Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for JUNE 2022!!

Hi,

Slow & Heavy Triceps & Biceps is done.

Sadie had a follow up appointment to check on her breathing. The vet took xray's, everything looks great. I am so happy she doesn't have problems with her breathing. The vet and staff just love Sadie :)

Debbie - you can use any lettuce. Those are so good. I need to check out her 1 min mug cake. FOK does the corn tortillas the same way. If I look at the ebook, Kiki gets her resources from Dr. Dougall, Dr. Gregor from How not to die and FOK's. She simply the recipes.

Cam - I have both dvd's. Oh well! Great job yesterday.

Jolie - nicely done today.

Doreen + Diane, have a great workout.

Today I did Michelle Briehler Cardio Kickbox Low Impact (all standing), heart rate 113/139, 127 calories, 31 minutes. Michelle showed low Impact, but not everyone did low impact. I do not think of burpees, lunge floor touches etc as standing though. I did some of the low impact versions for sure. I used 1# dumbbells.
I then did CDorner Cardio Kickboxing Tabata, 31 minutes, heart rate 138/162, 181 calories. Steps for both was 4,605. Chris uses dumbbells for the last part of the workout. I did not use them. I then did CDorner FLow Stretch from today, but skipped part of the down dog plank stuff and those stretches (I think scorpion?) where you end up lying back with your arm straight behind you. That one hurts. I used to could do it. Total time was 87 minutes, 354 calories. I almost tried an Kickboxing with Alyssa Khun on her arthritis site. I think I should watch it first as the last one was okay, but more for a beginner person with working out. She has very muscular legs. Obviously she works out.
Headache and neck pain is still prevailing:confused:, but I feel more energetic today. Not sure how tomorrow will go as I scheduled an air guy to come and clean our air unit and check the filter as I have never been sure I put it in right. I am not used to a unit like this hvac system that is in the attic. The last filter I took out did not look dirty at all. I was checking my calendar and tomorrow is 6 months post-surgery. My PT said I should be able to do down dogs and planks by then and it would probably be a bit slow getting back into it.

Doreen, that must have been startling when you saw it was a bear and not a dog. It sure was brave to come out near a road.

Belinda, I am glad that Sadie is okay. Thanks for the link to Chris on the Today show. I will watch this evening when my husband goes to work and grandson leaves. Then I will have a break. Nice work with slow and heavy biceps and triceps today. You are right, both of those workouts are tough ones. I often used premixes with those. I always had a difficult time wrapping with lettuce leaves and would give up dumping it all in a bowl and eating it like salad. LOL! I am really fighting the pain lately. I think it is letting up a bit maybe. It was not hurting when I went to bed last night. Hopefully I can get it under control.

Debbie, awesome workout and great calorie burn. That was a nice mix of Kelly's boxing workouts. There are no burpees in any of Burpee Girls workouts that I have done. I usually do the cardio ones and I have done a weight one. She has a variety of workouts. I guess that is just what she chose to call herself. The indoor cardio workouts are generally low impact and she does them barefoot. I like them. She does not talk. There is a timer. She does have some kickboxing, but I have not tried any yet. The music is decent. They have been friendly to my knees and my neck and shoulders. Some of my PT causes me more pain. I discovered that it was the reverse grip pullover move that was causing the me the rib cage and breast pain. I quit doing them with my other PT exercises and that pain let up. I tried once again recently and that night the pain was there. So I am being careful with that move so I can be really sure it is that.

Cam, nice work with Tracey Steen four quadrant.

Jolie, way to go with today's workout even though you are tired from yesterday's workout. I am thinking I need to take another rest day, to recuperate. Chris was talking about someone that was set on burning lots of calories and spent so much time getting them and only used the same light weights all of the time. She said the woman never changed and always looked the same. She said we do not need to burn tons of calories. She encourages stretching and rest days. I think I am getting better at that than the way I worked out years ago.

Today I did Penny Barnshaw 30 min. Tabata Cardio & Core. I had to modify a few high impact moves, but surprisingly this was lower/moderate impact. Great workout and challenging. 20 sec work/10 sec rest. 4 circuits of 6 exercises. Each circuit repeated 2x. I liked this format. No-boredom and went quick. Definitely doing this again.

