Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for November 2019

Jolie - I may do the Body Blast Timesaver or I will do a month yoga/barre with one full body workout a week? I am still not sure what I want to do. Enjoy your rest day. Have lots of fun with your son and parents.

Debbie - how are you doing?

Roselyn - good job on the Hiit!

Diane - nice job today.

Reactions: WD
Hi all!! I am actually feeling better. I was really stressed and busy with work again today, but I didn't do too bad with pain. I didn't get a chance to do my stretches but plan on it tomorrow morning. I'd like to walk about a mile on my treadmill as well so we'll see. I am definitely getting better, though.

Nice going on your workouts today!!

Diane - So glad to see you lifting again. Just be careful and I know you are!

Belinda - Are you enjoying the rotation you are doing? Looks like fun workouts.

Jolie - Have fun with your parents and son and have a great Thanksgiving with them!! Sorry your husband will miss out on it. Having to work sucks. Wish we could just do whatever we wanted to do!

Roselyn - Great job with Hiit!

Good morning,

Chiseled Upper Body plus BarreAmped LB & Pretzel is done. The total time on both barre lower body = 25 min.

Debbie - glad you starting to feel better. Yes, I do enjoy the Oct rotation. I am done with the rotation tomorrow. Not sure, what I will do next? Enjoy your workout today.

I will be back later.

CL 273 Metabolic Mish Mosh this morning for 51 minutes. I liked it - there is some jumping for the cardio in this one. Some fun weight combos too.

I only did the stretches today even though I felt pretty good when I got up this morning. Now it's starting to bother me again. Sitting at my desk all day really wreaks havoc on my body, I hate it. I try to get up every hour to stretch and walk and although it does help, I still get all tight again. Frustrating.

Hoping to be able to do something on Monday. I will keep my stretching going this weekend.

Good morning! Today I had a great walk, my son ran on the elliptical next to me and we had a great talk while I walked. 75 minutes, 5.5 incline, 3.3 pace and I walked 4 miles. I burned 645 calories. Boy the time fly by and we got to catch up too!

Belinda, great workout today. I think I am going to do a lot of walking and some Cathe Live workouts along with Cathe DVD workouts for next month. I want to loose some weight so walking always is the best thing to help me drop some pounds and body fat.

Debbie, I hope you feel better soon and get to start working out next week. I am so sorry that you job has been stressful the last two days :(

Doreen, i have not done that Cathe Live workout yet, the Metabolic ones are tuff stuff! Great job!

BBL to read your posts, i have to go to the grocery store, these boys eat so much food!

Have a nice Friday. It i supposed to be 80 degrees this weekend so we are going to the beach!

Jolie - sounds like a great plan. I love walking. Glad you got your walk and talk in with your son. Enjoy the beach. It snowed the other day. It's 54 right now tonight it will drop to 27. Very cold.

Today I did Jessica Smith Walk Strong and Have Fun: steady ready go, 31 minutes, heart rate average 144 max 173, 207 calories met 7.9, , 3,187 steps. I then did Lite Strong Body Stacked Sets Lower body, 45 minutes, met 5.1, 975 steps, 203 calories. Total time was 76 minutes, 410 calories, 4,162 steps.
Last night my internet went out and when it started back up I had to reboot the system. Only my husbands laptop, the television, and Roku worked. Everything else did not work. I kept shutting my computers down and nothing I did would get the internet back up. Troubleshooting told me what I already knew. So, this morning I got up and internet was still down on my laptop. I unplugged the system and hooked back up and that time, I got things running. I was thinking that I was going to have to go to Cox link to reset the system. Anyway, I was off the internet last night. My grandson came over and my husband was off, we went to my grandson's house and helped get the trampoline grounded and set up the basketball pole. Then we came home and I stuffed myself with cheesy bread and cinnamon bread since all I had was a zone bar today. I will have to be careful tomorrow. I am sure I will pay tonight.
I chose lower body today and a lighter cardio to let some things have a break. I am thinking maybe I won't do chest and shoulders as they get work with PT exercises and stretches. My shoulders were a tad sore after the triceps and back. Not terrible, but I think a couple of days at least off of those areas might be wise.
Stacked Sets Lower body
2 rounds of a group of moves then two rounds of another group of moves A and B
barbell squats 12# dumbbells first round 25# barbell 2nd round
alternating cross tap lunges 8# dumbbells
Barbell plie squats (bar in front) I used 12# dumbbell both rounds (helps keep my shoulders down and back)
alternating rear lunge with 2/2 deadlift 10# dumbbells
side to side pivoting squats 12# dumbbells
repeat all for part B

Round 2 A and B moves
static lunges 10# db
wide squat to side lunge 8# db
wide stance deadlift 25# barbell
forward-diagonal lunge combo 8# dbs
side/ crossback /side lunge combo
repeat all for part B

Debbie, I am glad that you are doing better. Sitting in one position for hours wreaks havoc on the joints and muscles. I find myself slumping as time goes by. Some places setup standing desks. With all of my work I still tend to have areas that tighten up. I am really having to work on the opposite side my problem started on. I am being careful of the workouts. Just keep working at it. Hopefully next week is less stressful.

Roselyn, nice work on Hiit.

Belinda nice work. You have some good ideas for another workout plan.

Jolie, the walking workout with a visit with your son sounds perfect.

Just a note, Kelly says she now has her complete dvd library up on her Raw channel. Not bad for the 6.99 fee a month.

Good morning,

RWH Low Impact HiiT Two Plus abs 2 and BarreAmped Bounce Int-Adv (21 min) is done. The bounce workout was a lot of fun.

I will be back later to catch up on personals.

