Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for October 2021

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Caroline SUPER Full Body Workout - Dumbbell Supersets | EPIC III Day 19 is done. Got up early to get my workout in today. Sadie has an appointment with the groomer today.

I will be back to catch up on personals.

Reactions: WD
So word is my cousin is going home to die. I can't believe it, she doesn't even want to try the protocols they have in place, she is just giving up. I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but she does have COPD which makes the COVID that much worse. I'm hearing some different stories so I'm not sure anyone knows what is actually happening, but I do know she has gotten worse. She should be on a ventilator and she refused that. I don't know what to think, I just keep praying that she will recover. I worry about her sister - my other cousin - who has lost her husband not two months ago, her dad three months ago and her mom 2 years ago. Her sister that now has COVID is the only one left in her immediate famly and now she may pass away. I'm not sure how much one person can take, I really worry about her. Say some prayers for my family, please, I would greatly appreiate it.

This morning I couldn't help myself and broke down and did Caroline's Beast Mode Shoulders and Arms workout. This is Day 2. What a great workout this was. I'm hesitant of posting the exercises because I'm not sure if she requests people not too, but I couldn't find anything on her website about it. Does anyone know? I don't want to get into trouble posting her exercises and I may delete what I posted last week with the leg workout. Roselyn, Belinda - do you know?

This was 4 sets each exercise, 40 seconds on/20 seconds off with a finisher here and there for shoulders. Awesome layout.

Anyways, burner for the shoulders, I used 10's and 12's for arnold presses and then 10's, 8's and 5's for lateral movements. She did two tricep exercises and I used 8's for one and then did only two sets of the tricep pushups and I did those on my knees. Then she did biceps doing hammer curls and rotation curls. I used 15's for all of that.

Workout was 40 minutes. She doesn't warmup in these, I have to remember to warmup. She has a 5 minute warmup video and I have to find it and do it. Then it will be in my Youtube library and I can always go to it. Music in these is just ok, I'm not a big fan of synthasized music. I hope I don't pay for this later on today...

Jolie - Praying for your fur ball friend, I hope he is doing ok. I hate when our furry friends hurt. :( Thanks for the advice on calling the employer I applied to. Indeed asked me if I wanted to send a private message to them so I did that. I told them why I thought I'd be perfect for the job, etc. I hope to hear from them. We'll see.

Diane - When I'm at home I'm hardly on the computer. I get enough of it during the day. I am feeling pretty good today, but left side is still very tight. I need to work on it more during the week before I see my PT. I'm being lazy. Sorry the low impact workout you did yesterday was boring, sometimes I feel that way with some workouts as well.

Roselyn - Good job with your workout! Isn't Beast Mode awesome?

Cam - No MRI for me. I know mine is all muscle and nerve related. I am slowly feeling better, I just had a set back last week. Hopefully that doesn't happen anymore. Great job with your workout!

Belinda - Nice job getting your workout in early!! Have fun with little Sadie! :)

Doreen - Great workout yesterday!

Have a great day everyone and weekend!

No workout today, I am too stressed out about my dog's surgery, I dropped him off 2 hours ago for his prep work and the surgery will be in a few hours. It is a minor surgery but he is 14 years old and I worry about his heart and other issues that older pets experience. They assured me he will be just fine but i am too nervous to do anything but clean. This will be rest day #3 for the week but I will get in some good workouts this weekend.

Debbie, OMG about your cousin!!! Why would someone refuse treatment that can help her survive? The treatment is fine and I am shocked that she did not get the vaccine with such a big underlying condition. Did she get the vaccine? I will pray for her and her poor sister, I bet she is a wreak. Great job with the workout today, I hope your body is kind to you about it. I love Caroline's workouts, I play my own music and just follow along. Doreen got me into those last winter and I really enjoyed them. Keep us posted about your cousin. Are you going to visit her and try to talk some sense into her? How old is she?

