Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2021

Hi,

We picked Chu Chu up this afternoon :( I ordered 3 clay paw prints. DH only saw one. Who in the HELL puts paw prints under his ashes in the urn? WTH! Who wants to play with ashes to get to the paw prints. What is wrong with people these day's? I ordered extra paw prints for my kids when Brawler passed. They just handed those to use.

SBF D60 Intermediate Mat + Bikini Butt is done.

Debbie - thank you! I feel a little better knowing Chu Chu is with us again. My son said the exact same thing to me the other day, lol. He told me to adopt another dog. I am not ready for another dog right now maybe in a few weeks/month. I know those fur babies needs a good home.

Jolie - I haven't worked out very hard lately. I do mostly barre with CL in between. SBF workout are very low impact/no stress workouts. I don't think my immune systems is compromised from working out. My immune system is compromised from the meds I have to take for RP.

Diane - I am trying to fight the sinus/ear infection without antibiotic which don't work on me anyway. Took to many over the last years. I think I am immune to it. I have a good team of doctors, they all take very good care of me. You can never be too careful, right?

Good night.

This morning I didn't feel much like working out, I'm really tired this morning. I walked on my treadmill for about 25 minutes and then I did CDorner's 18 minute Neck & Back Stretch. Love this one. I need to figure out the song that is played at the 14 minute mark of this workout, I really like it. LOL!

Belinda - Sorry, I called Brawler Browser. You know who I meant. :) WTH on those people putting the paw prints under the ashes? Why would they do that, that doesn't make sense. We had a paw print made of Bear, too. I get so sad when I see it. He was such a good cat. Good job getting a workout in.

Jolie - Waiting to hear what the surgeon said, hope you are doing ok. I believe that about soy and tofu. I tried using soy milk a long time ago and wow did that make my boobs hurt. Way too much estrogen. I will be staying far away from both. I wonder why it's so popular if it's so bad for you? Stupid question, McDonald's anyone? I just mean, all the healthy venues toot soy all the time, I don't get it. Great workout yesterday!!

Diane - I loved that Step & Strength workout, it was a good one. I changed up the ab work in it because I didn't really feel the reverse curls she did. That was a fun workout with great music. I was actually thinking I probably could have put my weighted vest around my waist, I might try that next time. Not sure how it will feel though.

Roxie, Doreen & Roselyn - Hope you are all doing well.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Good morning,

I went for 60 min walk outside. It was nice and cool outside, perfect for a walk. I will do some SBF today too.

Debbie - I didn't even noticed about Brawler. I still can't believe the put the paw prints under the ashes. We wondered about that too. I get sad when I look at the paw prints from Brawler and my daughters dog Pootcho :( It doesn't get any easier does it? Sorry about Bear.

Off to cleaning my house. BBL

Today I did Cathe Cardio and Weights timesaver premix just cardio, 37 minutes, 214 calories, heart rate 140/180, 2823 steps. I then did CDorner Killer Leg Day stopping at the bonus portion that was curtsy lunges alternating sides, she was holding 25's in front of her soldiers and I have done quite a few curtsy lunges already this week. Maybe I just didn't want to do it:p I did like the workout though and it was 40 minutes (with writing for me at my stopping point) 111 calories, heart rate 97/132, 369 steps. I finished with CDorner Full Body Stretch #47 that I did earlier this week, 28 minutes, 51 calories, 82 steps. I really like it and I like the music in it. Total time today was 105 minutes, 376 calories, 3,274 steps.

Debbie, I will have to pay attention to that song. I liked the music in the stretch that I did today and had put a heart by it in my notes when I did it the last time.

Belinda, great job on getting a workout in. I know they say that we should not take antibiotics too much as they lose effectiveness. In some cases it is a last resort though. It sounds like your doctors are careful though and good at checking other things out that might be affecting you. Hopefully results of tests are enlightening.

I just signed up for a plant based Grilling cooking class tomorrow. She will sent me the recording and the recipes. Not bad for $20. I also bought her Indian cooking class. Should be interesting. She is actually a chef!

Got my blood test back. Everything looks great. I guess eating a WFPB diet, I get all the vitamins my body needs. I am not taking extra vitamins like a multi vitamins. I keep forgetting to take it, lol.