I compared the premixes in Lite PHA2 and Step Boss PHA3, the premix format is the same. They identical! The premixes are all just strung together, I really don't need to buy dvd's anymore, I can do the premixes with just the downloads, IMO. I am still waiting for Step Sync premixes. Hopefully the step workout looks better before I cancel my dvd preorder. The only reason I ordered dvd, I was hoping for more complex premixes instead of just strung together.

I went for a bike ride this morning and hit some trails for about 7 miles. Some were still covered with snow and ice and I had to get off and walk. But it was a nice morning and it was enjoyable to be outside.

I stopped by the thrift last night and oh boy did I hit the jackpot!! I think someone had unloaded their workout library. I got about 5 of KCM DVDs - Meltdown, Strength and Stamina, Muscle Up, Split Sesstions, Plateau Buster, and a handfull of other lesser known DVDs that looked interesting. I left behind the All In 18 (I have it and it was missing a disc) and a stack of Jillian Michaels. I had to comb through the shelves the make sure I didn't miss any that might be hiding. I actually debated on getting the KCM because she had just announced that all her DVDs are now on RAW but for $2 each it was too hard to pass up having the premixes. (I may need them someday if we move out of high-speed internet range - right?)

Debbie - I have a contraption at work that allows me to raise my monitors and keyboard so I can stand and work. It helps but I can't stand all day or my legs and back hurt just about as bad as sitting.

Belinda - I hear you on the DVD premixes - But I'm still keeping my DVD order. The Lite series downloads I think they said they shot in 4K and my Windows media server streaming to Roku can be a bit distorted with the Lite series downloads - I think their technology is more advanced than mind now and those videos contain too many pixels (?)

Jolie - nice to get to walk with your son! I alway envisioned that I would run with my kids when they got older but neither of them like running and I gave it up a couple years back because of foot pain. Sometimes we will bike together but you really can't chat while biking - especially mountain biking if you are riding single track.

Doreen - you did hit the jackpot :) Have fun with your new dvd's. I have lots of Cathe's downloads, they play fine. I guess, I am done with dvd's. I find downloads more eco friendly than dvd's. No need for storage, easier when I go on vacation than dvd's. I am a little disappointed in the premixes. Cathe uses the same format in others dvd's :(

Yesterday I had my granddaughter here and just did Jane Adams Morning energy yoga and You Tube Jessica Smith dynamic stretch along with some PT and rolling. This was 45 minutes and 75 calories. Both the yoga and stretch were more active. I also did a few minutes of Kelly's Your Healthy Back on the Raw channel with her 30 minutes to fitness dvds on it. I forgot today, or I would have done the whole workout.
Today I did Jessica Smith Build Balance and Inner Strength: Balance and Agility with the band, 30 minutes, heart rate average 111 max 144, met 5.0, 166 calories, 1039 steps. I then did Jane Adams 7 day yoga desk work, met 2.0, 19 minutes, 32 calories. Total time was 64 minutes, 198 calories.

Doreen, I recently purchased a 4K Roku and my last dvd player was a Blu-ray 4K. It takes awhile to upgrade everything and something else will probably come up as soon as I get what I have upgraded.
I think it is best to be able to move from standing to sitting alternating. Staying in one position can sure mess things up. I sit my laptop and on top of a children's lunch box that is an old and metal. I put it on the kitchen counter and that gives enough lift so things are eye level.

Belinda, I just like it when there are premixes where I can split body parts when I need to. Working around things that need breaks is difficult when everything is set up as total body workouts. I really wish the cardio workouts did not throw in the light weights to intensify the cardio. I know I can leave the weights out, but I don't care for having to do that.

Roselyn, I am sorry that you are having pain right here at the last. Sending prayers out for you.

Last edited:
No workout for me today. Still working on what to do next week.

Roselyn - yeah, for finishing school Sorry about the pain :(

Diane - there isn't a full body premix? Your full body premix is the main workout. Their isn't a full body premix , your full workout is your main workout. If you compare the premixes to the downloads, their isn't anything difficult, IMO!. Maybe it's difficult for some people to do the main workout + abs + stretch :p What is so difficult about that, LOL? Those premixes are not like the older premixes, I agree those where difficult. I do like cardio with weights.

Good morning,

Today DH and I did Chest & Triceps = 25 min plus 10 min abs. I will try to post my workout later.

Have a great Monday, everyone.

Ugh- I forgot to set my alarm this morning and woke up 35 minutes late!! I decided to try a quick workout anyway and grabbed the Ignite by Spri DVD with Ashley Borden I got from the thrift last week. I picked the 25 minute Full Body HIIT workout. I didn't think I was going to like it because it started out only bodyweight moves. But then she really picked some great exercises and though it wasn't the calorie burn they promised I was working hard and had a good workout.

3 exercises repeated 4 rounds - each set of exercises got harder and the reps decreased. So for example in round 1 it was 10 pushups, 10 situps, 10 air squats but by the last round it was 4 manmakers!

This morning I did Low Max, 70 minutes, 465 calories, meet 7,5, heart rate 145 average, 178 max, 6,038 steps. I finished with Lite Extended Stretch 1, 13 minutes, 33 calories, met 3.5. Total time was 83 minutes, 498 calories. I have to get out to the store today, Things keep coming up and plans are thwarted. Tomorrow is ladies game day and it is a bit of a drive to another city. I keep wanting visit a friend in a nursing home that is in the city I am going to, so I will see if I can do that as well. Probably not workout.

Belinda, I should look at the premixes. I ordered both dvds and downloads, I don't like having to use HDMI to use my laptop to view downloads. I just get them as a back up for when I am away from home, or one time when power went out and I did a workout on my laptop that still had enough battery for a short workout. I am not wanting a full body premix. I just would like some body part premixes for when I need to eliminate something which happens a lot lately.

Doreen, I do not like my day thrown off like that. Nice that you came up with something short that worked out for you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.