Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for January 2021

This morning I did RAW Boxing & Legs 2 and had a fun workout. Music sucked, but it was fun and Jayne was funny in this one. She is so cute and her boxing moves are top notch, she has excellent form. This workout did intervals of boxing and leg exercises. I think the leg exercises could have been better - I really hate side to side lunges, I never ever feel them doing anything. Next time I will probably do cross back lunges, those I feel. She did squats twice so when she did them again at the end I did deadlifts. I know it seems like I'm complaining about the workout, but really, it was a fun one and I really enjoyed it. I'm actually surprised she had so many in her basement with her - Jayne, Caitlin, I think Sammie was in the background and Kelly. That is a small room for so many people, even if COVID wasn't a thing right now.

Workout was 36 minutes, burned 222 calories (not bad for a half hour workout), did 3518 steps and HR was 117/156.

Then I had Alexa play calming music and I stretched out my legs and neck a bit. That felt really good. Neck is getting tight again, I need to pay attention to that.

Jolie - I miss doing heavy weight workouts. Not sure I'll be able to do them again, though. Have fun with BB!! Love that series!! Nice job with the first workout!!

Great job with your workouts everyone!! Have a great one today!!

Reactions: WD
I did S&S Ramped up Upper Body this morning. I forgot how great a workout that is... my arms are starting to feel a little heavy as I type!! I tried to use my landmine but one one exercise, the one arm back rows, was really able to work with the landmine.

Roxie - Is Muscle Burns Fat on the regular on demand yet or still on VIP access?

Jolie _ good job with Body beast - I've never done it. Sagi scares me off!! LOL!

Good morning,

STS M2 W3 D20 Legs plus SBF D3 Upper Thigh = 15 min + Pretzel Lift Target = 10 min. Legs are fired! I

Jolie - good job with BB shoulder yesterday. I can't remember the last time I done Body Beast. Fantastic job!

Debbie - glad you feeling better. Nicely done on that TM walk.

Diane - it should be mandatory for people to enter grocery stores. I still see a lot of people not wearing a mask. No wonder they are not getting a handle on that virus. I do get it when kids take off their mask. Good luck with all your appointments.

I will be back later.

Today was BB Chest and Triceps. I had a fantastic workout. I now know why I have lost so much muscle, once you do a workout like this you understand. Workout was 55 minutes, I had to pause a lot to write all of the exercises down and to set up equipment. I burned a total of 321 calories. I was working for it on each exercise but I will increase some weights the next time I do the workout. Heart rate was 67/132.

Chest Press-
15's x 15
17's x 12
22's x 8

Superset with Incline Flies-
15's x 15
17's x 12
22's x8 DSet
17's x 8

Close Grip Press- Giant Set with Chest Flies Flat, and Chest Press instead of pushups
15's x 15
17's x 12
20's x 8

Chest Flies-
15's x 15
17's x 12
20's x 8

Chest Press- 20's x 15, x 12, x 8

Lying Triceps Ext.-
12's x 15
14's x 12
15's x 8 DS
14's x 8

1 Arm Kick Backs- Super Set with Close Grip Press, no pushups
8# x 15
10# X 12
12# x 8 DS
10# x 8

Close Grip Chest Press-
20's x 15, x 12, x 8

Cable Pull Downs instead of Dips-
30# x 15, x 12, x 8

ABS-
Leg raises for 1 minute.

Doreen, Sagi is huge but he really motivates me. I just lift what I want to lift so the workout isnt that crazy as it would be for a guy. Nice workout today.

Debbie, great workout with the Boxing and legs! I have a dread factor for leg workouts, combining it with another workout is the best way to do it. I like Yvette's workouts because Legs are always incorporated into the workout.

Belinda, way to go on the workout today!

Roselyn, I am happy you are starting BB with me! You can motivate me :)

Diane Sue, I hope you have a great workout today and maybe remote learning with go great for you all today.

Roxie, I will check out that workout that you did yesterday.

Make it a wonderful day my friends.

This morning I did two cardio workouts and did pretty well with them. My stamina isn't up to par, especially on the CL workout I did, not sure why? Just feel like I'm dragging this morning.

I did a 14 minute Max Trainer workout and now can't remember which one. I did well with this one and gave it all I had. Workout was 15 minutes, burned 55 calories (woopee), went .36 miles, did 926 steps and HR was 90/109.

