Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for June 2020

This morning I did a couple cardio workouts and had a great time. Love having all this time to workout again. I started with RAW Boxing & Drills and wore my 1# gloves for this one. I really worked it hard, was sweating like crazy.

Workout was 32 minutes, burned 221 calories, did 2899 steps and HR was 129/175. I think this was fairly accurate. I used Kickboxing mode.

Then I did Max Endurance 14 with Tom and my legs really burned with this one since I haven't been on it in over almost 2 weeks. Had a great workout.

Workout was 20 minutes, burned 102 calories (MT said 141), did 1338 steps and went .5 miles. HR was 106/156. Not sure how accurate this was but I'll take it.

Then I did Lindsey's Episode 11 again, love that one. I really worked hard on the strength exercises. I have been feeling a huge difference since I've been doing these workouts.

Diane - Wow, a year since you've been dealing this the neck issue. Seems that's about how long it takes for our bodies to heal anymore which is really disheartening. I've had my issue since January. My hamstring issue lasted over a year. Training smarter is helping, though, I think we learn as we go. I love Kelly's workouts so much because there is no dread factor and I know I don't have to kill myself during the workouts. I always feel like I need to keep up with Cathe and I just can't anymore. And what gets me is she is about the same age as I am. Oh well, we do what we can.

Belinda - I really want to order Kelly's new workouts, especially the boxing one. I probably should before the presale is over. But I think she will post it on her on demand channel eventually so I'm not sure I want to waste the money. Did you order them?

Have a great day everyone!!!

Yesterday was my rest day, I needed it so bad, I could hardly walk LOL! Today I did CL Arms and Abs and had a great workout though I am really tired feeling today. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 402 calories. My average heart rate was 112 but max was 189? That seems high for a weight workout. FB needs to get it together. Thanks for the leg workout suggestions, I am going to preview them and see what I would like to try next. I honestly haven't been this sore since Legs and Glutes came out like 15 years ago!!!!

Debbie, that looks like a killer workout, I love Tabata style workouts. I have to figure out how to get this workout, do I need to subscribe or maybe it is on YouTube? I too think Fitbit is lacking at the moment and I know Diane is having issues as well. I might just order a cheap fitness tracker off Amazon soon and forget about spending a lot of money. I only use it for workouts and the calorie burn, heart rate and steps. They have a ton of them under $40 so I am going to check them out.

Doreen, where is the fire in CO? Nice job on the bike ride even though there was smoke in the air. We get fires here in CA all of the time, I hate it.

Belinda, nice Shoulder workout today, you are doing so well with this rotation!

BBL to read your posts.

Have a wonderful day, I have to get ready for Fathers Day weekend since I am hosting.

Reactions: WD
Today was one of those days where I spent a lot of time trying to decide what I wanted to do. My original plan was Lite Pyramid and I looked at the time at 80 minutes and just was not feeling it. So, I did Coffey Fit Raw Box and Sculpt outside for the second time this week since it is fun and used a 15# dumbbell this time for the lower work, 34 minutes, heart rate 132/167, 183 calories (better than Monday) 3,118 steps. I then did Raw 5 Day Strength Day 4 total body, 28 minutes, heart rate 119/139. 614 steps, 117 calories. Total time was 62 minutes, 300 calories, 3,735 steps. I did Lindsey Samper yoga therapy for neck and shoulders #11 and one that was for back that had some up the wall stuff and really long holds on moves like lying in the floor making a C with the body for 3 minutes per side. It felt good I guess. She did say something that made me think about sleeping on your side. She said the side you sleep on the muscles get shorter and tight. She started the workouts with a long cobra hold position that shortens the muscles in the low back to get them going then did the opposing stretches to lengthen. Rather than just jump into stretching the tight muscle. Makes since as I have one side that seems shorter than the other all the way up. Interesting anyway. I will do a stretch again from Lindsey tonight.
Total Body Day 4 of 5 day strength 3 rounds of all exercises They use25 and 35 # weight plate. I used a barbell and dumbbells
modified pull over 25# dumbbell 10 reps all 3 rounds
biceps curls 25# dumbbell 10 reps 3 rounds
squat/reverse lunge I used a 25# dumbbell 1 round then two 15's 2 rounds 10 reps
bench press I used 35# barbell 1 set then 15# dumbbells 2 sets 10 reps
dips 35# barbell 10 reps all 3 rounds
lunges alternating I used 15# dumbbell 10 reps each side alternating
upright row 15# dumbbells 10 reps

Belinda, I really like the length and the workouts on Walk Strong 3 and am still going to get them after trying them. Nice work. Yes, the rebounder often comes in handy for those workouts with impact in them. Mine is always in a convenient place to just drop it down and get on it for those kind of moves. Nice work today. Hope everything is good at your doctor appointment.

