Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for March 2019

Today I did Cathe live Awesome Upper Body. I did this one once before and had a great workout. I like this one although it moves almost too fast for me. I had fun with it, though. I love these live workouts.

Are there any workouts on Live that does like two body parts a day? I doubt it since she only does these live workouts once a week, but thought I'd ask.

Giant Set 1
Triceps Dips:
32 reps fast
Standing Overhead Triceps Extensions: 20#/10's - 12 reps
Pushups off Step: 16 reps
Close Grip Chest Press: 15's - 20/16 reps
Chest Flies: 15's - 10 reps
Close Grip to Chest Flies: 15's - 4 sets
One Arm Triceps Pushups: 16 reps each side
Repeat

Giant Set 2
Standing Overhead Press:
12's - 8 reps (but using 1.5 lifts)
Lateral Raise: 5's - 12 reps
Iron Cross: 5's - 6 reps
Rear Flies: 5's - lots (using different rep speeds)
Upright Row: 12's - 16 reps
Repeat

Giant Set 3
Pullover:
20# - 8 reps (1.5 method) - can go up here
One Arm Fly: 10# - 12 reps
One Arm Row: 20# - 12/16 reps
(the fly/row were put together on one side then the other, 2nd time exercises were switched)
Dumbbell Curls: 15's - 8 reps
Crazy Eights: 10's
W Curls: 8's - 8 reps
Reverse Curls: 10's/8's - 16 reps
Repeat

Workout was 40 minutes, burned 274 calories and HR was 138/172.

Jolie - I almost did the workout you did on Saturday but decided to stick with upper body today. I may do that one on Thursday. It looked really good. Twenty Five looks like a good one, too.

Belinda - No, I haven't called on my hamstring yet. What gets me is I don't even notice anything until I start running. I don't understand what's going on with it. Bumming me out. If it keeps up, I will go get it looked at. I'm just not sure who to make the appointment with. Enjoy your recovery week. Good idea to do that before the 80 Day workouts.

Diane - I am trying to at least foam roll every day. My waistline is feeling better, it's not as tight as it has been. Nice job on your workouts this weekend!

Roselyn - Great job with PHA! I need to look into that workout.

Hello to all else!! Hope you all have a great workout!!!

Today I did Cathe Live Glassboro Road Trip Upper Body and Core. I love this workout! I did change the reps up, making it a more endurance workout, each set to 14 reps. This workout has one of the best Core workouts, I like it and most of it does not hurt my low back. After the workout I got on my spin bike, higher resistance and rode for 8 minutes. My quads wee screaming lol! I have to spin more often because my worst part of my body is my quads, really flabby for my liking so this and the elliptical should do the trick. Workout was 1 hour and 10 minutes and I burned 426 calories.

3 rounds of each Giant Set x 14 reps

Chest press- 20's x 14 reps
Chest Flies- 15's x 14
Close Grip Chest Press- 15's x 14

Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50#
1 Arm Rows- 20#
Rear Flies- 10's

Upright Rows- 12's
Seated Shoulder Press- 15's
Lateral Raise- 8's

Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's
Cross Body Ext.- 10#
Kickbacks- 8's

Traditional Curls- 15's
Hammer Curls with a twist- 12's
W Curls- 12's

ABS
Monsters
Leg lifts
Diagonal Leg Lifts
Bicycles
Crunches

Debbie, there are not workouts for 2 body parts per workout but you could take the upper body workouts, do 2 bodyparts and repeat them so you get more reps. Nice job on the workout today, I like that one. I love the total body workouts especially the PHA, Twenty Five and Vertical Loading. You need to try them you will love them!

I will check back later to read all of your posts.