Then I did CL #265, Cardio Challenge Express which I've done before. This one uses th stability ball and 3# weights but I used only 1# weights to be safe. I probably could have used 3# but oh well.

Workout was 32 minutes, burned 212 calories, did 3242 steps and HR was 123/159.

Doreen - Great job with S&S, those are good workouts.

Belinda - Great job with the STS workout yesterday! How are your knees lately? I agree about the mask wearing, people should just do it, it's not hard. We also have people not wearing masks at the grocery store. Yeesh.

Jolie - You are making me want to do Body Beast. I loved that series. Not sure my body can handle it right now, though. Maybe in the summer. I was thinking I could probably do it without lifting really heavy but then I think what's the point if you don't lift heavy? LOL!! Lift big or go home!!

Diane - Hope we hear from you today. I know you've been extremely busy. Hope you are doing well.

Roxie and Roselyn - Hope you both have kick butt workouts today!!

This morning I did a kickbox and strength workout on GHUTV. It was ok - intermediate level which was probably good as I didn't feel like killing myself this morning. 3 blocks of 5 min kickboxking, 5 minutes of strength.

Hi everyone,

No workout yet to report. I been decluttering/purging my house for the last 4 hours. I have already 10K. Everything I haven't used in a year will go. Bought an air fryer. Have only used it once. It takes up a lot of counter space, IMO. It has to go, lol.

I will go for a walk ( I walked yesterday) than I will do SBF D4 Cardio Sculpt = 20 min + Table Top Balance = 5 min and call it a day.

Debbie - the mask border my ears, I still wear a mask to protect me and others. I just don't get it. I always run the other way if I see someone not wearing a mask. Great job this morning. I was going to do CL this morning but it's cardio/legs/ abs. Worked my legs yesterday. They need a break.

Jolie - nice job with your workout. Glad you found the perfect workout.

Doreen - I hear you on not killing yourself today. Great job!

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. BBL

Today was cardio, I did Power Strike 6 kickboxing and boy did it kick my butt!!! I used 1 lb gloves and my arms and shoulders were burning so bad, no wonder why my upper body used to be so cut, I used to do this workout with 2 pound gloves!!! I will work my way back to my fighting weight if it kills me LOL! :) Workout was 1 hour and I burned 531 calories. Since the workout goes faster than I am capable of doing right now, I omitted the squats between kicks until I get the hang of the workout again. No big deal, it is so hard without the squats. Heart rate was 127/168. Next time I do a kickboxing workout I will do Power Strike 5, that one is great too.

Debbie, way to go with the two workouts today. I wish you could do BB with us too! I find lifting heavy isnt the problem for why I have injuries, I find that lifting FAST even with lite weight is the problem. Slow and controlled is what works for me. All of the Metabolic Bootcamp workouts kill my upper body for what ever reason. If i lift heavy, I use my bench with back support and I am fine. I also dont lift too heavy because I dont need that much muscle anymore.

Belinda, way to go with the purge. I am doing the same thing right now. I want to live clutter free, it is good for the mind.

Doreen, nice workout today. Do you ever do any Power Strike workouts? I love them.

BBL to read the other posts.

Have a wonderful warm and sunny day. :)

Jolie - I have one powerstrike workout I found at the thrift. I haven't tried it yet!!

I keep trying to de-clutter. My husband is a bit of a pack-rat though...

I got my workout in this morning. Things have been crazy the last days and virtual school is stressful when I am away from the house part of the day. I started my workout with Raw Boxing and Legs, 40 minutes as I wrote it down, 114/158 heart rate, 171 calories 2,911 steps. I did not use the egg weights. I then did Cathe Perfect 30 Low Impact Hiit, 30 minutes, heart rate 126/158,149 calories, 2,821 steps. Perfect 30 Mobility basics strength timesaver, 16 calories, 11 minutes, 88/117 heart rate, 43 steps. Total time 81 minutes, 336 calories, 5,775 steps.
Monday I had ladies game day and had to leave early to hit the store and get home as I had schooling and someone wanting to look at the house. Yesterday was my arthritis appointment which is in an adjoining city and they had me wait for doctor and then I had to get blood work done. I talked to him about my neck and shoulder blades as being the only place where I have pain most of the time. He had to go back and look at the mris and that I had physical therapy. He offered two ways of doing a steroid injection saying that would make space because inflammation would go down. I told him I would not do it unless I got to where I could not function through the pain. I am just afraid of those injections in the neck and the things that too much steroid can do to the joints over time. I don't know if I am making the best decision.
Boxing and Legs 2 Raw 35:29 minutes
uses moderate weights for legs and they use egg weights

warm up
boxing punch/hook/uppercuts adding in jacks
weights 15# dbs squats
boxing angle with hook/cross/ side lunge knee hops
weights 15# dbs side lunge adding in pulses
boxing front kick reach/reverse lunge/uppercuts
weights 15# dbs reverse lunch with a slight side turn
boxing blend of all boxing moves
weights 15# dbs blend of all leg moves squat/side to side lunge/ lunge with twist
boxing cross,cross/twist, twist(waistline), upper cut, upper cut
stretch