Belinda, great job getting a workout in early today! I bet Sadie is going to be so cute after her grooming appointment!

BBL to read the posts for the day. It will be 90 degrees here this weekend so walking may be out of the question till next week or I better get up early and get out early!

Well, we had to cancel Sadie mobil grooming appointment today. The lady wanted us to sign a waiver in case Sadie get hurt she wouldn't be responsible for any vet bills while in her care. WTH? I read so many bad grooming horror stories. I didn't like it. Now we set up Sadie with our emergency vet we used with all our pets. I had no idea the also had a grooming place. We did ask that question in case Sadie gets hurt, she said at no cost she would be threaded at the vet clinic. She also said they never had anything happened to any of their fur customers. I trust that one more than the mobil one. Plus, the vet grooming is $30 cheaper although we have to drive her 20 min. I feel saver her going to our vet clinic/grooming/boarding/day care place. Plus the vets are wonderful and caring. Sadie has a grooming appointment next Wednesday.

Jolie - praying for your dog! I know it's stressful. Please keep us updated.

Debbie - I am so sorry about your cousin (((HUGS))) I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Can you not talk to your cousin? That is so sad she is giving up. I will pray for her. I am so glad you like Caroline workouts. I love her workouts. I love the slow and controlled moves. If you look under her videos she does post the exercises. If you post her video on here, everyone can see her exercises and copy them. I just don't post them, I am lazy :) Great job on your workout today.

BBL

Last edited:
This morning I did CDorner Step # 152, 29 minutes, heart rate 132/159, 154 calories, 2,158steps. I also did CDorner Quick Intermediate Step # 147, 34 minutes, 177 calories, heart rate 133/173, 3,148 steps. I like this and have done it last week. I finished with Cathe Perfect 30 Express#2 yoga strength and flexibility + Mobility basics, 36 minutes, heart rate 84/115, 67 calories, 199 steps. I liked the moves in this mixture. Total TIme was 99 minutes, 398 calories, 5,505 steps.

Belinda nice work today with the super full body workout. That would be worrisome having to sign something that makes them not responsible for something happening to your dog. It sounds like you got a better choice. We had a mobile groomer for a miniature Schnauzer many years ago. I kind of remember having to sign a paper. No problems though. I guess I just though of it like when we sign papers for medical treatments. But, now that you mention it I guess it is something to worry about. Gertie does not need a groomer, but there is one attached to the vets office.

Debbie, that is sad that your cousin will not use medical help. I feel sorry for her sister as well. I will keep them in my prayers. I never thought about not putting my workout format up. If anything it might encourage others to try those workouts out. I never have seen anything saying not to post them. I used to spend a lot less time on the computer as I was too busy with grandchildren and other activities. I would probably get more of my projects done if I would get off the computer LOL. When I was doing PT 3 times a week, I did all of the stuff at home the rest of the days, just did not get the hands on.

Jolie, praying for your dog to come through this well. I understand your anxiety about it.

Well, yesterday was a stressful day. My dog didn't get into surgery till late in the day and I had to pick him up coming out of anesthetics and he was a handful to say the least. He cried and cried for hours, not from pain but from the meds pumped into him. He is really good today and sleeping soundly, finally! The surgery went great and they did the best they could to get it all out without going into the bone. He can now eat and drink perfectly, lets pray that it does not grow back or if it does, it is a slow growing tumor. I am exhausted today, I did not get a lot of sleep and I was stressed so today I will lay on my sofa with my dog and watch football all day! yeah!

Roselyn, great job on the workout yesterday, those are really good workouts. How is your mom?

Diane Sue, nice job on the step workout yesterday!

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Hi everyone,

Yoga and walk this morning.

Jolie - glad your dog surgery went well. Poor thing.

Roselyn - great job on your workout yesterday. How is your mom doing?