Debbie, I guess we it takes us a long time to develope those injury prone areas so I guess it takes a long time for them to heal. Particularly when we are trying to still stay active and find things that do not hurt. It becomes a trial and error thing till we find what works. I will order Kelly's new workouts as I know I will probably use the premixes. I think that she did answer someone saying that they would be on her raw channel but it will be a few months as it is a different process to do that.

Jolie- The fire is about 4 hours away by car - Durango, CO. The winds are just pushing it our direction.

Debbie - It took a while for her prior 2 DVDs and premixes to post to RAW. I did pre-order this time as these really look up my alley. I wasn't sure about the cardio overload ones but when I did them they were good!

No workout this morning. We put the A/C in the window and I think I finally slept so when my alarm went off I feel right back asleep! I think my bike rides have been wearing me out!

Jolie, I don't know how I keep missing your posts. I remember being really sore with legs and glutes and I was always trying to heavy up. 189 is high for a weight workout. I don't know what is the deal with the Fitbits. I did do a bit better today. It is weird. I just read that Google is under scrutiny on acquisition of Fitbit because of how much personal information Google will get. I used to get way higher readings in the past, but things have changed. It is still not hurting much on body weight changes or calories anyway. But it would be nice to know it is somewhat accurate. I think if something goes wrong with mine I will check out the Withings (Nokia) watches. I think I already said that before anyway. Fitbit and Apple are not the only watches around. I am not sure what all my husbands Samsung Gear watch does. He did have two and one took pictures. The one he has now you can use as a cell phone if you get it it's own number. That has come in handy when my husband left his phone at home before. There is fitness stuff, but he does not use it.
I had a cheaper Polar once and it was so bad I hurried and purchased something else. I might as well have been sitting in a chair and said I was working out. I have done my shopping for father's day and two birthdays. I guess I am not making dessert. It seems my son and his daughter, the birthdays, are going to make cupcakes together. He is on his vacation this week. That is sweet and they are both the crafty people. My son used to make and decorate elaborate cakes for the grandchildren's birthdays.

Doreen, it has been in the 90's here and I could not imagine trying to sleep without air. We have a ceiling fan, but it would not do the trick. Hope they get the fires put out quickly.

Good morning,

L4 Legs is done. I will do a nice stretch this afternoon.

Debbie - I haven't preordered KCM new workouts. I have all her others just don't reach for them very often. You are right she will post them on her channel no need to buy them.

Jolie - I haven't done that workout in a long time. Thanks for the reminder, I will pull it out soon. WTG, girl.

Diane - you should just get the set. I think you will enjoy it.

Have a wonderful Friday and workout, everyone.

Last edited:
I did this workout by GarageFitness this morning from Youtube (again - listing to my own music on my phone and with the TV volume on mute. I just watch for the timer)

