Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for November 2019

Hi everyone,

Today I took a short walk with the dog outside and did SBF stretching.

Jolie - aww...thank you for your kind words. I also love to cook. I don't do a lot of backing, the class was a lot of fun. I love Giada's food. I have to look that one up. WOW, on your walk and calorie burn. Congrats to your son on winning the game. Your cleanse juice sounds amazing.

Roselyn - I am glad your surgery went well. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Doreen - it was a lot of fun. I will defiantly go to another one, with the same group of girls.

Diane - it will be a nice dessert for TG. I am glad I put it in the freezer, lol. Great job on the JS workouts.

Good night, everyone.

Reactions: WD
CL step & pump this morning. And a shirt bike ride this morning. The trails are still snow covered but the bike Lanes on the roads are open so I did that.

So Saturday I woke up and was in pain again with knots galore in my upper back. I was fine on Friday so I decided to try a different pillow. The one I have is a memory foam pillow which is rock hard and very high. I went to the store and bought a My Pillow because my husband has one and said he likes it a lot. The one I got was recommended for women but it is really soft and I didn't think I would like it. Well, I slept on it Saturday night and woke up Sunday with minimal pain and knots and this morning I felt great after sleeping on it again. I'm not sure that is what has made this better but I'm glad I am feeling almost normal again, I still have a bit of tightness in the neck area but other than that, I feel fine.

I did a walk/jog on my treadmill this morning because I'm still scared of doing weights. I was able to job without issues so I'm happy about that. Workout was 45 minutes, burned 354 calories, went 2.6 miles and did 5932 steps. HR was136/179.

Hopefully I'll be good to go here soon.

I read your posts and will be back hopefully later to do personals. Have a great day and workouts!!

Good morning,

This morning I did SBF Leg Work using Barre moves = 30 min. This week I only will do barre and walk. My sinus is still bordering me, I think the meds are finally kicking in. Will take it easy this week. I will go for another walk outside later.

Debbie - I am so sorry you still dealing with those knots in your upper back. I hope you feel better soon.

Roselyn - thinking about you.

I will be back later.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Step 3, 44 minutes, 304 calories, met 8.3, heart rate average 145, max 170, 4,101 steps. I modified some of the weight work in between the step segments. I wore my 4# vest. That is all that I did because I thought that I had grandchildren coming over. They will probably be over tomorrow so I spent time getting the house cleaned and things ready for family Thanksgiving day.

Jolie, I love baking as long as someone is here to share. I make lots of yummy desserts. I bake things for the ladies brunch a lot as well. Today I made a Mexican Chicken Tortilla soup from my Fixate cookbook. I always use half the tortillas in it as they have you blend them in the blender with the soup. I don't blend much because I like the soup to still have substance. I buy organic tortillas. This time I picked up the Food For Life sprouted corn tortillas. They give a lot of flavor with just a couple of the tortillas in it. You toast them in the oven first. Now I have some soup for awhile :) Great that you son's team one the game :) I avoid driving in snow. I have only purchased one gift and it was a set of books called Winnie the Horse Gentler that I bought for my granddaughter awhile back when I saw the price on the whole set. They are generally a lot more. I know she will love them. She has got me into playing a game on the computer called Howrse. LOL My husband says I am addicted because I made him wait till I got done putting my horses to bed before he could eat. Actually there is some areas there that are forums for actual horse owners.

I liked the Jessica Smith Ballet workout. It was more movement based, not difficult though.

Belinda, my sinuses are bothering me. Really it is just itchy down through my sinuses. I ended up not being able to sleep last night because of it. I got up and read for awhile. I don't like sinus meds. They make me feel kind of wired or something. I looked at some I had in the cupboard from last years sinus infection and decided this was not severe enough for me to go there. Nice that you are still getting your workouts in.

Debbie, I bought my husband and I My Pillow's and I made the mistake of buying the bigger ones. I bought the premium ones. I gave my husband mine which I think was a better size for him and took the huge one and took out about half of the stuffing. Now it works for me. It was way to high and I felt like my head was getting lost in it. The PT asked if I could make it support my neck. At first, before I took out stuffing I used the small roll and go one along with the Mckenzie neck roll (3inch diameter) and made sure I stayed on my back. I put the pillow under my head with the roll under my neck. It helped so much. Now I use the my pillow and use the roll. I do not put the roll inside the pillow case like pictured on the Mckenzie book and instructions. I also use it if I am propped on the couch. I work on angles and neck support because just sitting on the couch or in my car can set off my neck. I don't get it, but I put the small my pillow behind my back when driving and I guess it adjust the angle I am and it helps my neck. My PT did say that some of the neck rolls are too big. I think My Pillow has one and it was something like 6 inches. That would not work unless it flattened a lot.