Have a wonderful weekend everyone,

No workout today. Yesterday I did CDorner Fast Follow Along Step Aerobics Advanced. 50 minutes, 235 calories, heart rate 127/160, 4,046 steps. I also did CDorner Full Body Stretch Daily Mobility and Flexibility, 31 minute4s, 52 calories, heart rate 81/98, 136 steps. Total time was 81 minutes, 287 calories, 4,184 steps.

Jolie, have a nice rest day with your Dog. I hope healing goes well and quickly. It will be great for your dog to be able to eat and drink well again.

Belinda, nice work on getting your walk in and some yoga.

Busy weekend but squeezed in a workout today. I did PHA 2 + Abs. I like this one, but 3 is my fave. I will have to try the Strong & Sweaty PHA again. I remember that it seemed long, but I think I should do that soon. It has been a few years.

Evening,

We walked early this morning, I also did SBF stretching today. Our CSA farmer had a Fall festival all outside. We decided to go since it was outside. We couldn't eat anything, everything was smattered in mayo/meat. They had zero vegetables. Not even a sliced tomatoes. We stayed a little than left. I was a little disappointed, he knew we are plant based eaters. Don't give me wrong, I didn't expected a full vegan meal. Tomatoes and cucumbers would have been nice.

Diane - great job on your step workout yesterday. Hope you enjoy your rest day today.

Good night.

This morining I only had time for a 30 minute workout because I had to be to work early again. I really hate going in early. I decided to do CDorner's new step, #152, 30 Minute Basic/Interm. Step Aerobics. It was easy and fast and I worked up a good sweat. Just ok music but nothing that really bothered me.

My cousin is still the same, not really getting better. I found out Saturday that her daugher is giving her horse dewormer. WTF? Where would she even conceive that idea? I am not sure if hospice is there or not, but I know she isn't doing well. Keep the prayers coming.

On a good note, I am feeling amazing today.

Jolie - I'm glad all went well with your fur buddy, I hope he is doing better and better!

Diane - I remember when we were doing workouts from BeachBody, there is a disclaimer on those workouts (I think) to not post them. If it wasn't BeachBody it was another workout group, I can't really remember who it was now. I always worry about posting workouts because of copyright infringement, but you would think that would make people want to do the workouts. I will post the Beast Mode workouts from now on.

Belinda - You are right, Caroline does have her workouts laid out in the Youtube info box, which I love. That is such a bummer about that festival you went to and no veggies. I don't go to things like that anymore because the food is so nasty. Yuck. That's too bad they couldn't at least do something for you and your husband.

Roselyn - How is your mom doing?

Cam - Nice job getting a workout in even though you were pressed for time this weekend!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Hi everyone,

I walked this morning, did 30 min yoga and Caroline G. SUMMIT LEG DAY - Pyramid Training Leg Workout | EPIC III Day 21 is done.

Debbie - I don't think it's a problem posting her workouts here. I was a little surprised he didn't had any fresh cut up veggies. I honestly didn't expect a whole meal just an apple, tomatoes or some cucumbers would have been nice. Sorry about your cousin. I didn't get the horse dewormer and what makes them think it would work? I will keep her in my prayers.

BBL

I forgot to post my workout yesterday. I did a 4.7 mile walk outside in the hills, 1 hour 38 minutes and burned 844 calories. It has been very hot here but tomorrow is is supposed to cool down at least 10 degrees. Over the weekend it was 90 degrees or more at the beach! Today I had a fantastic workout, I did P90X Shoulders and Arms workout and boy am I feeling it now that it is finished. I love these workouts because it is at your own pace, your own weight and your own rep count. I did lighter weights and did mostly 16 reps each exercise. My body is liking doing lite weights and more walking, I have lost so much weigh all of my cloths are fitting me that I had from years ago when I was in my best shape, but I have way less muscle tone now due to my age.

My dog is doing amazing!!! He doesn't even need anymore pain meds, he is outside running around and barking his head off. He can now eat, drink and breath properly so I hope this surgery allows him to have the best life for as long as that may be for him. He will be 15 years old in January.