Circuit 1 -Cardio 40/20
1️⃣Standing DB Punch
2️⃣DB Sumo Clean & Press
3️⃣DB Russian Swing
4️⃣DB Burpee No Jump
*30 seconds rest
Circuit 2- Strength 50/10
1️⃣DB Chest Press in Half Hollow Hold
2️⃣DB Front Racked Squat to Step Back Lunge
3️⃣Standing Curl to Arnold Press
4️⃣DB Sumo High Row
*1 minute Rest
Circuit 3-40/20
1️⃣DB Snatch (L) Side
2️⃣DB Snatch (R) Side
3️⃣Alternating DB Jump Squat
4️⃣DB Row & Switch
*30 seconds rest
Circuit 4-Strength 50/10
1️⃣DB Renegade Row
2️⃣DB Single Leg Deadlift (L) Side
3️⃣DB Single Leg Deadlift (R) Side
4️⃣DB Sumo Stiff Leg Deadlift
*1 minute rest
Circuit 5-Cardio 40/20
1️⃣DB Squat Clean & Press
2️⃣Lateral Sprawl Over Dumbbells
3️⃣DB Mt Climber
4️⃣DB Bent Knee Situp
*30 seconds rest
Circuit 6-Strength 50/10
1️⃣Push-up
2️⃣DB Front Hold Alt Fwd Lunge
3️⃣DB Alt Curtsy Lunge & Press
4️⃣Kneeling Overhead Tricep Extension
*30 seconds rest
BONUS CORE WORK-40/20
1️⃣Commando Plank Hip Tap
2️⃣Crossbody Heel Tap
3️⃣Reverse Crunch Corkscrew
4️⃣Over/Under Scissor Kicks

I only did one round of the bonus core work.

Diane - We live at 6k elevation so nights get cool and no humidity. Most of the summer no A/C really isn't a problem. It gets uncomfortable in the afternoons since I am still Working from home but normally starts cooling off by 4 or 5pm.

OMG Doreen!!!! That looks like a great workout that you did today, you go girl!

Today I walked on the TM, 45 minutes uphill, 7.5 incline, 3.2 speed, traveled 2.2 miles and burned 444 calories. I cant believe that my legs don't hurt today LOL! Those DOMS were brutal :)

Diane Sue, I am making Turkey Chili for dinner on Saturday night and we are getting Mexican food for lunch. My parents probably will leave early on Sunday so I will make a coffee cake to have with our morning coffee. I might do legs and glutes again sometime soon, that is the best leg workout! I like that she used to do leg presses back in the day, I wonder why she doesn't do those anymore? I hope you have a great workout today and have a wonderful weekend with your family. I see the Trump Rally in Oklahoma is really big, 1 million people tried to get tickets!

Debbie, I hope you have a great workout today!

Belinda, nice workout today and I hope you have a great stretch later. We should do Legs and Glutes together and see who is more sore the next day :)

Happy Friday! BBL to read the other posts.

Sorry this is late, I wanted to get out of here early to get my grocery shopping done before the stores got full. I can't believe our Giant Eagle doesn't have any liquid hand soap, what is up with that? They have been out for weeks. They also don't have any antibacterial wipes yet either. So frustrating.

This morning I did Kelly RAW Intervals #5 and had a blast, love this one. It's a combination of boxing, kettlebell and dumbbell moves. I only used a 10# kettlebell which was fine for today and I used 8 and 10 pound dumbbells. Just didn't feel like going heavy. Still had a great workout. My right elbow is really hurting lately, not sure what happened there. Regular dumbbell curls really hurt to do right now.

Workout was 30 minutes, burned 221 calories, did 1915 steps and HR was 137/193.

Also walked on my treadmill for 27 minutes, burned 166 calories, went 1.22 miles and did 3132 steps. HR was 116/132 which is about right this time.

I also did Episode 1 of Lindsey's therapy workout. It was ok, all lying on your back on the floor and she had some moves where you would move your head side to side. Got nauseous doing that and really dizzy. Weird how that happens to me. It was an ok stretch, I still like #11 the best.

Diane - Do you know which Lindsey workout you did where she talks about sleeping on your side? I've heard that too but my tightness is all on my left side because I sleep on my right side all the time. Lately I've been sleeping on my back a bit more but I always seem to roll over to my right.

Jolie - Kelly has her own workout channel. You need to go to www.coffeyfit.com and sign up for the RAW channel. I get it through my Roku using VHX by Vimeo but everyone else is saying they can't use that anymore. Not sure why mine still works?

I am on my way out, I'll be back later! Have a great Friday everyone!

So I was watching the newet video from the Hot & Flashy lady (love her) and she was going through her throw-aways which are products she uses all the time. One was a collagen supplement that she was taking for her skin, nails and hair and it works for joints too. She said she didn't notice anything different about her skin, nails and hair so she hasn't repurchased it in two months. Well, her knees started hurting again so she reordered it and is taking it again hoping it will take care of her pain. I read some of the replies below the video and many women said that product works great for their joint pain. I am going to purchase some from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D9WSWF...03a9262d70b89766fa4d5fb135df8e&language=en_US - hope this link works.

