Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for July 2023

Sorry I'm late posting, I have had a busy day. I did RAW Kickboxing this morning, this is a new one by Kelly. I used my 1.5# egg weights. Great workout, I really really liked it. I will definitely be doing this one again. My HR really got up there! I also burned a lot of calories as well which made me happy.

Workout was 35 minutes, burned 353 calories, did 3449 steps and HR was 148/179.

Hope you are all having a great week!! It is going by fast!!

I am sorry I have not posted much. Things have been busy and then last night my dog was so distraught over the fireworks and they were still going off at 1:30 this morning. She whined and barked and kept trying to cling to me. I got to sleep at 2 am. I had so much back and neck pain yesterday. I tried everything to relieve it. I am unsure if these workouts were a good idea. I will do cardio again tomorrow and hit Biceps tomorrow. I went light today for chest. STS 2 Body Part Chest 39 minutes and only 69 calories, heart rate 80/105. I followed with Mobility 1 18 minutes, 23 calories. Total time 57 minutes, 92 calories.

STS 2.0 Chest
warm up uses 10,12,15# dumbbells bench press and push ups (I used 8, 10,12#)
Flat Bench Press #1 15# dbs 10 reps
Flat Bench Press #2 15# dbs 10 reps
Flat Bench Press #3 15# dbs 10 reps(down 3 up 1)
Flat Chest Fly #1 12# dbs 10 reps
Flat Chest Fly #2 12# dbs 10
Flat Chest Fly Pinkie In 12# dbs 10 reps
Incline bench press 12# dbs
Incline close grip bench press 12# dbs 10 reps
Incline unilateral chest fly 10# dbs 6 reps alternating
banded low/high chest fly light red tubing 10 rep using the 40# dumbbell anchor with the tubing option
Banded mid chest fly tubing red light 12 reps used the dumbbell anchor with tubing option again.
Push ups 10 reps used the fabric loop band around arms option

Yesterday I did Michelle's 60 min Full Body Cardio & Strength Hiit Low Impact. Today I did Michelle 40 min Full Body Met Con Day 1 of her Stronger Together rotation. This has some fun compound movements. I am trying not to do too much heavy weight work as to not aggravate my shoulder. It has felt good but I have a feeling its temporary.

Good workouts everyone!

Today I did Pure Strength Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. Had an excellent workout!! Love this series, not sure why I haven't done it more often. I will try to.

Chest
Push-Ups
: 2 sets/12 reps
Barbell Bench Press (warmup): 30# - 16 reps
Barbell Bench Press: 40# - 2 sets/10 reps
Incline Barbell Bench Press: 35# - 2 sets/10 reps
Inclined Dumbbell Press: 15's - 1 set/10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flies: 15's - 2 sets/10 reps
Incline Superset (Flies to Press): 15's - 1 set/7 reps (was 9 reps)

Shoulders
Arnold Press:
12's - 3 sets/10 reps
Seated Clean & Press: 5's - 2 sets/8 reps
Side Lateral Raise: 8's - 2 sets/20 reps
Reverse "V" Flies: 5's - 2 sets/10 reps
Seated Lateral Raise: 5's – 16 reps

Close Grip Dumbbell Press: 15's - Drop sets - 12/10/8 reps
Lying Triceps Extension: 10's - 2 sets/10 reps
Cross Body Extension: 8# - 2 sets/10 reps
Lying Triceps Extension: 8s - 12 reps
Weighted Dips: (Did Kickbacks - 5's)

Had a great workout. Workout was 47 minutes, burned 263 calories, did 645 steps and HR was 109/138.

This will be the last workout until next Thursday, taking a week off and my DH and I will be going places next week. Hope you all have a wonderful week ahead, not sure I'll be on to post.

Diane - I'm so sorry to hear you are in pain. I think you need to slow down on STS. Those look like so much lifting. Hope you feel better soon!

Reactions: WD
Today I woke up feeling refreshed after the chaotic 4th of July holiday. My son's friends are gone so I was able to workout in the gym again. Today's workout was Cathe Live #382 Wicked Upper Body, 51 minutes and I burned 456 calories. I really love this workout, it is straight forward, no compound moves and allows me to lift heavier than most of Cathe's Live workouts. However, there is no AB or Core section. I added extra Biceps at the end of the bicep segment because I do not feel that she worked them enough. I added in one more drop set, and I feel like a got in a good arm workout.

