Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for March 2019

Good E,

I did StudioSweat 30 minute Body Weight Bootcamp not a bad workout.

Belinda-I forgot to tell you that my bike is a Bladez Incite studio bike my husband got it from a place going out of business so it was 75% off.

Today no workout. I have the last inspection on the house so I have to pick up and clean and get out of here with my dog. I am so sick of cleaning!!!! Wed. we will know if it is a done deal on the sale, the contingent period will be over. Somehow, I think something is going to go wrong, the buyer is a single woman, an attorney, and is paranoid about everything! She is driving me crazy... Anyway, I hope you all have nice workouts and a beautiful day.

Reactions: WD
This morning I did a new Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Hiit 2, 36 minutes, heart rate 141 average, max 160, 3,398 steps, 239 calories. This was all high impact timed hiit intervals each movement done 4 times then on to the next. I then did Ice Muscle Meltdown Triceps, 15 minutes, heart rate average 100, max 128, met 6.5, 210 steps, 86 calories. Total time was 51 minutes, calories burned 325, 3,608 steps.
Triceps 3 giant sets of 12 reps
Overhead extensions 15# dbs
triceps kickbacks 15# dbs
dips body weight
lying extensions 15# dbs
close grip bench press 15# dbs
Busy making a birthday cake for my granddaughter and getting things done so we can run out on a couple of errands today. Birthday celebration tomorrow.

Roxie, nice job on getting the workout in :)

Roselyn, good job on the workout.

Jolie, keeping the house in top shape for all of those walk through people is stressful. I know you will be glad when things are set and you can just work on getting things moved. Although I always had that going back and cleaning up, touching up any paint or wood from the move etc., wiping cabinets. I always wanted to leave the house in move in and use ready condition.

Last edited:
Well, I ended up having so much energy today I had to do some sort of workout. I walked on the TM for 45 minutes, slight incline and I burned 388 calories. Not much of a workout but it is something.

I am going to say it. I am addicted to sugar :( I love dark chocolate and caramels so much and I just cant stop eating them. Why!?!? I started drinking celery juice and that's supposed to help but nothing. I think I need more protein. What do you all think? For the love of chocolate, I have to stop! Just saying...

Well I really did it. My lower back and waist are still very painful. Yesterday I could hardly breath without pain. It's hard to sleep and sit and I really wish I didn't do that ab work. I'm not sure I will be working out for a few days, I really need to let this heal. I stretched it yesterday and put heat on it and it felt better so I know it's just a matter of time. So bummed.

Nice workouts everyone!!!

Good Morning,

I did StudioSweat Buns and Guns w/Mere W and a quick stretch.

Debbie-take it easy

Jolie-chocolate is my weakness

Wow!!! Today's workout kicked my butt. I found a trainer on YouTube, while laying in bed last night surfing the web. I am sure you have all heard of her, but I have not and really like her no nonsense style of training. Her name is Yevette Bachman. She incorporates step into her workouts, or at least most of them but more like Cathe's Athletic Step workouts. No dance style step which I cant do or wish to do. Today I did Cathe Live Pumped Upper Body and Core. I did it a little different than Cathe, I did the 3 rounds like she does, but I did each round with x 16 reps, x 14 reps, x 12 reps. Then I did half of Yevette Bachman's HIIT, Cardio Step/Circuit Heavy Weights. Her weight range is from 35 pound DB's to 8 pounds. Workout was 1 hour 30 minutes and I burned 703 calories. Average heart rate was 127 and max was 177. I had to modify some of the exercise due to them being to high of impact, but it was no big deal and I was dying anyway :) I cant wait to do another one of Yevettes workouts.

Debbie, I am sorry to hear about your back/ab issue. I have a similar thing going on right now but I workout even when I am in total pain, I can handle it pretty well. My issues stem from 2 C-Sections within 11 months of each other and I cannot feel my lower ABS which puts too much strain on my low back. This is where all my problems come from but I manage it. Take some Aleve, but I am sure you already have today. Feel Better!

Roxie, I love Chocolate!!! Great workout this morning!

Have a nice day.

Today is a rest day. I did not have time to do my Sunday Morning stretch that I try to get in. I ate too much :oops: I wouldn't have felt bad about the eggs, bacon, and sausage, but I also had a quarter of a cinnamon roll and a large piece of the oreo birthday cake that I had made. Doubt I will be hungry tonight. I drank a bottle of Suja greens juice with celery, kale, cucumber etc., no sugar added, before we left the house this morning hoping I would not be that hungry. Oh, well, back in control now, the cake stayed there!

Debbie, I am so sorry you are experience so much pain. Usually I can work around pain. It sure can slow you down. Definitely avoid the ab area and low back stuff till that is gone. Light work maybe?

Roxie, nice work with Studio Sweat.

