Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for November 2019

Well, I did the same thing as I have been, treadmill and stretches. Today I did the neck and shoulder stretches that I have been doing. These knots in my back are weird. One day they are at the top of my shoulder blade, today they are under my shoulder blade on both sides. WTF? What the heck is going on? I brought one of my therapy balls to work and it feels great to lean against the ball in my chair and then push myself back to put pressure on it. I am doing good today other than that. I am itching to workout. Hopefully by Monday. I should be getting my desk conversion thing today. :)

Jolie - that is a beautiful pictures. Is your house behind the one that is shown? Just beautiful!!!

Roselyn - Prayers to you, good luck and check in when you can. I'm hoping your recovery will be easy. My mom had a terrible time with her first side that was done.

Belinda - Have fun in DC!!

Diane - I may give yoga a try and I think I will try that yoga one you suggested on Youtube. Maybe tomorrow? I'll see how I feel. This crap is for the birds.

Doreen - great job with your workout this morning!

So I wonder why Roxie and DOZ won't post anymore. I miss them. :(

This morning I did Cathe Lite Cardio Party mix that is the main workout + the Calorie Crush, 55 minutes, heart rate average 148, max 180, 5,369 steps, 389 calories, met 8.0. I then did Lite Bonus Abs #1, 10 minutes, 35 calories, 66 steps, heart rate 101 average, 128 max, met 4.0. Total time was 65 minutes, 424 calories, 5,435 steps. I also did Sarah Beth Yoga Beginner Neck stretches 10 minutes, foam rolling and PT work. I tried to get another Neck stretch and it kept taking me to something else. I am going to get on my laptop and put the ones I want in my watch list.

Debbie, I feel for you. I get those knots still on the left side. Right is great right now. There are muscles that run under the ones on the surface. I was told that those were what was probably causing the shoulder an neck issues. It is really hard to get those knots out of there. I understand leaning on the ball feeling better. They would put pressure on those trigger points that really hurt at first, but once it released some, I could feel the neck.

Doreen, nice work. I think I may have only done one ride workout that Cathe had. I wish I liked using equipment more than I do. I wrote down the moves to Kelly's Ripped and Ride November. I like that it can be done as an a total body workout and no riding or the riding option which Sammy does while Kelly does ab work on the stability ball. I am a bit worried about all of the shoulder moves in it though. I may try it and do the strength segments that I feel safe doing and ride the bike the rest of the time. I like the ab work segments.

This morning I did Cathe Lite Cardio Party mix that is the main workout + the Calorie Crush, 55 minutes, heart rate average 148, max 180, 5,369 steps, 389 calories, met 8.0. I then did Lite Bonus Abs #1, 10 minutes, 35 calories, 66 steps, heart rate 101 average, 128 max, met 4.0. Total time was 65 minutes, 424 calories, 5,435 steps. I also did Sarah Beth Yoga Beginner Neck stretches 10 minutes, foam rolling and PT work. I tried to get another Neck stretch and it kept taking me to something else. I am going to get on my laptop and put the ones I want in my watch list.

Debbie, I feel for you. I get those knots still on the left side. Right is great right now. There are muscles that run under the ones on the surface. I was told that those were what was probably causing the shoulder an neck issues. It is really hard to get those knots out of there. I understand leaning on the ball feeling better. They would put pressure on those trigger points that really hurt at first, but once it released some, I could feel the neck and shoulder pain lighten up. Keep working at it. I have Yoga Tune Up upper body and use the neck, shoulders, and upper back segments quite a bit. It does get boring though. But they work and there is options of just a 5 minute or 10 minute or both per body area. I like the ball massaging segments at the end of most of them. There is a segment for wrists, but I have only used it a couple of times out of curiosity. There are some of those segments on YouTube.

Good afternoon,

I am still in DC. I went to a backing class in DC with DD, DIL and a friend of my DD. We had a blast making a cake and truffles. Our cakes turned out amazing. I will freeze mine for TG.

Had a monster migraine since this morning, hadn't had one like this in a long time. The meds finally kicked in. I went to the gym, worked my booty, hamstrings & outer tights. I also did SBF Stopwatch Planks.

Roselyn - good luck with your surgery today. Thinking about you.

I will try to be back later. I hope I don't get caught in traffic driving home.

Reactions: WD
Today was my rest day, I went to the Chiropractor and feel good for my trip next week to visit my son for Thanksgiving. I am staying at the Marriot on the river because it is a really nice hotel close to my son and the gym looks awesome :) When my son is at football practice I will be working out too.

Debbie, my house is behind that house shown in the picture. That is my view from my living room and gym room from upstairs. Every night is the most beautiful sunset.. Today there was a giant rainbow.

Have a nice evening and I hope Roselyn's surgery went well.

Diane - Thanks for that Youtube video, I will try it out tomorrow morning.