Debbie, great job on the workout today and enjoy your vacation. When you get back to the gym, let's start using our Max Trainers more often!

Diane Sue, sorry to hear about your pain, take some time off from lifting and give your body a break. I just did and feel so much better, no pain and I have way more strength now too!

Cam, great job on the Michelle workout yesterday.

Belinda, nice job with the walk and the yoga, that is something that I need to start incorporating into my routine to avoid pain issues from lifting.

Make it a great day!

Hi,

Walked this morning and did STS LB 2.

Diane - I am sorry to hear you in a lot of pain. I had to drop my weights for lower body, I am having a lot of knee problems again. I will see the orthopedic next week. Feel better soon.

Jolie - the older I get the more stretching I need. STS has a very short cool down, not enough for my old, broken body. It does seem to help a lot. Glad you had fun with your son and his friend.

Debbie - great job as always on your workout. Enjoy your vacation with your husband. DH and I will take some time off when we are completely done with the floors in Mudroom/kitchen. We plan on visiting our son and daughter in law in Aug or Sep. I am looking forward to it.

Cam - you getting some good workouts. Keep up the good job.

Dorren - I was wondering how you rip your dvd‘s to downloads. I heard of handbrakes before. Is it easy to use?

Roselyn - great job on your chest and triceps. What program are you doing lately?

Have a great day and stay out of that heat outside.

Today I did Coffey fit new kickboxing workout, 33 minutes, heart rate 143/176, 190 calories, 2,611 steps. I followed this with Michell Briehler low impact 80s workout that I had saved, but only did 6 minutes, 30 calories, heart rate 116/135, 498 steps. I stopped after the moves with ankle weights on. I did not wear ankle weights. They were getting ready to pick up some light weight. It was just not a workout for me today. My right side and back of shoulder was very painful and I am avoiding weight right now. I finished with STS 2 Mat yoga, 22 minutes, 24 calories. Total time was 63 minutes, 244 calories. 3,059 Steps.
Tomorrow will be no workout as I have to go for a chest CT that I scheduled a year ago. It is in the morning.

Cam, nice work with Michelle Full Body Cardio and Strength and Michelle Met Con.

Debbie, great job with Pure Strength chest, shoulders, and triceps today. These workouts do have a lot of weight work and I think my body is not ready for so much. I think maybe when I finish biceps and triceps I will go through the last two rounds of the body parts with more rests or using shorter workouts of the premixes.
Have a fun week with your husband. I will be taking a break next month with mine.

Jolie, nice work with Cathe Live Wicked Upper Body with some additions. I bet your house seems quiet with the guests gone. I think at my age I need to give myself more rest time. I did take 1 day between each of these workouts. One day was not enough after back. The workouts on my rotation do two then a recovery day then two more then a recover day. The shoulder, back and chest all hit some of the same areas. I just cannot continue it that way.

Belinda, nice work on STS Lower Body 2. I know, we need to listen to our bodies when doing the workouts. It kind of makes me sad, because I think I could go even heavier, but my body does not react to it well. I am a bit worried, that I won't be able to go back the Arthritis doctor next month and tell him what feels better and what doesn't after the steroid injection. That would make it hard to make the decision on whether testing or change my med or add to it.

Today I went for a 3.4 mile walk outside with the pup, 1 hour 6 minutes and I burned 549 calories. We are expecting a heat wave in a few days so I want to get some walks outside in if possible before it gets really hot. I think I might have to walk the dog very early, but then the coyotes are out and that scares me a little bit.

Roselyn, great job on the STS today.

Diane Sue, I hope your CT scan goes well.

Belinda, I notice that Cathe's Live workouts the warm ups are short too. I like longer warm ups so sometimes I do them twice before I start the workout. It makes a big difference for me to get some blood pumping before lifting weights, same with the cool down and stretch afterwards.

Have a nice day.

Evening,

Today I walked early in the morning and did STS UB1.

Roselyn - I mention my opinion on the new workouts a few day‘s ago. They different than the original STS. What to you think? I still like them. Good job on your workout.

Diane - I hope your CT scan goes well. Sorry you are going through so much. I hope your doc and you can find the right threatment for you. Did the steroids injections help you? The gel injection in my knee didn‘t do anything. I will see the orthopedist next week. He needs something else.

Jolie - the warm up and cool down are shorter. It also prevents injuries. Great job on your walk. Is your puppy doing better walking?

Debbie - enjoy your vacation. You deserve it.