Debbie, I wish Kelly had more cardio that was not boxing too. I love it, but it sure seems to set off my neck and shoulders. I woke last night with the front of my shoulders as well as upper back and neck hurting, but have not worked out for two days. I thought the workout of Kelly's that I did today was fun too, but the music was some of the type that makes me want to scream shut that off. I guess it could have been worse. Some of it reminded me of movies inside of dance clubs. Just not a fan. It looked like Kelly moved a lot of stuff out of the way for them to do that workout in the basement. I honestly don't know about the vaccine. One of my friends at game day was telling me about some website that talks about vaccines and she sort of scared me, but it may be not true. I guess they said there are things they are not telling people. Also, the idea of an RNA that teaches cells or something and is supposed to stop at a certain point is a bit hard to figure in my head. They say it doesn't hurt DNA. Anyway, I am not sure if I would ever take it in the future if needed. My husband won't any more than the flu shot. Also the lady said something about you getting the vaccine and you should still wear a mask?? She said they were talking about it making you a spreader while the vaccine works. Like I said, I don't remember what she said the website was and it may be all untrue. One of the ladies there was scheduled to get the vaccine. She was going to check it out. The only reason I would think the suggestion to wear the mask anyway is so you would not contract the virus while waiting for the vaccine to work.
There are those that are on Trumps side on the republican party. It really upsets me that they can shut down media and apps Can't look at what I follow on my phone and some on my computer :mad: Talk about freedom of speech. If they have riots I am pretty sure it is not the Trump group. It is some other group. They never rioted before with all of the rallies. How ignorant are people anyway. I probably should not have done that workout Monday. The doctor says the pain is because the space is narrowed and inflammation makes it worse. What can I do? I try to be careful.

Jolie, nice work with Body Beast. It has been a couple of years at least since I have done that program. I used to have some Power Strikes workouts. If I remember right, she did all one side and then would do all on the other side. There was not shortening the workouts. They are good workouts. Mine were probably some of the first ones though.

Doreen, you find so many interesting workouts on youtube. Nice work with the

Roselyn, nice work with STS. Beast the next day? Have fun ;)

Belinda, we bought a small air fryer because I did not want a big one sitting on my counter. I use it a lot though for my husband fries and I make fresh sweet potato fries in it for myself. That is pretty much all I have used it for though. I haven't taken time to try anything else and it is so small that if I wanted to cook chicken it, it would be a small amount and no fries. I have decluttered a lot and as I have been going through things when I have time for moving, even more stuff goes in the trash and out the door.

Roxie, nice work yesterday.

Good morning,

Got my workout in early today. I will leave shortly to help my son pack up his stuff for his move.

I did STS M2 W3 D21 Back/Biceps + SBF Day 5 Upper Body 7 = 18 min plus Active Stretch = 14 min.

I will check in and catch up on personals when I get home if it's not to later.
Have a great day and workout.

Overslept again this morning so a short YT step workout with Giana Storey. The advanced ones she does fast (140 bpm) and keeps the repetition down so they are quick.

I have an all-in-one air fryer, pressure cooker, slow cooker. I love it! My kids use it all the time to make lunches for themselves since they are home for school. We keep chicken strips and nuggets and fries in the freezer and they just pop it in for their lunches. I get more advanced and do the pressure cooker and make mac and cheese and stuff in it. I love to air fry zucchini fries in it and I have a recipie for air frying an entire head of califlour that is so yummy!

Today is rest day # 2 for the week, I did not sleep well, my kids were up till really late and they were so loud. Also, it is going to be 85 degrees here today so I am going to the beach to lay on the sand and read a book and get some vitamin D. :) T

Diane Sue, that is so typical of doctors, they always want to give a steroid shot. They do not work for me, actually they increase the pain. I would look into cool laser therapy, it is not painful and it takes away all the inflammation which causes pain. What about Cryo Therapy?

