Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2018

Today I just did Cardio Supersets from the Low Impact series, 43 minutes, heart rate average 126, max 162, 275 calories, 1,891 steps. I then did You Tube Yoga with Sarah Beth 10 minute Hip opener, 11 minutes, 29 calories. Total time 54 minutes, 304 calories. I also did some foam rolling before and after my workout. I was fine till I got out of the car at Walmart and my knee started throbbing. It is driving me nuts to have the painful areas move around. I was glad when I got through the store and post office so I could come home. I took some Excedrin that I had just purchased. I was reading about how much collagen one should use and several sources said for joints 30-50 grams :0 That is quite a lot compared to what is in most supplements. I have been using the capsules and having at least one scoop of Multi Collagen. I am going to try upping that a little. Considering most supplements in capsule form are more like 1000-2000 mg I was surprised. I think the powdered collagen is somewhat better. I also picked up some vitamin C as it helps the body utilize the collagen.

Debbie, nice work on that workout today. Lots of calories and and steps. Awesome !!

Jolie, welcome back to the workouts :) A day rest in between is probably not a bad thing, but I know how you feel about missing.

This morning I did Kelly's new Upper Body Super Sets. I haven't done this since December and think I've only done it once. It's a good workout, I was going to add on another 15 minutes with Body Design but decided this one was good as a stand alone.

SS #1
Reverse Grip Press: 12's
Lateral Raise & Extend: 5's
3 sets/8 reps no rest

SS #2
Pulse Curls: 12's
Pledges: 12's
3 sets/8 reps no rest

SS #3
Seated Overhead Triceps Ext: 25#
Tate Press: 15's
3 sets/8 reps no rest

SS #4
Reverse Grip Bench Press: 15's (I did normal bench press, couldn't feel these in my chest)
Connected Dumbbell Press: 15's
3 sets/8 reps no rest - KILLER!

SS #5
Seated Rows: 15's
Standing Cross Row: 15#
3 sets/8 reps no rest
(Loved how she did this)

BURNOUT WITH LIGHT DUMBBELLS
Alternate Upright Rows: 8's - 30 seconds
Double Arm Kickbacks: 5's - 30 seconds
Alternate Hammer Curl Runs - 8's - 30 seconds
Run Rows but only 1 weight: 8# - 30 seconds (need to go heavier)

Had fun, loved this workout. Kelly is great at these 30 minute workouts, you really feel worked when you are done.

Workout was 30 minutes, burned 177 calories, HR was 120/149.

I also did the Ripped II Abs from Candace Grasso and this seemed way easy today. I remember when I first did this one it was a killer.

I also walked on my treadmill for a mile. Forgot to set my Fitbit so don't have stats to share.

Jolie - Nice workout yesterday, glad to hear you are finally feeling better. Hope today goes well for you!! My skin is ok, still have scabs where I scratched badly, but all in all, it is getting much better. The redness if almost gone. Yay!!

Diane Sue - So sorry to hear about your knee, WTH?? Do you have knee problems? I don't remember you ever complaining much about your knees. I hope it is feeling better today. You said the pain keeps moving, I didn't realize you have been in pain. Maybe lay off the cardio for a while and see if that helps?

DOZ - Where you be? Hope you have a great workout today!!

Roselyn - Yes, that Amy Dixon workout was awesome. I cannot wait to try Volume 2 tomorrow.

Morning,

Yesterday, I went for a walk 1.45 and again this morning. Today, was suppose to be STS, SBT tomorrow. I just got back from my walk and to my surprise family packing TO GO HOME, I’m going to have my basement back, after I get cleaned up, going to clean my house.

They finally found a house, happy about that, next week going to Columbus a few days to help them pack.

Jolie and Debbie glad you both better. Well guys, I will check in later.

No workout this morning. I may go upstairs and do some yoga in a bit. My husband's range rover was leaking and started driving weird so I had to call and get it in to the shop, so my workout was canceled. I cleaned the house and bathed the dog instead. I had a headache this morning and the car deal just exacerbated it. I had planned on hitting Sprouts for some things and then bathing my dog and cleaning. My husband has my car so that is not happening. Today it is my hip and neck hurting and the knee feels way better. I am not sure what is going on.

