Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for November 2019

Good morning,

I forgot to mention I started week 3 of Cathe's October rotation. Today she had a bike workout (or solid cardio) scheduled. I wasn't in the mood to do step again, I pulled out my Turbo Fire 60. I am still sweating like crazy. I followed the modifier for the most part, I also did the Fire on my Rebounder. I burned over 600 calories. I guess, I really got into the workout :D I can't remember the last time I burned that many calories in a workout? Those workouts are so much fun!

Diane - I need to look into those yoga tune up balls. Mary should have a sale coming soon, I will put them in my shopping cart. I hear you on not sitting still. I couldn't relax to save my life, now I enjoy relaxing. Especially when I get a massage. Which reminds me I need to get a nice stretch in. Great job yesterday.

Roselyn - yeah, on on being done with school. I'll bet you are excited.

Have a great workout and day, everyone!

Reactions: WD
This morning I did CL 259 Total body barbell for about 40 mintues (stopped at the biceps because doing bicep work with the barbell bothers my elbow) the I did CL 140 Low impact Hiit for about 10 mintues.

Jolie - your TM sounds fun! Enjoy!

Roselyn - good job on finishing off school - that has to feel great!

Today I walked on my treadmill for 30 minutes and then did Karen Voight's Yoga Stretch. Felt great to stretch. The knots seem to be gone but now I'm just sore in the upper back. I'm hoping it is finally healing. I will probably walk again tomorrow and I have the day off on Friday for a doctor appointment for my mom and an eye appointment for me. I may just take that entire day off and rest for the weekend. Hopefully by Monday I will be 100% again.

Jolie - My therapy ball is what I've been using to get the knots to loosen. I lay on the floor and put them under me and they can really get in there to and put pressure on the knots. They usually work really well but these were bad. I will never do that exercise Kelly does in whichever workout I did that caused this. Just not a safe exercise for me. So glad you got a new treadmill! Have fun with it today!!

Diane - Looks like you are almost back to normal. Nice job on your workout yesterday!! Hope you are feeling ok today. I asked someone about massages and why they made my issue worse and whoever it was said I should have iced it afterwards. Once the tissue is massaged like that it gets hot and swells. The swelling then causes inflammation which causes pain. After using my therapy balls I would sometimes ice the area and it felt good.

Belinda - Great job on Turbo Fire 60! You burned some major calories on that, you go girl! Nice job!!

Roselyn - How exciting!! And then you have to go take your state exam, right? The first time I did mine I flunked because even though I had my nail tips in my bag, I couldn't find them. I actually thought I left them at home and the examiner made me leave. I started crying after I left the room and the person that came with me dumped my bag and low and behold, they were in there!! OMG was I pissed. I had to reschedule and drive out there again a couple weeks later. The place is two hours from where I live. I didn't feel bad for myself but I did for my friend. She came back with me, though, and I passed. Just make sure you have EVERYTHING. They don't give you second chances at these exams.

Doreen - Yay on Cathe live!! I can't wait to start using it again!!

Roxie - Did you send your resume/cover letter? Hope you get an interview!!

Have great workouts everyone!!

Debbie, I iced almost every time I came back from PT and after home exercises. On another note if you are not experiencing pain, moist heat does help circulation and healing of muscles and joints after workouts. I guess it is realizing what you need the most. I heard some people get ice after PT, but they never asked me that. They had me on a hot pillow to start with the 10's unit hooked up. I guess that is why I really felt the need to come home and lie down with ice packs.

I am still doing my workout LOL just got on here for the workout manager.

Roselyn, great job completing Cosmetology school!!!! The State Board exam is super easy, at least it was when i took mine. The written test is no big deal, the part i was nervous about was doing hair in front of the examiner because everything has to be done their way, not the way you would probably do it in a salon. You got this girl!

Today, of course, i walked on my new TM and loved it! I walked 75 minutes uphill, incline between 6.0 and 8.0, speed 3.3 or 3.4 and burned 656 calories. I feel so good!!!! I have blue tooth speakers on my treadmill that syncs with my phone and i was singing like crazy, my neighbors probably think i am insane!! I put on 70's and 80's tunes and belted it out :) I was walking with my windows open so if anyone was walking by, they got a show! I bent down last night to put lotion on my legs and my back made a loud POP noise and i was so scared how i was going to feel today, and i feel great! Something released and i cant believe how good i feel.

Debbie, nice walk and stretch today. I love stretching, it feels so good, i just rarely take the time to do it for long periods of time, i only do a short one after a weight workout. My husband has a Back Jack that you can use to workout on your own back to break up the tightness. Get one, you will love it.

Doreen, good job on the BB workout. I just pick up DB's and keep going it i cant use the BB in a workout. No real reason to stop going, just switch.

