Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for November 2019

I'm finally getting through a day without constantly rubbing the back of my shoulder. It is getting better. This morning I walked on my treadmill for about 1.5 miles and felt fine doing that. Then I did a half hour of stretches for my neck, etc. Still have a few knots, not sure why they won't loosen up?

I will try to be back later for personals. I've read all your posts, I just don't have time to respond.

Reactions: WD
Good morning, 95 degrees here yesterday and it is close to 90 today!!! WTF? Anyway, I walked on my Treadmill today, incline between 5.0 and 8.0, speed was 3.2 to 3.4, 3.8 miles, 70 minutes and I burned 678 calories. It is hard to workout when it is this hot, I have to really push myself. WE are supposed to get some rain the next two days so I look forward to that after the weather we have had.

Debbie, I stood up at work for over 5 years with a stand up desk because my back just couldn't take sitting anymore. I think you should look into the Veradesk that they advertising on TV! I hope you feel better soon.

Diane Sue, great job on the Lowmax, that is a great workout. I love Cathe's older workouts for some reason, I think because they are so well thought out and move at a pace that is good for me!

Roselyn, great job on getting your Cosmetology school completed. I hope your hip is nice to you the next couple of days and I hope your surgery goes well. You will be as good as new in no time!

Doreen, wow on the dvd score at the thrift store this weekend!!!!!! I am impressed that you mountain bike, that is really hard and sometimes dangerous! My boys always rode at the ski lifts in our local ski mountain, also at Mammoth Mountain were we vacation.

Belinda, nice workout with your husband this morning. I have never worked out with my husband, he wont do it with me:(

I have to go back and read some earlier posts since I was busy with family all weekend long.

Have a wonderful day, mine will be hot!

Here is my workout from this morning.
Warm up:
Push ups
Tri dips

Workout: 30 sec work/20 sec rest/3 sets each exercise. I did 3 sets of chest presses than moved on to the next exercise.

Chest press
Skull Crusher
Supine Pull Overs
Close Grip Press
1 Arm Triceps Kick Backs/switch side
Chest Fly
Single Arm Skull Crusher/switch side

Jolie - DH wants to workout with me, otherwise he doesn't get a workout in. I do have to get up early in the morning and workout before he goes to work. We workout early in the morning before he goes to work. Can you please sent some of your weather my way :) It's freezing cold in WV. WOW, on that cal burn.

Debbie - glad you starting to feel better. WTG, this morning.

Diane - I am not trying to talk you or anyone else out of buying dvd's. It just doesn't make sense for me to add/buy more dvd's if I get the same with just downloads. Especially since I am in the progress of downsizing. Just doesn't make sense to buy dvd's anymore. Like I said, every premix I can just do with downloads. I really don't need a dvd for doing those premixes. I am trying to become a minimalist. When I visit my kids in DC, both have no dvd player. Everything is digital. I do need to go through my huge dvd collection and get rid off workouts I know I will never use. I hear you on the hard copy, it's nice to have. Honestly I don't need downloads & the dvd. I use my computer to stream or play my dvd's 99%. I have a set of speakers that I hook up to my PC, that's all I need.

If anyone anyone wants my dvd preorder let me know before I cancel. We can work something out.I am waiting for the last premix before I cancel.

Diane - I hear you on the dvd. My computer is always fully charged, lol. I don't bring dvd's on vacation anymore, I stream or use my computer for everything. I also use my phone. It works for me.

Good morning,

Today I worked my Quads & Calves. I also did D2 UB of SBF Gratitude Challenge 2019.Yesterday I started SBF Gratitude Challenge 2019, I did Day 1 Interval 7. My triceps are sore from yesterday's workout. I like those short workouts. I will try to post my workout later.

Have a great workout and day, everyone.

So did I read your posts correctly? All of Kelly's DVD's are on the RAW channel? Why would she do that? You would think she'd be losing money. But I guess if she has a good fan base that is registered, she is probably doing pretty well. I need to go check it out, I haven't been on there since I injured myself.

I am feeling really good, only a bit of tightness on my left side. I really want to start lifting but I'm afraid to. Diane - how long did you wait to workout after you felt better? I know I will start out using light weights and work my way back up, but I'm still afraid of irritating it again. I will probably wait until Thursday or Friday and then do a lighter workout.

