Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2021

Today I did CDorner Step Aerobics basic to intermediate, cardio filmed yesterday, 46 minutes(it says longer but there is about 13 minutes of advertising and chatter, heart rate 143/180, 273 calories, 4,288 steps. I then did CDorner Cardio Mobility while it was live, 31 minutes, heart rate 84/100, 53 calories, 410 steps. Total time was 77 minutes, 326 calories, 4,698 steps.
I liked both workouts. This cardio mobility was much better to me than the last one. More movement by not so difficult as the last one. There was actually some good stretching in there along with the movement. I will be back as I told my grandson we would go to the playground if it is not raining. Still have chances, but right now it is dry.

Here is the update on my dog. He will be going in on June 3rd for blood tests to see what kind of health he is in prior to surgery. If his blood work doesn't come back great I will probably opt out of doing surgery because he probably would not be able to tolerate it and I do not want to kill him trying to save him. He is like a puppy right now, running around the house, barking and taking long walks. If his blood work comes back good I might have them do the chest x-ray while he is partially under and if that looks good I will go ahead and have the Biopsy and surgery. For some reason I think he is doing great but I really don't know until I get the tests back. It would kill me to have him get surgery and doesn't make it through. I am torn what to do but my gut is telling me he is ok.

Today's workout was fantastic! I started Cathe's STS Meso 2, Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and did really well with it. I, of course, did not lift too heavy so it wasn't the hardest workout, but in between sets I did air squats, leg extensions and rowing to kick my heart rate up a bit. The workout was 1 hour and I burned 411 calories. There are 1 minute rests between sets and that is much too long if you are not lifting heavy.

Debbie, great workout today. I do not work legs much either, that is why they are flabby! I am going to pick up my outdoor walking now that the weather is nice.

Doreen, nice workout today. I am glad you are back at it and Wow on your son's graduation and honors.

Belinda, nice that you got to go on 2 walks today!

Diane Sue, Wow, great workout today, they are getting really long again. How do you like your new house now that you have been there for a little while? I sure like mine except I wish it had a view of the ocean instead of the mountains.

Make it a GREAT day!

Reactions: WD
Back from the playground :)

Debbie, I wondered if it was because the neighbors do not speak English well? I don't know. She came over and introduced herself to my husband when we were moving in. I just don't understand people not being courteous. Would they like to have their packages or have them sent back to the seller!
The cardio I did today was good, not real difficult choreography and still fast enough paced. Madonna and that type of music so okay I guess. I don't care for her personality so it sort of ruins her music for me. The problem I had the most with usps is them not bringing packages to the door and putting a card in the box saying they were unable to deliver the package. I was always home. If I asked for redelivery, they never did it. I called once after several days to see why my package was not redelivered and they checked and it was still sitting there. They asked if I wanted them to redeliver again? Huh?? I told them to keep it there and I would come and get it. What kind of work ethic is that. That happened quite a lot. That post office did have lousy ratings online. Most Amazon mistakes went next door at our last house and we talked to the guy a lot. He would bring the packages over.
The tabata weight workout was a pretty good one. Sammy looked like she was being tortured.

Belinda, nice that you were able to get out for some walks today. It was sprinkling when we walked up to the playground, but it let up after a bit. I guess it can be heavier this evening with more rain.

Doreen, nice workout. I guess you mean you worked out outside without the bosu?

Jolie, those decisions are so rough as you do not want to feel like you made the wrong decision for your dogs health. I hope tests are good health. Great workout!

Good Evening,

We finally found a house and the closing date is June 13th. Walked 5 miles Sunday 2 with DH and 2.5 with oldest DD and her 3 boys.

Debbie-I am in love with the Clinique foundation. We no longer have to wear masks anywhere so I can start wearing my lip products.

This morning I did RAW Tabata Sculpt, it was just ok for me. My HR didn't even get up that high and I didn't break a sweat. Maybe if I could have gone heavier I would have been sweating a bit. I'm just afraid of hurting myself so I used 12's/10's/8's and 5's. Used mostly 12's and 5's. It is a good workout and pretty fun, I just didn't really feel it much.

Workout was 50 minutes, burned only 104 calories, did 758 steps and HR was a measley 81/102.