Roselyn, sending prayers for fast recovery.

Doreen, nice work with CL and a bike ride.

This morning I took the chance and did RAW Home Gym Intervals #1. I went really light with the weights and did ok with it. Still have knots in my back that just don't want to go away. I used my therapy ball afterwards to release some of the tension, it helped.

Each interval was 1 minute:

Squats - 10's
Cardio
Front Curls - 8's
Cardio
Squat/Alternate Pledge - 8's
Cardio
Goblet Squat/Calf Raise - 10#
Cardio
Front Raise - 10#
Cardio
Plie w/Upright Row - 8's
Cardio
Kickstand Deadlifts - 10's
Cardio
Overhead Dumbbell Extension - 8#
Cardio
Deadlifts/Kickbacks - 10's
(I just did deadlifts)

Workout was 28 minutes, burned 214 calories, HR was 144/177.

I also walked on my treadmill for another 17 minutes, burned an extra 109 calories, went .85 mile and 2047 steps. HR was 119/132.

Be back later!

Good morning,

SBF D9 Upper Body 3 is done. The workout was standing upper body. My shoulders are about to fall off, lol.

Debbie - your workout this morning looks great. Nicely done.

Diane - I don't like taking sinus meds. I don't take over the counter sinus meds. Sometimes it's better not to take meds right away. Nice job on your workout as well.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in today.

Today I did Lite Metabolic Blast mix main+pyramid back+abs, 55 minutes, 288 calories, met 5.0, heart rate average 110, max 163 (Fit Bit must have went crazy) 1,520 steps. Grandchildren should be coming so I need to get myself put together.
Weights
curl press wwith lunge/side lunge with abduction 5#
one arm snatch 8#
4 jabs/4 jabs across/ 4 leg abductions/squat 5#
forward leaning rear delt fly with curl press 8#
squat lunge/ squat press 5#
8 pass under lunges 10#/8 traveling lunges 8#
squat with 2 small jumps/lunge kick lunge stand 8# dbs
cross back lunge with lateral raise/1 front raise/ upright row 5# dbs
3 squat press/ 1 goal post press/2 singles 5# dbs
rear lunge with torso twist 8# dbs
alternating biceps curls with leg extension 8# dbs
front/lateral raise with calf pumps 3's
scare crow lifts with hamstring curls 3# dbs
side plank with front angle rear delt raise 3# db
weighted sit ups 5# dbs
chest fly with glute squeeze 8# dbs
press and pullover 8# dbs
swimmers no weight

Pyramid Pump back
pullover 12/10/8/10/12 reps 8/10/12/10/8# dbs
1 arm fly 12/10/8/10/12 reps 5/8/10/8/5 # db

This morning I did CL #44 Step Sweat. This was fun - except she messed up at the end and then didn't run through the completed combos a second time. I don't know how she remembers all that anyway! And talks and does the workout at the same time!

Doreen, I think I remember one of those workouts that she goes back and has you do something that she missed. It seems like she would have a list somewhere near, but of course it would look off if she stepped away to look at it.

Belinda, I only take natural supplements for my allergies and even that I try to avoid if at all possible. Those sinus meds speed up the heart, mess with blood pressure, and dry out everything. I need moisture and not being dried out. Saline, moisturizing eye drops, and honey and lemon help. I have been using some bee propolis throat spray in the evenings and some oregano oil in a bit of water. It has a dropper and I knocked it over last night. Wiped it up with a towel and I bet my laundry all smells like that oil.

Debbie, I don't know what to tell you about the knot. I still have a recurring one on my left side. It is much better, but still tends to get there.

No workout yesterday or today, I feel a bit under the weather so I decided not to workout so I wont get sick for my trip. There is going to be too much snowfall for me to drive now, the Sierra Nevada mountains which I have to go through is getting over 10 feet of snow! Caltrans said it will take a driver, if the road is even open, 3 times longer to drive the route. My husband said, forget it, and bought me an airline ticket, which at the last minute cost $750! However, instead of 10 hours of driving it is a 1 hour 20 minute flight and it is direct. I am very happy about not having to drive by myself, but the cost of the ticket just makes me sick! I am packed and ready to go, I have my gym cloths with me, I will workout when my son is at football practice. The game on Saturday is forecasted to have snow! Great! Anyway, I hope you all have the best Thanksgiving and I will be back working out on Monday.