Today I got on my treadmill for about a half hour again, then did my stretches. I set my FB for yoga and then forgot to turn it off after I was done and noticed it on the way to work. I burned 614 calories with those stretches. LOL!!!

Hope you all have great workouts!

Today I did Cathe Live, Upper Body with Ball, workout #52 and had a great workout. I only did half of the AB section because it is so long and I got bored :( Workout was 54 minutes and I burned 406 calories. I like these ball workouts, the pace is slower and you can either go heavier with less reps or lighter with more reps than what Cathe does on the ball. Today, I went lighter and more reps and had a great workout. I like lifting less weight lately, less injuries for me when I train this way. I am over being really bulky anyway, I never can get the body fat low enough to look really cut except in my shoulders and arm areas. I look at pictures of really young women and aspire to look like that, what a crock! I am 53 and probably can never look like that again so I just have to get it out of my mind. However, my goal is to look like the best older person as I can, fit, flexible, in shape cardiovascular wise and able to do whatever I want in life. Heck, my mom skied the other year at 84 years old! It is hard for me to give up my youth in every aspect, getting older scares me a bit, everything that comes with it in terms of health issues.

Debbie, I am so glad you are feeling better today!!!!! I hope by the end of the week you might be able to lift really lite DB's!

Belinda, great workout today!

Doreen, great CL Step workout today!

Running late for an appointment, BBL to read your posts. It is supposed to rain tonight for the next couple of days and it was 94 degrees yesterday! Weird weather out West.

Have a GREAT day!

No workout today and I did not make it to ladies game day. I just do not feel well and can't stop coughing. Just resting today. I did get out yesterday and get some shopping done.

Debbie, yes, Kelly her 30 minute to Fitness workouts on her Raw channel. I guess I could go back up and try her Your Healthy Back. I did a few minutes of it the other day. It is much longer than I expected. At first when my neck started bothering me around July, I was just trying the work around the painful area. Usually that works and it just goes away. It got worse and I was really afraid of most strength work. Eventually I just stopped most of it with and did a little lighter cardio and lower body work that I could do with ankle weights. Picking up dumbbells hurt. Even light ones. Picking up my blow dryer hurt. It got that bad. I don't think I really went back to weights till recently. Only light weights and I have not went out for regular shoulder work since I am still doing PT exercises and have gradually been able to do a few things (short) on my hands like down dog and some things like abs that have you in a plank. Those things tend to tense my neck and aggravate. Plus I am constantly trying to remember shoulders down and back, shoulder blades pulled together through everything. I am still afraid of setting something off.
I just looked at my calendar, and I really started back with some strength work with a little upper October 23. So it was not that long ago, and I am still on the light side of things.

Jolie, your weather sounds nice. We have had the heat on a lot lately. Today it is 71 here and then they are talking about colder weather and rain later this week and something about snow next week. We definitely have lots of fluctuating temperatures. I think a good portion of those pictures are photoshopped. They also use the perfect angles and photography tricks. I quit buying fitness magazines. Actually I quit buying women's magazines. I got tired of looking and the pathetic things that people are accepting as normal or pushing at young people. I see so many out of shape women that can't do what I do and I am fine with aging.

Belinda, great job on the workouts. I understand that the convenience of streaming workouts and downloads work for you and you do go to visit your children often. I just prefer my large television. I cannot imagine doing a workout with my cell phone or tablet at all. I know there are those that do that. My new laptop is a larger screen. I like it :) My husband wanted a smaller laptop and I find it ridiculous how much more you pay for that.

Doreen, nice work on Steptastic. I don't remember that one by name, but I think I did all of the step workouts on CL when I had it.

Jolie - ditto what Diane said about aging. I am fine with aging. Sent me some sunshine, ok.

Diane - I just canceled my preorder after seeing the last step premix. The premixes are just strung together. I am done with buying dvd's. My laptop has a larger screen too. I do have to admit I used my phone for workouts in the past. As long as, I can hear I can workout I don't have a problem, lol. Hope you feel better. Get some rest!

LAST DAY OF SCHOOL TOMORROW!!