Belinda - Yea, that was the first thing I learned from Hungry Vegan Mama is to never use oils and how bad they are for you. Now I still use olive oil with certain foods when I am not eating vegan, but other than that, I use veggie broth to saute veggies. It works great and I never have a problem with the food sticking. I have to say, it is so much easier cooking vegan - no defrosting meat, no dealing with the nasty fatty parts of meat and the blood. Yuck, I hate every aspect of meat cooking anymore. I REALLY wish my DH would stop eating meat, he eats so much junk it's ridiculous. I just watch him eat so unhealthy and want to scream at him. He makes fun of my foods (jokingly, not being mean) and won't even try it. I don't get it. So I still have to defrost meat and cut away the fat but at least it's not every night of the week. I am going to post the "Yummiest Vegan Cheese Sauce Ever" recipe in a new post when I have a minute. You have to try it. I've made several different types and this one is truly the best by far. I eat it every day with cooked broccoli or cauliflower. It is my afternoon snack and I love it.

Diane - I want to do that CDorner's Cardio Mobility one you did yesterday, what day did she post it? There are alot of workouts that have the same names out there. I need mobility after today's workout, my traps are already getting tight again. I did only 4 rounds of the plank work today and then skipped the last four. That pose really irritates my neck area. Nice job with your workouts, I'm so glad to see you almost back to your normal. That could be why your neighbors didn't come to you, but my neighbors speak perfect english. They are just losers. I hope my mail lady doesn't make that mistake anymore. See, their street address number is the same as ours, just on the a differnt road on the other side of the block. That is why she messes it up. But come on, the street names are no where near similar.

Jolie - I will say a prayer that your dog will be ok. Keep good thoughts. And if he seems fine, then he probably is fine. We sure love our pets, don't we? Sometimes more than humans!! Did I say that out loud? Great job with your workout!!

Roxie - So glad you are liking the Clinique foundation, I have heard great things about that product as well. We don't have to wear masks either, but I still do in some settings.

Have a great day everyone!!!

The Yummiest Vegan Cheese Sauce Ever by Plantiful Kiki (youtube channel)

Takes about 20 minutes to make. This is for half the recipe, when I make the full amount I can't eat it all in a week so I cut it in half, so this is what I make every Sunday for my snack with veggies:

1 1/2 cups peeled diced potatoes (Russetts are the best tasting)
1/4 cup diced carrots
1/4 cup raw cashews (no need to soak)
2 tbsp. nutritional yeast (I use Braggs)
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp lemon juice
water from boiled veggies (about 1 - 1.5 cups)

Boil potatoes and carrots in water until soft, about 15 minutes. Drain but keep the water.

Add all the other ingredients (except lemon juice) in a high-speed blender and mix together. Once veggies are done, add them in along with lemon juice and some water. Blend until creamy and keep adding water to make it the consistence you want. Done!!

Per 1/2 cup serving:

79 calories
10 g. carbs
2.7 g. fat
3.8 g. protein

Truly, this is the best cheese sauce. I cannot tell a difference between this and real cheese sauce. I add it to rice, soba noodles, broccoli, cauliflower and it is a great dip for raw veggies as well. Try it!!!

Good morning,

Cathe Fit Split: Low Impact Cardio Metabolic Conditioning is done. I had to modify a lot of the cardio. Jumping jacks I did some low impact and some on my rebounder.

The medication my primary doctor gave me last week isn't helping. I can't get an appointment (he is in the office) today, I probably have to go to the hospital. Last night both my ears hurt so bad it knocked me out last night. I also have a lot of pressure in my sinus. I am also coughing up no stop. My throat hurts very time I swallow.

Debbie - thanks for sharing the cheese sauce. I am going to have to try to make the sauce today. I hear you on how easy it it cooking vegan. I don't miss all the meat nor cooking it. My husband eats about 85% vegan. He still has his burger/steak when we go out to eat. I am glad he is on board with vegan food.

Have a great day. I will catch up later.

Belinda - hope you are feeling better soon!

This morning I did GHUTV Kickbox HIIT. It was intervals of short kickboxing moves. kinda fun way to do kickboxing instead of just building combos - A little bit like KCM does them.

If anyone has problems sleeping, watch the video below and go to 17:24 which is almost the end. She talks about a powder she uses and how good it is. You might want to try it. I follow this lady on Youtube, she is awesome.