Diane - I took too way too much antibiotics through out the years especially when we were stationed in Germany. Every time I had an infection I got antibiotic. I tell all the doctors that antibiotics isn't working on me. My German ENT doctor ran a test on which antibiotics would work on my ear/sinus infection. There was only one antibiotics that could help with the infection. The rest wasn't working. Every time someone wants to give me antibiotics I tell them too look it up in the computer. Luckily, all my military medical records are electronic. It doesn't matter where I am in the world they can look into my medical records. My primary doctor gets notified if I (or his other patients) been treated in any military hospital anywhere in the world. I took a lot of antibiotics in my husbands 32 years in the military. I am very carful what I put into my body now. I had no idea 15-20 years ago. Now I know better.

Reactions: WD
Hi,

Can't believe we had to put Chu Chu to sleep a week ago :( I miss him so much.

I went for a long walk before it got too hot this morning. I also did SBF D62 Lower Barre & BA Bounce + Cardio Bounce & Barre + Step. I also preordered Cathe's new Band Boss dvd's/downloads + bands. I also ordered extra set of all the bands for DH.

I had a zoom cooking class which was almost 3 hours. I didn't cook along since I didn't get the recipes before the class started. No big deal! I will definably make all the recipes she made. They look amazing!

Good night.

Today I did CDorner Step Aeriobics # 116, from today, heart rate 135/174, 313 calories, 5,322 steps, 58 minutes. I have been busy preparing for family day and birthdays tomorrow.

Belinda, nice work today. 3 hours of zoom cooking is long. I hope that you enjoy the recipes. Too bad you did not already have the stuff. I made salmon spread with dijon mustard and then ground flaxseed crusted over it. It had a grape and walnut salsa to put over it after baking. I had to use pecans as I forgot the walnuts. It was from the new cookbook that I got on Kindle for inflammation. I really liked it and will be making it again. I have not ordered the new Cathe workouts yet. I am thinking of just ordering the total body one with the long bands since I already have fabric smaller loop bands and have been doing workouts with CDorner using them. It kind of looks to me like the loop band one would be more floor type work and things like the Fit Tower. I will have to think about it. I suppose I do not have that much time, but they will still be for sale after the pre-sale.

I forgot to post yesterday. Today's workout was a beautiful walk outside, 4 miles, 78 minutes and burned 756 calories. Saturday's workout was another outdoor walk, 3.8 miles, 70 minutes and I burned 699 calories. It is now getting warmer and I love walking when it is sunny and warm outside.

Have a wonderful day! Cheers!

Taking a rest day today.

Diane - I signed up the day before, I am sure the chef was busy. It's all good. The recipes sounds amazing. Your recipe book sounds amazing. Enjoy! I think the price on the pre sale will go up soon. I ordered and I am done with. Cathe's customers service mention on the forum that Cathe's next dvd project will use those bands too.

Jolie - great job today.

Jolie, I bet the walk outside was nice.

Belinda, I hope you had a nice rest day. That is promising that Cathe's next project will use the bands too. I need to go back and look over the descriptions and stuff again.

Diane - across down to the last post from the forum admin.

Good morning,

CL# 224 Fit Tower Inferno is done. It's raining outside, no walk for me today.

Have a great Monday and workout, everyone.

What is going on with Amazon Prime deliveries? The last few orders I've placed have taken over 4 days to get to my house. Why am I paying for Prime? And you can't tell me there is a trucker shortage - I drive the Ohio turnpike every day to and from work and the turnpike is wall to wall truckers. Insane sometimes, actually. Arrgg!

This Morning I did CDorner's #113 - Step Aerobics Intermediate-Advanced Slower Paced workout and honestly, I was disappointed. The step moves were fun but way too slow of a workout for me, I should have known from the title. My HR was at 61 bpm around 15 minutes into the workout. I think my FB was having issues because I know it was higher than that, but still. I know it said "slower paced" but I didn't know it would be that slow. I was already running late so I couldn't find something else. Music was horrible as well, I just can't deal with rap music anymore.

Workout was 39 minutes, burned 204 calories (which surprised me because my HR was so low almost the whole workout), did 3939 steps and HR was 98/153.

No time for personals, so have a great day everyone!!!