Jolie - safe travels. Enjoy your stay. That is so sweet of your husband. He is a keeper :) I know it's a lot of money but look at this way....you save a lot of travel time, not worry about getting stuck in the snow/delay due to snow. We once drove to TX with our RV in the winter, never again. We totaled our RV. DH slit on ice, nothing he could do. Luckily, no-one got hurt. My kids all flew to TX, it only took them a few hours. I regret driving our RV in the winter instead of driving. Never again! Driving 10 hours by yourself is dangerous especially during a blizzard. I would rather spent the $$ and fly. Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the game.

Jolie, have a fun trip and take stuff to bundle up while watching the game. I was never good at sitting in bleachers with freezing cold wind on me. No matter how much I bundled, I never felt war. My daughter always takes blankets with her. They didn't buy season tickets to the OSU games this year.

Jolie - Have a great Thanksgiving and have fun with your son! Glad you are flying, driving would have been crazy!! Have fun! I am no where near ready for Christmas. I haven't even thought of buying gifts yet.

Roselyn - You are already working out? They must have really changed hip replacements since my mom had it done, she was in rehab for 8 weeks the first time and only 2 weeks for the other one. Are you in pain at all? Are you able to walk pretty well already?

Diane - Nice workout today, you are back at it. I bet it feels great!! I am right now using my therapy ball because I have knots again. I cannot figure out why this won't go away. All the other pain is gone, I just have these tight knots. :(

Belinda - It's good to see you in that picture with you at cooking class!! You look great and you looked like you were having a lot of fun!! Nice workout today!

Roxie - Sorry your job has been so stressful lately. Wow. I hope it slows down for you soon.

Doreen - Glad you are enjoying Cathe Live. I think she has a board where her exercises are written down. I see her looking to the wall and it looks like she is reading something. Nice job with your workout!

Have a great evening everyone!!

Just walked on my treadmill again today and did some stretches. Still have knots. Wondering why they just won't go away? I've been using my therapy ball on these knots for weeks and although I get relief right afterwards, they are back the next day. Very frustrating. I have changed the way I sit and type at work, I've used the standing desk and that seems to help. I'm hoping by next week I will have total relief from these damn knots.

I probably won't be doing much tomorrow unless I walk a bit on my treadmill to make up for the huge dinner I will be eating. I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Good morning,

SBF D10 Barre Hiit = 27 min is done. In-between lower body barre she did 1 min intervals, all where low impact. I will try to go for a walk later. I also did some leg ext./curls/ leg abductions/squats w/calve raises/15-20 reps/3 sets.

Debbie - thank you :) We had a blast at the baking class. Great job on your walk this morning. I hope with lots of rest and stretching you will get rid of those knots. Have you used a heating pad? Hope you feel better soon.

Roselyn - can't believe you already working out. Glad you are taking it easy.

Wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving tomorrow. I will workout tomorrow.

This morning I did Party Rock'n Step 1, 55 minutes, 353 calories, heart rate average 141, max 173, 5,022 steps met 7.0. I then did Jane Adams 7 for your day practices Morning Yoga, 18 minutes, heart rat 86 average, 107 max, 21 steps, 30 calories, met 2.0. Total time 73 minutes, 383 calories, 5,043 steps.

Roselyn, be careful with the workouts. I am amazed!

Belinda, nice workout mix this morning

Debbie, I don't know what to tell you about those knots. The one side for me is great, but then again that is the shoulder that had the steroid injection. I am still battling the knots on my left side, but, the are much better. It has been months of work. I really stretch that side often and use the therapy balls. I think both definitely work together. I asked about a stretch that would get into that left rhomboid rear area and she showed me one that I do and it does get a good stretch. She had me sit on a chair and bend over, knees out to the sides and reach the lower part of the opposite chair leg with the arm and lean out to stretch it. Not sure if that is a good description. I do that several times a day and any time it feels tight. When it gets real tight it almost feels like it is pinching.

I did CL #11 Metabolic Circuit Blast this morning - 45 minutes. It was not what I was expecting. I was thinking it would be more weights but it was almost all cardio... and lots of jumping. I did as much as I could on my rebounder. Then I did a Strength & Stamina premix with one set + swings.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.