Debbie, great job fitting in a short workout today since you had to be to work early today. I cannot believe your cousin is taking horse de worming meds. There is not a chance in hell I would take that myself and I am usually game for trying stuff but that is just strange.

Belinda, nice leg workout today! I havent worked legs in forever because my back goes out but all of the walking has them leaner than normal I just dont have a lot of muscle but I am ok with it because my back has been not going out as much since I have laid off the hard weight workouts. Once I get back to running on the elliptical my muscle will eventually come back, i hope.

Roselyn, great workout yesterday.

Diane Sue, Cam and Doreen, I hope you have a great workout today!

BBL to read the other posts for the day.

Today I did Step Boss I Max 4 and did so much better according to my Garmin than all of the times I worked so hard to get my heart rate up using the Fitbit. Workout was 48 minutes, 309 calories, heart rate 150/176, 4,674 steps. I used 1 riser each side rather than the two Cathe uses, and I did not do the butt kickers and instead did some box jumps 2 hops and I did not do the Squat thrusters across the bench and instead did a curtsy off the step reaching and tapping step with my hand. I did not want to do anything on my hands. I used to add lots of jumping and used the extra risers and never could get much out of Fitbit. This is the reason I let up doing that workout. I also did CDorner no equipment abs from today, 19 minutes, heart rate 88/110, 42 calories, 125 steps. There was no planks in this one, but I won't do it again as the chat was awful, discussing Kegals and it went on to breaking straws and guys private parts and lots of giggling and laughing. Don't mind the laughter at all and having fun, but not that conversation topic and I would not want to hear it again. The thing is when they mentioned males P..... I thought what if I had children in the room? Sheesh.
I finished with Step Boss Chair Stretch, 16 minutes, heart rate 77/88, 25 calories. Total time spent was 83 minutes, 376 calories, 4,799 steps.

Here is an article about the horse dewormer Ivervectin. I would worry myself, unless it was prescribed and used by a doctor. I have heard this mentioned on the news. Here's Why People Are Taking Horse Dewormer To Help With COVID-19 (suggest.com)

Debbie, why would your cousin take horse dewormer which is a medication that could cause problems and avoid what the doctors were offering? It makes no sense. I am really sorry to hear all of this. If she has a health care provider monitoring her, they should be informed what she is using imo. That workout that you did today is nice when you need to get something in. I hate those days when I have to rush to get something in. I have two days next week that I have to go out early and am unsure if there will be any time at all for a workout. To be honest I rarely read the guidelines for most groups if there are any. Most of them, is just language and bickering and that sort of thing in those guidelines. I have never read a complaint anywhere on that subject. I think I have tried a lot of instructors due to what others have posted. That is how their following grows.

Belinda, nice work with Carolines Summit legs and yoga today.

Jolie nice work on the walk and the P90X arms and shoulders workout. I am glad that you are enjoying it. That is wonderful that your dog is doing so well and now able to eat and drink with no problem.

No call from that job I applied for yet. Now they have 165 applicants. :(

This morning I did Caroline Girvan's Beast Mode Full Body Workout which is Day 4. I skipped the Glute and Hamstring one because I just don't like those kinds of floor workouts. I did deadlifts in place of a set of lunges she does in this one because she does several sets of different types of lunges. My knees can only take so much. Loved this workout. The music has got to go, though. I tried listening to my own music but then I couldn't hear the timer go off. And when I was doing pushups that was a problem. Oh well.