Belinda, i never have done turbo fire! I wish i had purchased some of those workouts, they are great to pull out from time to time. Great calorie burn, i was right there with you today.

Diane Sue, yes i believe we are thinking of the same thing, i just didnt know how to spell it! It really can reap havic on you if you let it go, I am glad Debbie is using the ball to help break it up. I hope you have a great workout today. I am going shopping to get a couple of Christmas decorations, i am putting up my tree this weekend. My son is coming home and i want him to see the tree since he probably cant come home till the beginning of the year due to the football playoffs.

BBL to read posts.

Have a nice day.

My workout today was Kelly Coffey Strong and Lean kickboxing(lean) from her newest dvds. I had not done this one yet. It took me a bit, but I ended up liking it. It just started out slow to me and I didn't care for the starting soundtrack I guess. This was 32 minutes, heart rate average 149, max 188, met 8.5, 222 calories, 2,923 steps. I then did Jane Adams yoga desk work along with Yoga Tune Up upper back and some extra work with my therapy balls. This was 29 minutes, 41 calories, met 2. Total time was 61 minutes, 263 calories, 2,931 steps.
I am tired, I got to bed late since my husband and son were at first trying to fix the hot water heater, then ended up going back and buying a new one and installing it. Then Gertie (my dog) came in my room to tell me she really needed to go outside. So, I got up and let her out at 3 am and it took her so long to come back to the door I had gotten dressed to go see what was going on. She was fine though. I think a large dog treat I purchased at Sprouts must have upset her stomach. She never comes in our room unless it is bath time or she has an emergency. She loves her baths (showers). it was nice to have running hot water this morning :) I need to look at the premixes on this Kelly workout. They have one that says no lower on it. They have kickboxing with different intervals like all tubing, all barbell, all dumbbell, all tubing. I was hoping one of those would be lower body.

Belinda, nice work with Turbo Fire 60. I have not used those in so long. I always liked them though. Nice idea using the rebounder too. Chalene does so much bouncing around the room though. The music was always so fun, so I guess you could just do your own thing for part of it. I really like my Yoga Tune Up Balls. When I first had my surgery for the torn meniscus I was using tennis balls and then some of those little hand balls that have a bit of weight because they have liquid inside. Once I bought the tune up balls which have a bit of grip, I really could tell a difference. I like the move that is done on Yoga Tune Up where you are lying on the balls and you lift the hips up onto a yoga block or something then work the upper body a bit by moving arms around. It really digs into those spots.

Jolie, it sounds like you are really enjoying your treadmill. I used to play Creedence Clearwater when I ran on the treadmill. Nothing better than running through the jungle LOL. I may put up my tree before Thanksgiving this year. We have Thanksgiving here and my older daughter usually does Christmas. We don't do Christmas with family on Christmas though. Some family members have other family members to get together with too. Those therapy balls are great. I will have to check out the Back Jack. Is it like one of those cane looking things with things sticking out so you can put it over your shoulder to work knots out?

Roselyn, that is wonderful that you are done with beauty school and ready for your exam. Nice work.

Doreen, nice work with Cathe Live this morning.

Good morning,

Butt & Guts plus ab is done. I am debating if I want to continue with Cathe's rotation or do something different?

Debbie - I usually don't get that calorie burn. Not sure what I did differently? I'll take it! Great job on your walk and yoga. I always like KV yoga. Need to pull them out soon. So many workouts and so little time. I really should start getting rid of some dvd's. I have way to many.

Jolie - great calorie burn yesterday. I usually don't get that cal burn, lol. Wished I did :) I am so glad I bought those workouts. Turbo Fire 60 & 45 are my favorite workouts. I also like Turbo Jam. Those are a lot of fun.

Diane - I love TF, they are so much fun. I usually follow the modifier, she does an amazing job. I do everything Charlene does except low impact. I looked at Mary's site yesterday I don't think she carries those Tune Up balls anymore. I looked an Amazon found a ton of those massage balls with good reviews.

I will try to check in later. Have a great workout, everyone.

Walked again on my treadmill for 50 minutes, got a good calorie burn.

Here's an interesting thing. I bought a very hard plastic therapy ball a while ago and one of my cats found it on the couch and decided to use it as a toy. I couldn't find it, it was under something and although I looked everywhere for it, I could not find it. So I purchased more therapy balls on Amazon and although they were hard, they were rubbery. They worked ok but haven't been able to break up the knot like I said earlier this week.

Well, low and behold my DH found the missing therapy ball under our stairs and I was so excited! I used it last night and sure enough, I felt the knot break apart within 15 minutes of holding the ball on it. No pain last night and I felt great this morning. I still didn't want to chance it knotting up again so I walked on my treadmill. The movement of my arms going back and forth irritated it again and the knot is back. WTF? So I plan to do the therapy ball again tonight and then I'm not going to workout at all until Monday. I'm hoping by then I can do a bit more cardio and possibly some lifting. It's definitely better, just still noticeable.