Today was shoulder work

My hip surgery is thursday I am nervous more about after like will i still be able to lift and do cardio

Finally have time for some personals. Yikes, I need another 2 hours in my day.

I think I am where Jolie is with working out. Not to get bulky - I'm over that - but to stay lean and healthy. I really wish I could lift two days, do cardio for two days and do yoga for one day. I suppose I could do this, but I get so bored with yoga. There are only so many workouts I have that I like and they just get boring. I just want these injuries to stop. I know doing that pullover with 35# was what started all of this with me. Why did I use that kind of weight for that exercise? :rolleyes:

Jolie - How was your Thanksgiving with your parents? Was your dad able to talk some sense into your son? I can't believe how hot it is where you are, dang! It's been freezing here for some time and we already got snow. So at your recommendation, I ordered a mini versa-desk that I can use when I feel like standing. I cannot sit in that chair for as long as I do anymore, it really kills me. So I took your advice and ordered one today. Can't wait to get it!! A lot of the girls at work have them, but they stand all day long, theirs don't go up and down. No way, I cannot stand that long either. But I think being able to move it up and down when I need to will really help. I'm with you with all you said about working out. Lifting heavy is just leading to injury anymore.

Diane - Nice job with Low Max the other day, that was always such a fun workout, I need to get it out again. I will slowly get back into working out. I know mine isn't half as bad as your injury was (although it did hurt to curl my hair at one point), but it's been frustrating not being able to do anything. I'm even afraid of getting on my Max Trainer because of the way my arms go back and forth. How cool about Kelly having her workouts on RAW. I still can't believe she only charges $6.99 a month. Hope you feel better soon!! Stuff is already going around here too.

Belinda - What workout was the one you did yesterday? Was it just something you did yourself or did you follow a workout? Just curious, it looked good.

Doreen - Great job on your step workout today!! Sounds like a fun one! Sorry you overslept the other day, I hate when that happens!! At least you got something in.

Roselyn - Wow, I can't believe you are done with school, that sure did seem to go fast!! When will you be taking your test? GOOD LUCK on Thursday, OMG, I can't believe you are having that done this week. I think you will be fine with working out, you might have to tweak how you do some exercises, but I'm sure you will be able to do cardio again. What did your doctors say about it? I will keep you in my prayers.

Have a good evening everyone!

Good morning,

Shoulder/ab workout = 25 min + D3 SBF TB Cardio 2 = 21 min is done.

Debbie - my husband wanted to do something like that. I like it.

Roselyn - good luck on Thursday. I will say a prayer for you.

I will not be around much today, I am in DC until Thursday.

Have a great workout and day, everyone.

CL 76 Strong Total body this morning. I only did the 40 mintues of the weight work (skipped core at the end) I liked this one - was guessing on weights a bit but picked some challenging weights. I realized at the end there are NO pushups in this workout (yeah- I kinda hate them). Then I popped in plateau buster and did the dumbell moves only premix. I had checked this out from the library ages ago and had a vague recollection that I didn't like it but couldn't remember why. Just doing the dumbell moves I don't remember why at all - I guess in my "everything high intensity days" it just wasn't enough. But picking up heavy enough dumbells would be the key here. I'll have to give the entire workout a try soon.

Today was a repeat of yesterday for me except I did Karen Voight's Yoga Stretch instead of the stretching exercises I've been doing. It felt good, but I definitely need to stretch my neck and have been doing so during the day. Feeling pretty good today.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Good morning, it is raining today and about 68 degrees! Yeah! Today I walked on my TM, 65 minutes, 5.0 to 8.0 incline, 3.1 to 3.4 speed, 3.4 miles and I burned 617 calories. It was really hard for me to get going today, I wake up so tired lately. I am attaching a picture of the sunset over the Pacific Ocean last night, it has been so beautiful the last couple of days, both at sunrise and sunset. I really love living at the beach.

Debbie, I am glad that you ordered the desk. I think being able to stand up and move around more will help your neck, my low back was so much better when I started to stand more at work. My Thanksgiving with my family was great, I am supposed to leave for Reno NV next Wed. to go have Thanksgiving with my son at college but there is supposed to be a 4 day snow storm so I don't know if I want to drive 9 hours by myself to get there. I think we should really not pick up heavy weights for awhile, and concentrate on getting our bodies healthy and pain free. There are so many good workouts that incorporate lighter weights so it shouldn't be a problem finding something to do. I haven't picked up a DB over 20# in over a month and I am feeling a lot less pain. We could do Cathe Live workouts one day and switch to cardio the next. I am not kickboxing right now either because that tends to hurt me sometimes because of the impact. I will just be using my TM till the first of the year and then I will reevaluate my workouts.

