Flu and Allergies. Today is going to be 85 degrees, I am going to get something to eat and force myself to get it down and sit in the sun and get some Vit D. My husband goes to CVS each morning for his Covid test, otherwise he cannot go to work, and the doctor there says there are so many crazy sicknesses going around we could have all of it. My husband is feeling better as well but not great. He has been sick for 4 days longer than me but he also had no down time to get better.

Debbie, nice walk on the TM today. I cannot wait to workout again but I for once am being patient.

Roselyn, great workout yesterday.

Belinda, wow on your shoulder and the issue they have uncovered. This just sucks for you I know, I will pray for you.

Diane Sue, I am pain free for once and now I am sick and cannot workout. Boy, if it isn't always something anymore. I have to re evaluate what I am doing with my health and figure something out to stay healthier.

I hope you all have great workouts today and I am off to get something tasty to eat for today.

Debbie - thank you about my shoulder joints. I sure didn't expected that. I will see my Rheumatologist, he is the expert on RP. I trust him. Thanks for the prayers!

Jolie - sounds like you have covid. Get the test than you know. I hope you feel better soon.

I am at a conference but went to the fitness center with a buddy of mine and we did a Heather Total Body No Repeat Hiit with Weights. It was a good 40 min. workout. It hit all the muscles and some cardio. Then got together with everyone to eat. Snuck back to my room to watch the Packer game in peace. Wish I could walk some trails here but it's been raining non-stop.

Jolie, I also think it sounds like covid. It affects everyone so differently.

I am avoiding crowd gatherings at this conference. I just am not ready to be too close to people yet. Last night everyone was crammed in a suite and I just didn't bother walking in. Even vaccinated, I just don't feel good about it. Good to see everyone having fun, though.

Debbie, I concur with keep moving. I always feel better when I can workout and get a walk in. Our bodies ard made to move.

Hope everyone feels good soon.

Today I did a little of CDorner's Dance workout from today and stopped as I felt I was not getting my heart rate up much with not doing all of the arm moves they were doing. It may have gotten more doable, but I guess I was not in the mood. It is 90's music. I went on to do Kelly Coffey Cardio Quick Fix workout one, still modifying some upper moves like speed bag and punches, but it was easy to up the intensity anyway, both together(I did not stop the Garmin) 37 minutes, heart rate 143/173, 227 calories, 4,004 steps. I then did Cathe Lite Abs #2 and repeated the first 2 moves instead of doing the plank moves, 10 minutes, heart rate 75/88, 19 calories. I finished with Lite stretch #2 10 minutes and 15 calories, and followed with Perfect 30 Timesaver Flow Mobility basics + Strength and Flexibility #2, 35 minutes, 52 calories, heart rate 78/104. Total time was 92 minutes, 313 calories.
My shoulder and arm hurts tonight. Not as much sleep last night and I sat in the recliner this morning and dozed till my dog kept whining at me to get up. She likes things done in routine fashion. Even though she does not eat her food immediately in the morning in hopes of a cookie instead, she wants it in the bowl so she can go sit and wait in the workout room. I spent a lot of time on the computer getting finances taken care of for the first of the month and planning and shopping for Thanksgiving and Christmas lists. I ordered a couple of presents. I think that is why my arm is hurting so much right now too.

Roselyn nice work yesterday and today.

Debbie, I think I had a lot more than 6 moves to do and a lot of them were done 10 to 20 times and held for 30 seconds. Nerve glides they did not have me hold, I just moved through it slowly. Same with a lumbar roll(not sure why they called it that) I always ended with 3 30 second holds in a doorway before I left the facility when I was going in to PT. I just looked and there were 12 moves. My husband told me I was probably moving my arms around too much even though I am not doing all of the big moves. I told him I have to keep the shoulder moving some so the synovial fluid can move and to keep it from freezing up. I know a lot of people would probably just sit and get worse. I think we all know how that works and movement actually helps in the long run. I notice a difference when I take a couple of days off and do not take time for some morning stretches and movement because I have early things to go do. Yes, they kept trying to get me working on my lats and upper back area strength. They had me do pulls with tubing. They also had me lying on my side with a dumbbell doing a couple of rotation movements. They started heavier and had to scale back as it hurt. I don't know how we do not have enough strength there. I have kept up the back squeezes when doing stretches and stuff ever since I did PT before. Plus lifting and rear delt lifts. It gets confusing on what to do, but I know if it causes a lot of pain I will continue to pay for it. If what I am dealing with is arthritis, I am not sure how much help I can get. Their are different types of RA from what I read on Life Extension the other night and whether they are chronic pain or periodic pain or occasional flares. Anyway, that sort of answered a couple of things as I was reading this young woman( young compared to me) youtube that has RA and she body builds. She was the second one that I had sort of read over their stuff and I wondered how they managed to work through that much pain. So, it is not the same with each individual. Older people tend to be more on the chronic side. Plus I have osteoarthritis, gout, and the aging stuff. Just frustrated to say the least. Most of the moves were not foreign to me either.

