Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for March 2019

Jolie - great job with your workout today. You should try a barre workout on day. There are a ton on youtube.

Debbie - you are welcome! I hear you on going through your stuff. I sure have enough crap. I regret buying so many dvd's and other stuff. Great job on your workout today.

Diane - yep, I did S90 over a year ago, when I went through my collection. Never made it through, lol. You be surprised what you find on YT :) If you need any material, I can copy them for you and sent them too you. I usually keep all the material.

Roselyn - have fun with your workout today.

Roxie - hope you have a great day.

Doreen - good job this week with all your workouts.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Step 2, 40 minutes, met 8.3, 294 calories, 3,655 steps, heart rate average 150, max 185. I wore 1# gloves for the last part with boxing and standing abs. I then did Supreme 90 Day Core Dynamics, 31 minutes with the warm up and stretch that I am already getting tired of, 125 calories, met 4.7, heart rate average 95, max 157, around 333 steps as I forgot to turn on the Fit bit at the start. I ended with Cathe Lite stretch 2, 11 minutes, 3.5 met, 31 calories. Total time was 81 minutes, 450 calories. PHA came before I started, but since I did legs yesterday and have some mild soreness, I thought it best to wait till tomorrow.
Supreme 90 Day Core Dynamics each move done for 30 seconds in groups that are circuits
circuit #1
roll up to standing
curls 10# db
knee to elbow
plank rotation 5# dbs
standing marching with alternating overhead press
circuit #2
sit up with a twist 10# db
fore arm side plank punch out 5# db
plank twist body weight
plank extend arm body weight
standing swing through 15# db
Circuit #3
forearm plank jacks
db seated twists 10#
side plank lifts
supreme crunch alternating
standing clean and press alternating db 10#
circuit #4
forearm plank punch up 5# db
plank tap thigh alternating
V up
forearm plank leg lift
standing squat to overhead reach both arms

Debbie, I understand. I am not doing a full rotation. I just wanted something different to fit in. My strategy is to work what needs it most and doesn't hurt ;) Include stretching is important to me at the moment.

Belinda, thank you !! I will keep that in mind if I need something. I know you have a lot of workouts.

Doreen, Supreme 90 does not have fun music and it seems they are all doing the moves a bit differently and less or more reps and weight according to their fitness level. Some of the time they are a bit fast and other times I find myself waiting.

I went to Sprouts after my workout and picked up some of the Suja probiotic drinks and green juice drinks. I love the Suja probiotic apple cider vinegar juice Lemon Cayenne. It has ginger juice that helps give it a bit of bite with the cayenne and is sweetened with some stevia. There is some coconut nectar in it as well. I happened to get hold of a bottle at Walmart and today I bought several. I needed some collagen packets since Dr Axe is taking forever to get my multi collagen joint formula here. I keep watching tracking and it took Fed X a whole day to get it from Fort Worth to Dallas. That is ridiculous. I should have ordered from Amazon, but Dr Axe gave me a 10 dollar off order so I bought it there. Still with shipping it was almost as much as Amazon with the 10 off.

Today I had an excellent workout. I did Cathe Live Glassboro Road Trip 2018 workout from 7/28/18. What a fun workout and I could lift heavy with this one because it's only 8 reps, so that was cool. There is a lady on there who is a bodybuilder, not sure who she is but she was huge, cut and very muscular. I remember wanting to look like that. Although very impressive, I'm glad I never got that muscular.

Each giant set is done 3 times with 8 reps each.

Giant Set 1
Pushups:
10/10/10 reps on step
Chest Flies: 20's
Close Grip Chest Press: 20's

Giant Set 2
Pullovers:
25#/30#/30# - 6 reps at 4/4 count
One Arm Row: 25#
One Arm Rear Fly: 12#

Giant Set 3
Upright Row:
15's
Shoulder Press: 12's/15's/15's
Lateral Raise: 10's

Giant Set 4
Standing Overhead Extensions:
25#/25#/20#
Kickbacks: 10's
Dips: 24 reps

Giant Set 5
Dumbbell Curls:
15's
Hammer w/Twist: 15's
W Curls: 10's

Abs:
Monster Walks
- 16 reps
Leg Lifts: Center, left, center, right - 4 sets (killer) - used 8's
Plank w/Knee-Ins - 8 reps each side
This was done 3 times as well. Really good ab work

Workout was 52 minutes, burned 296 calories and HR was 124/158.

Loved this workout. Was good to go heavy again. Glad this one is out there.

Jolie - Thank you for telling me about this workout, it was really fun. Yes, I've done Vertical Load before, I don't think I liked it as much as you do. LOL!! It was a good workout, though. Nice job yesterday!

