Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for March 2019

Good morning,

Day 2 Booty is done = 60 min. You do 2 rounds/15 reps. You only use a resistance loop. I loved this one. Who knew what you can do so many different exercises with the loops. The warm up and cool down was the same as D1. My Glutes are on fire. I felt the burn with each exercise. I used 2 loops instead of one, lol.

Glute Bridge -all 9 exercises are lying down on the floor.
Bridge with a Clam
Wide Bridge
Leg Lift/ next 3 exercise are done on one side, than do them on the other side
Toe Taps
Circles
Toe Taps
Clams
Press Back - those burned like crazy :)
Deadlift - all 5 exercises are standing.
Leg lifts
Press Back
Squat Side-to-Side
Duck Walk
Side Lunges

Have a great day and workout, everyone.

Reactions: WD
Today I did Kelly's RAW Upper Body Blast. I did this one back in June and used about the same weights. I went light with the bench press and rows because I didn't want to push my luck with tightness. I did well and I feel great today.

4 sets each exercises - 30 seconds on/10 seconds off

Bench Press - 30#
Barbell Shoulder Press - 10's - these killed me
Dumbbell Flies - 15's
Lateral Raise - 10's
Skate & Curl - 10's (I skipped the skate part, too twisty)
Squat/Hammer Curl/Jump - 10's (didn't do the jump)
Barbell Row - 20#
Dips
Seated Reverse Flies
- 12's
Skull Crushers - 10's
V-Ups - Skipped - no ab work for me this week

Workout was 34 minutes burned 218 calories, HR 132/184.

Then I did a little bit of Kelly's RAW Foam Roller workout. I think I will try the whole thing tomorrow. I ran out of time and was just getting into it. Seems like a good one.

Belinda - Yes, be sure and stretch. The older we get, the more we need it. I am learning that the hard way. Wow, your workout this morning looks like a burner. I'm sure you will be feeling it. Nice job using two loops, holy crap!!!!

Jolie - When cleaning out your stuff, use the Marie Kondo moto: If the item does not bring you joy, get rid of it. That includes clothing. If you look at something and it doesn't bring you joy, donate it. I've been doing that and it is so helpful. You should look her up on Youtube, she is awesome and a great teacher to organize stuff. I'm saying a prayer for you that your house sale is final. Fingers crossed.

Diane - Nice job with your workout yesterday. Your grand kids sure keep you busy!! I also love dark chocolate. I've noticed a lot of chocolates are becoming waxy and they are using cheaper things to make it with. Some of it gives me a headache as well. Maybe it will keep me from eating so much of it! LOL!

Roxie - Hope all is well!

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Quick check in. I have to take my dog to the vet today to find out why she has hair loss in spots. This morning was Coffey FIt Raw Step #3, heart rate 143 average, 171 max, 44 minutes, 331 calories, met 8.3, 4,107 steps. I wore 1.5 lb gloves throughout and use 8# and 10# dumbbells. I then did Kelly Coffey Step Boxing 2, premix, cardio and weight drills(this does not use the step), 25 minutes, heart rate average 137, max 168, 162 calories, met 6.5, 1,717 steps. I finished off with Coffey Fit Raw foam roller stretch, 24 minutes, 55 calories, met 2.0. Total time was 94 minutes, 548 calories, 5,824 steps for the cardio.
I will try to get back here later. It seems like I have so much going on and it is hard to get on the computer.

Debbie, I generally pick up an organic chocolate bar at Sprouts, or use Guittard or Enjoy life dark chocolate chips. Yes, some gives me a headache too. Nice work with Raw upper body today.

Belinda, that workout looks really good too. I bet you feel well worked when you are done.

Today I did Yevette Bachman Step Cardio with Legs, shoulders, back and core. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 551 calories. I was sweating so bad that my cloths were soaked and my shorts almost fell off LOL! Average heart rate was 131 and max was 163. This was a Tabata style workout, 45 seconds cardio with 45 seconds weight training. I really like it but I wont be able to do It more than a couple days a week. On the other days I will do Cathe Live weight workouts. When Cathe says, pick up 15's, Yevette is saying, pick up 25's or 30's!!! I have to say I love the step workouts but with all of the lateral moves my right knee hurts a little.

Debbie, I am so happy that you are feeling good today!!! Great job on the workout!!! I love purging my stuff, I feel good giving it to someone less fortunate and that it will make someone happy, since it is not being used or bring me any sort of happiness. I will check out that lady on YouTube.

Diane Sue, great workout today! I wonder why your dog is loosing his hair? Maybe Thyroid? Try putting some idodine on his stomach and let it soak in, like the size of a dime. I do it all of the time and it helps me with hair loss. Maybe mineral deficiency?

Belinda, kicking butt on the workouts!@ That looks like a great workout using bands!

I hope everyone else has a great workout today.