I hope it works on my knees. Just wanted to share with you all.

Today I did Lite Cardio Party basic mix #6 which is main+calorie crush (step)+ abs#1, 69 minutes, 5,915 steps, heart rate 120/158, 317 calories. I then did Lindsey Samper yoga therapy, episode 7 and 9 which is add on stretches ( I am not fond of #9 really) this was 26 minutes 25 calories, 18 steps. Total time spent 94 minutes, 342 calories, 5,933 steps. It is pouring rain today. I Spent some time setting up an app for my grandson 8's new Gizmo watch so he can text me as well as call me as one of his 10 peope he can have. Funny, now I can see his step count and where he is at. His parents got it for him to encourage him to be more active because when his Dad is sleeping during the day and mother at work it sits a lot. I did not get a stretch in last night as it ended up 1:30 am and I just went to bed. I plan on getting Lindsey's yoga # 11 again this weekend. I have done so many superman type moves this week, I kind of want to get that area loosened up some more as well.

Debbie, I will have to look and see which episode of Lindsey that one was. 11 is my favorite as well. It is the most effective. Safe stretches would probably come in seconds and then the first which is not so aggressive. My physical therapist pretty much had me with a pillow under my head through the lying moves. I keep thinking I need to drag my my pillow roll and go upstairs for some elevation where needed. I bet having a small pillow under the torso would make those shoulder openers that can be painful and crush the breast more comfortable. Lying face down with my head to the side is somewhat painful for the one side of the neck where the worst of my pain is. It takes some careful manipulation getting into the position. I end up sleeping on my left side and the tight side that seems short is on the right. I try hard to stay on my back. When I am semi conscious of it all night i can pretty much do it, but my restful sleep goes out the door.
I love that Kelly workout. Maybe be careful of that elbow. I had a time years ago where my elbow got more and more painful and when I went and had it checked out it was "tennis elbow". I was doing lots of boxing with weighted gloves and hand weights. It took about 6 weeks of laying off the boxing to get better. When I went back to it I did not use weighted gloves at all for a long time. Now I am careful to notice if I am feeling it too much to back off the weight part a bit. It is like anything else, if you do it constantly you can cause an overuse injury. I notice Kelly and Cathe put a lot of boxing in their workouts.. I like it better if it is intermittent or at least breaks doing some kicks. I went to Walmart grocery the other day and they had only a little hand soap left. This was the second time I have went for hand soap and hardly any. The last time they only had dial and Method brand in clear. I guess people wanted their soap colored LOL. I like the Method products. Maybe the nausea comes from blood flow. I remember my mil complaining about getting on the floor and trying ab work and gettins so nauseated that she could not stay there. Although she was diabetic and had heart problems and several angioplasy surgeries.

Belinda, nice work today. Yes, I should just go ahead and get it. I am back to putting my rebate money aside for it. I used the money for Cathe's upcoming workouts. I think I have 30 dollars saved up again. So, maybe soon I will get that set. I have the workouts written down from when I tried them.

Doreen, great looking workout. Having low humidity makes the heat a whole lot more tolerable. I do remember summers in Colorado and they were never really bad. I don't remember air being in our house and I remember spending a lot of time outdoors. Even Phoenix heat was not so bad unless it got near 120. No humidity in the desert climate. My parents did not use the air often and it was a unit on top of the house.

Jolie, the Raw channel can be watched on the computer as well as with a firestick and from what I understand screen mirroring and Chromcast. I love my Firestick. I lost my ability to use VHX on the Roku, but am not sorry since I am loving the firestick.
It sounds like you have a good plan. I am hoping it is not going to rain since they said something about a chance of rain on Sunday. I guess I can pull the grill down the walkway where it is sheltered pretty well with our roof overhand and the neighbors. I use a smoker grill so can close the top. Still better if not raining. My daughter is bringing some special hot dogs and I go hamburger. I have made a lot of meals lately because I fixed for my son and grandson when they were here doing the flooring. One day I mad shepherd pie. My husband likes his minus the veggies. So it is more seasoned meat with some tomato paste, mashed potatoes and cheese. I have done this before when I did Wednesday dinners and made two different ones.
I made up some of the Fixate Cookbooks mexican taco meat with super lean ground turkey and divided into portions and froze. Last night I had it on caulflower rice with lettuce, avocado, salsa, and a Tablespoon of sour cream. I like eating it this way.
Yes, the Trump rally will be a big one. Naturally he is getting the naysayers that think it is okay for some to have large gatherings, but not trump. Why everything that happens has to be added onto politics is ridiculous. Tulsa is a couple hours drive from Oklahoma city.