I am really getting done late with my workout. I spent so much time trying to find my workout sheets for Supreme 90 Day workouts and I couldn't find the chart, but I saw it online. Anyway, I started with Lite Cardio Party time saver mix #2 Blast + Calorie Crush, 32 minutes, heart rate average 149, max 184, met 8.40, 225 calories, 2,900 steps. I then did Supreme 90 Day Back and Biceps , heart rate average 102, max 155, 315 calories, met 6.0, 749 steps. I forgot how tough these are. I hope I did not push too hard. I chose this one to start out without shoulders, but I felt it in my shoulders somewhat anyway. I couldn't find that I had something printed out for Legs though. I made the worksheets when I did this years ago. I loaned them out and only recently had them returned so that may be where the booklet and chart went.
Weights today
Each weight grouping is done in a circuit pattern of 3 exercises that are repeated 3 times trying for 8-12 reps
Circuit #1 core
bridges on the ball body weight 15 reps
side plank lifts 15 reps
twist sit up alternating 15 reps
Circuit #2 back biceps
dumbbell alternating arm pullover 15# dbs 9,8,10 reps (counted right and left as 1 rep)
dumbbell plank row alternating 15# dbs 10,10,10 reps (counted right and left as 1 rep)
dumbbell curl in and out (counted this as 1 rep) 15# dbs 10,10,9 reps)
Circuit #3 back biceps
good morning prone press 5# dbs 10,10,10 reps
stability ball diagonal 1 arm pull 15# db 9 reps right then 9 left, second set 10 reps, 3rd set 12# 10 reps each
(I could feel that a bit in my traps)
dumbbell zottman curl 15# dbs 10,10,12 reps
Circuit #4 back biceps
ball reverse hyperextension no weigh 12,12,12 reps
dumbbell bent over row 25# dbs 12,12,12 reps
dumbbell concentration curl (in squat position) 17.5# 12 reps, 22.5# 10,10 reps
Circuit #5 Back Biceps
deadlift bent /over row 25# dbs 8,8,8 reps
1 arm dumbbell bent over row wide 30# 8,8,8 reps
dumbbell alternating hammer curl with a twist 22.5# 8 reps (right and left count as 1 rep)

Last edited:
The weather has gotten frigid again. It is like a roller coaster of up and downs lately. This morning I got up and it was 9 degrees outside. I need to go look at posts from yesterday.

Debbie, I do not recall a live workout that was one or two body part format. The closest you would find would be a lower body workout. Not unless I missed one or she did some more recently. Although I look at the new ones that she puts up to see what they are. Great workout today ! I keep trying to add in stretching. Even if I do not put down a stretch workout, I usually do some stretching off and on during the day and my foam roller lies out waiting for me to use it a bit when I go upstairs. I get up in the morning and after I am up for a bit, I do a some stretching and motion just to get the joints moving better.
I am kind of feeling like I need some more concentrated workouts, if my body will let me get away with it. I have been doing a lot of total body workouts lately and workouts that spend less time per muscle group. It has worked, but I feel like I am starting to get in a rut without progress. I have to choose workouts according to how my body is feeling at the time though, so rotations keep getting laid aside.

Jolie, I think when I am doing spin dvd workouts I often make the ride much harder resistance than they are because my legs are on fire and I am really working to push the pedals. But, I get my heart rate up more that way than lower resistance. It is a good way to do some intervals :) I find the rides get rather boring though and do not do them often. I find myself watching the clock and hoping it is over soon. Good job on the Glasboro trip workout. I don't think we necessarily have to lift really heavy to have lean muscle mass. I keep trying to tell myself that. Sometimes I love how I look when I start to lean out more and the lighter workouts and more metabolic type workouts. Maybe I just need to throw some individual heavier ones in once in awhile.

Roselyn, the PHA live newest workout looks like it would be fun.

Belinda, nice job on the walk and your recovery week so far. I have tried some really awful tasting greens powders. One was a GNC one. The ingredients were much like Shakeology and it tasted terrible. I had found a sale and bought two tubs and made myself drink that stuff trying different mixtures. After I came across Amazing grass I have pretty much only used it. I wish they would get more variety in the stores. Sprouts has a variety of Amazing grass flavors. I have been using it so much that at times I just crave greens powder. Go figure!! Most greens powders do not come in choices of flavors. You get what you get. The antioxidant berry one seems to be the predominant one you see in stores. I think it has got more kudos online and that is why. It has a really good variety of probiotics in it as well as lots of antioxidents. Most are similar, but you will see more Vitamin K or C in some and a few differences. Immunity has some adaptogens like Cordyceps mushroom which is an immunity booster. I tried the energy one once and I did not care for the flavor at all. I think it was supposed to be lime or something.

