Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2021

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I can't believe it's May already. I got up early this morning to get my workout in.

I did SBF D41 UB. I will go for a nice long walk shortly.

I will be back later to catch up on personals.

Today I did Cathe Step Boss Low Impact Hiit, 31 minutes, heart rate 145/172, 187 calories, 2171 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Ripped and Ride December 2020 using the treadclimber and 5,8,10# dumbbells, 35 minutes, heart rate 132/166, 179 calories, 2,237 steps. Total time was 66 minutes, 4,408 steps, 366 calories.
I found the safety key to the Tread Climber in an unlikely place when looking in the garage for weed killer. It was in a basket of garden supplies so I am guessing it fell there in the moving truck or someone found it and put it there. I have one coming from Bowflex that should be here any day. I had ordered one from Amazon and it came without the magnet on it. I still have not received a refund for that one. It won't be much and they should give back the shipping as they charged 7 dollars for shipping and charged 3 dollars for the key.

Belinda, nice work getting up early and getting your workout in. I did not wake up till 9 am as we stayed up late working on hanging things in the office and clearing out stuff to put away. Really I may have slept longer if Gertie had not come in to get me up. I thought she needed outside and nope, she went straight for where her dog food is stored. Silly doggie wanted to eat and couldn't wait for me to get up.

I went to the thrift for the first time in forever and found 3 of the Susan Chung Rapid Fire DVDs... I had #3 and the thrift had 1,2 & 4... I did #1 shadow boxing segment Saturday morning and I enjoyed it. Everybody has a slightly different kickbox style of creating combos. I started the kickboxing segment but the puppy needed to go out and I didn't feel like it when I came back.

Today I went ahead and did it, I did Yvette Bachman's HIIT, Cardio Step/Circuit Heavy Weights and it damn near killed me, in a good way. I have not done one of her workouts in a long time and boy oh boy are they tuff stuff. Workout was 1 hour and 8 minutes, it focuses on legs, Biceps and Back, heavy weights x 12 reps and Core at the end. I burned 683 calories and I am dripping wet. Wow! I loved it. I was supposed to do a total body workout but this sounded like more fun so this is what I did. Next week I start week 3 of STS meso 1.

Doreen, Awesome find at the thrift store. I had all of her dvds at one point but for some reason I just couldnt get into them at the time. I sure wish I still had them, since I like different workouts now compared to 10 years ago. What ever happened to her? I wonder if she has workouts online?

Belinda, nice workout yesterday.

Diane Sue, yeah on finding the key to your gym equipment!!! I am still finding stuff jammed into boxes where it should have never been put in the first place. Nice workout yesterday!

Happy Sunday. My son had his Spring Football Game yesterday, I didnt get to go but I watched it on TV. He did really well. Now, my husband is driving home with him today, he will be home for the month of May!!!!!!! I am so happy. :)

Reactions: WD
Hi,

Went for a long walk today and did a stretch. I decided I will do Cathe's May rotation with CL workouts.

Doreen - great find.

Jolie - glad your son did well and will stay home for a month. Great job today.

Diane - I get up very early, usually I am up by 5.am. LOL, about Gertie...she was hungry. I am still going through stuff. DS and I went through some things in the basement. He is helping me move things. It will take some time since DH can't do anything, but it will get done.

BBL

So Friday morning I woke up with a stiff neck because I guess I slept wrong. Which is odd because ever since I bought that wedge pillow and have the small My Pillow, I haven't had a sleeping neck issue. So I did my leg workout Friday and was ok. Saturday morning I woke up and couldn't move my head to the left (what is up with my freakin' left side of my body???) It hurt all day and even after taking ibuprofin and Aleve, nothing helped the pain go away. I used a heating pad that evening and felt a bit better yesterday. My DH got me a massage beater thing for my birthday and I used it on the side of my neck and down my upper back and that made it feel better but it is still really bothering me today.