Jolie - Are you on the southern part of California? I can't believe you are having heat like that there right now. I know it was in the sixties yesterday, but you said it was 95 the other day. I got my versa desk thing today, can't wait to try it!!!

Belinda - Sorry you had a migraine, those suck!! Good job getting a workout in!

Good morning,

Woke up this morning with another monster migraine. My head/noise is stuffed up and I have chills. I will wait until the meds kicks in. Maybe this afternoon I can get a short walk in outside. I was going to work my biceps, I don't think it's a good idea today. I will work my biceps tomorrow.

Jolie - your view sounds lovely :)

Debbie - thank you! I am so sorry your are still dealing with those knots. I hope you feel better soon too.
I am also wondering about Roxie and DOZ. Hope they doing well.

Diane - thanks for the link. I will check it out.

I will be back later.

I wanted to share some pictures of my baking class I took in DC. We made pumpkin dulce de leche layer cake and truffles. The backing class was at MomoMilk LLC (“MILK BAR” or “Bakery”). Apparently they are very famous for their pumpkin dulce de latch layer cake & truffles. You can buy the cake they will ship nation wide. I went with DD, my DIL and a friend of DD. We had a blast. It wasn't cheap for a backing class but so worst it, IMO!

Here is the cake & truffles I made. Everyone got a good laugh at my truffles :p I made mine the size of a Italian meatballs, lol.

Attachments

• Cake.jpeg
    Cake.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Truffles.JPG
    Truffles.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 10
Belinda- looks soo fun! Hope your migraine goes away soon!!

This morning I did the new Live - Power Legs. It was fun! I used my rebounder for all the jacks but the jumping in this one was not that bad! Great workout! Then I stopped before the stretch and did 15 mintues of 181 Jabs and Kicks - which was about one combo - both sides.

Today will be another rest day. I woke up sore from my adjustment yesterday, I feel good, I am just sore. I think it would be smart to not push it so nothing goes wrong. I as going to walk today but I have a hair appointment early and I don't think I have the time this morning. No big deal, i am not going to stress about taking a day off anymore.

Doreen, nice job on Power Legs, I haven't done that workout yet but I have done Jabs and Kicks, I think LOL!

Debbie, I hope you like your new desk. Just to be able to stand up and stretch and work at the same time will probably feel good :)

Belinda, sorry about the migraine, that sounds horrible. Thanks for sharing the photos, you all look like you had the best time and your food looks amazing!

Diane Sue, great job on the workout yesterday. I am happy you are feeling better and I see that your workouts are leaving you without pain! Sometimes we just need to adjust what we are doing to suit our bodies needs.

BBL to read your posts. I hope Roselyn had a good surgery on her hip, wasn't that yesterday or is it today? Prayers for her!!!!

Today I walked on my treadmill again and did the yoga workout Diane posted. That was a good one, wish it was a bit longer.

Belinda - Which one are you in that picture? I want to take a cooking class one of these day. Those truffles look awesome!! Great job on that and the cake looks so yummy!!!

Have a great evening everyone!!

Good Evening,

I did #93 Core Inferno from Morning Meltdown almost finished should have been done by now but life happen. Things at work have taken a weird turn I am now the lead technician ours quit this week after being written up for the second time so I am in charge of all the techs and the schedule and I have to cut everyone’s hours because payroll is to high. Our scheduling program is attached to the other techs email and I don’t have the password so since Tuesday morning things have been crazy.

Debbie-things just get crazy and I don’t take the time to post.

Debbie - thank you! I am the old one, lol :D I am the blonde one between my DD (she is the one with the bandana rapped around her head) and DIL. They gave us all bandanas, my hair is in a pony tail, my hear looks like crap in the picture, lol. My eyes are swollen too. I will freeze the cake for Thanksgiving. DH loved the truffles. DD and her friend in the picture always take cooking classes they always wanted me to go. I didn't plan to go to the baking class. DD and her friend bought their tickets month's ago. DD bought my ticket and my DIL's ticket the night before. You should go to a cooking class. I never went to a cooking class, maybe I should go one day.