Today is my rest day. I am having my house cleaned and I have a repair man here this morning. My feet are sore from all of the walking this weekend. It feels great to get a lot of sunshine, it makes me so much happier than when it is cloudy outside. I love the sun!

Debbie, bummer about todays workout and it not being good. Well, there is always tomorrow's workout! :)

Belinda, great job with the CL workout today! We have sun today and I couldn't be happier. Rain is so relaxing but I love to get outside.

BBL to read the other posts for the day.

I'm back to work now after last week with graduation. Oldest son all graduated - and he earned the top award at the school too (highest male GPA). Good but busy week with the family all in town. His party was Saturday and it hailed and rained but everyone still had fun.

Now I need to get back into the routine of working out again - I took so many days off with all the visitors and stuff going on!!

Today was a chest day I am doing a Dana Linn Bailey 6 week shred. It is $7.00 a month I wanted to try something different. So far I like today was hard.

Today I started with Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Sculpt Overload #2 and did 21 minutes of it, heart rate 137/169,122 calories, 873 steps. I only wore my 4 # vest and was using 1# dumbbells in place of egg weights. She was doing overhead presses and I just was worried. I really wanted weights though so went on to do Raw Tabata Sculpt, and had to do some modifications. This was 59 minutes(52 actual) heart rate 98/135, 167 calories, 393 steps. I finished off with CDorner Neck and Shoulder mobility stretch, 17 minutes, 24 calories, heart rate 77/97. Total time was 97 minutes, 313 calories, 1,266 steps.

Raw Tabata Sculpt has each movement combo done timed 8 cycles then moves to another combo The workout time is pretty short for each cycle(set)
Warm Up
tabata 1 push up/lunge 8 cycles of this at first it was lunge all right with a push up then it was all left then she alternated sides
1 minute rest
tabata 2 snatch or option curl (which I did) reverse lunge 8 cycles 15#
1 minute rest
tabata 3 scales/row 8 cycles 10# dbs
1 minute rest
tabata 4 upright row/ lateral raise (arms open out) 8# dbs (I started with 8's and dropped to 5's)
1 minute rest
tabata 5 curl/squat/kickback/squat up 10# dbs 8 cycles
1 minute rest
tabata 6 plank on dumbbells/sit through Option is to just hold planks 8 cycles (tough on the front of my shoulders and last set I did just the plank on my forearms)
1 minute rest
tabata 7 pullover/bench press 10# dbs 4 cycles then just skull crusher for 4 cycles
1 minute rest
tabata 8 knees pull in and extend straight 2# ankle weights(mine were 3#) 8 cycles (my hip flexors were screaming by the end)
stretch

Belinda, thanks for the link. It has been raining here lately pretty much every day. The sun does pop out occasionally for a little bit. It rained through the family day and I kept having to cover things while I grilled at the outdoor kitchen counter. Otherwise the food would have been wet while trying to put it in the grill. A plus though is our plants and lawn are looking great! I told my husband that the gardenia we planted a couple of weeks ago is getting flowers already. Also my tea roses are getting buds. I fertilized them about a week ago. I guess I am just thrilled after living at a house that had mostly mud for a back yard despite all of the trying and my plants grew in pots and did not do well. So I am enjoying it.
Nice work today on the Fit Tower Inferno. I know I have done that one, but I only did most of them once.