I just don't get it, I am so careful with my workouts and cannot figure out why I keep getting these pulled muscles. It may have been from sleeping wrong but how does sleeping wrong make it last for days and days? Just so sick of all this. I feel like just sitting on my couch and becoming a couch potato. Maybe then I won't be in pain all the damn time. :(

Anyways, I just walked on my treadmill this morning to get something in. I walked for 45 minutes, burned 244 calories, went 2.05 miles (TM said 2.36 miles WTF), did 4993 steps and HR was 107/116.

Belinda - Have fun with your new rotation!!

Jolie - Great job with Yvette's workout. Sounds like a really tough one!!

Diane - Glad you found the key to your treadmill. Mine is tied onto the treadmill so I don't lose it. Great a job with your workout on Saturday!

Doreen - Thrift stores are awesome!!

Have a great day everyone!!

This morning I did a Heather Robertson Full Body on Youtube. Good workout, 3 rounds of each exercise. Then I took the puppy out and then came back and rode my spin bike for 20. Finally felt like I had a good workout for the first time in forever!

Hi,

Today I did CL# 88 Athletic Training and SBF D43 UB Circuit. Not sure if I get a walk in today, it's raining.

Debbie - I am so sorry you about your stiff neck. I hope you feel better soon.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in today.

Today I did STS Disc #7, Chest, Shoulders and Biceps and had a fantastic workout. There are so many pushups in this workout I dont know how even an advanced workout person could even do what Cathe does! I of course, did all types of Chest Presses instead. Workout was 55 minutes and I did extra stretching and my calorie burn was 389. My son and husband made it home last night so I am so excited for the next month being able to catch up with him before he goes back to school for year #4 already!!! Saturday I hit my knee really bad on an open drawer in my bathroom and really did a number on the knee cap. I have a chiro appointment on Wed. am to get it adjusted. I put CBD cream on it yesterday and I cannot believe how good it works compared to Aleve or even Advil. Wow, I am going to start using it on my aches and pains going forward. My son uses it all of the time but I had never tried it before, he told me how good it worked too.

Debbie, sorry you are experiencing aches and pains again, maybe try the CBD cream like I did, it was incredible. I have woken up sore and stiff and it has really done a number on me like it has you. Just keep stretching and it will relax soon. At least you got to walk on the TM today, I cant even do that right now with my sore knee. There is a device out there called a Beemer, it is incredible what it does for you. Check it out and find a place that you can go and get a session, most holistic doctors have them if they are smart. I bet it would work wonders for your pain. I am doing it on Wed. when I go for my adjustment.

Doreen, nice workout today! The puppy sounds like a lot of work LOL!

Belinda, wow, you can do Athletic Step with your knees!!! Go for you, you go girl!!! I love those types of workouts, that is why I do Yvette's workouts, I think they are a little slower than Cathe's and maybe not as hard?

Diane Sue, I hope you have a great workout today. I will check back in later to read your post.

Roselyn, Have a great workout today.

Have a wonderful day, I am because both of my kids are home at the same time which is rare and I am going to enjoy it! Oh, and it is sunny, which makes me so happy :) I named my house, "Casa Del Sol", House of the sun.

Jolie - I did d CL# 88 Athletic Training not Athletic Step. I think Yvett's workouts are tough and very high impact, IMO! I always modify down if I need too. I am on a different pace than Cathe, it works for me with my cranky knees. Great job on STS D7 today.

Feeling a bit better today, yesterday the pain traveled into my traps. Still have a bit of a sore neck, but not too bad. Hope this is about done.

I walked on my treadmill for a bit, 25 minutes, burned 141 calories, went 1.18 miles, did 2903 steps and HR was108/123.

Then I did CDorner's Neck and Shoulder Stretch that I have done several times. Love this one and it made me feel very good when I was done. She needs to do a couple more of these. It is 18 minutes which is perfect for me.

