Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for January 2022!!

No workout for me today. Yesterday I took my dog for a walk and the leash got twisted around my leg and my dog freaked out when he saw another dog and pulled hard and down, I went, thank goodness it was on grass. However, I really hurt my leg and knee. I went to my Chiro and boy was it out of alignment, but she fixed it! Today it is still sore, so I am NOT going to aggravate it any more than it is, I am skipping a workout to rest it and to use my infrared light on it to get the inflammation down. This has happened to me before, I am so happy I feel onto grass instead of pavement, that could have ended in a really bad way. Tomorrow I will do STS Meso 1 workout 2 Back and Triceps, I think I should be safe with that workout.

Debbie, I was sick for a few weeks too! Also, the stomach flu is going around in my neck of the woods, so many kids in my neighborhood are home sick the past few weeks. I had a terrible upset stomach last week with a headache as well, it went away in 48 hours. Nice job on the walk today!

Belinda, sorry that you are going through so much with your health lately, I will pray for you to get better! I hate when we cannot fix our issues ourselves, it can be so frustrating.

Cam, way to go on the workout last night. I love Caroline's workouts, they are short, sweet and to the point. Burr on the weather you are having, I saw on the news that so many parts of the country are really getting winter weather. Here in CA, it is warm, it was 85 degrees the other day. This is strange weather for us in January.

Doreen, great job with Kelly's Power Split workout!

Diane Sue, three more weeks will go by so quickly and you will be on your way to getting back to normal! I pray for your quick recovery every single day.

Have a great day!

I am back to report my workout.

I just finished Unilateral Upper Body: Back & Biceps Workout // Day 8 HR12WEEK 2.0

Warm Up

Circuit 1 (45s work + 15s rest x2 rounds)
Scapular Squeeze
Single Arm Row (R)
Single Arm Row (L)
Alternating Curls
Bicep Burn Out
Alternating Pull Overs
Plank Stroke
Rear Pull Jacks

Circuit 2 (45s work + 15s rest x2 rounds)
Bent Over Rows
Pull Overs
Super V-Squeeze
Renegade Row
Single Arm Curl + Press (R)
Single Arm Curl + Press (L)
Hammer Curls
Squat, Curl + Hop

Cool Down & Stretch

Debbie - thanks for your kind words and prayers! You are dealing with a lot too. I was stressed out when I had covid. Not to mention that ever lasting cough. It will get better. My doctors had me on all kinds of medicine when I had the virus. I was told not to exercise or do anything strenuous workout until you have no symptoms. Please, take it easy. It will pass. Hopefully your cough will not last as long as mine did.

Jolie - thank you for the prayers! I am frustrated nothing seems to help. No matter how much steroids I take. Glad the the Ciro helped. Have fun with your workout today.

BBL to catch up on more personals.

Last edited:
Reactions: WD
Belinda so sorry you are going through all that prayers for you

Diane sending prayers your way too that the rest of recovery goes quickly

Today was a cardio day for me I did a trampoline workout

Today I did Perfect Pump UB + UB Bonus Premix. I added the core and stretch. I really liked this workout. This is definitely one one my favorite upper body workouts from Cathe.

Belinda, hang in there!

Jolie, were you walking my dog!? Wow. Glad you are ok. Surprisingly, that hasn't happened to me.

Diane, sounds like things are going a little better. Hopefully the next 3 weeks will go quickly.

It's been a long week and I am ready for the weekend. Going to bed early. Tomorrow I think I am going to just walk. The weather has been decent for January.

Goodnight everyone!

I tried to do an Ifit bike ride this morning but the app kept crashing - so I just did my own tempo and resistance while trying to figure it out.

Yes - Debbie - the Power Splits is her new DVD that just shipped out

This morning I walked again on my treadmill. Nothing major to report, just did 40 minutes again. Feeling better but still have some sinus issues going on along with the cough, but it is MUCH better. My energy is back so I'm happy about that. Hopefully on Monday I can do a normal workout.