Debbie, I did that slower paced workout last Monday. I worked at speeding it up. It seemed to pick up a tiny bit about 20 minutes in, but was just too slow. I still got my heart rate up pretty well though, but I was adding in extra steps and hops where I could. I got a few more calories than you, but not that many. I posted that it was too slow. You are right, it was disappointing. And the music did not help it out. I won't be going back to that one.
My packages have came quick some times and really surprisingly quick, like next day, but I have had an influx of running late or new date, or wait a couple of days on packages. It is not only Amazon though. If packages are sent via Fed Ex, they seem to be extra slow. I ordered that safety Key from Bowflex in April and they said because of Covid things were slow, then it was shipped and had arrived in some City in Texas and has been there since May 4th. I went online and complained about it not arriving. Tracking just stops there. I am glad I found my original key, or I would be extra mad. I had to wait on several things that are just now showing up and it has been quite a long time. If they ship via USPS things get lost in Kansas and Colorado all of the time. Plus they are always delivering to the wrong residence. I am glad I figured out which neighbors house it was left at the other day, because I had complained immediately that I did not get my package, (I hate talking to a robot as it kept hanging up on me) They never did do anything about it. I don't know why the neighbor did not bring it over. I went there the next day after church, because I noticed the door step decor and knew that was the house. They had it inside. I would have taken a package right over if it was me. I find if I order and make sure it is Amazon Prime and says 1 or 2 day delivery it usually arrives on time. There is an Amazon warehouse not far from our house. I keep telling my husband to look for Amazon prime and check who the seller is. It makes a difference if it is 3rd party. Plus it is a pain to do returns when it is not prime. Now I do not have a UPS store around the corner. My husband ordered me a Jane Iredale violet eye shadow that I had been looking at quite some time ago, that is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I checked the Jane Iredale site and that was one of the shades that they were temporarily out of stock of. Maybe a lot of businesses have low stock. Maybe their employees aren't wanting to go back to work or something. I keep wondering why things are like they are.

Roselyn, I am glad that you are liking the 6 week shred workouts you are doing so far.

Jolie, I hope that you enjoyed your rest day today.

Today I did RAW Boxing & Legs 2, I REALLY love this workout, I did it once before and remembered it being a good one. So fun, music is just ok but not intolerable. Caitlin and Jane are in it and Jane is so funny. My legs were trembling when I got done, I haven't worked my legs in a while.

Workout was 36 minutes, burned 207 calories, did 3411 steps and HR was 114/158.

Jolie - What is going on with your dog? Did you see the surgeon last week? I hope things are going ok with him. Been wondering about that.

Doreen - Congrats on your son graduating!! I'm sure you had a busy few days there!

Roselyn - Great job with your workout and hope you enjoy your new rotation.

Diane - RAW Tabata Sculpt looks good, I might try that one on Thursday or Friday. Same thing happened with one of our neighbors, they always seem to get my Kohls orders and never bring them to my house. Everytime I get their mail or deliveries I take it to them, but they don't do that for me. I will not be doing it for them anymore either. I ordered a winter coat from Kohls, they received it and after the US Post Office told them more than once to return it, they never did. WTH? The mail lady got in trouble because she was doing this all the time, I mean seriously, how hard is it to look at an address? The post master general almost made the mail lady pay me back for the coat. Luckily Kohls reshipped one to me. She hasn't messed up a delivery since. Ridiculous.

Belinda - Great job with your workout yesterday! So I've been wanting to take one of those cooking classes, but I can't figure out what they could teach me about cooking veggies and stuff. LOL!! So I tried two recipes from the China cookbook so far - the oatmeal cookies which were just so/so, not sure why they have you cook the oats with the milk, it would be so much better with raw oats. I will try it again but not cook it next time. I also tried the burritos and those are really good. I really love the creamed cauliflower you make for this recipe. It's funny, I hate the smell of nutritional yeast, but I love the taste of it. So good!!!

Roxie - I have to tell you, I am really loving the Sephora Best Skin Ever foundation. It does not come off on masks (or hardly does). It lasts all day and looks really good. It's a thicker formula, but I really love it. I use a foundation brush to put it on. It is now my holy grail. LOL!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Hi everyone,

Today I walked not once but twice outside. After my walk DH wanted to go for a short walk. I probably will do a stretch later.

Debbie - great job on your workout this morning. I agree with you on what they could teach you/me anything new. I took the vegan, no oil grilling cooking class because I wanted to see how she is grilling without oil and not make the vegetable stick. I did sign up for a year at 25% off FOK meal planner. DH and I are loving the food. I made FOK Italian pasta without oil. My DH couldn't stop eating it. The vegan cooking technique is different than your traditional cooking. I always cooked with oil/non stick sprays. The oatmeal cookies does sound good. Haven't made any sweets yet. I will check out the creamed cauliflower, I bought a head of cauliflower for buffalo cauliflower.

Diane - glad you had a great weekend with your family. It rained all day long yesterday. Today it's nice outside. Perfect for walking. I am glad everything is growing nicely in your yard. I need to get same herbs to plant outside.

Jolie - how is your dog doing? Hope you enjoyed your rest day.

Doreen - congratulations on your son. You must be proud.

BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.