Belinda - Thanks! I'm a bit better today. Just getting real frustrated with this crap, it's getting very old. Nice job on your workout yesterday! How are you feeling with the plant based diet so far? I made the Vegetable Risotto from FOK and it is really good. They have a lot of new recipes out there now. I still haven't had the time to sit and go over the meal planning thing. I will soon, though. I wish my husband would eat this way but he won't hear of it. I worry about his health, that's for sure.

Jolie - Ouch on the knee! I hate when that happens. The CBD cream is a good idea, I may get some and try it. Icy Hot doesn't work, neither does Aspercreme. I've been meaning to tr CBD just haven't yet. Where did you get yours from? Great job with your workout, you are killing it!! I read up on the Bemer therapy and looks like something that would benefit me. I may look into that this summer when I'm off from work. Thanks!!

Well, I gotta get. I have a Spelling Bee Thursday night so I'm getting all the stuff ready for that. 3rd and 4th graders, they are so cute!! Have a great day everyone!!

This morning I did the first part of Susan Chung rapid fire #2 - which is more kickboxing combos. I'm a little out of practice on my kickboxing! (KCM does a lot of boxing) But this was another fun set of combos.

Jolie - I know what you mean - years ago if I wasn't gasping for breath and dying every workout I didn't think it was tough enough. Now I appreciate a more reasonable approach to working out.

Good morning,

I did CL# 101 Step & Pump plus SBF D44 Cardio Sculpt. I kept everything low impact. Had a great birthday workout today.

Debbie - glad you starting to feel better.I am doing really good on the FOK diet. I am losing a lot of weigh. I lost a total of 9 pounds since I signed up for the meal planner. I took it easy last week with my workouts and still lost weight. I am on a steady streak losing weight. I am eating until I am full too. I have more energy. I'll be honest I don't miss meat at all. My husband eats vegan food but still eat meat. My DD/DS and DIL all eat meat. My DD made a pasta dish from the cooking class we did a few month go completely vegan. DD even made from scratch a vegan fish sauce which you needed for the dish.

That's it for me today. I will be back tomorrow.

Today I went for a walk outside, 2.4 miles, 45 minutes and burned 428 calories. The first mile was downhill and then I walked back up hill to get home. It was a Butt Burner for sure :) Tomorrow will be my rest day, I am going to the Chiro first thing in the morning to get my knee, wrist and toe adjusted all of it on the left side. Today my knee was not liking my walk so it is time to get my self aligned.

Debbie, When I do the Beemer, it is the best I have ever felt in 20 years! I think I will do it tomorrow when I see my Chiro, she only chargers $30 for 16 minutes. I might buy one for my home, she is a distributor for them and I know she would give me a great deal, but they are expensive like everything else. Nice workout today and I am so happy that your neck is getting better.

Belinda, nice CL workout today! My Intermitted Fasting is working slowly but surely, I have gone down 1 size in cloths. I never get on the scale to see about my weight because I become obsessed and it then takes over my life. I cant go down that path right now, it stresses me out!

Doreen, way to go with Susan Chung again! I like her workouts because she really teaches like you are in a Karate class and she is a stickler about form. I am going out to the garage to see if I can find any or if I gave them all away.

Roselyn, way to go with Body Beast Chest. Those are fantastic workouts. I may do those after STS Meso 1.

Diane Sue, I hope you have a great workout today.

Have a tremendous day my friends!

I have not had time for long workouts. I did Coffey Fit Raw Hi/Lo Step yesterday, 42 minutes, heart rate 130/170, 218 calories, 3,798 steps. So many zooms and things to do lately. I am just going to do what I can as I know tomorrow I will probably have to take a rest day. I take my granddaughter to her school for testing in the morning early and she will call when she is done in the afternoon, so I will take that opportunity to get some shopping done since my grandson will be in class tomorrow.
Today I did CDorner Lower Body Workout (Butt & Thigh tabata) 43 minutes, 137 calories, heart rate 103/129. I wish I could have added some cardio. This is the workout Debbie did. I liked it a lot. I used 15, 20, and a bit of 25# with that workout. I did not do much with the 25# dumbbell though. Holding it up in front seems to make my shoulders and neck tense up.