Today was one of those days where everything was kind of off. My husband got a call from his niece who was going to come here on her way to Texas so I started laundry and pulled out things for dinner. Getting the sofa bed ready etc.. Then she decided she didn't have time. I picked up my grandson from school which is a long drive. I got there an hour ahead of time and they ended up getting out 30 minutes later than I was told. Anyway, I got in a shorter workout and got to the bank and a stop at Sprouts. We played games and set up the electric train for Christmas. He saw it in the garage. My workout was PHA 2, my first real attempt at full body weight training. I was cautious and am feeling fine. Workout was 47 minutes, met 6.0, 225 calories, 808 steps, heart rate 102 average, 144 max. I did modify a bit and went light on shoulders.
Weights Rnd 1A and 1B
side to side sumo squats 15# db, 15# db 12 reps
one arm row 15# db, 15# db 12 reps
forwrd leaning glute lunges 10# dbs 12 reps
pull overs 10# dbs 12 reps 10# dbs 12 reps
standing squats 15# dbs 12 reps 15# dbs 12 reps
push ups on knees second round with hands on step
rear lunges off of step 10# dbs 12 rep 10# dbs 12 reps
close grip bench press 12# dbs 5 reps 10# dbs 5 reps
Round 2A and 2 B
side lunge 15# db 12 reps, 15# db 12 reps
biceps curls 12 # dbs 12 reps 12# dbs 12 reps
elevated push dips 8# dbs 12 reps 8# dbs 12 reps
side to front lateral raise 2 ct 1 rep 5# dbs 12 reps 3# dbs 12 reps
static lunges 15# db 12 reps 15# db 12 reps
W curl 10# dbs 12 reps 10# dbs 12 reps
deadlifts 15# dbs 12 reps 15# dbs 12 reps
lying extension 10# dbs 12 reps 10# dbs 12 reps

Belinda, the cooking class looks like fun. You do not look like the old person there. I was trying to figure out which one you were. I love dolce de leche anything. I bet that cake is wonderful. Sorry about those migraines.

Jolie, great that the chiropractor left you feeling ready for your trip. I bet the rainbow was beautiful. I am sure you will love the gym.

Debbie, I think she has some longer ones. I just always liked that one for a quick stretch, even in the evening to loosen up a bit.

Rosie, you really moved up fast. I bet it has been hectic.

Roselyn, thinking of you.

Good morning,

Today DH and I did Biceps. We picked a few biceps exercises high reps = 16 -20 reps each exercise. My biceps are talking to me, lol. I also did SBF Active Stretch = 14 min. I probably will do a short outdoor walk later. My sinus is still bordering me. It got cold really fast here. It dropped to 27 yesterday. It's in the 40's now.

Roxie - sorry about the stress at work. Great job keeping up with your workouts.

Diane - aww...thank you! I put the cake in the freezer for TG. DH and I had a truffle yesterday, so yummy! You are like me, I love dolce de leech anything :) WTG, on your workouts yesterday.

I will try to be back later. I will not push it this weekend.

Today was YouTube Jessica Smith Cardio Ballet 47 minutes, met 6.5, 244 calories, 2,430 steps, heart rate average 128, max 155. I then did Jane Adams 7 Day Yoga standing poses flow and traditional + 7 minutes of a free yoga with someone named Chelsea that I stopped because I did not care for it, 30 minutes, 53 calories, heart rate average 91, max 116, 49 steps, met 2.0. Total time 77 minutes, 297 calories, 2,479 steps.

Belinda, nice workout. That cake will be an excellent Thanksgiving dessert :)

Today I did Cathe Live, Upper Body Challenge with Ball #136 and had a great workout. I went down on the weights so I wouldn't hurt my back and still had such a good hard workout. I did do more reps than Cathe, I like these higher rep workouts. Workout was 1 hour, and I burned 358 calories. I burned about 100 calories less than when I was lifting heavy for this workout. This is probably one of my favorite CL workouts so fare. However, there are a lot of workouts that I love, but this one is the best for upper body.

I have only bought my mother and father Christmas gifts so far!!!!! I feel so behind!!!!!! Are you are finished with your shopping or haven't started like me?

Diane Sue, I bet that Ballet workout was tuff stuff. I have never done one before, I should try it. Do you hold on to a chair instead of a bar? I am glad you had a great day yesterday with your grandson, especially setting up the train. I love to do stuff like that with kids, they get so excited.

Belinda, You are so pretty and so is your DD!!!! I love to cook, it is one of my favorite things to do. I make the best dessert that I got from Giada, it is in a spring form pan, the first layer is graham cracker crust, really thick, a layer of thick home made caramel, and the top is a thick layer of chocolate. I keep in in the fridge and it is so good!!!!!! I put instant coffee in the chocolate and it is so good.

Roxie, welcome back and sorry you are so stressed at work. Well, you just got promoted!

Doreen, I hope you get in a workout today or maybe a nice bike ride :)

75 degrees here today and absolutely beautiful!

I am off to the store to get all of my items to juice today. I am going on a cleanse before my trip.

Kale
Cucumber
Spinach
Ginger
Tumeric
Lemon
Cayenne
Apples
Celery

Yum!

Have a great day.

Today I walked on my TM for 70 minutes, 3.2 pace, 5.5 to 8.5 incline and I burned 649 calories.

Roselyn, I am so glad everything went well for you during surgery. You will recover quickly and be as good as new!

My sons football team won last night, now one last regular season game left and possibly the playoffs! I am off to Reno on Wed and Saturday I will be at the game in the snow :( Lots of snow I will be having to drive through on my way there and my way home.

Happy Sunday

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.