Hi to Roxie :)

Last edited:
Good Evening,

I did a StudioSweat Spin called Steady Breath Steady Burn from instructor Brooke 27 minutes 7.4 miles 300 calories burned. I am not sure exactly what my role in the pharmacy is now that they have switched owners some day I hope it becomes clear.

Debbie-you should really get your hamstring looked at.

Diane Sue-never tried green drinks but it doesn’t sound good. We got another 2” of snow this last weekend and it was -9 this morning.

Jolie-I really like StudioSweat the rides are varied and fun

Belinda-how are you?

It was -3 here when I got up. The high today is only supposed to be like 19. What is going on? This morning I did Kelly's RAW Just Step #2 and had a great workout. This one was a lot of fun, and I did the whole thing including the boxing and abs part. I probably should have skipped the waist workout because of the tightness in my waist, but honestly, it is feeling much better so I just did it. It might get a bit tight again later, but if it does I will foam roll it. That has helped a lot. I also should have put on my 2# gloves for the boxing part because my HR really didn't get that high doing that. I really liked the step workout, though, and the leg drills in between. It was fun.

Workout was 41 minutes, burned 261 calories and did 4055 steps. HR was 126/188.

I also did one of the A.M. 10 minute yoga workouts on BB. I liked it, just enough to stretch me out and get my day started. They have 10 minutes P.M. workouts too, I may try that tonight.

Jolie - I like how the Glassboro RT workout looks and is laid out. I may do that one on Thursday. You said you did more reps than Cathe, how many reps was it? I will be trying the others you suggest as well. I love these workouts. Also, question - since you got sick during Christmas, have you had any hot flashes? I haven't had one since I got sick. I'm loving it and hope it stays this way!!!

Diane - Who does the Supreme 90 workouts? Never heard of them. I hope you are ok today after doing that workout. How are you feeling? That's good that you stretch so much, I have been trying to do that as well. It really does help.

Roxie - Nice job with your workout. Hope you figure out what you will be doing at work soon, that must be frustrating. I hate not having structure. I will get my hamstring looked at, I'm trying to see if I can just get it to heal. Doctors don't really do much other than tell me not to workout. That won't happen. However, if it persists, I will get it checked out.

Hi to all who comes after me!!!

Happy FAT TUESDAY everyone!!!

Debbie, nice work this morning. I have done that workout a lot. It is a lot of fun. I generally just have a pair of 1 or 2# dbs sitting handy for the boxing moves :)
Supreme 90 Day came out around 2011 I believe. I picked it up at Walgreens for 25 dollars. It is a 90 day program with 10 dvds in the set and is done by Tom Holland and Tosca Reno did the nutrition plan. I saw that they have Core Dynamics on You Tube that someone had put up the actual workout. I really like some of the workouts and there are a few that I do not. For the most part it is a good program. I don't know how easy it is to find a set to purchase. Amazon is all 3rd party sellers I think and I saw ebay has them.
WorkOut Titles and Times
Chest & Back
– Warm Up: 4:19, Workout: 22:14, Cool Down: 5:57
Ultimate Ball – Warm Up: 4:19, Workout: 30:33, Cool Down: 5:57
Tabata Inferno – Workout: 37:45, Cool Down – 5:57
Shoulders & Arms – Warm Up: 4:19, Workout: 32:49, Cool Down: 5:57
Cardio Challenge – Warm Up: 4:19, Workout: 31:06, Cool Down: 5:57
Legs – Warm Up: 4:19, Workout: 22:51, Cool Down: 5:57
Total Body – Warm Up: 4:19, Workout: 23:17, Cool Down: 5:57
Core Dynamics – Warm Up: 4:19, Workout: 18:06, Cool Down: 5:57
Back & Bi’s – Warm Up: 4:19, Workout: 46:22, Cool Down: 5:57
Chest, Shoulders & Tri’s – Warm Up: 4:19, Workout: 34:51, Cool Down: 5:57
Supreme Rock Hard Abs (Bonus DVD) – Workout: 6:22

Good morning,

SBF UB barre + 1 mile walk is done.