Jolie, I am sorry you had a setback yesterday. Just keep taking care of yourself. Are you running fevers or just feeling bad? It seems if your husband is tested daily, you would know if it was covid since you both have been sick. Although the woman I caught covid from said she tested positive and her husband negative, but they both had the same symptoms. His lasted longer though and he ended up having kidney stones which the doctor said was not uncommon with covid. This is the time of year for viruses to hit. A little early for the usual yearly flu as it generally does not come till a little later, but I guess not uncommon because they start pushing flu shots in September. We probably will have all kinds of viruses coming in over the border. So we need to take care of our health ahead of time.
I bet when you get your energy back you will be right back at it.

Belinda, praying for you and your doctors appointments tomorrow.

Cam, that is great that you had a workout partner and was able to get a weight workout in while at the conference.

Last edited:
I don't know why, but I'm getting sort of sick of the EPIC workouts. When I looked at today's it was supposed to be a full body one and when I looked at the exercises she has listed, it looked like mostly lower body. My knees can't take all that lower body workout. Once a week is fine, but three times, no way. So today I did RAW 4 Day Split Bi's and Tri's and had an excellent workout. It was followed with a Heavy Bag Finisher which I did as well. I love these 4DS workouts and will probably do the others next week. I miss doing Kelly's weight lifting. I may go back to EPIC in a couple week.s

This workout was 1 minute for each exercise/10 second rest. This was a great, intense workout.

Biceps
Supinated Curls
: 15's
W Curl to Rotate to Front: 10's
Hammer Curls: 15's (slow 4 counts up and down)
Bicep burnout w/Tube - Alternate Curls
Repeat

Triceps
Overhead Extension
: 15#
Kickbacks: 8's
Dips
Kickbacks w/Tubing
(burnout set)
Repeat

Noelle is doing the workout and Kelly is instructing her. The heavy bag workout is pretty intense as well, I love that one because it's only 10 minutes but you do a lot in those 10 minutes.

Jolie - It sure sounds like you have COVID to me. The symptoms change all the time for some people, I hope you kick it soon. So weird that your husband is testing negative. Maybe it's just a type of flu, God only knows what variations Covid is creating for that virus. Hope you feel better soon.

Diane - I guess we can only do what we can do. We both take care of ourselves but it's just frustrating that we deal with these issues every day. I can say mine isn't as bad as yours, but at one time I think it was. Great job with your workouts yesterday. I know what you mean about Gertie, my cats do the same thing. They are such routine animals. Like me. I'm a routine person so it fits. LOL!

Cam - Nice job getting a workout in even while at a conference!! That is awesome!!

Belinda - Hope you are doing ok today. Do you still have Covid symptoms?

Have a great weekend everyone! Gotta a Zoom meeting in 2 minutes so gotta go!

I signed up for RAW - I realized its been about a year since I subscribed and a lot of what she added has looked good. This morning I did Box and Pump 5. I don't have egg weights - just some 1# bars from an old pair of ankle weights that I ripped apart years ago. Works the same IMO. I loved this workout - the weight moves with just 1 heavy dumbell are perfect.

Today I was up and out early, feeling great! I only went for a 2 mile walk because it is so hot and dry out I found it had to not drink all of my water before the end of my first mile. It was 90 degrees yesterday and will be around 86 degrees today. I really want some Fall weather like other parts of the country are getting. I walked for 40 minutes, 2.1 miles and I burned 301 calories. Then I did a few weight exercises for arms just to get the feeling of lifting back again. I feels so good to pick up weights again after a week off. My doctor said I can get a test to see if I have the Covid antibodies in a few weeks, it takes about 3 weeks to see the correct results. She thinks I may have had to Delta Variant, much easier and different than Covid 19, I would love to have those antibodies going forward. My husband gets tested daily and they all come out negative, the same with my son. We all have the exact symptoms so who knows. My doctor said the tests are not too accurate so that is confusing, too many false positives are showing up she said. Anyway, I am feeling good now so I am on my way!

Debbie, that is how I felt about Caroline's workouts when I did them last year, I only did one or two a week, they are crazy... Before I got sick I was really enjoying P90X for some reason so I will probably get back to doing those again next week or put together my own workouts again, I like my total body basic workouts similar to Cathe's Vertical Loading. Nice job on the RAW workout today.

