Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for November 2019

Debbie, I was doing the exercises every day. The same ones. The PT suggested that I do some of them every couple of hours through the day. Right now I do the neck stretches, foam roller, chin tucks, and stretching moves everyday. I try to do the ones that are a bit more strength based every other day since I am doing other strength work as well. I work on those tight spots several times a day. The towel roll is just a bath towel folded in half and rolled up and used to lie on lengthwise with it between the shoulder blades. I put a rubber band around mine and keep it like that. They had me lie my head on a pillow while lying on the pillow roll. I guess that is so they can get each patient a fresh towel when they come in. They used towels for a lot of things. Small ones to hold under your arm while doing rotator stuff so you had to concentrate on keeping the the folded up towel from dropping while rotating the bent arm in and out and keeping shoulder blades together.

This morning I did Live 122 Shock circuit. Its an older one and only 39 minutes. This is the first one I've done since re-subscribing that I was just like - meh... she just kept taking breaks and you could tell she was trying to think of another exercise to do for that round.

I did those exercises and stretches I did yesterday again. I also did some of them in the evening last night. They feel good but after a few hours I'm sore and I feel the knots again. I hope eventually this will work them out. I won't be able to do them tomorrow or Thursday morning as I have to be at work really early, so I'm hoping to have time in the evening. I can do the stretches throughout the day.

Diane - Thanks for explaining that I can do this frequently. That's one thing with those PT videos, they don't tell you how long to hold the stretches for or how many times, etc.

Have a great day everyone!!

Another day, another walk :) I walked on my TM for 65 minutes, 6.0 to 8.0 incline, 3.2 to 3.3 speed, 3.4 miles. Then i did Power Hour Shoulders, Lateral raises, Front Raises, Rear Delt Raises and BB Shoulder Press. This was quick so i did it 2 times. Workout was 1 hour 15 minutes and i burned 645 calories.

I was thinking about walking everyday and doing a body part with it each day, the ICE Muscle Meltdowns are great short Giant Set workouts so i may do those.

Debbie, i sure hope those PT exercises help you like they did Diane.

Diane Sue, have a nice workout.

Belinda, Great workout today, love STS Total Body! I haven't worked legs in so long now, my low back always goes out that is why i am walking a lot lately. Also, my legs get so big i cant fit into pants :(

Doreen, great job on the workout, that is a workout that i have never done. I probably wont try it after your review.

BBL to read posts. I have my son coming home from college Thursday night, the football team has a bye, and my parents are coming for the weekend. Lots to be done!

Have a wonderful day.

This morning I did Rev'd Up and Rumble, 42 minutes, heart rate 142, max 172, 286 calories, 3,449 steps, met 8.0. I then did 45 minutes of a Jessica Smith post workout stretch that was 15 minutes, and PT exercises along with some lower foam rolling added. My right quad is really sore. More so than the left. Total time was 87 minutes, 359 calories, 3,582 steps.

Debbie, part of the problem is making sure the posture problems are corrected and how you use the muscles. My left trap and upper back is still tending toward getting knots. So, I am working both sides and adding extra work on those trigger points in my neck and trap. Fortunately the right side that was so full of pain has finally stopped getting the knots. I want it to stay away. This took months to take care of. I work in some of those moves whenever I can. Hey, maybe even a restroom break you can hold a neck stretch for a few seconds. Sitting in the car when I was taking my grandson to school I did chin tucks. People that might be looking probably thought I was insane LOL. As far as holding the stretches, the chin tucks were generally 15 seconds each for 10 reps, the neck stretches were held for 20 seconds, lying on the foam roller lengthwise was 3 minutes( I often did it longer which does not matter) Holding a stretch walking out from a door frame was held for 3 sets of 30 seconds. I did ones they called a nerve glide that was a combo of hand to chest slowly stretching out and head tilt and slight turn. They had me do 3 different variations of this with the hand coming out at different directions. I have not seen this one on youtube. One of them the hand came out and went up against a wall flat facing away from me then back to chest. These were just a steady slow move, no holding the arm in one place.

Belinda, nice work with STS.

Doreen, I am not familiar with that live workout and I have done most of the older ones.

Jolie, right now those power hour segments do not sound pleasant ;) Nice work today.

today was lift it hiit lower body circuit

I graduate in a week and having hip replacement the next day I have put ii off I am not scared of surgery but if I can still exercise and weight lift :(

Reactions: WD
Roselyn, I will be praying for you. I am surprised you are able to do the workouts that you do with needing hip replacement surgery. Have you discussed working out when healed with the surgeon?

I can resume exercising I just hate sitting around!! They said slow and easy it is so funny my hip does not hurt all the time but it is bone on bone. My doc said I am in good shape and should rebound quickly but they will put a leash on me if I don't listen to them :)

Today was back and bis

Roselyn, my 75 year old neighbor just had two knees replaced at the same time two weeks ago, he could barely walk before the surgery. His legs were bent inward and i thought to myself, this is going to be bad. NO, he is awesome two weeks later, back to doing all of his chores around the house and his legs are totally straight. He said he wished he hadn't waited so long to fix his problem. My dad had both of his hips replaced and workouts out 4 days a week, lifting weights, and he is 86 years old. You got this girl!!!