Jolie, I love dark chocolate. I eat extra dark Guittard chocolate chips in my yogurt with protein powder and mixed with nut butter and protein powder all of the time. This last time I just bought tubs of blueberries and skipped the chocolate chips. I thought this may be what is holding up the losing the few pounds I had put on lately. Most of the time I eat pretty clean, but I need to concentrate more on anti inflammatory foods and things with sugar in them are not helpful. I cannot eat the Lilly's dark chocolate chips because they have sugar alcohols and I just do not handle that without extreme stomach cramps. I tried them once, and I do not eat just a tiny bit at a time. So nope. I know when I did a sugar detox from Diane Sanfillipo and used her 21 Day Sugar detox plan and cookbooks, it took weeks to start getting past any sweet stuff. It is not something that you can lose the taste for right away and you just about have to make things from scratch. Even cartons of broth for cooking has sugar in most of it.
Yvette Bachman has some long tough workouts. Many have too much impact for using often. I have done some, but they never gave me the feeling that I wanted to keep going back to them. But, then I only did weight step and cardio.

Rest day for me today.

Roxie - that is fantastic that you got a spin bike for cheap. Great job today. I would love to have one. I love chocolate too.

Debbie - hope you feel better soon. You don't seem to get a break lately.

Jolie - I love Yvette Bachman workouts, but her workouts are too high impact. Her workouts are fun and free. Youtube has a lot of amazing instructors. Great job!

Diane - yum, on your breakfast today. One day will not hurt you. Enjoy! I plan on doing 80 Day Obsession next. I am not sure if an hour long workout fits into DH's work schedule? We shall see tomorrow.

Roselyn - hope you having a great weekend.

Good night, everyone.

Good morning,

Sorry for not checking in yesterday. I thought I did :( I been having a lot of headaches for the last few day's. I feel like my head is exploding. I haven't had a sinus headache like this in years. I finally took meds last night. Still woke up with a giant headache this morning.

DH and I started 80DO. Although the workouts are long, I loved it. Thank goodness for the modifier too. The workout It was Day 1 TB Core, 2 sets/15 reps = 60 min. You need 2 sets of DB's and resistance loops. You run through a lot of exercises UB/core once through, than you repeat the set again. I posted the weight Autumn is using. DH and I both liked the workout. Really felt my core.

Squat Rotating Shoulder Press w/10's
Lateral Bear Crawl w/loop
Plank with leg pull (loop)
Bent over Row w 10's
Renegade Row w/Twist loop
Boat Bow with Lat Pull/loop
Push Up/ Leg lift( loop)
Chest Fly 10's) w/leg Lift( loop)
Side crunch with loop kicks
Staggered Bic Curl 10's
Crunch with DB's 10's
Side Plank w/Knee Pull loops
Tricep Kickbacks 10's
Single Arm Tricep Press down w/loop
Tricep push ups BW
Repeat all the exercises one more time!

Have a wonderful day and workout, everyone.

Well, after two days of incredible pain, by last night I was feeling much better. My low back and left side are still tight, but the pain is gone. I was able to walk on my treadmill this morning for a little bit. It got really tight a few times so I had to stop and stretch, but for the most part, it wasn't too bad. I walked really slow, like 2.5 mph. But at least I got some steps in.

I also did the band stretch from Stretch Max. I stopped when she got to the forearm stretches again. Stretching feels really good with this issue so I know it's just muscle tightness. Heat, Aspercreme and Aleve has helped a great deal. So I think in a few more days it will be 100%

Treadmill workout was 38 minutes, burned 217 calories (wow!), did 1.68 miles and went 4067 steps. HR was 111/146.

Diane - I had to laugh at all the bad foods you ate this weekend. I had brownies and stuff like that this weekend. I need to start tightening up on my diet again. Since I got sick I've been a bit relaxed with it. Nice going with your workout on Saturday!

Jolie - I am also a sugar-holic. I find when you limit the intake of sugar you start to forget about it. It's hard to do, but if you get rid of the sugar, your craving will go as well. Easier said than done, though. Maybe give yourself an amount of chocolate you can have in a day - I was on a Dove chocolate kick a while ago and I let myself eat 3 a day. Eventually I just stopped doing that because those stupid chocolates are expensive. But giving myself permission to eat a little helped me from overeating it. Maybe try that?

Roxie - Nice going on your workout with Buns and Guns. That sounds like an interesting workout. I never thought to work legs with biceps together.

Belinda - I might have to try 80 Day Obsession, I'll keep an eye on what you post and then decide. Who is the "leader" of the series - the trainer? Or are there multiple people who lead this workout? I can relate to your headaches. I hope you feel better soon.

Roselyn - Nice job with your workouts this weekend!

Hope you all have a wonderful day of workouts!!!

Last edited:
Debbie - sorry to hear you still dealing with the pain. I know it must be frustrating not to workout. Great job on your walk this morning. The trainer Autumn Calabrese. She also the trainer in 21 Day Fix/21 Day Fix Extreme. Thanks for the reminder to stretch. I keep forgetting to stretch each day.