Belinda - Hope you have a great recovery workout today. It's nice to take it easy once in a while.

Diane - I wish we had a Sprouts here, not familiar with that store at all. We do have some organic stores in the area, I need to go visit them again. Nice job with your workout, Step 2 is fun.

Hi to all who come after me!! Have great workouts everyone!!!

Reactions: WD
Debbie, nice workout. I am glad you were able to lift heavy again and enjoyed it so much. I remember that one and I remember the lady. She stood out and did have impressive amounts of muscle. I too used to wish for that, but I really am liking the look of lean muscle.
I love Sprouts. They are pretty much a grocery store that has everything except caustic cleaners, no Excedrin, ibuprophen etc.. I end up going across the street to Dollar General sometimes rather than drive to Walmart for those items and decent toilet paper. That thin recycled stuff is expensive in Sprouts..

Today I am taking a rest day, I have a chiropractic appointment out of town, a hour drive and I am so tired from yesterdays workout too! My muscle are really tired and sore so I think a rest is what is best for me to recover.

Debbie, Im glad you liked that workout too! I saw that lady too, boy is she muscular. Last time I did it I did more reps than Cathe, but I love that it is lower rep so you can lift heavy if you desire.

Be back later to read posts, gotta get on the road.

Wow, I should have never done all that ab work, I am in major pain right now. My waist and low back are really hurting, I did way too much core work this week. Maybe next week I'll skip ab work altogether. I can't believe I can be in this much pain just from coughing. WTF??? :(

• Sad
Good afternoon,

Before I did my workout today, I CleanMax :) Today I did SBF Strong Back + 1 mile walk.

Debbie - be careful! Defiantly back off doing abs daily. Cathy's ab workouts are tough. I do enjoy my recovery week.

Jolie - enjoy your rest day today. Hope the chiropractic can help with your sore muscles.

Diane - hope your package is coming soon. That's a good discount. Nice job on your workouts.

Roxie and Roselyn - what are your workouts today?

I will be back tomorrow.

This morning I did Cathe Lite Metabolic Time saver Cardio Crush, 23 minutes, met 8.6, 153 calories, 1,715 steps, heart rate 131 average, 184 max. I followed this with Lite PHA 2 mish mosh extreme #1 6 rounds, 62 minutes, 436 calories, met 8.20, 1,215 steps, and finished off with Lite Extended stretch 11 minutes, 31 calories, 33 steps. Total time was 96 minutes, calories burned 620, 2,963 steps.
PHA 2 weights done as 6 rounds (rnds 1 a and round 1 b are the same and rnds 2 a and 2 b are the same so that is the 4 original rounds then with this mix you do 1 more round of each at the end.
Same weight all 3 rounds unless I point out an adjustment
Round 1 grouping 1 a,b,b in the workout
side to side sumo squats left and right count as 1 rep 20# db 12 reps same all 3
one arm row 2 directions count as 1 reps 20# db 10 reps same all 3
forward leaning glute lunges uses the platform 12# db12 reps
pullovers 15# dbs rnd 1 other two rnds 12# dbs (felt it in my neck and traps)
standing squats 20# dbs
push ups 3ct counts as 1 5 reps (this was not on my workout card)
rear lunges off step 15# dbs 12 reps
close grip bench press 1 rep is a count of 3 presses slow and singles 15# dbs 5 reps
repeat all
second grouping 2a,b,b
side lunge 20# db 12 reps right 12 reps left
biceps curls 15#dbs 12 reps
elevated push dips 12# dbs 12 reps right 12 reps left
side to front lateral raise counts as 1 reps 8# dbs 12 reps
static lunge 20# db 12 reps right 12 reps left
W curl 15# dbs 12 reps
deadlifts 20# dbs 12 reps
lying triceps extension 12# dbs 12 reps (should have used 15's)
repeat all for 2b

Wow, I should have never done all that ab work, I am in major pain right now. My waist and low back are really hurting, I did way too much core work this week. Maybe next week I'll skip ab work altogether. I can't believe I can be in this much pain just from coughing. WTF??? :(
Debbie, I am so sorry that you are in so much pain. I am trying to be cautious with twisting moves which my physical therapy book and other sources suggest is something that can cause problems. I limit the range of motion. I used to be so aggressive with moves. I had some issues with my low back when I did those hyper extensions on the stability ball the other day. I know it is recommended to strengthen the back to do those and the superman move since we spend so much time in forward movement patterns. They always seem to bother me so I try to stagger those moves out. For me stretching out the hip flexors seems to help my low back. Anatomy is so complex.