Jolie, yes, Tracy is on YT. Good workout today.

Debbie, good workout. Yes, I agree that longer stretching makes such a difference. I spend about 10-15 min stretching after my workouts. I never used to stretch for that long. Heck, I usec to barely stretch at all. I sure feel better.

Doreen, just in the news, we have a bear on the loose in our area. Like Debbie, we don't have that problem here. Kinda scary.

Roselyn, i am thinking about doing the same Caroline workout tomorrow. It looks good.

Diane, Good workout! I love Michelle's workouts. She's pretty creative.

Good workouts everyone!

Reactions: WD
I'm checking in late because I had to drop my car off for it to get fixed. What a cluster that was. Anything dealing with insurance turns to crap. I was there for 2 hours waiting for my rental. I registered yesterday and funny, no one had my registration. Unreal.

This morning I did RAW Upper Body Strength & Endurance. This was a good workout, I wasn't sure I could get through it all but I did. This was an hour and I haven't done an hour lifting workout in forever. Loved it.

ROUND 1
Strength Segment - 12 reps - no rest

Squats:
Skipped
One Arm Row: 20#
Seated Dumbbell Curls: 12's
Alternate Shoulder Press: 12's (only 6 reps each side, 12 total)
Bench Press: 20's
Seated Overhead Triceps Extension: 20#/15#
Repeat

Endurance Segment - 1 minute/10 seconds rest
Run Rows:
8's
Run Curls: 8's
Alternate Lateral Raise/Run Raise: 8's
Alternate Run Press: 8's
Alternate Triceps Skull Crushers: 5's

ROUND 2
Strength Segment
again but 10 reps - I used same weights as above 2 times through
Endurance Segment again - I used same weights except dropped to 5's with lateral raises - She adds squats to this (forgot with the first round). I skipped all squats.

ROUND 3
Strength Segment again but 8 reps - I raised my weights for Curls and Shoulder press to 15's and used 20# for overhead extensions
Endurance Segment again - Same weights as the 2nd round

Workout was 60 minutes, burned 467 calories, did 639 steps and HR was 131/162.

Belinda - I can't remember the last time I did the Slow & Heavy workouts. Those were good workouts. That's what I like about Kiki's recipes, they are so easy. Vegan Mama, too. FOK have good recipes but some of them take forever to make.

Diane - Great job with your workouts yesterday. The kickboxing one sounds like fun, I should get back to doing Chris's workouts. Oh, I thought Burpee Girl was the name of the workout. LOL!! I have been doing great since I'm not sitting at a desk behind a computer all day. Wish I could always feel this good!

Jolie - Yes, this Garmin definitely works way better than any of my Fitbits did. LOL on your dad wearing and his hat! My mom would wear one, too, if I gave her one!

Roselyn & Cam - Great workouts yesterday girls!

Have a great day everyone!

Back with personals.

Tomorrow I have my appointment RP study with Penn. We have to leave 8 am. I probably will not get a workout in. Unless I get up at 4 am? The drive almost 4 hours one way. We shall see.

Debbie - I was thinking the same with I did S&H on Monday. They are very good workouts. I'll be honest, I thought I would miss FOK. I agree with you they take a long time. I felt like I was in the kitchen half the day, lol.

Diane - you are welcome! I am sorry you are in pain. I hope you feel better soon.

Roselyn - good job with Fuel. They all look good.

Cam - good job yesterday.

I will check in after I get home, unless it's too late. A lady from the RP support group has also an appt. at Penn tomorrow. She wants to meet for coffee.

Good night.

Today I did Tracy 45 min Killer Compound 3 Repeater Strength. This was good. 3, 30 sec. rounds of a compound move. 10 sec rest.

Belinda, good luck with your appointment. Good workout. I love Chiseled Lower Body.

