Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2021

Belinda that is awful. Those kind of experiences make it hard knowing it may happen again. I will be praying for you.

Diane, thank you for the prayers. It was awful. My body doesn't tolerate antibiotics well. Had my cat scan today, I will get the results tomorrow.

Reactions: WD
This morning I did CDorner's 45 Minute Crazy Fun Low Impact Cardio workout and had a blast. Awesome music in this one, anytthing with 70's and 80's music is for me. I will definitely be doing this one again. At the end she has some tabata sequences with 1 or 2# weights, I used my 1# sand weights. Great workout, I think this one is so far my favorite from her.

Workout was 45 minutes, burned 288 calories (she said she burned over 400!!! Holy moly!!), did 4125 steps and HR was 122/168.

Belinda - So sorry you are feeling so crappy, I remember you went through this about this time last year. Why don't they give you a steroid pack? I wonder if that would help? It's crazy how your body doesn't do well with antibiotics, that is so odd. If I were you, I wouldn't even try the antibiotics. Crazy that your doctor gave you a prescription.

Doreen - Did you like that Tracy Sheen workout?

Jolie - We are getting together with my two of my brother-in-laws for Memorial Day. Sunday I'm planting flowers and doing lawn work at my moms and Saturday it's suppose to rain all day so not sure what we will do. Probably clean my house and I need to get my summer things out and my winter things put away. It will be a good day to do that. I don't know why my calorie burns are so low when I lift weights. Unless I lift really heavy, my HR doesn't go up much.

Diane - I did the workout you did live yesterday, what a fun workout. So are her workouts any different doing them live than when you do them afterwards? I'm thinking once I'm off for the summer I'll be able to follow one of her live classes here and there. I'm looking forward to it. I love her workouts, if she ever charged for people to do her online workouts, I'd pay no questions asked. I don't know much about those sleep powders as I never need help with sleep. I'm lucky, I'm like my mom - we both sleep like the dead. If I ever had issues, I might try that powder I posted yesterday in that Youtube video. When is school over for your grandkids? Hopefully next year will be back to normal and you can have some freedom!!

Roselyn - Great job with your workout, how are you enjoying the new rotation? Are you still following it?

Have a wonderful holiday weekend! I'm not sure if I'm working out on Monday or not, I'll see how I feel. I like taking holiday's off so we'll see. I'll be checking in to see what you all do, though!!!

Good morning,

I went for a 3 mile walk early this morning.

Debbie - it is crazy. My body doesn't do well with antibiotics. I probably took to much in Germany. Every-time I had a sinus/ear infection they gave me antibiotics. When I was diagnosed with RP I was on steroids for over 3 month. I rather not take so much medication all they do is mess me up.Great job this morning.

Have a great day and workout everyone.

Debbie - Tracy Sheen holds some potential I think. She's very calm as an instructor and her cardio is mostly low impact or easy to follow in the one I did. I looked at her channel last night and have some more I'd like to try.

This morning I did a collection of CDoerner. I started with one round of a kickbox cardio, then switched and did a couple circuits of one of her upper body and then switched and did a couple circuits of her lower body. I really need to find a program or series - I never seem to be able to decide what to do these days!

Belinda, try sitting next to an Infrared light pointing at your ear, that will kill anything that is a foreign Pathogen. Also, you will not be putting anything in your ear so you should be able to tolerate the heat from the lamp. Try 10 minutes two times per day. I use my lamp and haven't been on Antibiotics in over 10 years.

Today I had a fantastic workout, STS Meso 2 Disc #15 Back and Biceps. Since there is a 1 minutes rest break between sets I did leg exercises, rowing or ab exercises and ended up having a really great workout. I am too antsy to wait a full minute till my next set so that is what I did and it worked out great. I burned calories in 65 minutes. Heart rate was 113/165. FYI, I have been bad on my diet the last week, after the holiday I have to start eating cleaner. When ever my son is in town it is so hard to eat healthy since he eats so much good food around me.

Debbie, fun workout today! It sounds like your weekend is going to be fun and busy. We have sun all weekend but a high of 70 degrees. That is so nice that you are planting flowers for your mom!

Belinda, nice that you got in a great walk today. Try the infrared light it does amazingly good things for the body.

Doreen, you are having a tuff time trying to find workouts that you like lately. That is the same for me and it is why I went back to STS because I have done it too many times to count and I enjoy it and the results that I get.

Roxie, congrats on the new house!!!

Diane Sue, I hope you have a great workout today!

Have a wonderful day!!!

This morning I played with my grandson and we went outside for a bit. Everything is soaked as we had a heavy downpour. I just did CDorner Step Aerobics 80's Hair Band, 47 minutes, heart rate 135/178, 232 calories, 3,957 steps. That is it for me. I woke up during the night with my shoulder hurting all the way to my elbow. Not feeling too energetic. This was a fun workout and I really did like the music as well. I wanted to do a stretch, but not enough time and my husband is off today. I just ordered some Vital Proteins lactose free whey powder to try. It has whey and collagen in it. I see Kelly has a new Raw workout that is Cardio using kettlebells and high step and looks different. I want to watch it before I attempt it though.