Roxie - thanks for asking, I doing fine. How about you? I know how it feels not getting your workouts in. Hopefully soon.

Diane - I have S90 workouts, I done them last your or so. They are great workouts.Tom himself shared that workout on youtube.

Debbie - there is the link to the S90 workouts. If you are interested in getting them let me know. https://www.amazon.com/As-Seen-TV-S...4&s=gateway&sprefix=Supreme+90,aps,142&sr=8-2 I need to downsize :)

Jolie - how's the packing/move going?

Roselyn - have a great workout today.

I will be back later.

Today is a rest day for me. I have been total body workouts and they really kick your butt:) I have to pack today, go buy boxes and tape and start cleaning out cabinets.

Debbie, if you decide to do Supreme 90 let me know. I have the series and I will mail it to you. It is a great workout series but the trainer drives me nuts!!! I will put it in the mail if you decide to try it. I have had a few hot flashes but not bad, thank God! The Road Trip workout is lower reps, from 12 to 8 but I like to mix it up so I did more reps this time. Next time I will do the last set TF to change it up a bit. I just pause the workout on the last set and do what I want to do and then push play again when I am done. Also, since I am writing all of the workouts down I can do them on their own and just change them up a little. High of 65 degrees here today with a change of lite rain.

Diane Sue, I hope you have a nice workout today. I did a lot of juicing last night so I look forward to drinking it the next couple of days. The celery juice craze is not joke, it really helps with inflammation and gives you incredible energy as well as removes brain fog. You should try it for your RA.

Roxie, My low back is so sore I have to go the Chiro to get adjusted so I can pack. Nice job on the workout. I let Debbie know that I have S90 so if she wants me to send it to her I will. The trainer drives me nuts so I don't do the workout anymore. I am loving Cathe Live so I am sticking with that for a while.

Roxie, have a nice day at work and I hope you can get in a workout :) In terms of your role at work, just ask them to clarify that for you so you can do a good job for them!

Roselyn, I hope you are enjoying school and getting in your workouts!

Have a nice day.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Intervals #1, 33 minutes, met 7.0, heart rate average 126, max 176, 251 calories, 2,078 steps. I then did Supreme 90 Day Legs, 33 minutes, met 6.0, 160 calories, heart rate average 98, max 138, 674 steps. This does not have rests in it unless you happen to get your reps in or stop before the others do. I finished off with Suzanne Bowen Barre Amped Lower Body Stretch, 20 minutes, 44 calories. Total time was 86 minutes, 455 calories.
Raw Intervals #1 Cardio based workout using a step(optional) light dumbbells I used 1.5# weight gloves and 5's. It says Kelly uses 3's but you can use up to 7# dbs 2 sets of each weight interval and each step set has a sort rest and is repeated
4 minute warm up
single knee and power corners step
dbs squat press
jab/cross/hook/up switch feet step
jump rope twice back kick (floor)
wide stance dumbbells alternating upper cut curl
football drills (floor)
L step kick out step jog during break and repeat
dbs reverse lunge lunge lateral raise
lunge or jump up and down onto step speed bag high and low
dumbbells bunny hop forward back 2 times front raise
pendulums (floor)
prisoner heel digs (floor)
cross/cross, twist/twist/ duck around dumbbells
L step punch, punch knee up alternating sides step
heel click step out round house (floor)
cool down and floor work (abs) dumbbell dead bug, turkish sit up, oblique crunch center crunch, leg lifts

