Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2018

This morning I did Ice Rock'm Sock'm timesaver #5 less kicks, 40 minutes, heart rate 137 average, 167 max, 256 calories, met 5.8, 3,544 steps.
I then did Ice Muscle Meltdown Triceps, 16 minutes, heart rate average 99, max 129, met 4.5, 79 calories, 138 steps and finished off with Sarah Beth Yoga on youtube, feel good hip opening hatha yoga, 15 minutes, 37 calories. Total time was 71 minutes, 372 calories.
weights giant set done 3 times 12 reps each exercise
overhead triceps extensions 12# dbs
kickbacks 12# dbs
dips body weight
lying triceps extensions 15# dbs
close grip bench press 15# dbs
I didn't put yesterdays biceps weights down , but it was mostly 15's and 12# on the preacher curls.

Debbie, nice work today. I usually set out a couple of different weight increments when I do home gym intervals so I have a heavier option if I want. You really got in some good steps too. I really want to try Kelly's streaming, but right now while I am trying to get rid of my soreness, I won't do it. The graduation was really nice. My daughter had an elaborate set of of graduation decor for the after gathering. We have two birthdays for the 18 year olds on Sunday :)

Afternoon everyone,

Sorry I didn’t post yesterday, me and grandkids was out and about, when I got home was tired.

Yesterday, I walked 1 hr 45 mins. Walking wasn’t on my rotation, my grandkids slepted in my basement, late sleepers, and I didn’t want to wake them; so I opted for a walk. Hope all is well with everyone, today is my rest day and that’s exactly what I’m going to do today.

Diane - Nice workout.

Debbie - How is the Ivy coming along? And congrats on your purchase, I got to check em out

Roselyn and Jolie Hello

Last edited:
Today I did Turbo Fire Hiit Low 20, 20 minutes, average heart rate 143, max 177, 130 calories. I then did Ripped with Hiit Low Impact Hiit mix a first half and two second half, 27 minutes, heart rate average 133, max 164, 172 calories. I finished off with Sarah Beth Yoga morning routine strength and energy 16 minutes and 10 minute cool down yoga hip and legs, 29 minutes, 73 calories. Total time was 76 minutes, 375 calories. I kept trying to use the workout manager and it would not recognize my log in. Then I remembered the change.

Debbie, I have not pre-ordered yet, but I know I will get them. I like the shorter strength options like the muscle melt down Giant Sets on Ice. They Pyramids will be great.

Doz, good job getting in the walk. My younger grandchildren are here tonight. We will be taking them to my daughters for a family birthday party tomorrow after church.

Morning guys,

Today’s workout I did Cardio Coach ‘press play and MIS Abs.

Weight lose 2.2 lbs. yaaaaay!

I will check back later, bath and cook breakfast.

Today is Sunday and I am feeling a lot better! I can actually breath today. I got my back adjusted the other day and my back is good today as well. I may go out for a walk today but it is really overcast and cool so not sure if I will or not. It is my husbands only day off so we may go out and about instead. Tomorrow I will be back at it but I have to ease back into it since I still have no energy and feel sick. This kicked my butt! I still have a lot of graduation festivities as school this week so my workouts might be few, but then I'm done!

Great job on your workouts this week ladies! DOZ I think I have lost some weight too, I haven't eaten much all week.

Happy Memorial Day weekend!

No workout. I even missed my stretching and foam rolling and can tell the difference. I need to get that in tomorrow. We had the double birthday and took my younger granddaughter home so she could stay at the party longer and swim.

Doz, nice job on the weight loss again :) You are doing great!

Roselyn, nice job on the tempo workouts and Yvette Bachman.

Jolie, glad that you are feeling better. Take it easy. Getting your health back is more important than the workouts. Some of those viruses can really zap the energy out of you. Add stress and it is a double whammy. My daughter took a couple of extra days off of work this weekend to help recoup after all of the wedding stress and graduations and birthdays. Her husband graduated masters, her oldest graduated college and going to law school, her youngest daughter graduated high school and then birthday for youngest. She has been hosting lots of gatherings and activities for sure. Then in the midst her youngest 7 broke his arm.

Happy Memorial Day!

I cant believe that I still don't feel that good, better but not back to normal. These colds last forever now days! Yesterday I took a 2 mile walk but had to cut it short because the weather got hot fast and I was dressed way too warm. I didn't sleep well last night so I am very tired today. I may just take one last day off from working out and start tomorrow. Until we get through finals and graduation life is going to be crazy around here.

Nice job getting the workouts in ladies!

I hope you all have a great day with your families and friends.

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Body Design all segments skipping stronger leaner lower, 80 minutes, 441 calories, met 5.0, 4,146 steps.
Weights for cardio sculpting were 3 and 5# and the same for weighted kickboxing.
Weights for Upper body strength
all exercises 10 reps 3 sets single arm
1 arm rows 25# db
1 arm lateral raise from behind 8# db
1 arm boxer pledge 15#
dips 1 arm
bench press 1 arm 15#

Jolie, another rest day sounds like it would do your immune system some good.