Debbie, I really loved that workout that I did yesterday too. I liked it so much I was tempted to do it again. The workout I did today is from I think 3 months ago or something like that. It has great music on it as well. The workouts are the same as her live ones. The one I did today though she explains she had to redo some of it because of Louie the dog. So there is a sudden stop and it goes back into the workout. She puts bloopers at the end of what happened to make her redo part of it. She was having a hard time stepping as Louie kept moving and sitting by the step bench. The workouts go right up once the live session is over, but you have to forward through the advertisements for her channel and stuff and her pre-workout chit chat to start the workout. It takes a day or two before she has them up without all of the stuff at the beginning of live. If you watch via a computer with the live ones you can see the comments scrolling during the workout, so I am guessing you can comment if you want to. I did that when I did the kickboxing dance one in my second workout room thinking it might have more space. My grandson usually takes over that room when I workout in the other room. I have a large all in one computer in there that is larger than the tv in that room. I don't think there is more room there though.
I think I should have used 1# weights yesterday instead of the two that I did, and not done the plank work as I think that is why my shoulder and elbow were hurting last night. It is better today, but it sort of put a stop to another weight workout today. The ab workout was just okay. She is very specific on directions on how to make sure you are working the abs well, which I like, but it was mainly bicycles and ended with the plank work. She did crunches with arms extended and head lifted which was hard on my neck. I don't know how she comes up with burning so many calories. I keep thinking maybe she is taller and I am sure she weighs more than I do. I don't get it. I burned 293 calories with that workout and my Garmin.

Belinda, I hope the CT scan results are helpful and will provide some insight on how to handle all of that without so much trial and error coming up with something that works. Yes, those steroids and antibiotics are things that we do not want to have to use too much for the health problems they also cause when trying to get rid of something else. I am glad that you got your walk in today.

Doreen, nice mix of CDorner workouts. I have used portions for shorter cardio workouts when I wanted to do weights as well with time constraints. Still works for a good workout. I was thinking Tracey Sheen seems familiar, but I am mixing the name up with Kimberly Sheen. I just have not been able to attempt a rotation type of workout because I never know what my body is going to be okay with till I get started. Kind of frustrating, at times, but I am pretty much maintaining my health goals.

Jolie, it is hard when family is around and you have all of this extra food around. My grandson keeps me loaded up with cheetos, crackers and cheese, cookies(he likes to make cookies), Reeses anything and mainly junk. I get tempted with the chips and crackers late at night. With some of the health things that have cropped up I have started working harder on getting back to foods that will help me get my energy back. Great job on STS today.

Hi,

DH and I went for a short 1 mile walk in the rain this morning, I also did Fit Split Mixed Impact Cardio Pull Day. My doctor called yesterday, he didn't get the results from the cat scan. I got the cat scan done at a community Radiology off base. Next time I will get it done on base instead. Oh well, it looks like I have to wait until Tuesday.

Jolie - at this point I would try anything. Which infrared light would you recommend? I went on Amazon, they have way too many to pick?

Diane - I took way to much antibiotic in Germany even here in the US. Every time I have an infection in my sinus/ear I get antibiotics. I think I am resistance to antibiotic. I agree taking so much isn't good for our body. In Hawaii I took so much antibiotics, didn't do anything for the infection in my finger.

Doreen - I used Tracy Sheen band workouts and some weight workouts a long time ago. I really like her. So many great instructors on YT. I follow so many great instructors.

Off to get some rest. Have a great weekend.

Today I did CDorner #118 Fun Step Aerobics (with a summer theme as far as music and moves) It was fun, and I was glad when she turned the music up about half way through. I wondered if someone mentioned it while she was doing it, because you could not hear it well before that. 64 minutes, heart rate 142/178, 5,525 steps.
I then did the 10 minute Triceps she did after this workout, 13 minutes, heart rate 86/110, 30 calories. I finished with CDorner Neck and Back stretch, 30 minutes, 37 calories, heart rate 74/97. Total time was 114 minutes, 429 calories, 5,525 steps I did not check the steps for the Triceps work or stretch. I am sure it was not much. Somewhere in there I got in another 334 steps which would be those two workouts and a trip to the door to pull in packages between.
CDorner Triceps 10 minutes
uses a band and pair of dumbbells 10# 1 minute each exercise which the whole thing is suggested can be done more than once. She says she is putting these on on weekends to get some that do not do weights to have something to get a start.
triceps kickbacks with palms rotating up 10# dbs
band 1 arm Triceps press downs
floor
close grip press little/big press 10# dbs
skull crusher with band around forearms and holding a 10# dumbbell (band for positioning)
band around forearms reverse plank hold option is to continue with skull crushers.
( I thought she said 7 moves no repeats, but I do not count 7, I count 6 if you count the 1 arm press downs as two

Belinda, I am sorry they did not get the CT scan results in sooner. And it being a holiday weekend it makes it longer. Glad you got you walk in even though it is raining.
I have my heart CT in a couple of weeks and it is going to be a long process as I have to be in at 10:45 for check in and I do not get to see the doctor for results till 1:15. I am just going to wait there as it would take me an hour to drive home and back. I guess I will drag along reading material. If I am lucky they will get me it done sooner. They did the last time I did this, except this is around lunch time.