Debbie, I had a torn miniscus 5 years ago that I had surgery for. I have been doing great though after lots of therapy moves and care on my own. I don't really understand it, because this pain started in the right hip, but seems to be moving from one area to the other. Yesterday it was the knee that had the torn miniscus. Last night the hip started hurting again which is on the opposite side. I have had both knee caps hurt (the miniscus pain was on the back and inside of the knee), my hip, low back, neck, an arm and elbow. I am not sure what is going on. I think the nerve endings are sending messages all over the place or something. I am upping my collagen that I am using. Sitting brings on the hip pain. I think I have been sitting for longer periods over the holiday weekend and this week. I hate when I get up and don't know if everything is going to work right or I am going to feel like a knee is going to give out. It is crazy. I keep thinking some of it may be the osteoarthritis. My daughter suggested I need to get an RA panel done. I had one done a few years ago. When I had the knee surgery the surgeon said he was surprised as fit as I was that he found as much arthritis in the one knee as there was. I think it is just something that I am going to have to learn how to deal with. I have not done impact for almost 3 weeks now. Mostly upper body weight work, avoiding most bent over weight work unless light. Movement actually makes things feel better.
I love that Build and Burn Set. The Body Design workout is great for getting in a good short workout. I like all of the options on it.

Doz, that is great that your family found a house to move into. It will be nice for you having them close and having their own home :) Yes, my house really needed some cleaning after the weekend of grandchildren and then

Roselyn, nice work.

I just finished 71 minutes doing Sarah Beth Yoga 10 minute warm up, 20 minute deeps hip opening, neck and shoulder tension, and followed up with Yoga Tune Up prehab and knee hab #2. 174 calories.

No workout for me today, I went early and got my youngest son enrolled in his new high school. Two days of final exams done, one more to go! After tomorrow and when we find out if my son passed all of his classes, he graduates on Saturday. It will also be my 52 nd birthday as well. I want to workout both Thursday and Friday because my parents are coming into town for the weekend and I am sure I wont have anytime with them staying here. If I make it to Sunday I am throwing myself a party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow has this been a tough year!

Nice workouts everyone!!!!

Diane Sue, wow great yoga session today!

Debbie, I am glad your skin is better. Good job on the weight workout today! I cant wait to start back at it again.

DOZ, nice walk you got in today.

Have a nice weekend!

Jolie, I am sure you will make it to Sunday just fine :) Relax and enjoy the time with your parents and that things will soon be normal again.

Today I did the other Amy Dixon workout, Treadmill Coach Volume 2. Holy god. This was hard. Especially Stage 3, (challenge 2 really) the Interval Repeater. This is how it went:

6% incline at a moderate exertion for 2 minutes, so I kept my speed at 4.3 mph. (or tried), then it goes up to 8% same speed for 1 minute, then it goes up to 12% for another minute, same speed. Talk about a killer. I got all the into the last 30 seconds of the 12% section and had to bring my incline down. That. was. HARD!!! This is repeated 3 times through. 2nd time I just walked it, 3rd time I jogged as much as I could. This is definitely not one I will be able to do all the way through any time soon. Love the challenge, though!!!

The first challenge was pretty hard as well, continually running up a 6% incline as you up your speed a little more at 3 min. increments. Very tough. The last challenge was a speed challenge at a 1% increase and I could do that no problem.

There was nice cool down and stretch at the end. This workout is top notch.

Workout was 60 minutes, went 4.09 miles, burned 481 calories (TM said 626) and went 8219 miles. HR was 138/208. So much fun!! I need to find more from her.

Diane Sue - I do remember you had knee surgery, I'm sorry you are having all these issues lately. Maybe you need a rest week. And I mean a total rest week. When is the last time you've done that? Your body is telling you something and I think you should listen. A rest will do you good.

Jolie - Sunday night will be here before you know it. Stay strong!!!

Roselyn - Nice job on your Hiit workout!!

DOZ - I bet that is a relief that your family found a place to live. I know you love them, but it's hard to live with relatives. My brother in law was living with us last summer for a few months which wasn't really bad for us, but it was nice when he found his own place. We were there when he needed us, and I know you have done the same for your family. THAT is what is important!!

Have great workouts everyone!!!

I have my grandson here today and have to get out to see if I can get my husband's laptop fixed. We just get his vehicle fixed and come home and the laptop is messed up. I got on line with Avast and they said they cannot find any threats. We have floating ghost bubbles, shaking screen, unresponsive mouse pad, and now he can't log in. :( I am getting really tired of all of the fixing. I still need to go to Srpouts as well.
Workout today was Fit Tower Advanced Boot camp, 51 minutes, 293 calories, 1,751 steps. I used the bands that came with the fit tower and workouts. Those are easy bands to me. I just did not want to push the legs too hard yet. This did not feel like too much though.