Debbie, good workout. I'm sure your workout time is more enjoyable when you don't have to rush off to work. Sitting at a desk all day sure takes it's toll. I always feel so good on the weekend, but by Thursday, I start to feel stiff and achy. I have to make myself get up and move at work.

Roselyn, good workout. I was going to do her upper body but it kinda looked like too much push up moves for today.

Time for bed!

I took a rest day and took a nap today. I am catching up on laundry and cleaning I have let go a lot while having my grandson here. I also needed to get outside and tend to plants and stuff. It was hot out there!! It is supposed to be 102 Saturday. I will get a workout in tomorrow. The rest has helped, and my neck and shoulders feel much better today.

Belinda, good luck with your appointment for the study. That is a long trip. I do not think I would get up at 4 to work out. I feel better today and hope that it stays that way. That is nice that you have met someone from the support group that you can talk to. Thanks for the link to the Today Show with Chris. I had to laugh at the tablecloth comment on Savannahs outfit. Where in the world did she find that outfit anyway?

Debbie, that looks like a real good workout. Dealing with insurance is a pain. What did you register for? It sounds like your morning was unpleasant for sure. We have had problems with warranty work on our vehicles. Funny how selling the vehicle is easy, but honoring the warranty is not so much. I know not sitting too long at the computer at a time makes a big difference for me as well.

Roselyn, nice work on hamstrings and glutes.

Cam, great job with Tracy Killer Compound workout today.

Last edited:
This morning I had another excellent workout. I did two workouts again today. The first one was RAW Cardio Crush, I think this is the redone one and has Kaitlin in it. Love it, I was able to do most of it without any modification although I didn't use the step. I did all the moves on the floor.

Workout was 39 minutes, burned 343 calories, did 3253 steps and HR was 137/179.

Then I wanted to get a lower body workout in with just the loop band and Kelly actually had one called RAW Glute Fiinisher. I've never done it before and actually never remember seeing it out there, but I'm sure it's been there. It does a series of standing movements with the band right above your knee and then she does floorwork like clamshells and bridges. I did it all and wow was I feeling it at the end.

Workout was 23 minutes, burned 168 calories and HR was 124/155.

I also spent about 15 mintues stretching my legs and upper body out. I can't believe how good I feel and I know it has to do with not sitting in front of a computer every day for 8 hours. I'm sure the stretching is helping as well.

Roselyn - Is that a fuel workout - the one you did yesterday? I'll have to check that one out. Does she use weights?

Belinda - Good luck with the study today. I hope it is useful for the doctors to study.

Cam - It is great to not go to work every morning. I love that I have all this tiime to workout now. I usually start feeling it Monday afternoon, you're lucky it takes until Thursday for you to start feeling achy.

Diane - I had to register with Enterprise so they would have a car for me. I did that the day before but when I got to Enterprise they didn't even have me in their system. Ridiculous. I swear, they guy I talked to sounded like he was outside plus he was so hard to understand. So I had to wait an hour and a half to get a car. The right hand doesn't know what the left one is doing. Glad you took a rest day, hope you are feeling good today.

Jolie - Hope you had a good rest day! Unless you forgot to post your workout. LOL!!

Got a busy day so I'll wish you all a great day and workouts!

Wow, where is everyone? Did the apocalypse happen and no one told me? LOL!!

Today I did RAW Box & Pump. I had a great workout and went higher with my weights since the last time which was in May. Love this workout!

1 minute each drill

Rows: 15's
W Back Flies: 10's
Overhead press/flies: 8's

Boxing
Supinated Curls
: 15's
Pledges: 10's
Front/Hammer Run Curls: 8's (killer!)

Boxing
Upright Rows:
15's
Bent Elbow Lateral Raise: 10's
Bent Over Flies: 8's

Boxing
Overhead Extension
: 15#
Double Arm Kickbacks: 8's
Dips

Boxing
Chest Press:
15's
Flies: 10's
Face Plant Push Ups

Squats:
Skipped
Back Lunges: Skipped
Scales: Skipped

Workout was 47 minutes, burned 385 calories, did 2767 steps and HR was 131/152.

Since no one posted, I don't have any personals to do. :(

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

By the way, both of my knees are hurting now. I give up!!