I had to make my dog an appointment. I cannot get her in till Tuesday because Monday I am picking up my grandson from school when they would have had an opening. She is losing spots of hair all over one side of her body and a couple spots on the other. I am not sure what is causing it. No redness, she is not scratching. I put Frontline Gold on her the 28th of January and bought a different salmon dog food that was not Limited Ingredient (always use grain free) and within a week she had little bumps and some hair coming off with flaking skin. I have used a special shampoo and a then added a spray. It does not seem better, maybe it has stopped? It is causing me a lot of worry. Odd thing was the Frontline was giving me problems applying it and kept wanting to run?? I get it from the vet. When the spots started showing I gave her a bath to help get some of it off. I cannot find anything that sounds like her issue online.

Jolie, it sounds like a rest day is definitely in order. Maybe the chiropractor will help. All the moving and packing probably adds to it.

Belinda, I checked and my package should be here today :) Nice job getting the cleaning done first. I generally do some before I workout after my husband leaves for work then do some more in the afternoon.

So, I have a lot of inflammation right now and that is causing my pain, but I feel so much better now that I have been adjusted. My lower back was out big time and so was my neck. I have to get some Turmeric and Curcumin ASAP because I looked in my cabinet and I am out of stock. Also, I will hit up the Apple Cider Vinegar and Alkaline water too, that should all help along with an infra red sauna tonight. I have a portable sauna so I set it up in front of the tv and sweat away.

Nice workouts today ladies, we are killing it if we aren't in pain or sick LOL!!!~

Good Evening,

I did StudioSweat 20 Minute Stretch tonight after work. I really need to get back into a routine.

Diane Sue-I need to try your drink I have a serious case of acid reflux and pancreatitis which has started to flare up again.

Debbie-you need to see a physic or ortho doctor

Jolie-sorry about the inflammation

Belinda-I too have to many workouts

Today all I did was walk on my treadmill. I did not want to cause anymore stress to my midsection. It is feeling better than it was yesterday but still very tight. I laid on a heating pad most of the evening while watching TV. I also did the resistance band workout from Stretch Max. I only did the lower body part, once she got to stretching the forearms I stopped. Love that stretch workout.

Walk was 43 minutes, I burned 234 calories, walked 2.13 miles and did 5149 steps. HR was 101/133.

It was funny, every time I looked at my Fitbit my HR was at like 88. It never changed for the first 20 minutes. I loosened the band up and moved it around on my arm and then it started showing up to 133 bpm. WTH? Why didn't it work when it was on tighter? These devices make no sense to me.

I also wore it when I slept last night and did not like it's readings. I know it's just a watch and probably can't really tell when we are in deep sleep or not, but this is what it said:

Total sleep was 6 hr. 19 min., it says I was awake for 34 min. - which I don't think I was - it says I was in REM sleep for only 1 hr. 4 min., was in a deep sleep for only 37 minutes and was in light sleep for 4 hr. 38 min.

I always feel like I sleep like the dead. I never wake up except once to go to the bathroom. I have to wonder if these readings are accurate?

Anyways, just wanted to put that out there.

Diane - Yes, that lady on the Glassboro workout stood out like a sore thumb. Very impressive. Her boobs didn't really match her physique, though, I thought it was odd that they were so big. Sorry, probably shouldn't say that on here, but it's true. Usually athletes like that have nothing on top. But I was very impressed by her. Cathe says to her "You sure know how to lift weights!" or something like that, it was funny. Like you, I am no fan of supermans or cobra or any of those. I do them when I do yoga but very carefully. I know we are supposed to strengthen our backs, but I feel those exercises cause more harm. Nice job on your workout yesterday!! It sounds like your dog is allergic to something. Poor thing. I hope she gets better soon. I hate when our babies aren't well.

Jolie - I hope your back is feeling better today after your adjustments. It sucks to be in pain. Hope you can workout today!

Belinda - I agree, Cathe has some tough ab work. I love them but shouldn't be doing them until my midsection is healed. Stupid me. Glad you are enjoying your rest week!!

Roselyn - Nice job on your HiiT workout!!!

Roxie - Seeing a doctor doesn't really do much. They tell you to rest, use heat and ice and then you are merrily on your way. If my situation doesn't improve in a couple weeks I will go see someone. I can feel myself getting better, I just don't think I'm letting it heal all the way. We'll see. Hope you get back to a routine. :)

Hope you all have great workouts and a great weekend. I'll check in if I do yoga this weekend.

Debbie, I think having the band looser works better. I recently started wearing my leather band through my workouts after accidentally leaving it on my watch and it fits looser than I wear my other bands. It has been reading my heart rate way better.