Debbie, nice workout. I bet it is fun having some new treadmill workouts to do :) I have thought about taking a rest week, but have been forced from workouts quite a lot lately other than making sure I get stretching and rolling in. The problem is when I have my rest days I generally am hurting more than when I am moving. Like everything gets stiff and immobile.

Today I did a Cathe Live workout, Toasted Tri-sets. This was a great workout, you lift light but since it moves quickly with no rests the weight I choose was just right. I changed a few exercises to suit my back issue and it still was very effective. Workout was 55 minutes and I burned 435 calories. The warm up was with weights and I burned quite a few calories just in the warm up. Average heart rate was 118 and max was 152. Next time I do the workout will go smoother since I will know what is coming next.

Tri-set fashion

Biceps-
Traditional Curls- 15# x 12, x 8, x 8
W Curls- 15# x 15, x 8, x 8
Hammer Curls- 15# x 12, x 8, x 8

Triceps-
Lying ext.- 15# x 12, x 8, x 8
Cross Body Ext.- 12# x 12, x 8, x 8
Kickbacks- 10# x 12, x 8, x 8

Back-
1 Arm Rows- 25# x 12, x 8, x 8 ( will go to 30#s next time )
Wide Grip Pulldowns- 50# x 12, x 8, x 8
Rear Flies- 12# x 12, x 8, x 8

Chest-
Chest Flies- 15# x 12, x 8, x 8
Chest Press- 20# x 12, x 8, x 8
Close Grip Chest Pres x 2 to Chest Press x 2- 15# x 12, x 8, x 8

Shoulders-
Seated Overhead Press- 15# x 12, x 8, x 8
Lateral Raise- 8# x 12, x 8, x 8
Front Rear Raise- 8# x 12, x 8, x 8

ABS Triset

Stretch

Debbie, that looks like an awesome cardio workout. I am going to check those out and maybe I can just walk to them since I cant run. I am glad your skin is getting better! I like the calorie burn you are getting with those workouts and the miles.

Diane Sue
, I know what you mean with having to fix things all of the time! Everything is having problems at my house as well, cars, phones ect so I know what you mean, it takes so much running around and money to get everything fixed. Good job on getting a workout in today even though you had some company this morning. Today is our last day of school finals. I am waiting for my oldest son to call to tell me how he did on his math test. I spent $120 last night for a tutor for two hours and she thought he would get at least a B-. I know he was stressed so I hope he doesn't second guess himself.

DOZ and Roselyn,
I will be back later to read your posts. I hope you both have some good workouts.

Have a nice day!

Morning,

Today’s workout, Cardio Coach #2 revised and STS shoulders biceps triceps. That was the lasts workout for STS yay, I did it. Now what? Either P90x minus yoga, or repeat STS, or repeat Meso 3 hmmmmmm. Tonight going to watch a few dvds of P90x, altho STS was good to me decisions decisions.

Debbie- That’s sound like a hard one, niiiice work. You just don’t understand stand how much of a ((((RELIEF)))) lol

Diane Sue- Altho, I am not a Yoga girl, You chose the perfect workout to stretch and to repair the muscles.

Jolie - Nices work, glad you are feeling better

Roselyn- Hello

Jolie, fingers crossed that your son did well today. It is hard to push a child who does not want to try to study and do their school work. He sounds like he wants to do better. My grandson and I got my husbands laptop dropped off at the repair place and hit Sprouts. I came home with way more fruit and candy and yogurts than I would have purchased :) Just one pack of their bulk candy, he chose cherries, watermelon, pineapple, bananas, and peaches. I am so tired today. I stayed up later than I wanted to trying to do the online typing back and forth with one of our antivirus agents to see if that is what the problem was with my husbands laptop. The screen had shrunk so small that he couldn't read the little box the online agent was typing in and the internal mouse was not working. Our list of things needing fixed just seems to be continuous. We tried to put a new gasket on the freezer and it is still icing over and has water dripping when I open it. It still freezes, but I am sure it is expending excessive energy. I went in the front bath we added and the year old delta faucet is dripping on the left side, I finally turned the water valve off on that side till it can be tended to. That along with vehicles and and computers are just the tip of it all. I just try not to let it get to me.

Doz, good luck deciding what you would like to do :) LOL on P90X minus yoga. That one has a very long yoga on it and the extra recover stretch is near an hour. I used to have stopping and starting points on the yoga to make it shorter and would do a cardio along with it so I didn't feel like I wasted my time. Now I find yoga and stretching is not a waste of time. I guess age is humbling :)

Diane Sue- lol I remember how long P90x yoga was. I could never get through it, I was like; how many downward dogs you gone do lol I tried others, just not my cup of tea. But oh so good for you. Have a wonderful evening was raining cats and dog, sun shining now.