Cam, have fun at your work function. I watched most of the game but turned it off in Q3. I am a football fanatic, my oldest son played at the University of Nevada, Defensive End and I love to go to the games.

Diane Sue, nice job with the workout yesterday! I am happy that you had less pain last night but still being in pain is a bummer. I am a total routine person too, who isn't!!!

Make it a great day!

Hi,

I am back from my appointments. I relapsed. I be honest, my symptoms never went away since the last time I relapsed. I am back on steroids for a few weeks. My Rheumatologist also thinks my noise is deformed (they call it a saddle nose) a little. I also noticed it this morning.

The pulmonologist thinks my cough is from covid and it can take a few month for it completely to go away. Although he said my case is tricky since I have RP. He wants me to take the steroids for 10 day's to see if it helps my coughing. He also wants to do a chest CT to see if there is anything else going on.

Now I am getting ready for the RT.

Last edited:
Today I did Step Boss Step Sync, 57 minutes, heart rate 140/167, 318 calories, 4,967 steps. I also did CDorner Stretch it Out #36, deep stretch full body and no down dogs. It is a nice stretch I have saved to my watch later. My legs were getting tight and stiff and knees feeling off so I really needed this and the upper at the end is good as well. This is 28 minutes, 35 calories, heart rate 74/92. Total time was 85 minutes, 353 calories. We are waiting for my 9 year old grandson to get dropped off so we can go do some things. His Dad is bringing him after school which is soon.

Debbie, nice workout today. I have done a couple of her short heavy bag workouts and they are great for an add on. I wish I could do more right now. She has some new stuff that I would like to try. I am a routine person and I don't like surprise changes. It messes up my whole day. I remember when you were so frustrated and kept trying new things for the pain.

Doreen, nice work with Box and Pump 5. The Box and Pump workouts are fun to do. I have ankle weights with the removable metal bars in them. Good idea.

Belinda, I hope that the steroids help. I am sorry that you relapsed. I hope that you have a lot of fun with the road trip. Looking forward to hearing about it.

Jolie, it is too bad the tests are unreliable. I know that first hand. I gather he is getting the quick test. That is why I asked for the other as I needed to know. I hope your husband gets better soon and am glad that you are feeling much better.

Hi,

Cathe RT KB and stretching was today. Glad DD showed me modifications to help my shoulder. DD and I having lots of fun. Cathe announced her new workout series and equipment. I will post more tomorrow.

I do have a frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis) , Biceps: long head tendinosis, Joint: cartilage is missing/gone, Bursitis off the Shoulder swelling of the shoulder. That explains the pain I having in my shoulder. There was one more I need to ask my doctor. That explains the pain I have in my shoulder. I hope the steroids will help with my shoulder pain as well. When I was on the steroids for my last relapsed RP it did help for the pain. I will see the surgeon for my shoulder I believe next week. I have so many appointments I can't hardly keep up. I will know more soon. I just modify everything. I also hope the steroids will also help with my cough. Maybe I can get rid of 2 problems at the same time. I hate taking the meds especially MTX, my Rheumatologist added another meds to MTX to help me with the side effects. He doesn't make me take MTX, there is another immune depressed meds he mention today but there isn't enough study for the long term side effects. He also put in for my paper work for NIH RP study. I should her from the study soon to help to find a cure for RP. I am so lucky and thankful to have such an amazing team of doctors that care especially my Rheumatologist. He is on top of everything and makes sure I get the help/care I need. He also takes the time to listen to my concerns and countless questions. He is amazing! Great job!

Belinda, the shoulder results sound painful. I read about tendinosis and the long head when checking anatomy of the shoulder area and trying to see what I thought was wrong with my shoulder. Does the frozen shoulder stop you from moving your arm around. I am glad you are seeing a surgeon as well. I knew they had some meds to help with MTX side effects. Hopefully they can get you feeling much better. It is wonderful that your daughter can give you alternatives for moves you can't do. I love kickboxing, but boy does it set off my shoulder pain. It is wonderful that you have doctors that are working together to help you through all of this.

Diane - it's been month with the shoulder pain I am having. I do have to admit it the pain got better the last few weeks, once I stopped working out due to covid/coughing. I also think the steroids helped with the pain in my shoulder a little. I couldn't move my shoulder at all, then I went to PT. I was in more pain. I stopped going when I relapsed. The pain my shoulder was unbearable. Like I mention before, I couldn't move my arm behind my body at all. I still can't. I have limit range of motions in my left shoulder. I will see what the surgeon has to say. Crazy, I have so many different things going on in my left arm/shoulder at the same time. If the MTX doesn't improve my doctor will try something else. All those meds have nasty side effects especially immune depressed ones. My daughter corrected me during the stretch. She is a yoga teacher, she knows her stuff. Although I babied my left shoulder during the kickboxing it was set off last night. I need to be smarter today.

