Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for August 2020

Belinda, you are right, I don't need facebook that bad and yes they will lose a lot of people pushing that stuff. I was happy to find my one brother has texting now :) He still has a flip phone though. I talked to him today for quite awhile. I gather from an article in NY times that they are gearing up to stop Trump from using them to post stuff post election about problems with vote counts. I did use the step today though. I really would like to get a new rebounder someday.

Doreen, that is why I like to have the dvds. Although when I have used some of the videos on the Raw channel from the dvds, I mark stopping points on the pages that I have printed up with premixes and stuff so I know which point I want to stop at. Sort of like using the old video players and forwarding through to a certain point.

No workout today. I went to church this morning and then this afternoon some weed eating and yard clean up. My brother was telling me something interesting. It seems the school he does maintenance at had several covid cases come up. They were testing and one of the workers had antibodies and they tested the whole family and they all had antibodies. They asked them when they had been sick and they said in November of last year.

Belinda, nice workout today.

Good morning,

Today I started Cathe week 2 of her June rotation. I did ICE Bootcamp Circuit. I will do SBF D15 LB Barre 3 shortly. I am still doing SBF rotation.

Diane - I hope you had a relaxing weekend.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Have a great Monday everyone.

Reactions: WD
I did a Penny Barnshaw workout this morning. Low Impact No Repeats. I liked it - a couple moves were kinda hard to get the feel for and I would have preferred to repeat the circuit to try again for some but oh well.

My kids started virtual school today... we'll see how that goes.

Since everyone is doing XTrain I Figured I'd get my DVD's out and do the Burn Sets this week. Fun stuff but my DVD player is a piece of shit. It kept skipping and stopping, I was getting really frustrated with it. Hope it doesn't keep doing that. I punched the top a couple times, that seemed to help. LOL!!

Today I did XTrain Burn Sets Bi's &Tri's and had a great workout. This is what I did:

Traditional Curls: 15's - 10/10 reps then 14 to failure
DB Curls w/Twist: 16's - 10/10/12 TF
Concentration Curls: x16# - 10/10/12 TF (hate these, they really hurt my elbows)
Burn Set - Crazy 8's Hammer Curl: 12's - 24 reps 24

Triceps Pushups:
4 sets/2 sets/2 sets (tough stuff!)
Lying Triceps Extensions: 12's - 10/10/15 TF
One Arm Kickbacks: 10# - 10/10/15 TF
Burn Set - Overhead Band Extensions: 14 reps (Cathe keeps going but I was burnin')

Great workout, love these. Workout was 37 minutes, burned 162 calories, HR was 104/151.

Walked on my treadmill for a bit to get some steps in. I'm thinking about doing a Cardio Coach tomorrow, I'll see how I feel when I get up.

No time for personals, I'll try to come back later. Have been reading all the posts, though! Have a great day!

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Your Moves, 45 minutes, 183 calories, heart rate 118/158, 2,342 steps followed by Kelly Coffey Super Sculpt premix drills 1 and step 22 minutes(20 actual), drills with 2# dumbbells for me, heart rate 128/160,1,799 steps, 115 calories. TOTAL Time 67 minutes, 298 calories, 4,141 steps. This was a fun workout. I modified a bit with lighter weights on things that really affect neck and shoulders, like pullovers.
I will check back later. I have grandchildren here today and one is downstairs doing virtual school :)

Good morning my friends. Yesterday was a rest day, I went to Big Bear and visited my parents, it was cool and beautiful weather, I really enjoyed myself. Today I am feeling a lot better, I am not really too sore so I did Cardio. TM, 45 minutes, 6.5 incline, 3.1 to 3.2 speed, traveled 2.2 miles and burned 422 calories. I am so glad my knee feels better. Heart rate was 132/170. It is very hot and humid here again, my air conditioning bill will probably be out of this world. I put an offer on a house yesterday as well, we shall see tonight what they come back with for a counter if any. It is a two story house and it backs a beautiful park area with walking trails and mountain biking trails. It has an slight ocean view from the front deck upstairs. I think it is over priced but I think everything is over priced right now, but interest rates are at an all time low! Maybe I will know something tomorrow:)

Debbie, I really like the XTRAIN workouts, I will probably be doing one of the lifting ones tomorrow. My dvd player is horrible as well and I am sure I could use a new one if I am going to be doing my dvd workouts.

Diane Sue, great workout today. How is the weather? Nice that you get to have your grand kids over and it is so nice that you are helping them with school. Are these your daughter's children? Will you be watching them all year since they have online school?

Belinda, nice job on your workout and that rotation looks great!

Doreen, That is an instructor that I do not know. Great job on getting it done. How old are your kids? Do you have to help them with their school work or are they old enough to do it themselves?

BBL to read other posts after me.

Have a wonderful day.