The vet did a couple of skin scrapings to rule out the possibility of demadetic (sp) mites. There was none. He said they are there with animals, it is just that the body fights them off and a reaction to them unless their immune system is not functioning right. Then he did the Thyroid test and that was negative. Yeah!! So, since she is not scratching or any symptoms of something wrong other than the hair loss and a couple of little bumps since most of those have left, I am to keep up the medicated shampoo, and chlorhexadine, ketoconazale spray. He gave her an antibiotic in case she has a bacterial infection and gave me a sheet to read and keep in mind for alopeca in dogs. He said it often shows in the winter when dogs do not get enough sun. Although she had the bumps which are sort of like pimples and that could be antibacterial infection. So we will see. The only things left would be endochrine disorders and she has no symptoms for one. She plays, eats well and acts like herself. Now she has two ugly spots where they scraped her skin :(

Jolie, my knees hurt after doing Yvette Bachman's step with weights. I am pretty sure I did that one. That is one of the reasons that I backed off. Particularly with my arthritis. I started making sure I got sea salt with iodide in it. Most salt has sugar and no iodide in it. I have to keep her on Limited ingredient salmon dog food that is grain free since most dog foods do not work well with her. Maybe she needs some doggie supplements.

Roselyn, nice work on Body Beast.

Diane - that's good news. I hope the antibiotics and medicated shampoo will help. The hair will grow back, and those spots will be gone soon. Hope your fur baby feels better soon.

Good Evening,

I had to go to the doctor today I have a rash around both ankles and on my hips the doctor said it was do to swelling around my socks so she gave me a steroid cream to put on it. It itches really bad.

• Sad
Roxie, sorry that you are dealing with something like that. My husband had a rash which looked terrible where the tops of his socks and boots rubbed. I gave him moisturizing soap and cortisone cream. Also some Benedryl cream because it was so read from scratching. He thought it was because of the dry air.

Good morning,

D3 Cardio Core is done. That one was tough. I will try write down and post the workout later. I am beat. Great workout. Thank goodness for the modifier, lol. Lot of core workout in that one.

Roxie - so sorry you are dealing with this Hope the meds will help. Feel better soon.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. BBL!

Day 3: Cardio Core = 39 Minutes

30 sec each HiiT/follow by a core exercise using the sliders -10 reps/3 rounds/30 sec rest

Single Leg Skip Rope - 15 sec each side
Single Leg Squat Jump - 15 sec each side
Slow Mountain Climbers

Heel Skip Rope
Pepper Steps
Pike planks

Jog Jump Rope
Frog Jump w/ a rotation
Side Plank

4 Jog High Knees /4 Butt Kicks
Kamikaze Skaters
Side Plank/w crunch - tough!!!

X Jumps
Standing Mountain Climbers
Plank Knee Pulls

Jump Rope w/Knee Up Cross-Over
Squat Jacks
Plank Circle Teasers

Do all the core exercises one more time through. The ab exercises are tough. Thank goodness for the modifier, lol.

Today I did Cathe Live Glassboro Road Trip, Upper Body and Core. I did more reps than Cathe, I did each set x 12 Reps. 3 exercises per body part, 3 times around each Giant Set. Workout was 55 minutes and I burn 379 calories. I had a lot of interruptions, my painter showed up and a lot of calls from my realtor. Today is the day to get the contingent removal so then it is officially sold and I can relax except for the fact that I have to pack up a 3,000 square foot house by myself. :(

Belinda, kicking butt today on your workout, wow that looks like tuff stuff!

Diane Sue, thank goodness your dog will be ok and it is nothing serious.

Debbie, I hope you had a nice workout, hopefully no soreness from yesterdays workout.

Roselyn, BB legs is a hard workout, great job!

Roxie, I hope everything works out for you at the doctors today.

Have a fantastic day!

This morning I started with Lite Metabolic Calorie crush premix, doing the warm up and cardio but not the stretch, 17 minutes, 114 calories, heart rate average 128, max 160, 1,754 steps, met 8.60. I then did Lite Metabolic Blast mix of main + abs #2, 46 minutes, (I skipped the warm up) 299 calories, met 7.50, heart rate average 117, max 158, 845 steps. I went heavier on almost all of the moves which I used 8's and 10's on. I then did Pyramid Pump chest, triceps, and shoulders with the stretch, 28 minutes, met 6.0, heart rate average 107, max 142, 524 steps. Total time was 91 minutes, 572 calories, 3,123 steps.
Pyramid Pump weights 12,10,8,10,12 reps for each exercise supersets
Chest
fly on ball 10,12,15,12,10 lb dbs
incline press on ball 10,12,15,12,10 lb dbs

Triceps
standing kickbacks 10,12,15,12,10 lb dbs
lying extension on the ball 10,12,15,12,10 lb dbs

Shoulders
overhead press 8,10,12,10,8 lb dbs
incline front raise on the ball 2,5,8,5,3 lb dbs

Roxie, I am sorry that you are dealing with dermatitis form swelling. I hope you can get the swelling down so it can get better.

Belinda, that looks like a tough workout. So, they have core blended with cardio then you do only core?

Jolie, nice job getting the workout in. Packing up a 3,000 square foot house sounds will be lots of work. I hope things go well with the contingent.

Debbie, I hope that you have a good day today.

Sorry I'm posting so late, I have been extremely busy today.