Debbie - did I dream this up? I thought you posted a cauliflower recipe not too long ago. I can't find it? I bought all the ingredients :)

Diane - luckily, I don't have to wait for the results. My doctors call me for all my results. The only time I had to wait was when I had the covid test, I needed a blood tests. I hear you on the drive. I also have to drive over 45 min one way. I always try to get everything done so I don't have to drive multiple time. I would take lots of reading with me. I also walk outside when waiting. Hope you get in sooner and don't have to sit and wait. Fingers crossed!

Belinda, there is a recipe that Debbie posted on page 7 of our check in for the sauce she eats with vegetables and soba noodles etc.
The wait is better to me than going back for each thing. I had changed it to when I did not have grandchildren I had to leave at home to worry about. July I have to go to the Arthritis center and it will be more like a 45 minute one way trip. I am glad I generally only go there 2 times a year unless I have problems.

Here is the recipe if it is what you are looking for.
I just got nutritional yeast for the nondairy parmesan cheese recipe in my new cookbook. Very similar.
The Yummiest Vegan Cheese Sauce Ever by Plantiful Kiki (youtube channel)

Takes about 20 minutes to make. This is for half the recipe, when I make the full amount I can't eat it all in a week so I cut it in half, so this is what I make every Sunday for my snack with veggies:

1 1/2 cups peeled diced potatoes (Russetts are the best tasting)
1/4 cup diced carrots
1/4 cup raw cashews (no need to soak)
2 tbsp. nutritional yeast (I use Braggs)
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp lemon juice
water from boiled veggies (about 1 - 1.5 cups)

Boil potatoes and carrots in water until soft, about 15 minutes. Drain but keep the water.

Add all the other ingredients (except lemon juice) in a high-speed blender and mix together. Once veggies are done, add them in along with lemon juice and some water. Blend until creamy and keep adding water to make it the consistence you want. Done!!

Per 1/2 cup serving:

79 calories
10 g. carbs
2.7 g. fat
3.8 g. protein

Truly, this is the best cheese sauce. I cannot tell a difference between this and real cheese sauce. I add it to rice, soba noodles, broccoli, cauliflower and it is a great dip for raw veggies as well. Try it!!!

Diane - thanks for the recipe. I got this one. I was looking for the cauliflower one with the miso in it? I was going to make it that day but I didn't had miso. Debbie - posted another recipe?

Belinda - I think I posted a couple of other recipes maybe last month but I don't think they had cauliflower in them? Not sure. I'll try to find them.

ETA - I posted some recipes in January but one was the cheese sauce recipe and the other was a tomato soup one - Jan. thread on pg 3. No cauliflower in it, though. Sorry!

Last edited:
Belinda - I think I posted a couple of other recipes maybe last month but I don't think they had cauliflower in them? Not sure. I'll try to find them.

ETA - I posted some recipes in January but one was the cheese sauce recipe and the other was a tomato soup one - Jan. thread on pg 3. No cauliflower in it, though. Sorry!
Thanks Debbie! I must have seen the recipe on the China Study cookbook, lol? I have your cheese and tomato soup recipes.

Today I did CDorner Cardio Party workout again(a little longer because I did the warm up and start of another one) 52 minutes, 320 calories, heart rate 146/175, 5,155 steps. I followed it with CDorner Relaxing Full Body Stretch//flexibility & mobility which is a favorite and I love the music, 28 minutes, 44 calories, heart rate 78/97. Total time was 80 minutes, 364 calories. It is pouring rain today. I hope that you all enjoy your Memorial Day.

Belinda, nice work on Fit Split Boxing and Legs and your walk today.

I am on week 3 of my rotation today was back and then i walked on TD

Today would of been my parents 58th wedding anniversary, I went over to see my mom to break up her day, I know death is a part of life but the grief over the loss of my dad still hurts so much.

great workouts!!

Roselyn, nice work today. I hope that you had a nice visit with your mom and that it helps some when you are together.

I pre-ordered Cathe's new Total Body Boss Band workout on dvd and downloads with those long bands. I don't need the other bands and am not sure I want the other workout. Pictures look like a lot of floor work although there is some abs. Probably much like I did with Chris today. I will wait for previews of videos.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.