I had issues with streaming this morning which took up some time. I pulled up Raw and there was no sound. I tried a prime video and it had no sound either so tried switching to Roku instead of Fire tv and went to Youtube. Youtube wanted me to sign back in or set up youtube, but it would play the video game videos my grandson watches :rolleyes: So, I went and put a dvd in and the sound worked, went back to Fire TV and it started having sound. I don't know what was going on. Wasted time though. I almost signed up for a month of CL, but didn't want to mess with it. I guess Kelly has the virtual upper body workout and no weight lower workout up on her Raw channel. She had network issues so no Monday workout again though.
I need to figure out how to get groceries. May have to have delivered or pick up. I got my protein powder two days late from Amazon along with two more bags of it today that I ordered last night. I got some Big Spoon Roasters Figi Ginger almond butter from Amazon. It is so yummy. I made myself a protein smoothie bowl for lunch.

Belinda, nice work on Ice Boot Camp Circuit. I hope the SB workout goes well. This weekend was more relaxing and I spent time talking to my brothers on the phone. I did do some cleaning just in case this week was too busy and overwhelming.

Debbie nice work today on X Train burn sets. I always liked those workouts, but generally only got around 200 calories doing them. I bet now it would be 90. I seem to be getting close to half what my normal calories used to be.

Jolie, fingers crossed for you and the house. The lower interest rate should help the payment be a little lower. The houses in my area are going fast when they go up for sale. The one next door never had a sign out. I think it took about a month from the time it went on the market from what my husband saw online. Others have went like that too and the one next door sold for quite a bit for being smaller than our house and two bedroom. That is great that you were up to a cardio workout today. These are my youngest daughters children. It is sort of unsure as to how long we will have virtual school. My granddaughter is starting her middle school in a new school this year and right now it is virtual. We will see.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Crush 2, 33 minutes, 210 calories, heart rte 143/171, 3,288 steps. I am going to go run and vote on a run off and I have grandchildren. Will check back in awhile.

I just walked on the TM this morning to get some stuff done on my laptop while I walked. Things are getting busy for the next deadline.

Jolie- my kids are a Senior and a Freshman. Yesterday was rough. My husband so badly wants to help the kids with their school (especially math) but my daughter likes to try to figure it out on her own. So they were in a shouting/crying match when I got home from work. I tried to tell him maybe he should offer to help and then wait until she accepts it instead of just forcing it on her and telling her everything she's doing wrong. That didn't go over well!! :mad: Can we just send the kids back to school PLEASE!!!! One day and I can tell this is going to be a long virtual learning process!!

Had to take my mom to her annual wellness checkup this morning so I don't have much time to do personals again. Sorry, it's been crazy my way. I've been reading all your updates, you are all kicking butt on the workouts!

Today I did Cardio Coach #1. I haven't done this workout since the end of March and I did fairly well with it considering. I was able to do the entire workout without stopping to rest but I didn't go as fast I have in the past on the sprints. Almost as fast, but not quite. Had a great workout.

Workout was 36 minutes, burned 283 calories (TM said 317), went 2.34 miles, did 4903 steps and HR was 138/177.

I will try to be back later!!

Good morning,

Today was a slow walk outside. My knees are acting up again, I have an appointment for next week with my husbands orthopedic surgeon. I need to get to the bottom what's causing this.

Great job everyone. I will be back with personals.

No workout today, my son was in the gym and ended up going so long it is now to hot to workout. Oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes. Good news, they accepted the offer on the house we want to buy! Probably will move in 45 days. I am really scared because it is very expensive but my husband wants to buy it for an investment, this will not be our forever house by any means. It is too big and too expensive for retirement years. California Real Estate and especially the beach is where you can make big money so it is good that we can invest. However, I am still nervous, I never thought I would spend this kind of money on a house. I swear, there really is not much out there cheaper unless we bought a condo or town house which we don't want to do because they don't go up as much as a house.

Debbie, awesome that you did Cardio Coach today, boy it has been a long time since you ran! I hope your mom's appointment goes well today.

Belinda, I love a nice walk but it is too hot and humid to do one here right now. Sept. and Oct. are our hottest months so I have that to look forward to.

Diane Sue, nice job that you got up and out early today! What run off are you voting for today?

Doreen, I don't know how you walk on the TM and workout at the same time! Good for you and good luck with the virtual learning this year!

Have a wonderful day.

Jolie - congratulation on the new house. I know it's scary. I watch House Hunters on TV. Homes in CA on the beach are very expensive. I was nerves when we bought our house in WV. I thought the price was nuts considering I live in the the country. I would love to live on the beach one day. It was very humid and hot walk today. Got out later.

Debbie - good job on Cardio Coach today. Miss those workouts. Just can't do them anymore. Maybe I will try to use them for walking workouts when I walk alone.

Diane - love a clean house. Gives you time for other things during the week. Great job on your workout.

Doreen and Roselyn - good job today.