Quick check in. I will have to come back later as I need to shower and pick up my granddaughter from school She has early release today.
My workout today was Ice Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox main + blizzard blast basic mix 4, 63 minutes, met 8.5, 452 calories, heart rate average 139, max 163, 6,045 steps. I used 1# dumbbells till the blizzard blast started.
I then did Icy Core #2 14 minutes, met 4.0 (Cathe has 5 but does not work for me) 50 calories, heart rate average 189, max 111, 53 steps. I used an 8# db and med tension band. Total time was 77 minutes, calories burned 502, 6,098 steps.

Today I am feeling really good, a little sore but better. I didn't want to hurt myself by lifting today so I walked on the TM for 45 minutes, 6.5 incline, 3.4 speed, 2.5 miles and I burned 451 calories. Average heart rate was 126 and max was 172. I previewed Cathe Live, low impact cardio and strength with step ( 6/11/15 ) and boy I cant wait to try this workout and master it! What a workout for the legs, the step height is 2 to 3 risers, it looks a lot like . Athletic Step. I really want to do some kind of step workout because I have one and want to use it. Next week I am going to try it, it may take me a while to master because I cant do step workouts but I want to do this one for sure.

Debbie, nice TM workout. I always wear my looser, to where it is almost about to move when I swing my arm. I learned a long time ago that the tighter it is the worse read out I get. I thing it is supposed to just be on the skin but not really tight.

Diane Sue, nice workout today. I hope you have a nice time with your granddaughter today.

Roxie, nice job on the workout yesterday!

Roselyn, I am so happy that you can get your workouts in even though you are going to school full time.

Belinda, I hope you have a great workout today!

Have a nice day.

Good afternoon,

I did SBF Pretzel (glute) + 3 mile walk.

Jolie - glad to hear you are feeling better today. Great job with your workout today.

Debbie - feel better soon. I always have to be careful with my back doing Cathe's ab workouts. All that twisting. My back doesn't like it.

Roxie - glad I am not the only one that has too many workouts. I regret buying all those dvd's :( There is no need to own so much, IMO! At least, I stopped buying dvd years ago.

Diane - nice cal burn today. Enjoy your time with your granddaughter today. I have to break up my cleaning in 3 parts. Everyday I did one floor. It's way to much cleaning in one day.

Roselyn - good job on that HiiT workout.

Hope I didn't miss anyone, if so I am sorry. My kids are coming today. I will probably not be around much this weekend. We shall see! Have a great weekend, everyone.

Debbie, I use the sleep feature all of the time. I think it is fairly accurate. I generally know when it takes me a bit to fall asleep, or I wake for a bit. I usually can expect more rem sleep if I have had a lot of dreams (or nightmares), and deep sleep is solid and is so beneficial. My readings are much like what you got. Sometimes I will do better. For awhile I was able to make adjustments in things for sleeping and managed to get an hour and a half deep sleep and over 2 hours of rem which is pretty good. It is normal for the bulk to be light sleep with wake segments throughout. They say we often do not even realize the wake time. Usually I find the times are probably when I was coughing or something and finally sip some water. I find I sleep better if I do not have snacks near bed time, avoid spicy foods, and turn off the computer a couple of hours before bed. I keep the reading background on my tablet a muted green color or dimmed. Whatever I can do to avoid stimulation. Also omitting caffeine makes a difference. If there is anxiety and stress it makes a difference. So, there are many variables. I am happy if I get at least 7 hours of sleep and I do a at least a couple of days a week. Ashwagandha and Reishi mushroom help me sleep better take an hour or two before bed. I think you just have to work at it.
I made the mistake once of setting the sleep for sensitive and that made it look like I was awake most of the night. You can't move at all or it labels you awake and I turn and move around to keep joints from hurting. If I sleep say 7 hours and there is only a few minutes of rem and deep sleep, I feel fatigued during the day. It doesn't matter that I got a decent total amount of sleep. You can read about it on their faq on sleep insights. I like to check what my low in heart rate is as well. That way I know if supplements I am taking or stress is making my low it up more. There are useful tools there once you figure out how to use them.

Jolie, I have done that low impact workout and liked it. Good idea to take another day rest from weights. I love step workouts and try to mix up different types of cardio to cross train.

Belinda, nice jog on SB and the walk. Have you decided what you are going to do after the active recovery? I like having a more relaxed pace to my workouts once in while. When we had our last house there was no way I could clean all of it in a day. I would work on upstairs and then downstairs was divided into two parts. Often I would end up doing planters and outside work till dark because there was so much to do. It was a relief downsizing.

Roselyn, nice work.

Roxie, it is good that you were able to get in some stretching. Hope you can figure out a routine that will work for you. It is beneficial to put lots of greens in the diet.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.