Anyways, I've gained some weight lately, it seems my pants are all tight so I need to get with it again. My eating has been pretty good so I'm not sure why this is happening. I will need to try harder with the food and lifting will help if I can ever start doing that again.

Jolie - What is a Back Jack? I looked it up like Diane did and found cushioned seats? Is that what you're talking about? Also, I don't know how you can walk up an 8% incline for that long. I die at 5%!!! Nice job!

Belinda - Great job with B&G this morning, that is always a good one to pull out and do. Killer!

Diane - Interesting on the ice or moist heat. I'll keep that in mind. Nice job on your workout yesterday!!

Doreen - Certain bicep moves hurts my elbows as well. W Curl's do if I do them too heavy and preacher curls hurt terribly. I love that exercise too. Nice job on your workout yesterday!

Hope you all have great workouts today!!

Last edited:
I did Cathe LIve 126 Step Grooves Express this morning. I really like this one - the combos build pretty fast and it is short - just over 30 minutes - which I needed this morning since I hadn't slept well.

Good job on your workouts everyone!!

Debbie, maybe the weight gain is water from inflammation? The body sure does fight back. I am glad you found your hard therapy ball. The ones I got from Yoga Tune Up are really firm and I had purchased the slightly larger pair which definitely made a difference. I use mine post workouts and before bed to loosen up kinks. Sometimes if it is really tight and painful I do it upon waking after first getting started with the foam roller and sometimes I hit it in the afternoon. High inclines on the treadmill always cause me hip and low back pain.

Belinda, you sure are getting in some of Cathe's older workouts with that rotation. I can't remember if I purchased my tune up balls from their website or Amazon. It has been several years.

Doreen, Step Grooves is on of the CL that I repeated quite often. Love that one.

Debbie - I agree with Diane you probably gained water. I wouldn't sweat it :) Great job on that TM walk.

Diane - that's the reason why I did the Oct rotation. She did put in a lot of great older workouts in that one. I am going to have to google the yoga tune up website. Or, I will contact Mary? Maybe I was too tired last night.

Doreen - I will check into that one. Great job!

Debbie, the Back Jack that my husband has is NOT a chair cushion, but it is a metal curvy kind of handle with wood balls on each end, on a little bigger than the other. It is bent so you can use your body as leverage to push on the spot that needs to be released. It is in the shape of an S. I will look on Amazon and see if i can find something like it. I just looked, it is called the back pressure point hook. Now ours in metal and wood and these are plastic but the work so good. You can do it sitting up which i like. My husband walks around and works on his back all of the time. Great job on the walk today. No big deal about the lifting, our bodies bounce right back and it is better to be pain free than struggling and lifting weights. I gained so much weight, and now i am loosing it again. The WW worked, i wrote down all of the points for each food item while i had the subscription, now i just write it down each day. I go over by about 10 points everyday :(

Todays workout was 75 minute walk on my TM, high incline, i went between 6.0 and 8.0 the entire time and may speed was 3.2 to 3.4. I burned 689 calories and feel fantastic. I don't know why, but walking an incline is easy for me, always has been. I watched a Madonna concert from about the early 1990's and had the best time and the time fly by. I hope that i start dropping some weight here, i usually do when i walk consistantly.

Diane Sue, read my post to Debbie, it is called the back pressure point hook on Amazon. i hope you have a great workout today.

Belinda, great job on Butts and Gutts, that's a great workout. Im going to go on line and see if i can find a used Turbo Fire to buy. Sounds like fun.

Doreen, nice job on the express step workout.

Roselyn, i hope you have a great workout today.

My son feel off the wagon and wants to quit school again. He wants to get his GED and work, he wants to pay for himself and get on his own. I for one would love it but my husband will have NO part of it. He wants him to graduate, but i think he is so far behind and will not make up the work so i guess we will see by the end of the semester. I just want all of this chaos to end. Maybe school isn't for him, maybe he should just get his GED and hit it in the real world. He hates school so much, always has and sees no value. He says " when am i going to use Marine Biology ever in my life" and i agree, its the math and English and Civics is what he needs to understand. Anyway, just venting but you all must know, i am over it and i am not even upset about it. I feel he needs to figure it out on his own, sometimes failing is the only way to move forward, just so he learns a lesson from his failure. I read a book Failing Forward and it really made sense.

BBL to read posts. Have a nice day, i am decorating for Christmas already :) Its the most wonderful time of the year!