4 set each exercise, 40 seconds on/20 seconds off

Renegade Rows: 15's (Alternating row in plank position)
Couldn't believe I could do this one. I did do one set as normal rows
Elevated Heel Squats: 15's for 2 sets/20's for 2 sets (she elevates her heels on yoga bocks which I find crazy, I used plates)
Chest Press: 20's
Dead Stop Lunges on Yoga Block: 15's (these are similar to BSS's but forward)
Shoulder Press: 12's (I did 4 sets and went to failure on the last set)
Static Lunges (Deadlifts): 15's
Dead Stop Pushups (Face Plants) - did all on my toes
Reverse Half Lunges: 15# (Alternating side with each set)
Arms Crossed Situps: 50 on/10 off (killer)
30/30/30/30 no rest:
1/2 Rep Squats: BW
1/2 Press Pushups
Repeat

This workout was 41 minutes. Loved it. I really like how you just follow her and she doesn't talk. It's incrdible that she works out in a little corner of her house with only dumbbells and a mat. Such great workouts.

Belinda - How are you liking Epic III? I might do that next. Or I might start with Epic I and move up to III. Not sure. I really like Beast Mode. Caroline is a Beast! LOL! Great job on your Summit workout.

Jolie - Nice job with your workouts!! Glad your dog is doing so well, that is awesome!! Good decision you made there. I don't get the horse dewormer either. She should just take what the hospital wants to give her. Weird.

Diane - OMG! I can't believe that about the workout you did by Chris and talking about male body parts. WTH is she thinking? I really do like her workouts but her constant chatting with people gets on my nerves. Why are people typing messages to her when they should be working out with her? It's annoying. Thanks for that link, I read it. I wouldn't take it, that is crazy. My cousin and her family are farm people and have horses, alpacas and goats and probably way more. Maybe they know something about that drug that we don't. Still, reading what you sent didn't instill confidence in me!!

Have a great workout everyone!!

Good morning,

ENDURING Upper Body Workout - Complex Training | EPIC III Day 22 is done.

Debbie - I love Epic III. What I love about her workouts they are slow and controlled. You can go as heavy as you want. She even takes breaks during her workouts. I wanted to start Epic I than work myself up to II, she posted Epic III so I ended up doing Epic III. Give them a try, I think you would like it. I like the rotations she puts out more than doing a workout here and there. I don't do her HiiT workouts. I walk instead. I haven't done a CL since I started doing her workouts, lol. My physical therapist told me not to do deep squats, they hurt my knees. You still work our muscles. The Elevated Heel Squats I use the topper from my step, works much better than a yoga block, IMO! It is crazy she workouts out in such a small space with little equipments. I also play my own music while I do her workouts. Great job this morning.

Diane - nice job with your step workout yesterday.

Jolie - how is your fur baby doing?

Roselyn - great job yesterday.

BBL

Today is my oldest son's 21st birthday, where does the time go! He is really upset because the University of Nevada is trying to kick out all of the students who refuse to get vaccinated. He already had Covid so his antibodies work better than the vaccine. He has been on the phone all morning with my dad coming up with a good rebuttal for his religious beliefs so hopefully that works. If religious beliefs do not work, why even have religion? What is wrong with this world. Enough talk about this, I know I promised not to discuss this dumb issue anymore, on to my workout. I walked outside today, 1 hour 36 minutes, traveled 4.7 miles and burned 887 calories. Wow, was it hot and humid today. We had the biggest electrical storm last night, which we never have in So Cal, and it was so tropical out today. Heart rate was 134/181. I am loving my new shoes, my feet are doing so much better with the Saucony brand vs Adidas because there is so much more cushion. My knees are happy too!

Debbie, great job on the total body workout. I might have to try that one soon. I am liking P90X but I can alternate those workouts into week, it wouldn't hurt. I would stop by the location and go introduce yourself and leave a copy of your resume with them so you stand out and show how serious you are about the job. I have done that before and it works.

Belinda, great job with the upper body workout today. My dog is doing great, I am so happy for him. I find out Friday what the tumor is, I have a feeling it will not be good but at least he can live a viable life as long as God wants him to remain on this earth with me. How is Sadie?

Diane Sue, I cannot believe that C Donner had that conversation during her workout!!! I would not do that workout again. Nice job yesterday with your workout.

BBL to read the posts for the day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.