Today is my scheduled rest day, I have to go through all of my cloths and get rid of what Im not wearing and take it to the thrift store. 2 more days and we will know if our house is officially sold, the contingent period will be up. I hope to God everything goes well! If I haven't worn it in two years, its going... :)

Debbie, I am so glad to hear your aches and pains are going away. Usually when things come on that fast for me, it ends up being a spasm that doesnt want to let go. At least you got a walk in, it is better than nothing:)

Belinda, good job on that new workout this morning! I ordered the 21 Day Fix but only did it for a few days, Autumn kind of annoys me:( I am really weird that way, I should try it again, jut mute the volume and listen to music LOL! i am excited to see what you thing of this workout as you get into it.

Roxie, I hope you had a good rest day.

Roselyn, I just started Yevette Bachman and I really like her workouts. I know I had heard of her I was just no sure from whom. It must have been you! I did the HIIT, Cardio step with Circuit Heavy Weights and loved it.

Diane Sue, I hope you have a great workout today. I will check back later to read your post. I am going to the store to get all of my veggies to juice today. I am loving how it makes me feel, i have so much energy during the day now.

Doreen, I hope you had a nice week of workouts.

Have a wonderful day.

Jolie - good luck with the house :) I keep my fingers crossed. I like Autumn, she doesn't annoy me. I know some people don't like her. Give her another try. I think, you would like her. Like you said, you always can play your own music. 21 Day Fix is one of my favorite workout programs. Great for traveling too. So far, I like 80 DO :) I was a little worry about my husband, he liked it too. Time went by fast too.

This morning I did Lite PHA 2 mix, main+Pyramid Pump biceps+abs #1, 62 minutes, heart rate 105 average, ax 158, 340 calories, met 6.4, 912 steps. I followed this with Pyramid Pump back 10 minutes, heart rate average 93, max 108, 53 calories, 124 steps, met 6.0. Finished with extended stretch #1 from Lite, 13 minutes, 33 calories, 124 steps . Not sure how I got that many steps for stretching.
I will have to come back and post weights. I am picking up two grandchildren and need to drop the older one off at the school my daughter teaches at. I will be bringing the 4 year old home with me :) I really wanted to post back after reading posts :)

Roselyn, nice work doing Yvette Bachman Kickboxing. I have not tried a kickboxing workout with her yet.

Belinda, sometimes I don't mind hour long workouts, but when I do them sometimes I feel I need more cardio or something and that is hard to do if the weight workouts are an hour or more several times a week. I like to be able to add some cardio and stretching to those days which makes the workouts extra long. I do like the looks of the workout. It kind of reminds me of some of the stuff Autumn does in 21 Day Fix Extreme. I did like that one, but I felt it was a lot of total body stuff. I have contemplated going through those again. They are not so long. I think I liked her better in Hammer and Chisel than Sagi. I liked Sagi in the Beast though. He was funny.

Debbie, nice job on the treadmill today even with going at a careful pace. LOL on the food. I thought the greens drink was a nice addition. I chose salmon and a kale salad tonight, but my 4 year old grandson wanted to make cookies or something. We made a chocolate almond coffee cake and I ended up with a piece of that. Otherwise today would have been great. I do love the dark chocolate. Favorites are when I pick up a bar that is 70% + cacao dark. I don't care for overly sweet or milk chocolate. I think I am making up for not buying myself dark chocolate with these silly desserts. I will get rid of the urge though. Bad for my joints.

Jolie, I hope that you enjoyed your rest day and that things go smoothly with your house sale. I got rid of a lot of clothes when we moved too. Still getting rid of clothes. If I keep leaving them in the box of last seasons clothes and don't want to pull them out and wear them, I get rid of them. Although I have not really shopped for clothes in a long time. I am starting to need some new stuff.

I forgot weights today were
Lite PHA 2
side to side sumo squats both sides ct 1 rep 20 lb 12 reps
one arm row 2 directions counts 1 rep 20 lb dbs 10 reps
forward leaning glute lunges step platform 15 lb db 12 reps
pullovers 15 lb dbs 12 reps
standing squats 25 lb dbs 12 reps?
push ups 5 reps 3 cts as 1
rear lunges off step 15 lb dbs 12 reps
close grip bench press 3 cts as 1 rep 5 reps 1 lb dbs
repeat Round 1
side lunge 20 lb db (I used a 20# kettlebell as it is easier to hold than the Bowflex weight) 12 reps left and right ct 1 rep
biceps curls 15 lb dbs 12 reps
elevated push dips 15 lb dbs 12 reps
side to front lateral raise 2 cts as 1 rep 8 lb dbs 12 reps
static lunge 20 # db 12 reps right then 12 reps left
W curl 15 lb dbs 12 reps
deadlifts 20 lb dbs 12 reps
lying triceps extensions 15 lb dbs 12 reps
repeat Round 2

Pyramid Pump
Biceps
12,10,8,10,12 reps (at first I forgot I was doing pyramids so that is why I started heavier) LOL, I could probably go heavier on these than what I am doing.
standing sweeper curls 15,15,17.5,15,12 lb dbs
superset with incline curls on the ball 15,12,15,12,10 lb dbs
Back
12,10,8,10,12 reps
pullovers 10, 12.15,12,10 lb dbs
superset with standing single arm back fly 8,10,12,10,8 lb db

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.