Today I did CDorner Cardio Kickboxing and Dance, 32 minutes, heart rate 146/177, 205 calories, 3,732 steps. I then did CDorner Butt Builder workout that she did this morning, 55 minutes including the bonus work, heart rate 98/125, 155 calories (she looked at her watch at the end and said she got 377 calories!!) 432 steps. Total time was 87 minutes, 360 calories, 4,164 steps.
I just made Mushroom Bolognese from my Fix it With Food cookbook. I really like it. I wish that Whole Foods would have had fresh basil for my order today. They had parsley and cilantro. IT would have looked prettier on the pasta with the sliced basil along with fresh grated parmesan. I used cremini mushrooms. Yesterday I made the zucchini noodles with corn, tomatoes, dill and feta. I had some for lunch again today. I think it would be better without the feta, or maybe it was just because my feta was fat free and had a sour taste or something. Otherwise it would have been great. I had protein powder and berries for my in between meals. There are meat dishes in the book, but I have only done the flax crusted salmon with a grape salsa. One thing I don't get is he has one recipe I want to make that has a recipe for nondairy parmesan cheese for those like him that needs to avoid dairy for his arthritis/ health issues which is what drew me to the book. But, some recipes use dairy. The mushroom recipe has milk and parmesan cheese. I think it would be good with coconut milk though.
CDorner Butt Builder Butt and Legs
all moves are done for 1 minute
2 squats/1deadlift 20# dbs
1 squat/curtsy lunge 15# db right followed by curtsy/knee up non weight
repeat all moves doing left side after squat deadlift is done again
slow deadlift only 20# dbs
floor work
on hands and forearms dumbbell behind knee (I used 8#) suggested a weight or ankle weights behind
single leg lifts 8# db
pulses 8#
straight leg lifts on hands no weight
cross-over knee in on hands no weight
lunge/ up cross over no weight
repeat all on other side no weight
standing
single leg deadlift/ curtsy 10# dbs
glider lateral lunge slide outs
repeat other side
floor again
side lying leg lift flex and point toe no weight
side lying knee in push out
side lying knees 90 degrees lift/extend/return
repeat other side
Bonus
repeat everything for 30 seconds

Roselyn, nice work on the back workout yesterday and leg day and cardio today.

Roxie, that is great that you finally found a house. I hope the move goes smoothly for you. Funny, as I kept putting on all of my makeup and lipstick then put on a mask to go in a store. It seemed silly, but I felt better with it on. I just had to for sure wash the mask when I got home. It is a relief getting that thing off.

Debbie, nice work today. I did not go very heavy either. 15# was my heaviest. I am sure we would have better results if we could go heavy again. Although Fitbit is lousy with weight work. I do better with the Garmin on weight work, but still nothing like what Chris Dorner is saying she got. Just like what I mentioned today. Me 155 her 377 calories. Maybe because I am shorter and light weight person. I think I did well on weight increments for what was done today. Maybe I could have went to 25's for the squats, but I worry about my shoulders coming into play too much. Sometimes when I do a lower body workout I put the moves in from the library of moves on the Garmin and it shows muscle groups worked and shoulders and arms show up as well as lower body just in yellow rather than red. I did some of the plank work on my forearms to lighten up the load on my shoulders. Speaking of oils in dishes, both of the ones I made called for a lot of olive oil. I used two tablespoons for the whole thing today as it called for 1/4 cup. The one yesterday called for 1/2 a cup in the zucchini dish. I cut that way back. I don't know why I would want that much in my food. Funny, the parmesan cheese recipe in my new book uses raw cashews, no soaking, nutritional yeast, garlic powder and salt. I realized I got rid of my nutritional yeast when I was checking dates on products before we moved.
Thanks I am getting some of my energy back and pain has pretty much subsided. I still find that I get drowsy for what would normally not affect me. I was sitting here today at the computer and kept nodding off. I told my granddaughter I was going to go sit in my recliner. I fell asleep for 15 minutes and energy was back. It was just the 13 year old here today. I wish that would go away. I bought some Gaia Adrenal Fatigue night supplement to try and see if it helps with cortisol or whatever is going on.
The mobility workout I did yesterday was yesterdays mobility. It was called Cardio Mobility. I notice that she has a bit different name sometimes when the workout is live and not yet put up right without the earlier chatter and ads. Times are not right either. You would think that your mail carrier would have things packed or whatever they do, by streets. It is their job to make sure it gets to the right address.

Belinda, that sounds miserable. I am so sorry that it is getting worse. I was hoping things would get better. I am amazed that you still get your workouts in.

Doreen, that sounds like it would be a good workout. I do like how Kelly does her kickboxing workouts.