Belinda, I am on FB and I will look at KCM's account to find the article about aging :( Great workout today, and have fun in DC.

Doreen, nice job on the Cathe Live workout today and the other one that you did. I went to the Thrift Store yesterday and only found Jillian Michaels and I don't like her workouts at all.

Diane Sue, I hope you get a workout in today. Since it is raining I feel like making soup and putting a fire in the fireplace and reading a good book.

Roselyn, congrats on you finishing school and you will be able to workout and do cardio after your surgery, what does your doctor say.

Have a wonderful day.

Today I did Kelly Coffey Strong and Lean Dvd no shoulders premix and added the bonus extension, 30 minutes, heart rate 108 average, 142 max, met 5.0, 132 calories, 906 steps. I then did Kelly's Your Healthy back using the Raw channel since she has the 30 min to fitness workouts there. This was 32 minutes(not sure why it was labeled 42) met 3.5, 93 calories, 337 steps, heart rate average 100, max 141. I have been wanting to do this and kept thinking of purchasing. It is exercises for strengthening mainly lower back and hips. There is ab work in it as well. Total time was 62 minutes, calories burned 225, 1,245 steps.

Strong and Lean uses one set barbell, one set dumbbells, and one set tubing. I used a 25# barbells, 12 and 10# dumbbells, and med (15# b-lines tubing) high reps
biceps-curls barbell, hammer curls/alternating hammer curls dumbbells, alternating tubing curls
back- overhand rows barbell, plie position rows dumbbells, standing reverse flies tubing
lower body- squats barbell, side to side lunge dumbbells, side to side steps tubing
triceps-barbell dips off of step, skull crusher dumbbells, seated triceps extensions tubing,
chest- bench press barbell, single arm fly alternating dumbbell, seated fly/peck dec tubing
extended moves were barbell bridges off of step, knee pulls, 1 dumbbell sit ups reaching overhead, lying feet tap on floor to reverse curl up with feet

I will be back to respond to posts. I am running late and have to go out for a bit.

Debbie, I get bored with yoga too. Particularly when it is the same ones over and over. I do have quite a few dvds. I find doing some off YouTube breaks up the monotony somewhat. I hate when I am looking at the clock wondering how much longer. I did that a lot with PT. I liked it better at home because I watched youtube videos while I was doing it. When I was at PT I had the option of looking at other people or looking at a tv that was silent with captions to read. Also not getting a choice of what to look at. If I got the end tables I couldn't see anything. Yoga alone does not do much for the neck and shoulder area. Sarah Beth yoga on youtube does have a couple of good short yoga workouts that are specifically for neck and shoulder area. Similar things with the neck tilt and stuff. Glad you are doing better.

Belinda, have a nice time in DC :)

Doreen, I always do the push ups and dislike them the entire time. I have Plateau Buster and it seems every time I look at it I think there was something I dreaded. I cant recall though. Was there some bonus stuff on that?

Roselyn, I will keep you in my prayers tomorrow.

Jolie, that is a beautiful view. Is that the house you are renting? I read that heavy lifting compresses the spine and can cause damage. I am kind of afraid of lifting real heavy anymore. I think lifting enough to keep the bones strong is good, but not going overboard. My knees and low back have felt better with my changes. Generally when I sit down, I get up carefully just in case my knee gives out. They get stiff and hurt if I sit for long periods. I haven't noticed it lately. I also have not been a lot of jumping cardio. Kelly's kickboxing never seems like it has much impact in it. I know Cathe adds some jacks and jumping into a lot of hers. The Lite Kickboxing is good for no impact. I have some Jillian Michaels and I think I have done most of them once. I think one I only did part of it and quit. The only ones I used quite a bit was the Yoga Inferno and the other one she did. They got the heart rate up a bit and I used them when rehabbing my knee. I just do not care for her personality.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.