Today i was supposed to do Cathe Live Awesome Upper Body, but my online workouts would not load, not one of them! So I pulled out a DVD workout, High Reps and did the Upper Body Premix with ABS. This is an ok workout, a lot like Power Hour, Giants sets, multi rep patterns and lower weight. I felt it really good and it was only 40 minutes so that was good because my body is tired today. However, she skips the BACK segment so i went back to the menu, found that portion of the workout and did it. Workout was 46 minutes and i burned 332 calories. I did not lift heavy today being as tired as i am. Also, my back went out again the other night, i was setting my dog down after carrying him down the stairs and sure enough it went out. Darn it! I cant believe how tired i am from walking on my TM on an incline, what a great workout.

Roselyn, congrats on your graduation, you are rockin it. Nice workout and good luck with your surgery. At least you got moved prior to your surgery.

Belinda, great job on Party Rockin Step!

Diane Sue, who's workout is Rev'd up Rumble? Is that a boxing workout?

BBL to read your posts. As i finish typing this post my muscles are getting sore :) They are very full feeling from all of the reps.

Nothing today yet, I need to stretch when I get home. Upper back is all tight again due to stress from something I have going at work today and tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Roselyn - Wow, you have a lot coming at you. You will certainly be able to workout again after your hip surgery. You should be good as new. Good luck and I will keep you in my prayers.

Nice workouts everyone. I do not have time for personals. Hopefully later.

So later!!

Jolie - wondering what's going on with CL? A lot of people reporting the same issue. Great choice on HR today. One of my all time favorites. Walking fries my legs too. Great job today.

Debbie - sorry about the stress at work. I hope you get a nice stretch in.

My workout today was Kelly Coffey Cardio Quick Fix both workouts combined, 46 minutes, heart rate average 149, max 176, 322 calories, met 8.0, 4,695 steps. I am going to do one body part a day and see how that works as I get strength back. I did Cathe Lite bonus biceps (from the Pyramid Pump workout) 8 minutes, heart rate average 111, max 131, 57 steps, met 6.0, 30 calories, and finished with Jane Adams 7 yoga practices morning energy, 17 minutes, 34 calories, met 2.5, 65 steps.
Total time was 71 minutes, 386 calories, 4,817 steps.
Weights for Lite Biceps were same as Cathe
Super Sets of
standing sweeper curls 12,10,8, 10,12 reps 8,10,12,10,8# dumbbells
incline curls on ball 12,10,8,10,12 reps 8,10,12,10,8# dumbbells

Debbie, I hope the stresses at work don't set you back too much. I was hoping you would feel much better today.

Jolie, yes Rev'd Up and Rumble is kickboxing and is from Cathe's Lite series. I really do like it. There is a blast workout that can be added to it too that revs it up a bit. It is amazing how we work out and just some little thing can throw something out. I kind of remember something being left out of the upper on High Reps. I wonder if it is done in the lower body workout.

Belinda, Party Rockin Step is my go to workout when I really do not want to workout. I find it so much fun and really like the music in that one.

Roselyn, glad they said that you will be able to workout again. Just follow orders and you will do really well.

Good morning,

Lower Body Blast.I am in week 4 of the Oct rotation. I have no idea what I will do next week?

Diane - I have to remember to pull that one out more often. Got a great step count too. Nice mix of workouts yesterday.

Have a wonderful day and workout everyone.

Today is my rest day, lots to do, my son comes home tonight from college and my parents are visiting over the weekend. We are celebrating Thanksgiving early since I will be gone to Reno to stay with my son since he wont be home for either holiday coming up. Football really can kill the holidays if your family has to split up. It wouldn't be so bad but my husband's work is very demanding during this time of the year and he cannot go with me on the trip. :(

Belinda, great job on the Lower Body Blast today! I have no idea what I am going to do next week either. :)

Debbie, I hope everything goes great for you at work today! Namaste :)

Diane Sue, Great workout yesterday, I will be back later to read your post.

Now I have to clean the house and that will be hard since my low back went out again!

Today I did Raw step 2, 42 minutes, met 7.6, 273 calories, heart rate average 142, max 169, 3836 steps. I then did a mixture of things I put together. Kelly' Strong and Lean dvd just the warm up and back (6 min), Lite Pyramid Pump bonus triceps, and Lite bonus stretch 2. I added a couple of stretches from therapy for upper back. This was 23 minutes, heart rate average 102, max 140, 353 steps, met 4.5, 78 calories.
Total time was 65 minutes, calories burned 351, steps 3,914.
I did not want to do the Pyramid Pump bonus back because I did not think I was ready for pullovers. I don't think it is so good for neck and shoulders. I read one place that said to use a pillow under the head. I read another that said use a barbell instead of dumbbells. All in all I think it is best left alone.

Back moves from strong and lean ( I have not used this workout before, but had written down the moves. It is quick paced with barbell, dumbbells, and tubing)
barbell rows 25# high reps
dumbbell rows pull back in a plie position adding some squats near the end 10's
tubing scapular retractions standing (much like when I hold a band and do the retractions lying on the foam roller lengthwise)
Pyramid Pump Bonus triceps supersets
standing kickbacks 12,10,8,10,12 reps 5,8,10,8,5# dumbbells
lying extension on the ball 12,10,8,10,12 reps 8,10,12,10,8 # dbs

Belinda, Party Rockin step does get a good step count in.

Jolie, enjoy your rest day and time with your son and parents.

Debbie, I hope that you are doing better.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.