Doreen, nice that you were able to get in a workout this morning while you were taking care of stuff on your laptop at the same time. I think it will be a long virtual learning process for a lot of people. I don't see it going well for everyone. I hope it does not last long so the children can be back in the classroom.

Debbie, glad that you got the treadmill workout in. You did great for not doing that workout in a few months. It is nice that you are able to help your mother like that.

Belinda, I had some odd ache under my at the bottom of my knee yesterday for awhile. I don't know why as I have not had that before. It seems okay today. I am just hoping I just tweaked it or something.

Jolie, I can understand you being a bit anxious about buying an expensive house. I bet that you will love it and it will work out well. I can't wait to hear your thoughts when you move in. It was pretty hot here today. I thought of taking my grandchildren for a walk, but by the time I got done voting and stopping at the store it was just too hot. I went out later and took care some weeds and stuff while my husband trimmed some shrubs before he left for work. There was a run off between two women for the representative position and one for sheriff.

So last night as the night progressed my hamstring started to really hurt again. What is it with running that is doing that to me? It's been fine for a long time and it really hurt last night. It is not hurting this morning but I have a feeling I won't be running that often anymore. :(

Today I did Xtrain Burn Sets - Chest, Back & Shoulders. Had a great workout, I will really feel this tomorrow.

CHEST
Dumbbell Press: 30's - 2 sets/10 reps
Dumbbell Press: 30's - 12 reps (to failure)

Dumbbell Flies: 25's - 2 sets/10 reps
Dumbbell Flies: 25's - 1 sets/12 reps (to failure)

Incline Dumbbell Press: 25's - 1 set/10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press: 26's - 1 set/10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press: 26's - 1 sets/12 reps (to failure)

Push-Ups: 16 reps on knees

BACK
One Arm Row
: 30# - 2 sets/10 reps - 10 reps (to failure)
Double Arm Row: 20's - 2 sets/10 reps - 11 reps (to failure)
Seated Rear Flies: 12's - 2 sets/10 reps - 14 reps (to failure)
Supermans: Skipped

SHOULDERS
Standing Overhead Press
: 15's - 2 sets/10 reps - 8 reps (to failure)
Single Arm Lateral Raise: 10# - 1 set/10 reps - 8# - 1 set/10 reps - 8# - 1 set/12 reps
Single Arm Rear Delt Fly: 10# - 2 sets/10 reps - 1 set/15 reps (to failure)

Also did Core #1 Bonus Abs - stopped at the plank work, my upper shoulders were burning by this time.

Workout was 60 minutes, burned 369 calories (holy moly!), HR was 124/183.

Jolie - Congrats on your house! I can't even imagine affording to live out there!! It's ridiculous. Glad you got what you wanted and like. So you guys are buying this one? I'm excited for you!! No more coyotes or snakes!! My mom just had a wellness checkup, she is fine other than her eye sight, which is getting worse. :(

Belinda - I miss the CC workouts as well. Looks like I won't be able to do them much anymore because my hamstring started to really bother me last night. It's ok now but I think if I do it too much I'll pull something again. I hope you can find out what is going on with your knees. Glad you are going to get it looked at. Good luck!!

Doreen - Great workouts you are doing!!

Diane - I'm glad I can take care of my mom, she drives me crazy sometimes but I love her dearly. I have to check out Kelly's app to see what is new out there. Hopefully a new cardio workout is out there.

Have a great day everyone!!

This morning I did the Upper Body and Legs from KCM virtual Road Trip on RAW. I liked the format but there were just a lot of breaks. Kelly did a move I've never seen before she called standing dips. You hold dumbells low behind your back and lift them up behind the back. Really tough move.

Good morning,

I did Low Impact Total Body Trisets Upper & Lower. It was one long workout. Glad it's done. I went a lot lighter on the LB. You probably wondering why I workout when my knees are swollen/painful? Believe it or not sitting hurts worst. Until the surgeon next week tell me not to do any lower body weight workouts, I will continue working out. I also went for a slow walk this morning.

Debbie - Oh no on your hamstring. I hope you can find out what is going on with you too. I am tired with my knee problem. Had the cortisone shots in my knees didn't last long. I can't sit on my butt for weeks/months either. My knees make a lot of cracking noises when I walk or walk upstairs. Been dealing with my knees since Jan this year. If I sit too long my knees get stiff. I hope you feel better soon.

Diane - I honestly don't know what is going on with my knees. I do everything low impact, lower my weights. I am still in pain. My knees are so swollen up again, I can't bent my knees. It feels like I tore something under my knee caps. If that makes sense. Not sure what is causing it since I keep everything low impact. Heck, I haven't used a step in month with Cathe's workouts. I can't wait to find out next week what is going on. Maybe I need to back off working out the way I do for awhile? I hope it's noting serious with your knee.

I will check in later.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.