Sorry for not checking in the last two days, life was super busy and yesterday I could not get onto Cathe's website for anything, it just would not load. However, this is what I did on Wed. and Thursday. Wed. was a rest day. Yesterday I did Cathe STS Meso 2 Disc #18 Back and Biceps and I added core at the end. No walk because my son was using the TM and I did not want to wait until it was free. Had an excellent workout anyways and here is what I did. Today is a rest day because I have my monthly Chiro appointment so I am short on time. I will do a lot of walking this weekend at the beach!

Wide Grip Pull Downs-
50# x 16
60# x 12, x 10, x 10
Narrow Grip Palms Facing inward pull downs-
70# x 12, x 10, x 8

1 Arm Horz. Rows-
17# x 12, x 10, x 8
15# x 12 BOS

1 Arm Rows-
25# x 12, x 10, x 8
2 Arm Underhand Grip Rows-
15's x 14 BOS

BB DeadLifts-
35# x 12, x 12, x 12

BB Bicep Curls-
35# x 12, x 10, x 8 (these darn near killed me, have not done them in a long time)
25# x 13 BOS

Seated Alt. Curls with a twist-
17's x 12, x 10, x 8
15's x 8 Alternating x 10 both arms at a time BOS

Concentration Curls-
15# x 12, x 10, x 8
12# x 15 BOS

ABS- 6 exercises

Supermans- held for 20 seconds x 3 times

Debbie, great job on the workout this morning! Sorry for being MIA, I had to get my husband off for his vacation for the next week, our niece is getting married on Cape Cod on Saturday, so he was going to catch up with his family. I stayed home because all they do is sit around and talk and I can't stand it, I like to go out and explore, go the beach, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. I have NO patience for catching up other than 1 day.

Well done to you all the last two days, everyone is getting in some great workouts!

I rode my bike to work and back yesterday. I tried a new route home but I will not be doing that route again! The bike path was ok but it goes through some very trashy parts and isn't a very appealing route. And then the section after I leave the bike path before I get into the path through Garden of the Gods is bike lane and its not very calming to ride with cars wizzing past - even though I have a bike lane to be in.

This morning I did a Metashred Extreme upperbody workout by BJ Gaddour back when he was at men's health. He did put together some great workout DVDs - I wish he was still doing that. I used to follow him on youtube when he left MH to do his own thing and he probably has some great stuff but he just got weird!

Good morning,

My appointment went well yesterday. I was there almost 4 hours. The doctor ask a lot of questions before she examined me. The doctor was wonderful and caring. While I was talking to the doctor my ear turned red and I lost my voice. I am enrolled into the RP study for the next 3 years. They took a lot of blood samples. Hopefully one day they find a cure for this disease.

After my appointment I meet up with a lady (she also has RP.) Her appointment with Penn for before mine. It was nice to exchange informations and just talk to someone that actually understands what you are going through.

I didn't get any workout in yesterday. Today I walked and did S&H Chest + Back.

I will be back tomorrow.

Last edited:
Fuel full body I got to say Caroline's workouts are changing my body composition for he better. I try not to have ADD and finish her programs i loved Iron and this one good too

Yesterday day I took a 2 mile walk after work. It was hot, but dry. I couldn't wait to finish. Today I did Penny 35 min. Total Body no repeater Cardio & Strength Hiit. It was good. I followed up with Fit Split Metabolic Conditioning. I modified quite a bit though. I took off of work today. My niece is flying in from AZ this weekend so needed to grocery shop, get the room ready and clean. I haven't seen her in 3 years. She has a few weeks off before she starts her residency. This may be the last time she sees her 3 grandparents. So she wanted to spend a week with everyone.

Roselyn, way to go! I love seeing changes.

Debbie, sorry about your knees. Good workout though.

Jolie, good workout. I hate it when technology doesn't cooperate.