Can't wait to hear Cathe's new series. I know most want a heavy weight series.

I am going to do Penny's Barbell Super Sets this morning. I don't have a barbell but used weights last time. It is an awesome workout! If your looking for a good straight up full body strength workout, this is a goodie. She has 3 barbell workouts, but this is 50 min. Her best, imo. I was considering CDoerner's Full Body from yesterday, not to be offensive, but the gal she has working out with her seems to have terrible form and is a distraction for me. She looked drunk. Anyway, probably a good workout but she needs to use people who are more experienced exercisers. She could have so many subscribers if she talked less and didn't use some of her partners. She is so talented and probably the only YT instructor that has so much variety. She does it all!

Hopefully the weather will get better today. It's been rainy and gloomy all week. I need a good walk and fresh air after being indoors most of the week.

Debbie, doing what you enjoy makes a big difference. Can't go wrong with KCM. One of the reasons I can't get into Caroline is she spends too much time on specific body parts. Life is too short to do workouts that have a dread factor.

Jolie, glad you are feeling better! There is some crazy crap going around. If your husband keeps testing negative, then sounds like you got some crazy bug.

Doreen & Debbie, keep sharing your RAW workouts. I like to hear. As I said, I don't like punching drills and she does a lot of them, but I love her cardio and weight workouts. I may consider subscribing next year.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Hi,

Spirit of Halloween and Boo-tcamp is done. I modify the heck out of the circuit workout and boot camp. We still have the Wicked Legs & Glutes today. Gosh I miss working out with Cathe :)

BBL!

Today I did CDorner Low Impact Cardio no jumping, 33 minutes, 192 calories, 3,337 steps. I also did some of the Deep Stretch I did yesterday and work on neck and shoulder tightness and knots. I really hurt last night and today. Hoping better tomorrow.

Belinda, I don't understand the pain in my shoulder. It seems better some days and then all of the sudden it is terribly excruciating. Like when it just started hurting bad when I was eating yesterday and it is still hurting. Just when I think I am improving it starts hurting again.
There was another med the doctor mentioned instead of what I am taking and it was not MTX. I cannot remember what it was though. Some of those meds block the bodies absorption and use of certain vitamins so supplements are required. I bet you did have to really modify the boo camp workout. I hope your knees do okay with the wicked legs and glutes.

Cam, I had to go look at the CDorner workout you were talking about. I did not know she had put one up, although I would not have done step today because my knee swelled last night and hurt. I guess I am taking my lack of upper work out on my knees. That knee had a torn meniscus about 7 years ago and has not been the same. They said it had more arthritis in there than they expected. It looks like the workout you did had Donna in it. She has been in others and the first one I saw her in was really distracting and I thought she might have been drinking or something. She was sitting there with her drink and on a cell phone the whole time and every so often would give a woo! woo! and get up and just act weird. I kept wondering why she was even there. Chris is an excellent instructor, but likes her group. I prefer her on her own myself. I don't care that much about the talk, except when she throws me off, or sort of inside jokes. I think the main thing for her is that she enjoys herself doing it and I sort of understand that. She does it for free. I think she must hang out with Donna off and on as she has mentioned them shopping together and named a funny looking chicken after her. Something about the chickens feathers. I gather Donna is sort of a "funny goofy" type of person. Just sort of my perspective. I generally do not do the dread factor workouts unless I forget I did not like them and pull them out again only to remember I did not care for them. I hate workouts that are drills. Not fun!! I do not like those that are running back and forth across the room touching the floor and pivoting. So, most of those just sit on the shelves if they are dvds.

Last edited:
Happy Halloween,

Today is also my DD's 36 birthday. DD and I had a blast at the virtual Cathe RT. Someone's husband/boyfriend probably didn't realize he was on camera, he was in his underwear LOL. I couldn't stop laughing :)

Cathe announced her new series it will be 12 strength training with recovery and mobility workouts. She didn't give too many details yet. It sounds good.

Diane - sorry you still in pain. I hope you feel better soon. I used very light weights, I was very carful with my left arm especially anything overhead/lateral. I kept everything low impact. I haven't worked out in weeks, doing all those workouts low impact/light weights kicked my butt, lol. I will keep my workouts like this until I see the surgeon. Yes, my doctor mention other medications like Humira (?) taking with another drug (?). I think all the meds for RP will block the bodies absorption and use of certain vitamins.

Today I will take a short walk with Sadie and DD wants to do some yoga.

Hope you had a nice weekend;) BBL

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.