Supreme 90 Day Legs
core work on the ball
weighted crunch 15 reps 10# db
scissor kick crunch on floor 15 reps
seated on the floor dumbbell twist 15 reps 10# db
done twice
25 prisoner squats
Hamstring bridge on the ball and hamstring roll ins 2 sets
{(main part of the workout that will be repeated a second time starts here:)
lunge forward and back 12# dbs 12 reps all right then 12 reps all left
sumo squat with a heel lift for calves 30# db 15 reps (they say 15-20 reps)
straight leg deadlift 25# dbs first round 22.5 the second 12 reps
lateral side lunge reach 12# dbs 12 reps each side
Bulgarian split squat (They used a stability ball with chair or floor option) I used the high step 12# dbs 12 reps right then 12 reps left
forward lunge reach step back 15# dbs 12 reps each side
squats 25# dbs
repeat from lunge forward
finish off with the hamstring bridge on the ball and hamstring roll ins

I found my calendar to the Supreme 90 workouts. I am not sure where the nutrition guide and stuff went. Anyway, today I chose to do the legs that I had planned for tomorrow. I will do cardio tomorrow and I have Lite PHA coming tomorrow afternoon so will do it Thursday and maybe the one that has triceps, shoulders and chest. Depends on how sore I am :) I remember kind of liking the challenge cardio, I do not remember the tabata too well. I like that the workouts are not really long even with the addition of warm up and stretching.

Belinda, I wasn't sure if that was actually Tom Holland putting up the youtube workout because I saw so many clips and videos others had filmed of themselves. I see that now :) I would have thought that it would be hard to put up someone else' workouts without permission. I kind of like that there is a lot of variety in the workouts. I wish they had different warm ups and cool downs. I remember you doing these, but I did not have mine here at the time. I saw that there is pictures of the nutrition program on Pinterest. I may have passed that on to my grandson when he was in wrestling and looking for a good nutrition program. I would not have picked one that had lots of things his parents would not have in the house. I think I gave him a Bowflex nutrition plan as well. I think the only time I really followed a strict pattern from a workout series on nutrition plans was P90X and I actually made the recipes and everything.

Jolie, I have taken Solaray Tart Cherry and Celery Seed extract before since celery seed is supposed to help gout and arthritis. They had gout listed on my medical records as well as osteo arthritis and RA. I feel like I am taking so many supplements to keep things under control. I thought I had found the perfect combo for awhile. I need to pick up the Rainbow Magnesium + calcium and some vitamin D again. I ordered more multi collagen from Dr Axe and it is taking forever to get here. This time I ordered the Multi collagen Joint+Tissue formula that is vanilla. I am hoping I don't mind the sweet and the vanilla in it. I just ran out of the Multi Collagen rest and recovery last night, so I need to order it again. I think I will order from Amazon though as It is taking way to long from Dr Axe. Usually it does not take this long. I was reading about dealing with flare ups and they suggest skipping all sugars including honey and fruit. That is tough and I just bought two tubs of Less Naked Whey protein and it has some coconut sugar in it. Not much for additives though and it is not very sweet at all. I like the taste of this one. Some of those protein powders that think they have to use artificial sweeteners or erythritol give me stomach cramps.
Packing and cleaning is enough work without adding a workout. Not much rest there :)

Roxie, I like the greens and the reason I originally started using them was to help with acid reflux, as they alkalize. I had been trying to follow a alkaline diet program to help. I was able to quit Nexium which is really bad for you. Acid can erode and eat away at bone. Anyway, I still pay attention to this with diet. People don't realize that the foods that build acid up in the system are much different than what one would think. I think the greens taste good.

Debbie, I think that I gave my Supreme 90 to the thrift store! I thought I kept it but I cant find it now. If I run across it while packing I will save it for you.

Hi all!

Thanks for offering me the Supreme 90 workouts. I don't want them, I was just wondering what they were and who did them. LOL! Thanks, though, I do appreciate it. You are all such great friends!!!

Good morning,

Walk and SBF LB barre is done.

Diane - if you do a search you can find a few workouts from Tom on youtube. I did the series a year and half maybe? Can't remember. I still have all the material, if you need me to copy anything let me know. I usually keep all the materials. I am going through all mine, if I can find it online...I will get rid of it. I do like the set.

I will try to be back later.

Reactions: WD
Belinda nice work. I usually keep all of the materials. I just remember passing on some of the nutrition plans to my grandson. That and s ome pieces of equipment. I need to see if he still has/uses my superb and and superb and dvd. I saw the Supreme 90 day nutrition plan on the Internet somewhere. I doubt I would use it. I think there is oats and things I rarely eat in it.