Diane, good workout. Sorry the commute sucked.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Yesterday I did Coffey Fit Raw Step Boxing, 31 minutes, heart rate 120/145, 144 calories, 2,664 steps. I also did Raw Circuit Training, 29 minutes, 101 calories, heart rate 106/129, 740 steps. Total time 60 minutes, 3,404 steps 246 calories.
Today I did Michelle Briehler Lower Body Hiit, 37 minutes, heart rate 110/142, 136 calories. I then did a mish mosh, started doing Michiell Briehler Pilates Yoga Piyo, first 11 minutes(too many push ups and planks for me), Perfect 30 Flow Express #2, 36 minutes and some foam rolling on upper back, 50 minutes for all 3, heart rate 89/115, 103 calories. I have a busy weekend. Another wedding shower Sunday. Husband is off so getting some errands run. It is so hot. I waited till it was almost dark to go out and tend to plants and stuff. 101 out there is too hot. Things were wilting even though I ran the sprinklers early this morning.

Today's workout total time was 87 minutes, 239 calories, 1211 steps.
Lower Body Hiit 30/15
warm up
block 1 squats 20# db
squat Jump heel clicks or side to side squats
3 times
Block 2 Deadlifts 20# dbs 2 sets 15 1 set
alternating curtsy reach floor
3 times
Block 3 alternating reverse lunges 15's 15's 20's
lunge clap under knee
3 times
Block 4 band above knees 15# db Bridge
just band hip lift reverse table
3 times
Block 5 Band squats 20# db
lateral band walk with hop
3 times
brief stretch

Debbie, I did Cardio Crush recently and liked it. I had to modify some. That is awful that they did not have the rental in their system. Why are businesses so incompetent anyway? I have used that band work finisher quite a few times and it was good with the shoulder.

Jolie, nice work. Visiting family usually ends up with lots of sitting and catching up.

Doreen, you have some beautiful areas to ride your bike. I wouldn't want to have a bike lane with cars speeding by either.

Belinda, I hope the injections work for you and they come up with a cure. It sounds like you are in good hands.

Roselyn, getting the results from Caroline should give you incentive to push through the program. Nice job.

Cam, enjoy your time with your niece. I don't think I would want to walk in the heat we are having.

Good morning,

Fit Split Shred Cardio plus Bonus Abs is done. Depending how I feel later I will do S&H legs.

Diane - thank you! I hope the meds work too and hopefully one day they come up with a cure. I have a good team of doctors and researchers. That is hot. I wouldn't go out either. Good job yesterday.

Have a great weekend.

Today I started with CDorner Arms and Abs and switched to Alyssa Khun strength workout and then her Best Osteoporosis 2(impact) workout, adding some rotator cuff exercises. This was 74 minutes, 182 calories, heart rate 91/129, 1,932 steps. I then did P90X3 yoga, 30 minutes, heart rate 88/110,66 calories, 171 steps. Total time was 1 hr 44 minutes, 248 calories.
CDorrner exercises
push up
close grip bench press/knee up alternating
forward and backward bicycles
I added 30 side lying rotator cuff with 3# dumbbells each arm
Alyssa Kuhn strength moves
kettlebell deadlifts 15# kb 20 reps
diagonal arm raises 5# dbs 30 reps
sumo deadlift high pull 8# dbs 20 reps
sit and stand overhead press 5# dbs 15 reps
weighted step back 30 right 30 left
weighted step up (skipped since I did high step stuff with raw circuit training this week)
weighted chair squat 10# 10 reps
bent over rows 10# dbs 30 reps
chest press palms facing each other 8# dbs 15 reps
weighted carry walking back and forth kb (I skipped)
Alyssa Best Osteoporosis workout #2 for strong bones high impact
KB stomp over kettlebell and back right side and left side
pick up kettlebell holding close bend over and power forward 10# db
balance 1 footforward pass kb 10# side to side and move arms out wider
place kettlebell on floor and alternate tapping toes increasing speed
overhead press -stomp out 1 arm press 5# db repeat on other side
punching and jumping(hopping) alternating as called out
kettlebell pass around balance 10#
punching and jumping side to side
balances on the other side 10#
kettlebell step over and stomp from earlier
pick up kettle bell bend and explode forward 10#

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.