This morning I did Kelly's RAW Step 2 and had a great workout. I skipped the boxing and abs part due to twisting moves, but still had a great workout. This is a fun step workout. My right knee was talking to me a bit, but it wasn't bad.

Workout was 30 minutes, burned 212 calories, went 3008 steps and HR was 143/209. I highly doubt I hit 209, this workout wasn't that hard.

I also did the RAW Foam Roller workout which was 25 minutes and I burned an extra 113 calories. This is nothing to write home about, I didn't really care for it. I was hoping she would do more hamstring and glute rolls. The quad rolls about killed me, wow.

Anyways, I think Kelly Robertson's is better, I should get that one out again.

Diane - I'm glad the problem with your dog is just a skin one and I hope it clears up soon. Poor thing. Nice job with your workouts!

Jolie - Great job with your workout yesterday and today. Love that Glassboro workout, it is awesome. I can't wait to do it again. Hope you hear about your house closing today. Let us know. I'm good today, no soreness. My left side is still really tight, but it is getting better and is not painful anymore.

Roselyn - Nice job with BB Legs!!

Roxie - Sorry about your ankles, that must be very annoying. My socks get really tight during the day, too, I hate that. I don't know why people would want to wear compression socks. I don't even have them and when they get tight it cuts off my circulation, why would anyone want to do that? Anyways, hope it gets better soon.

Belinda - Good job with Cardio Core, sounds like a tough one!! I'm not sure that series would be for me, I'm not that big on cardio like that. But nice job, you are really kicking it!!

Have a great afternoon everyone!!!

Good Evening,

Ankles are not itching as much but my left hip is driving me crazy as well as my little toe which I think was caused by the compression socks which sit right on top the ankles. I did StudioSweat Spin Age Is Relative w/Mike 32 minutes 9.0 miles 363 calories burned.

Debbie-I hate the socks.

Good morning,

D4 AAA (Arms, Abs & A$#) is done. She workouts your glutes & abs every day. Tomorrow is leg day. What a fantastic workout. I did had problems with my sliders in my gym floor :( I have no carpet downstairs.

Day 4: AAA = 49 Minutes.

I used the same weight Autumn did. 15 reps each exercise/2 rounds. I also used the Cathe blue loop.

Upright Row - 10's
Flys - 5's
Frog Sliders
Glute Bridge w/loop
Push-Up
Skull Crushers -10's
Sit-Up w/DB - 10#
Pikes w sliders
Bent Over Row - 10's
Hammer Curl -10's
Knee Tucks w/sliders
Fire Hydrant w/loops
Repeat all the exercise one more time.

Julie - did your house sell? Good luck! sorry about the painters not showing up on time. It's almost over. Great job with your workout.

Debbie - I am not a big fan of HiiT workouts/or lots of jumping around either. This one was fun! You do 30 sec of jump ropes, 30 sec of HiiT ( I followed the modifier) 10 reps of abs. You only do 2 cardio workouts and 4 weight training workouts. Your abs get worked out in every workout so far. No need for extra ab workouts. I am liking the workouts. They don't feel rushed either. They are nice and the moves are controlled. Not sure, if she does it in the future, but she explains/demonstrates each round. You get plenty of rest. Sorry about your knee bordering you. Hope you feel better.

Roxie - I feel your pain. I hope you find some relieve soon. Nice job with your spin workout.

Roselyn - great job on your back & bicep workout.

Diane - you do the jump rope than the HiiT workout you finish with core. Than you repeat it for 2 more times. Hope this makes sense! Great job as always with your workouts.

BBL!

Last edited:
This morning I did Cathe Lite Cardio Party, 40 minutes, heart rate average 145, max 176, 3,810 steps, met 8.0, 283 calories. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Boxing and Kettlebell, 31 minutes, heart rate average 135, max 168, 1,628 steps, met 8.5, 226 calories, finishing with Lite Extended stretch 2, 11 minutes, 31 calories, 10 steps :p, Total time 82 minutes, 540 calories, 5,448 steps . I had to do a search on the internet to find met values for Kettlebell workouts. I took the met down from 9.8 which it listed for continuous swings or kettlebell intervals so that it would coincide with my calorie burn. I wore 2# gloves throughout this workout and used a 15# kettlebell. For Cardio Party I used 1# dumbbells for the kickboxing work.

Debbie, I love Raw Step 2. I have done it so many times as well as the boxing and drills one. I had wondered why Kelly didn't spend a bit more time with the quads with the foam roller. I do find though that rolling the hamstrings tends to loosen up a bit more for the quads. I think both sides need rolled for the best benefit. I have a bit of a problem having my head tilted back that for. I have to be careful of my neck and setting off inflammation. I have seen physical therapy videos though where they lean the head back over the side of the bed or table to work on the neck. I am just wary. I like the workout though and the way she puts some stretches in and the warm up portion.

Roselyn, nice job getting the workout in.

Roxie, glad the itching is better and you got your workout in.

Belinda, nice work today. I guess you do not have the cloth covers to fit over the gliders? They work on bare floors.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.