Cam and Roxie - I hope you doing well.

Good night.

No workout today. I really needed the day off. Storms hit early this morning and when it was time to leave for my appointment the water was flowing in the street. I almost went back in the house and called to cancel, but really wanted to get the chest CT out of the way. It takes me an hour to get there. It went quickly when I got there, and the rain let up for most of the drive back home. I still am in pain. Maybe just some light cardio and stretching tomorrow and leave the strength work till next week. It will be a few days before I hear the results on the CT. They asked if I had a new pulmonologist. I let them know the one that I was seeing is still reading them and my doctor. The pulmonologist moved to another location somewhere but was still taking care of it. I do not go back to see her though.

Belinda, the stretching is too short on the new workouts. I need to stretch a lot. I start out in the morning with some movement and stretching. I am using the recovery workouts or doing some stretching on my own with the workouts. Good job on getting out early for your walk and getting in STS UB1 today.
I have not hurt this much in a long time. The steroid seemed to help a lot at first, but not so much now. My knee is still good since the injection. I was getting worried that I had torn the meniscus again.
I hope that your orthopedist can do something else to help your knee feel better.

Jolie, STS has very short warmups then starts with some light weight warm up. They end with a brief stretch and a few throughout. She says you can do one of the recovery workouts for more. There is an active recovery that she uses on off days from the weight work. I think they would help as a warm up myself. It is not long and is things like inch worm and kneeling to standing.

Last night I had a great night's sleep and woke up with a ton of energy. My workout started with a 45 minute uphill walk on the TM, traveled 3.6 miles and burned 455 calories. Next, I did a total body workout that I put together myself and it was a good workout. It was a total body circuit and I did the circuit 3 times. Total workout time was 1 hour and 16 minutes and I burned 621 calories.

Chest Press- 20's x 12, x 12, x 12
1 Arm Rows on the cable machine- 60# x 12, x 12, x 12
Seated Overhead Press- 20's x 12, x 12, x 12
Traditional Bicep Curls- 15's x 12, x 12, x 12 (elbow still hurts a little bit)
Lying Triceps ext.- 12's x 12, x 12, x 12
Leg Extension- 40# x 16, x 16, x 16
ABS, Bicycles- 3 sets each to failure.

Diane, I am so happy you got your CT Scan done even though the rain was bad for driving. Let us know what the results are whe you get them. If you are in pain I would just take a rest week, it is amazing how much energy you have when you give your body a rest. It is easier said than done but worth it.

Have a great day.

Hi,

Today I did a SBF BA Cardio Core and stretch.

Roselyn - I agree with you. Great job on STS Biceps. I can‘t wait to do the Body parts next week.

Jolie - your workout looks amazing.

Diane - I feel like I am falling apart if I don‘t stretch daily. I am so sorry you in a lot of pain. I experienced the same with steroids injection. I wished the shot would helped me too. Glad your appointment went well.

Good night.

Today I did CDorner Cardio Dance Low Impact 41 minutes 223 calories. heart rate 137/166, 4050 steps. I followed this with STS 2 mat yoga, 25 minutes 38 calories, 67 steps.
Total time was 66 minutes, 261 calories. I am feeling better today. Tomorrow will be another day off. I will see how it goes as next week would start with biceps and then triceps. Then I would start parts over with legs.

Jolie, great job on the weights and 45-minute treadmill walk. I am better today so I just did something light to warm muscles up and some yoga. I will see where I am at Monday. I hate to stop the rotation I already started. I do not do rotations often. I usually go by how I feel and try to get in some upper and some lower, but if something is bothering me I rest it.

Belinda, nice work with Suzanne Bowen BA Cardio Core and stretch. I know what you mean with feeling like your body is falling apart.

Roselyn, I like STS 2 as well and agree they are different from the first STS. I am glad they have some different moves in them and format.

Hi,

This morning I did STS mobility 2. I just saw on FB Lisa from Cathe‘s dvd‘s and Live workouts passed away. Sad news. She was so young.

Diane - glad you listen to your body.

Starting the Body Parts tomorrow. Good night.

Today I took the puppy for a 4 mile walk, 1 hour 16 minutes and I burned 649 calories.

Belinda, who is the woman that passed away from Cathe's DVD's? Which dvd was she in and was she ill? It is so sad to hear about people passing away when they are young. Great job on the Body Parts workout today.

I hope you all have a great workout today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.