Roselyn, great job with Chest and Triceps.

Doreen, I over slept today too! Nice job getting a workout in anyway.

BBL to read your posts for the day.

Happy Friday and thank God it is warm and sunny :) Cheers

I'm late, I had an early morning meeting and just got done with lunch. This morning I did CL #327, Christmas Wonderland 2020 which was pretty fun and the girls looked cute. I don't know how Cathe worked out in that sweatshirt and santa beard, she must have been dying!! Pretty good workout except for the stupid burpees, but I really did like the rest of it. I used 3 and 5# dumbells.

Workout was 45 minutes, burned 234 calories, did 3448 steps and HR was 106/139.

I have to say, I'm not finding the Versa 3 being any better with HR tracking than the 2 was. In fact, it seems worse. I was really working in this workout, my HR was pounding and my watch said 89 bpm for most of the workout. It was really pissing me off. At first when I started the warmup, within like 2 minutes my HR was at 130. What happens then? How can it just drop to 89 when I'm killing myself?

No time for personals, I need to go record a video right now so I will try to get back on here later. Great workouts everyone!!!

This morning I did Cathe Live Ready Set Step 213, 205 calories, 43 minutes, heart rate 119/149, 4,294 steps.
I then did Coffey Fit Raw abs finisher, 18 minutes, 49 calories, 104/140, 421 steps. Total time was 61 minutes, 254 calories, 4,715 steps.

Belinda, nice work getting STS and SB in this morning. I hope you enjoy your time with your son packing.

Debbie, I just think it is Fitbit in general and now Google has taken over Fitbit. I had to restart my cell phone multiple times to get it to sync with my watch. It was really getting frustrating as I do not have time for that sort of thing. I have started trying to avoid looking at the watch when working out so I would not get frustrated with it. I know how you feel, as I have pushed beyond what the instructor was doing and still had a super low heart rate that I was sure could not be right. That Wonderland workout was kind of fun. I thought the outfit and the mask and beard looked like it would be terrible to work out in.

Doreen, nice that you got in something even though you woke late. Could you share the cauliflower recipe? Yours sounds like a good choice as I have a huge Instapot on the counter and my air fryer. My grandson purchased himself an air fryer to fix his meals in in his apartment. He really likes it a lot.

Jolie, the problem is that most doctors can only seem to prescribe drugs or do procedures. I guess that is what they are taught and offering up natural alternatives and safer things are not their options. Plus they do not try to stop the problem at the root of the cause. They just treat symptoms as they come on. I will look at those options, thanks. I would never be able to sleep with someone up and loud. My husband stays up all night on his days off and it sometimes disturbs me if he forgets to turn the tv down or use the headphones. That happened last Saturday night and I got up and turned my air purifier up on high to help drown out the television. I woke so many times, I should have just went and told him. Have a nice rest day.

Today I did Cathe Live 330, legs, cardio, core, galore, 65 minutes (58 actual) heart rate 104/174, 202 calorie, 2,691 steps. I doubt I will do this one again. I forgot to start my Fitbit at the beginning and went back and redid some of the start where it is cardio. Why is it such a struggle to get the Fitbit to sync with the app? What a waste of my time. It says it synced and still does not show today! I have to clean and leave in awhile as we have someone looking at our house.

330 Legs, Cardio,Core, Galore 58 minutes weights 10,12,15 lb
stability ball, gliding discs, and mat also used
warm up
stability ball doing lower moves like lunges holding the ball overhead etc. no weights
gliding discs mountain climbers, squat thrust, plank leg out and under, jacks on discs, planks pikes, ball leg in and out
weights 10# dbs side to side walk pulses
deadlifts 15# dbs (can use 20's)
1 15# db side to side squat 24 reps
1 15# db single leg deadlift
10 and 12# db and gliding disc 10# disc to side lunge pick up tempo then 12 # same move slow all right then repeat all left
stability ball single leg lifts quads, hamstring roll ins
mermaid with gliding discs and mat
stability ball outer thigh/obliques
stretch

I did an amazing workout this morning from the EPIC II series by Carolyn Girvan on YT. It was set up in trisets but different than what I normally think of Tri-sets. This was a A,B,A tri-set then after every 3 groups of that you did swings in an ABA format. Total body moves for and hour!! She was dying - I was dying - it was great!! (I played my own music and just watched her counter. Here are the moves:

The first portion of the triset is exactly the same as the third portion!
1/2 TURKISH GET UP, OPP FOOT REACH CRUNCH, 1/2 TURKISH GET UP
1/2 TURKISH GET UP (switch), OPP FOOT REACH CRUNCH, 1/2 TURKISH GET UP
LEG LOWER, TUCK TO HOLLOW, LEG LOWER
SWING TO SQUAT, SWING, SWING TO SQUAT
SQUAT TO PRESS, SQUAT...THEN PRESS, SQUAT TO PRESS
ALT REAR LUNGES, SUITCASE SQUATS, ALT REAR LUNGES
KNEELING TO SQUAT TO STAND, SQUAT, KNEELING TO SQUAT TO STAND
RDL, 1/2 REP RDL, RDL
KNEEL GLUTE SQUEEZE, LATERAL LUNGE (same side,) KNEEL GLUTE SQUEEZE (same side)
KNEEL GLUTE SQUEEZE (switch) LATERAL LUNGE (same side) KNEEL GLUTE SQUEEZE (same side)
SINGLE SQUAT TO PRESS, 1/2 REP SQUATS (same side) SINGLE SQUAT TO PRESS (same side)
SINGLE SQUAT TO PRESS (switch), 1/2 REP SQUATS (same side), SINGLE SQUAT TO PRESS (same side) FRONTAL RAISES, DRIVING CAR, FRONTAL RAISES
SWING TO SQUA,T SWING, SWING TO SQUAT
SNATCH CLEAN TO SQUAT (same side), SNATCH (same side), SNATCH (switch) CLEAN TO SQUAT (same side) SNATCH (same side)
CALF RAISES, SQUAT ROCKS, CALF RAISES
TRICEP PRESS,DIAMOND PRESS, TRICEP PRESS
HEST PRESS, FLYES, CHEST PRESS
RENEGADE ROWS, DEEP PUSH UPS, RENEGADE ROWS
SWING TO SQUAT,SWING,SWING TO SQUAT
SINGLE LEG BRIDGE, SAME LEG BRIDGE HOLD, SAME LEG BRIDGE, DOUBLE LEG BRIDGE HOLD
SINGLE LEG BRIDGE (switch), SAME LEG BRIDGE HOLD, SAME LEG BRIDGE
HAMSTRING WALK, HAMSTRING HOLD, HAMSTRING WALK
SWING TO SQUAT SWING SWING TO SQUAT
ALT SNATCH BURPEE, ALT ROW, ALT SNATCH BURPEE
Finisher!! SQUAT W/FRONTAL RAISE SQUAT PULSES SQUAT W/FRONTAL RAISE

Doreen, thank you for posting this workout, I am doing it tomorrow, it looks AMAZING!!!

Today I did Body Beast Back and Biceps and had a kick ass workout!!! I love the speed of this workout, slow and steady, time under tension, this is my type of workout. The faced pace workouts never let you squeeze the muscle and no wonder why I dont build any muscle at all. This workout was 1 hour, one ab exercise at the end and a stretch. Calories burned were 400 and heart rate was 67/144.

Deadlifts-
12's x 15
15's x 12
20's x 8 Drop Set
15's x8

Cable Pullovers instead of DB pullovers super set to Wide Grip pull downs instead of pull ups
30# x 15
30# x 12
40# x 8 Drop Set
30# x 8

Wide Grip Pull Downs
60# x 10, x 10, x 10

Giant Set
BB Underhand Rows
35# x 15
37# x 12
40# x 8

1 ARm Row
20# x 15
25# x 12
30# x 8

Rear Flies
8's x 15
10's x 12
11's x 8

Chin Ups for 30 seconds x 3 sets, I did underhand pull downs
60# x 16, x 13, x 12

Seated Bicep Curls Supination
12's x 15
15's x 12
17's x 8 Drop Set
15's x 8

1, 1, 2 Hammer Curls Seated
10's x 15
12's x 12
15's x 8 These were tuff stuff!

BB Curls
25# x 15
30# x 12
35# x 8 Drop Set
25# x 8 I almost died :)

ABS
30 seconds, 30 seconds

I'm dead!

Doreen, that workout you posted looks so good, I cant wait to try it tomorrow. I hope none of the moves hurt my low back, if so I will modify. I wont be able to do the Burpees so I will do squats instead.

87 degrees here yesterday and 85 degrees today! I am cleaning my patio next and sitting in the sun and reading.

Have the most Glorious day ever!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.