This morning I did CDorner's 30 Minute Mobility Routine - Moving Cardio Mobility. I liked it quite a bit, it was nice to move around and get warm and do the mobility stretches using more movement. I am finding I can do more plank things but I didn't do a sequence in the plank stance and putting legs out to the side for a hip move as many times as Chris did. But I did do some and it felt really good. My upper body did well holding me up. So ridiculous on how weak I have become. My chest is so sore from yesteray's workout and I hardly worked chest yesterday. :rolleyes: I also walked on my treadmill for 20 minutes. It isn't worth typing out the workout stats as they were both very minimal in calorie burn.

Belinda - I sure hope you feel better soon. I used to go through those seasonal sinus infections but haven't had one in a few years. Knock on wood. I know how bad those can get. Hope you had time to try that sauce. I see the China Study Cookbook has a version of this cheese sauce in it, but I really think the one I posted is the bomb.

Doreen - That kickboxing workout you did sounds good. I will look for it. I haven't checked that channel out yet but will.

Roselyn - Great job with your leg and cardio workout!

Diane - That is an interesting combo - kickboxing and dance. Was it fun? I liked the mobility workout I did today, it was the one you did. She is truly a gifted workout instructor. I'm amazed at the things she comes up with. I am in shock at how much olive oil some recipes call for. I used to make a sheet pan recipe with veggies and chicken and it asked for 6 tbsp. which is a lot. I only used 2 and thought that was too much. I will still use it here or there but not every night like I used to. Cooking veggies in veggie broth works great and you can't even tell there isn't oil in it. It tastes better, I think. I don't know, I feel so much better eating vegan (even if I sneak some chicken or ground beef in every now and again). I love the recipes and want to try so many others. I guess we just have to do what our bodies need. Everyone is different. I find my body has always excelled when I eat lots of carbs. Luckily I can and I never gain weight doing so.

Jolie - Hope all is well.

Have a great workout everyone!!!

I tried a new youtube trainer this morning - Tracy Steen. I've actually bookmarked several of her workouts years ago but never tried them. This was a cardio and strength. Some interesting combos, I modified a bunch of the cardio to be lower impact by picking up a weight and taking out the jump.

Yesterday was my rest day. Today I had to get out of the house because my son is taking his finals online and needs it really quiet, so I went for a 3.4 mile walk and burned 621 calories. It is warmer here now so it make walking very enjoyable. What is everyone doing for the Memorial Day holiday? My husband has to work both Saturday and Monday so we may try playing some golf on Sunday at this place called the Ranch in Laguna Beach. It is a great resort on the ocean and then after golf there is live music and cocktails and food on the terrace overlooking the ocean. They have Corn Hole, the game, I love playing that game!

Debbie, great mobility workout today. I cannot believe that you worked out for 50 minutes yesterday and only burned around 100 calories! How is that possible? I burn that just sitting on the couch watching tv!

Belinda, I hope you feel better!!! Have you tried Garlic Oil with Mullen for your ears? Lay on your side and put it in your ear for around 15 minutes and then do the other side, it will kick out any infection, virus or bacteria in less than 24 hours. I would do it in the am and pm for a few days and watch the pain just go away. You can get it at Sprouts.

Roselyn, nice workout yesterday.

Diane Sue, Great kickboxing and dance workout! Sounds like fun!

Doreen, I will check out that instructor that you found on Youtube! Way to go with finding these new workouts for us to preview.

Have a wonderful day.

Hi everyone,

Today I did X10 low Impact. I didn't do any burpees, did them upright. I had to modify down from what Cathe did.

Saw my doctor yesterday He put me on antibiotics and all kinds of medicine to help with my sinus/ear. I really don't want to take antibiotics, they give me severe stomach pain. When I was hospitalized I thought I was dying from server stomach pain. He thinks it may be related to RP? I am scheduled for a cat scan today.

Diane - thank you! I can't sit still when I don't feel well. I know I am a nut.

Debbie - thank you! There is also one on the FOK planner. I bought all the ingredients if I have time today I will make the sauce. Can't wait.

Doreen - thank you!

BBL

Today I did CDorner's live workouts. First was Low Impact Party 46 minutes, heart rate 150/184, 293 calories, 4,536 steps. This was a lot of fun and fun music. I then did the 15 minute at home ab workout 17 minutes, 40 calories, 91 steps. The abs were okay, but I could feel it in my neck from holding my head up off the floor. Then there was the 2 minute plank section at the end. Not too bad, but I just did not go up on my hands and held them through the moves on my forearms. Total time was 63 minutes, 333 calories, 4,627 steps. My granddaughter and I went to Walmart. I wanted to get done before the rain comes in.