I think I may have done a Supreme 90 workout off youtube once - didn't grab me and make me want to do the program.

This week I've done a few more Cathe Live - bootcamp, kickbox and this morning Hearts on Fire. Fun stuff!

12 degrees is supposed to be the high today. WTF?

Hello everyone! Today I had a couple of good workout. First I did Kelly's RAW Boxing, Bells and Band - I don't think I've done this one before and if I did I don't remember it. It was fun. She did some glute, hamstring and ab work at the end. I was going to skip it because my waist is still very tight (but getting better) and you all know the thing with my hamstring. But I did it anyways and took it easy. Nothing hurts now so I guess that's good.

Workout was 30 minutes, burned 182 calories and did 2121 steps (I thought it would be more than that but I guess not. HR was 127/158.

Then I did a Flow workout from BB's 3 Week Yoga Retreat. It was a good one but I think I should have done a stretch one instead. I did like it, but it was more taxing on my hamstring then helpful.

30 minutes, burned 113 calories and HR was 108/137.

Diane - Thank you so much for all the information on the Supreme 90 workouts. They look good but I don't think I need more DVD's or another workout series. LOL! I was just curious as to who did them, I never heard of them before. The ab one on Youtube looks good, I may do that one. I bet your legs are sore today! Nice job on your workout combo yesterday.

Belinda - Thank you for offering me the workouts, I really appreciate it. I was just wondering who they were by, I don't really need more DVD's. LOL! I'm trying to weed things out as well, I have too much stuff. Nice job on your easy workout yesterday. Hope you are enjoying your recovery week.

Jolie - I am really sore from my workout on Monday, first time that has happened since I started doing Cathe. I'm looking forward to the Glassboro workout tomorrow. Thanks for posting it. Don't worry about those workouts, I don't need anymore DVD's. I was just wondering who did them. :)

Roselyn - Are you doing Body Beast again or just mixing it up? Nice workout!

Doreen - Nice job on your live workouts. They are so fun!!

Roxie - Hope all is well with you!!!

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Today I did Cathe Live, Vertical Loading again because I love it! I changed up a few exercises to make it new and fresh feeling and it worked out great. Most exercises I did 16 to 20 reps per set with different rep patterns. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 489 calories. I added in some pop squats, jump rope squats, and some KB swings at the end of each grouping to get my heart rate up to burn more calories. I love how you can just pause the workout and change it up again and push play again. Average heart rate was 125 and max was 165. I haven't lost any weight, actually I have gained some back from when I was sick but my cloths are fitting looser!!!!!! Yah!:)

Warm Up
Seated Overhead Press- 15's
Bicep Curls- 17's
Triceps Kickbacks- 10's
Chest Press, no push ups- 20's
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50#
Warrior Slide Back Lunges BW x 16 each leg
Pop Squats x 20
(Repeat)

Lateral Raise to Front Raise- 8's
Hammer Curls- 17's
Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's
Rear Delt Flies- 10's x 10, x 9, x 8
Chest Flies- 15's
4 Squats to 2 Deadlifts- 15's
Jump Rope Squats x 20
(Repeat)

Upright Rows- 12's
W Curls- 12's , Next round I did incline curls- 12's
Close Grip Chest Press- 17's
4 Chest Press to 4 Chest Flies- 15's
1 Arm Rows- 25#
Leg Ext- 50#
Side to Side Lunges- 5's
(Repeat )

I added some ABS at the end.

Debbie, nice workout and yoga too! Have you tried Vertical Loading yet? You will like it, you can customize it to what ever suits you.

Doreen, nice workouts this week. I didnt like Supreme 90 either...

Roselyn, nice workout girl!

Belinda, can you believe that I have never done a Barre Workout ever! I should :)

Diane Sue, I hope you have a good workout today. I am making some white Italian soup today, with Kale, spinach, onion, some potatoes, and a whole bunch of goodness!

I gotta run, i have an appraiser coming soon.

Happy Hump Day. My husband is home sick today :( He is never sick.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.