Today I did Jessica Smith Walk Strong and Have Fun: step and stride, this time using an 8 inch high step and my 4# weight vest to kick it up a bit. This was 30 minutes, 205 calories, heart rate average 145, max 173, 3,211 steps. That is all I am doing other than my usual stretches. I almost did nothing. I am tired. I was surprised I got up the energy for this. Maybe the fact I decided to eat a little first. I swear, I am afraid to step on the scale because I might find out I lost more weight. I was at my bottom weight at 111 a week or so ago. I try to make up some calories at night before I go to bed. I am not sure what is up other than the care I started taking on things for the arteries. I started having oatmeal, even more veggies and fruits, if that is possible, and watching the saturated fat. I don't know that it is working for me.

Jolie, Bob and Brad on Youtube show a lot of those devices for taking care of your own knots and tight spots. They are physical therapists. I think I know which item you are talking about, but I need to look one up. I have seen them shown in use and always thought one would be great for my back and shoulders instead of trying to stretch and work a way to hit the exact spots. Sometimes the only thing you can do is tough, but letting them learn their lesson is something that may be necessary. I feel for you. Not everyone needs college. There are so many people out there with degrees that cannot find the work. Maybe vocational school? He could get a GED and maybe do that. It is really hard because we always want what is the best for our children (and grandchildren)

Good morning,

Ramped Up Upper Body is done.

Jolie - sorry your son fell off the wagon. That's a tough situation. I hope your son will reconsider. Who is he close too in your family? Maybe they can put some sense into him. Good luck!

Great job everyone on your workouts. Gotta run. BBL!

Cathe Live 263 Metabolic bootcamp this morning. This was about 45 minutes and was rounds of metabolic moves - so no cardio and no jumping. The cardio came from the combo moves. I liked it. I should have gone heavier on some moves but that's the problem with doing new workouts all the time!

Jolie - Maybe your dad can talk to him again? Just a little encouragement to keep going?

Is Turbo Fire on BB on Demand? Or is it not a BB product? I can never keep track!

Today i did Cathe Live, Strong Express Upper Body, workout # 234 and had an awesome short workout. Workout was 40 minutes, includes abs and i burned 300 calories. This one works your muscles to where they are screaming with lower weight higher reps and different rep counts. I loved it. Each muscle is exhausted when you are done and i wonder how that is possible in 40 minutes. You should all try this workout if your upper body isn't bothering you because i could see how you could get tight after this one.

I will post the exercises but not he reps because i couldn't keep track.

Shoulders:
Lateral Raises- 5's
Lateral U Raises to shoulder press- 5's
Scare Crows- 5's
Front raises with a pour at the top- 5's

Back and Shoulders:
1 Arm Rear Flies- 10#
Upright Rows- 12's
Rear Flies with a hip hinge- 10's
Upright Rows- 12's

Shoulders and Biceps:
Overhead Press with 1.5's- 12's
Sweeper Curls- 15'
Overhead Press with 1.5's- 12's
Hammer Curls- 15's
Overhead Press with 1.5's- 12
Traditional Curls- 15's
Sweeper Curls- 15's
Hammer Curls- 15's
Traditional Curls- 15's

Back and Biceps:
1 Arm Rows- 25#
1 Arm Bicep Curls same arm- 12#
1 Arm Row other arm- 25#
1 Arm Bicep Curls same arm- 12#
1 Arm Bicep Curls 12# each side

Chest and Triceps:
2 Arm Kickbacks- 10's
Overhead Triceps Ext.- 12's
2 Arm Kickbacks- 10's
Lying Ext.- 10's
Close Grip Chest Press- 15's
Chest Press- 15's
Chest Flies- 15's
Chest Press- 15's
Chest Flies- 15's

5 sit ups to 5 pushups- a lot of rounds.

ABS

Wow! All in 40 minutes. There is also a nice stretch at the end.

My sons college councilor spoke with him yesterday, i am done with this shit. My Dad and Mom have tried too. He is acting so bad i don't even know what to say. I will be telling him today that he can start doing his own laundry, he just throws all of his clean cloths that i do and fold all over the floor. He has no respect for anyone. I am done and for once not crying about it. Life is going to smack him in the face real hard pretty soon. i am over it and moving on to improving my life and my husbands. I cant wait for him to move out!

On a better note,

Belinda, great job on the workout today!

Doreen, I don't think i have tried that workout, i have to do it. Are there a lot of lunges, i cant do those anymore?

Debbie, that devise is very similar but has more knobs on it than ours has. It is awesome, because you can hit spots easily and while sitting at your desk or where ever. My husband swears by it!

Diane Sue, i watch those two guys on You Tube all of the time. That is where i got all my stretches from for my Sciatica issue and bulging disc issue. They are really informative.

Roselyn, great workout!

BBL to read your posts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.