Belinda - How is the allergic reaction doing? Is your skin calming down a bit? I'm so sorry you are going through all of this, it isn't right. I can't even imagine my body attacking itself, that is scary and I sure hope you can get the upper hand and put it in remission if that is possible. Are there any type of treatments you can do to control this other than meds? Probably not or you would be doing it. Praying for you. Nice job on the workout, I really want to check those out.

Jolie - Ouch on the fall! Hope you are ok today, usually the 2nd day is when you feel it most.

Roselyn - Great job on the trampoline workout!

Cam - I am also ready for the weekend. I get three days off and looking forward to every minute. Great job on your workout!

Doreen - I figured. Oh well, she will post that workout on RAW sooner or later.

Diane - Hope you are getting better every day!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

This morning I did Power Splits DVD - Legs. Ok- power in the simplicity. 4 straight sets of squats, 4 straight sets of reverse lunges, 4 straight sets of deadlifts and then a bodyweight finisher and my legs are fried.

Then I did a 20 minute Ifit ride in Costa Rica to flush out some lactic acid and called it a day!

I don't think I'm going to order Cathe's new series (whenever she gets around to the pre-sale announcement)

Hi,

I went back to Rheumatology to practice injecting Humira into my thigh. I was a little nerves, I had no idea what to expect. The nurse had a practice injection, she went over everything. They have you practice first on an empty injections instead of me waisting the real medicine. The injections are very expensive! I was so worried I couldn't do it but it was easier than I thought. I am glad that's done. Hopefully I can tolerate this one better and it will stop my body from attacking my own body.

Debbie - I still have the rash on my chest. It seem a little better. My hands look like dried out prunes. Still have the blisters. That's the goal to put RP into remission. I was into remission for month, I don't know if you remember June/July I wanted to get off MTX. I started relapsing. I been relapsing ever since. I should never put my self off/stop taking MTX. I learned the hard way! I regretted wanting to get off MTX ever since. Unfortunately there is no cure or specific medicine for relapsing polychondritis. RP is a rare, no cure autoimmune disease. The Rheumatologist at NIH, she is specialized in RP. She herself has RP. They have not found a cure for RP yet. There aren't enough people with the disease. I wished there was something else I can do or take. Hopefully they find a cure soon. Thank you for your prayers! I do like those workouts too.

Roselyn - thank you for your prayers!

Diane - thinking about you!

Cam - thank you! Glad your appointment went well.

I did Booty Builder: Lower Body Strength Workout // Day 9 HR12WEEK 2.0
Warm Up
Circuit 1 (40s + 10s rest x2 rounds)
Stiff Leg Deadlift
Single Leg Bridge (R)
Single Leg Bridge (L)
Glute Bridge
Bridge Pulses

Circuit 2 (40s + 10s rest x2 rounds)
Side Lunges
Curtsey + Squat
Side Leg Lift (R)
Side Leg Lift (L)
Heel Clicks

Circuit 3 (40s + 10s rest x2 rounds)
Single Leg Deadlift (R)
Single Leg Deadlift (L)
Deadlift + Lunge
Sumo Deadlift
Butt Kicks

Circuit 4 (40s + 10s rest x2 rounds)
Kneeling Squat
Stand Up + Drive (R)
Stand Up + Drive (L)
Sumo Squat
Side Lunge Hops
Cool Down & Stretch

BBL

Last edited:
Today I am feeling much better, most of the soreness is gone and all of the swelling is down too. I got on my TM and walked uphill for 1 hour, traveled 3.2 miles and burned 577 calories. I used my Patella Tendon strap on my knee that I have had to use over the years, and it really helped support the knee. I will be using it again for a while to help support my knee till it is totally healed. It felt so good to move again after being off a few days this week. I forgot to post yesterday, STS Meso 1 workout 2 Back and Biceps done. I love these workouts. I am going to repeat weak 1 again next week since I had a slight hiccup with my knee this week.

Off to help my son pack and load his truck, he is back to college for his last semester before he graduates. He will be graduating with a double major in Finance and Economics and starts his master's in finance this coming June. Not bad for a kid that just turned 21!

Make it a great day and I hope you all have great workouts today.