Debbie, the kickbox and abs workout is fun. I have done it before. I don't understand these people with all of the oil added to food. Just because it is a healthy fat does not mean you can eat huge amounts. I have always cut back on the fat. I checked out the Clif High Pure Sleep Powder. The ingredients are similar to others I have used, but nothing with that large of an amount of GABA. I gather nutmeg is more for the flavor. I have used some similar, but with more magnesium. Vital Proteins Moon Milk which has GABA collagen, magnesium and melatonin and the Vital Proteins Sleep which has GABA L theanine collagen and magnesium, Also the sleep shots. They all help relax and sleep. I think the Moon Milk has 2 mg of melatonin in it and the sleep shots has 1. Not sure on that though. But, none of those I have used has that much GABA in them. Ashwagandha and reishi also has a calming relaxing feeling. I use those a lot particularly before bedtime. Along with magnesium. Right now New Chapter Magnesium with ashwagandha and I just added the Gaia Nightly Restore adrenal formula that has the reishi, cordiceps, and ashwagandha in it. I checked the amounts of ashwagandha and it is not too much to take the magnesium and the nightly restore together. I have some melatonin here, but to be honest I cut them in half as they are 5mg and they work, except most nights I take one I wake up around 3 or 4 am and have a hard time falling back to sleep and then I am tired in the morning. I think having some meat occasionally is good as it will help keep you from lacking in some nutrients your body might be missing.

Doreen, nice work on the workout that you have had saved.

Jolie, nice that you got out for a walk while your son was working on the computer. It sounds like you have a good plan for Memorial Day. I think that my husband and I will just be hanging out at home. No plans anyway.

Belinda, I am sorry they put you on antibiotics again. Everytime I have had to take antibiotics which is not much, I get a good probiotic or gut restoring product to help the good bacteria. Although you have to be careful of which varieties of probiotics you use as some could make more problems instead of less. I wish I knew something that would help through the process of taking the antibiotic for you. Actually doing something helps take the mind off of focusing on the pain and discomfort to me.

Yesterday was my rest day. Today I had to get out of the house because my son is taking his finals online and needs it really quiet, so I went for a 3.4 mile walk and burned 621 calories. It is warmer here now so it make walking very enjoyable. What is everyone doing for the Memorial Day holiday? My husband has to work both Saturday and Monday so we may try playing some golf on Sunday at this place called the Ranch in Laguna Beach. It is a great resort on the ocean and then after golf there is live music and cocktails and food on the terrace overlooking the ocean. They have Corn Hole, the game, I love playing that game!

Debbie, great mobility workout today. I cannot believe that you worked out for 50 minutes yesterday and only burned around 100 calories! How is that possible? I burn that just sitting on the couch watching tv!

Belinda, I hope you feel better!!! Have you tried Garlic Oil with Mullen for your ears? Lay on your side and put it in your ear for around 15 minutes and then do the other side, it will kick out any infection, virus or bacteria in less than 24 hours. I would do it in the am and pm for a few days and watch the pain just go away. You can get it at Sprouts.

Roselyn, nice workout yesterday.

Diane Sue, Great kickboxing and dance workout! Sounds like fun!

Doreen, I will check out that instructor that you found on Youtube! Way to go with finding these new workouts for us to preview.

Have a wonderful day.
Jolie - I can't put anything in my ear, not even water. I have to be careful when I wash my hair. The moisture in will create an inner ear infection from hell for me. My ear canal is shaped differently, putting water/or whatever into it will sit and brew up an infection. Been there done that:( I appreciate your info and help!

Diane, my doctor gave me probiotic plus something for nauseous in case I need it. I just hate taking it. I got really sick in the hospital form the IV's antibiotics. The doctors told me it shouldn't upset my stomach since it was going through an IV. The were wrong .I have never had excruciating pain like that in my life. Hard to take your mind of the pain if you curled up in pain. Not to mention I had diarrhea for over 24 hours, TMI. The nurses gave me some for the pain plus fluids through the IV. I couldn't keep anything down. Plus, the gave me heating bottles and all kind of stuff to help with the pain. Those were not your regular stomach pain. The doctors had to take me off the IV's antibiotics after the severe side effects I was experiencing.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.