Today I did Kelly's Build & Burn Lower Body Tabata and I really enjoyed it. My legs felt this one even though I didn't go heavy. Not sure I could have gone any heavier. Knees feel good lately, not sure what that's all about but I'm not complaining!!!

20 seconds on 10 seconds off. Each exercise was done about 4 times.

Banded Side Steps (Firewalkers) - Used green band
Kickstand Deads: 12's
Squat Variations: 12's
Side Lunge into Knee Pull: No weights
Front & Back Lunges: 12's
Split Stance Plyo Pops: No weights
Plie Variation: 12's
Wide Stance Deads & Squat Up: 12's (My favorites!!)
Bridges: No weights but this gave me a great burn

Workout was about 30 minutes, burned 151 calories, HR was 112/154.

Then I walked on my treadmill for 1 mile - 20 minutes, went 2406 steps. HR was 100/140.

Question on Cathe Live: It says you get 7 days free, does that mean you can do the workouts in it's entirety?

DOZ - I agree, that yoga on P90XL is extremely long. I seriously don't think anyone needs to do yoga for that long. Nice job with your workouts yesterday and I get it about the family. You will breath in a sigh of relief when they are moved out.

Diane Sue - I still think you need a break. You can do active recovery week, just doing some walking, whatever. No lifting, nothing strenuous. Your body and muscles need a rest. Take care of yourself. :) And I also hate being the one who has to run around to get things fixed, although when it comes to our cars, my DH takes care of those. The Onstar on my car isn't working yet everything is paid up. I have to get mine into the dealer to get it fixed. Makes me mad.

Roselyn - Nice going with Bulk Chest & Back, love that workout. I'd still like to do this series soon just don't like not doing cardio.

Jolie - Great workout!!! That one looks fun, I need to make a note of it and do it when I have more time to workout. Summer hours coming soon!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Today I did Amy Ross Hip Hop Walk, 59 minutes (includes 3 trips downstairs to let Gertie out and in) 397 calories, heart rate 141 average, max 175, 6,046 steps, met 6.1. I was surprised because Fit Bit was higher today than Map My Fitness. I then did Yoga Tune Up prehab from the knee hab dvd and Sarah Beth 10 minute gentle yoga, 23 minutes, 51 calories, met 2.1. 448 calories total, 82 minutes.

Debbie, nice work on lower body today. Funny, my husband had them unhook our on star. Felt it was too invasive on privacy. We get State farm road side assistance. It isnt necessary. When we first got the car I pushed the on star button not knowing what it was. The person that answered seemed irritated and I really didnt care for some stranger talking to me from my car. I purchased a book from Ben Shatto, a physical therapist called treating low back pain during exercise and another called Preventing and treating overtraining syndrome. I am finding it interesting. Both have similar therapy methods with balls and foam rolling and a massage stick. Nutrition advice and crosstraining advice. I dont feel like I workout that hard with Fit tower bootcamp that I did yesterday. It uses bodyweight and bands. Recovery is slow, but I am feeling a lotbbetter and doing a lot more stretching and therapy work. It gets a bit boring. Cathe didnt have a freev7nday trial when I paid for a month of streaming. I would think it would be the fill workouts, although if I remember right Beach Body gave teaser workouts.

Roselyn, good job on getting your workout in.

This morning I did Fit Split Low Impact cardio only timesaver 172 calories, 5.8 met, 27 minutes, heart rate average 128, max 162. I then did yoga tune up knee hab, prehab and knee how segments, 31 minutes, 77 calories. Total time 58 minutes, 249 calories.

Today was Bulk shoulders and that was it for today

I know Debbie that cardio!!! But it is once a week until the last three weeks then I think twice I do more sometimes I just add on a 20 minute hiit.

Reactions: WD
Morning Everyone,

MIA I know, lots was going on. Yesterday it ended with me giving my GS an granulation dinner.

I decided to repeat STS, Friday & Saturday I walked, 1 hour 30 mins. Sunday I rested, because I didn’t want to wear myself down from all the cleaning and cooking I had to do. I had a house full, turned out nice. Friday, I attend my GS graduation @ Cleveland State, so proud of him.

Today’s workout, Cardio Coach ‘press play’ and STS #1 chest, shoulders & biceps. I have to caught later, I still have company, need to get myself together, cooking a lite breakfast, ttyl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.