Debbie, the same thing happens to me. I will be doing good and then suddenly for what seems no reason I wake up with pain. My neck was bothering me when I woke this morning, but I am sure it was from coughing so hard with my allergies and suddenly I seem to be having reflux on top of it. I lost my small my pillow somewhere in the bed last night. I contemplated one of the full body workouts, but was afraid to I would get something started. Maybe Thursday.... I think my allergies are at an all time worst ever.
I don't think becoming a couch potato would help. Most people that do not work out seem to have more bad stuff and immobility going on. At least in my age group. I was a bit sore Sunday, but I had done lots of yard work and planting, and helped my husband uproot a tree. My husband would not do a vegetarian based diet either. I like the Biofreeze that I use better than the Aspercream. I used to use Tiger Balm all of the time, but Biofreeze is better. I keep thinking maybe if I jumped in the whirlpool tub before bed I might not be as stiff in the morning. Wish I had something to suggest, but I don't as I am in the same boat.

Belinda, I used to get up very early all of the time, but with my husband sleeping days and working nights, I have to alter my schedule. I cleaned till midnight and got up at 6:15 this morning which is only a few minutes before the grandchildren arrive. I like getting up early as long as I get some sleep.
Happy Birthday and I hope you love the Cathe Live rotation.

Jolie, I hope your knee feels better and the chiro gets it all fixed up for you. I am sorry the walk did not help your knee. Nice work on the intermittent fasting.

Roselyn nice work on the CDorner Tabata workout.

Doreen, nice work pulling out Susan Chung. I like her combos and generally burn some decent calories doing them. I just forget about them.

Good morning,

STS TB is done. I will do a stretch later.

Diane - thank you! So far I enjoy Cathe's rotation.

Happy Hump Day!

Feeling pretty good today and was going to do a step workout. However, I am still a bit achy in the trap area so I figured I'd give it one more day. I just walked on my treadmill again and luckily I'm reading a good book so the time went by fast.

Workout was 45 minutes, burned 253 calories, went 2.07 miles (TM said 2.35 miles), did 5030 steps and HR was108/120.

Doreen - Me too, if I wasn't killing myself with each workout, I felt like I wasted my time. Now I know better. I have been able to maintain my weight for years and I'm not working out half as much as I used to. Weird.

Belinda - Wow, that is awesome that you losing so much weight with the plant based diet!! Good for you!! My weight hasn't fluctuated that much but my abs are a little fluffier than I like. But I haven't been extremely good with my eating either, especially on the weekends. Need to reign that in. I watched the latest video Hungry Vegan Mama put up and she recommends this one multi-vitamin/supplement for vegans and I think I will try it. I will compare the mg of things this has versus what I'm taking now and decide. But it looks like a good one: https://lovecomplement.com/products/complement-plus-smart-vegan-capsules

Jolie - Good job on your walk yesterday, hope your knee is ok. I used to use magnets for treatment years ago and they did work very well. I know the Bemer thing is a bit different than just magnets, but it certainly looks like something to try. Right now I could use a full body massage!! LOL!

Diane - Wasn't that tabata workout good? I just received the bands I ordered from Chris's Amazon store. Wow, they start out at 30#, then I think 40# and I think the highest one is 60#. I want to do that workout again and try them. How on earth did you lose your pillow in your bed? LOL!! Yea, this pain came out of nowhere, so frustrating. And I was just kidding about being a couch potato. I'm so hyper I couldn't do that if you paid me. But I just get so frustrated with these setbacks all the time. I know you know what I'm talking about!!

Roselyn - Good job with your workout!! Glad you tried that workout, hope you liked it!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.