Debbie, I have used that one. They say that marine collagen is one of the better ones for joints. I use the Ancient Nutrition Multi Collagen most of the time as it has 5 types of collagen in one and the marine collagen is part of it. My latest is the Ancient Nutrition for joints formula in the multi collagen, but I am not happy because it is vanilla and sweet. Not what I would put in my coffee. Instead I am mixing it with my protein powder when I either want a shake or mix it with nut butter and do my crumbly mixture topped with blueberries and yogurt. I bought the vital proteins collagen creamer in vanilla and I like that it had no sweetener, but it tastes like coconut milk when it goes bad to me. Yuck. Also Peak Performance has a multi collagen as well with the 5 types. I like their products and they make and grow their own mushrooms etc.. Their products are supposed to be sourced in the US. Anyway, I have stopped taking the collagen products and after a few weeks the pain comes back bad and I realize that those products were working for my joints. I accidentally discovered collagen once when I was purchasing products with glucosamine chondroitin in them and I got one that was a skin and nails one and it had collagen in it. My paind dropped a whole bunch. One thing negative for me anyway is that I did read that the marine collagen can have cholesterol. I only read that in one spot about negativity on the heart for this reason. I am guessing it would depend on the source. I am still using it. I was reading on AHA site recipes and there meals used shrimp. So I guess all in all they are not worried about it. We all know there is good cholesterol and bad.
Edited to add that eggshell membrane collagen is another great source. Also, make sure you take some vitamin C or eat something high in C when you take the collagen as it helps it work.

Last edited:
Debbie, I forgot to tell you that it was Lindsey Samper #8 low back. She talks a lot in this and you are holding a stretch for several minutes. Anyway this is the one where she mentions sleep position.

Today I did Kelly Coffey Lean Body Circuits hi/lo premix, 21 minutes, 120 calories, heart rate 131/170, 2027 steps. I also did Lindsey Samper Yoga therapy 11 and most of the strength and flexibility one, 47 minutes, 49 calories, 78 steps,78/99 heart rate.

No workout today. We left early to take the canoe and kayaks up to the lake for a few hours this morning.

Rest day and family time today. We grilled burgers and hot dogs. My son and granddaughter made pineapple upside down cupcakes and regular cupcakes that they decorated. Cherries on the pineapple upside down cake. Later we invited my son and his family to go to dinner with us. We had run into my daughter in law and granddaughter at the store.
Hoping to get my workout done earlier tomorrow as I need to go to UPS and Sprouts.

Sculpting RX workout this morning. Again, forgot how efficient this one is - she really keeps moving!

Good morning,

I started week 6 Lift 4 Chest & Triceps circuit today. Sorry I haven't checked in yesterday. My kids surprised us this weekend. We had lots of fun.

Jolie - let me know when you want to do the leg workout. The only day I can't do legs is Friday's. I am already doing legs with L4 that day. Any other day would work.

Diane - glad you had fun with your family this weekend. Your food sounds yummy too. We ordered vegan from the vegan restaurant in town yesterday. I still have leftovers for today. I preordered Cathe's new workouts too. Jessica Smith is coming out with new workouts this year. Can't wait to hear more about it. If I get them I will get the downloads on Purple player.

Debbie - it seems like a lot of stores are out of liquid soap. My DD can't get sanitizing wipes in DC. I found some for her on base last week. Costco had lots of toilet paper a few weeks ago, the last time I couldn't find any? I don't get it.

Roselyn - good job on the shoulder work.

Doreen - sounds like you had a fun day yesterday.

Roxie- hope you doing well.

Have a great Monday everyone. BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.