This morning I did Strong & Sweaty PHA + Bonus Abs. My goal is to strengthen my core this year. I definitely modified the ab section. Its hard and she goes a break neck speed. I've been doing a lot of plank knee-ins with gliders. That's tough for me. I can only do about 10 good ones and then it all goes to hell.

Jolie, glad you are doing better.

Good workouts everyone!

Hi,

I did Day 10 Hitt with H. R. Had a great workout.

Jolie - congratulations to your son. You should be around. Great job on your workout too.

Cam - you can do the plank knee ins without the gliders. My gliders don't glide well in my basement. Great job on doing 10 and your workout.

Great job everyone and good night.

Belinda, I am thinking about doing that same workout today. I just can't do joggjng movements so I will have to sub those, but it looks good! I am using gliders for knee-ins to challenge my core more. Its tough for me, but hoping by Spring I can do many more. I just wish my C7 would heal so I get the strength back in my tricep. Then planks would be a little easier. My left arm gives out after awhile.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Good evening,

I only did a stretch today. Relaxing all day long.

Roslyn - please take it easy. So sorry you and your husband have COVID. I will keep you and your husband in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there!

Cam - did you end up doing that workout today? I really liked it. I usually follow the modifications or use my rebounder for the high impact. You are doing amazing if you can do all that with your health problems. Amazing job, girl! Planks are tough.

Good night.

Yep, Belinda I did. It was a good workout. I subbed some Cathe low impact moves for the knee run/butt kicks. Have you tried any Juliette Wooten workouts? I subscribed but haven't taken the plunge.

Roselyn, that stinks! Hope it's a mild case.

Goodnight!

I am feeling MUCH better, cough is about gone, my taste is back (smell not so much) and still have a bit of sinus issues, but my energy is back and I feel normal again. I started the Heather Robertson HR12 Week 2.0 series and did Day 1 today. I liked it but it's similar to Caroline's Epic workouts. But I'll give these a try and see how I like them, at least it doesn't look like she does tons of leg work. There is a nice warmup in this, that is one complaint I have about Caroline's - no warmup.

I did Day 1, Upper Body Push Workout

This was 40 seconds on/20 seconds off and each Circuit was done twice.

Circuit 1
Front/Side Raise:
5's/8's
T-Pushups (did what I could)
Triceps Overhead Press: 15#
Weighted Jacks: 3's

Circuit 2
Skull Crushers
: 8's
Chest Press: 15's
Pike Pushup Combo (I did pushups on my knees)
Shadow Boxing: 3's

Circuit 3
Triceps Kickbacks
: 5's
Push Press: 8's (this was tough)
Triceps Pushups
Inchworm + Hop
(I did boxing stuff with 3's)

Circuit 4
Single Arm Side Triceps Press:
(I did Lying Cross Body Ext - 8's)
Walking Plank (I did static planks)
Burpee Claps: (I did weight situps with punches and used 3's)

Too many pike, pushups, inchworm things but I managed to make it work for me. I liked the workout.
Workout was 46 minutes, burned 238 calories, HR was 117/152 and did 876 steps.

We got a hell of a snow storm last night, it was supposed to go more east of us but nope, we got it. I'm glad I'm off today but my DH had to go in. The roads were treacherous. Thankfully he made it there safely. I'm sure a lot of you got this storm as well.

Roselyn - No, say it isn't so!! I hope you don't get the cough like I did. Take zinc, vitamin C and Emergency drink, that has helped me a lot. Get better soon!

Hope you all have a wonderful day, I will enjoy mine watching it snow and cleaning my house. :)

Good morning,

I started Week 3 Heather Roberson, Sculpted Back & Biceps Workout // Day 11 HR12WEEK 2.0 is done. I am still keeping my weights low. Biceps and shoulder still bordering me.