Morning,

GK slept in my basement; didn’t want to wake them up so early, decided to go for a brief walk, 1 hour. When I got home they were still sleep I said forget this, I’m doing my workout, not going to let anyone sabotage my workout’s lol. I did STS chest and back. They did even wake up lol.

Jolie- take a few days off, feel better.

Diane Sue- Nice work. Are you cooking today?

Doz, good for you getting your workout in anyway. LOL that they slept through you working out.

Roselyn, nice work completing Body Beast.

No workout for me today, I was going to do a new treadmill workout I downloaded from Amazon - it's called Treadmill Coach Vol 1 by Amy Dixon and I listened to it Sunday night was was pumped up to do it. It really sounds as good as Cardio Coach - if that is possible. BUT... I woke up with migraine and just could not think about running. It was so bad I felt nauseous. It went away after about an hour or so but by then it was too late to workout because we had our day planned.

So looking forward to doing it in the morning!! I have Volume 1 and 2 and both sound hard but fun.

DOZ - The poison ivy is about all gone. Still itching in areas but it's no where near as bad as it was. The redness is about gone. 3 whole weeks tomorrow, I cannot believe it took that long to go away. Can you believe how hot it's been? OMG, I cannot believe how hot it was this weekend. Nice ob with your 2.2# loss!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Roselyn - Great job with your workouts!! Kicking butt and taking names!!

Diane Sue - Nice job with your workout, I'm envious. I really wanted to workout today. I've missed way too many!!

Jolie - So sorry to hear you are still sick. Dang, hope it goes away soon!!

Debbie, that is cool that you found treadmill workouts on Amazon. I have used audio workout music from there when doing Fitness Blender workouts. Sorry about the migraine. I never felt like moving my head around much when I had a migraine. I used to have frequent ones, but now they are pretty much non existant. I am not sure why.

Amy Dixon ROCKS!! I don't know who she is or where she came from, but damn. She is a great instructor.

So I did Treadmill Coach Vol 1 this morning and OMG!! What an incredible workout. Top notch, it rivals Cardio Coach hands down. It was hard but I did well with it, only having to rest a few times during some of it. I'm not an endurance runner, and this is endurance work. This is the type of training I need and want, so I really loved it. I can't wait to do Volume 2.

Honestly, though, I was shocked at how well I did with this. She has you running up 4 and 8% inclines at sprint speeds at times. Breathless is a good word for this workout. Loved it!!!

I also have some incredible workout stats:

Workout was 56 minutes, went 4.11 miles (holy smokes!), burned 514 calories (TM said 581) and went 8185 steps!!!! HR was 154/206 and I believe that is correct. I don't think other than the warm up that my HR went was ever under 154.

Diane Sue - Yea, that was no fun with that migraine. I'm glad I didn't have one today. I'm sure it had food written all over it. I ate pretty bad on Saturday and Sunday.

Hope you all have a great workout today!!!

Last edited:
I'm back and I worked out!!! I put together my own upper body workout and worked each body part 3 different exercises, 12 reps per set and 3 rounds of the Giant Set. I ended with some leg extensions. Workout was 1 hour and 3 minutes and I burned 404 calories. I hardly had any rest breaks only to set up for the exercise.

Back-
1 Arm Rows- 25# x 12 ( 3 rounds of the Giant Set )
DB's pullovers- 24# x 12
Wide Grip Pulldowns- 50# x 12

Chest-
Chest Press- 22# x 12 ( 3 rounds )
Chest Flies- 17# x 12
Close Grip Chest Press- 17# x 12

Shoulders-
Seated Overhead Press- 20# x 12 ( 3 rounds )
1 Arm Lateral Raise- 10# x 12
Rear Flies- 10# x 12

Triceps-
Lying Triceps Ext- 12# x 12 ( 3 rounds )
Cross Body Ext- 10# x 12 could go heavier next workout
2 Arm kickbacks- 8# x 12

Biceps-
Traditional Curls- 15# x 12 ( 3 rounds )
Hammer Curls- 15# x 12
W Curls- 12# x 12

Leg Ext- 50# x 20, x 18, x 13, x 12

Debbie,
wow on that cardio workout today! I think you traveled really far in that time period with uphill sprints! How is your skin doing? Great calorie burn too!

Good job on all of your workouts yesterday! I will be back later to read your posts for today.

I may not be able to workout tomorrow because I have to go and register my son at his new school first thing in the morning so I am not sure how long that will take. If I can I will workout if I cant oh well, another thing checked off my incredibly long list of things to get done by the time my son leaves for college June 13th.

Have a nice day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.