Warm Up
Circuit 1 (45s work + 15s rest x2 rounds)
Bicep Rotation - 10's
Hammer Curl - 10's
Bicep Burn Out - 5's

Circuit 2 (45s work + 15s rest x2 rounds)
Single Arm Row (R) - 12's
Single Arm Row (L) -12's
Pull Overs -12's

Circuit 3 (45s work + 15s rest x2 rounds)
Alternating Curls - 10's
Negative Bicep Curls - 10's
Ninja Hop + Curl -10's

Circuit 4 (45s work + 15s rest x2 rounds)
Scapular Squeeze - 5's
Rear Flys - 5's
Super V-Squeeze

Circuit 5 (45s work + 15s rest x2 rounds)
Preacher Curl (R) - 12's
Preacher Curl (L) - 12's
Squat + Curl - 10's

Circuit 6 (45s work + 15s rest x2 rounds)
T,I,Y's
Underhand Row - 10's
Plank Row + Press - 10's

Cool Down & Stretch

Debbie - great job this morning. I love Heathers stretching. I like that those workouts are controlled not rushed.

Roselyn - please take it easy on your workouts. I was told not to workout or do anything strenuous. Get lots of rest and take good care of yourself. Praying for you and your husband.

Diane - how are you doing?

Great job everyone.

Today I was supposed to do STS Back and Biceps, but I could not find the dvd! Someone must have put it in the wrong sleeve, now I have to go through all of my dvd's to find it. So I walked uphill on the TM 40 minutes, traveled 2.2 miles and burned 355 calories. Then I did ICE Muscle Meltdown Biceps and really enjoyed it. I went light weights but since each exercise is back-to-back with NO break it ended up be ok. This is done in rounds with a brief rest at the end of each Giant Set. Total workout time was 1 hour, and I burned 449 calories.

Seated Traditional Curls- 12's x 12 reps for each exercise
Seated Hammer Curls- 12's
Preacher Curls- 10's
Incline Hammer Curls- 12's
BB Curls- 25# BB (was supposed to be Concentration Curls but those hurt my elbows)

Cathe does 3 rounds, I ended up doing 4 rounds.

Debbie, I am so glad that you are feeling better today! I was looking at that workout just last night the one you did today. How do you like her for an instructor? I am going to start doing some of Janine Peterson workouts, I love her personality. She does a lot of step workouts a lot like Yvette Bachman which I love. Have fun watching the snow fall today, I bet it is beautiful.

Roselyn, take care and I hope you and your husband get well soon.

Belinda, nice job on the workout and those are not that light of weights in my opinion, especially what you are going through health wise and all.

Diane Sue, I hope you are doing well!

BBL to read the other posts for the day.

Yep, Belinda I did. It was a good workout. I subbed some Cathe low impact moves for the knee run/butt kicks. Have you tried any Juliette Wooten workouts? I subscribed but haven't taken the plunge.

Roselyn, that stinks! Hope it's a mild case.

Goodnight!
Cam, I thought it was a good workout too. Great idea subbing some Cathe low impact moves for the knee run/butt kicks. I have to remember it next time. I have tried Juliette's workouts in the past, but never down one of her rotations. Her 100 DAY OBSESSION looks great. I just fond another new to me instructor, I probably will check her out after my current rotation. There a lot of great instructors on YT.

Today I walked for about 1.5 miles on my lunch. Only about 25 degrees and a little windy, but it felt good to move. My legs were really cold. No time to put on the long underwear. After work, I did a shorter workout. Michelle Briehler Strength & Cardio Total Body. It was about 30 minutes, but it was tough. Exactly what I wanted today. Alternating 2 sets of a 50 sec weight segment and 2, 30 sec cardio segments, for 6 different rounds. She hit every muscle group which I love. She made it compound. I really like her instruction. She finished with a 6 minute core. I didn't have time for it but she used 3 lb ankle weights.

Glad everyone is feeling better. Roselyn, hope you are doing ok and have mild symptoms.

Debbie, the snow missed us. We haven't had much snow so far. I just hope we don't have a late winter. Glad you have a day off and don't have to drive in that crap. Good job with Heather today. I realize now, more than ever the importance of a good warm up and stretch. I remember my idiot days when I barely took time to properly warm up and stretch. That sure has changed.

Jolie, hope you find your disc. Good workout, though. I could have used some of that warm California weather on my walk today! I viewed a couple Janine workouts. One day I may try her out.

Belinda, good workout with Heather. Hope your arms feels better. Take it easy, so you heal.

Goodnight everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.