Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2020

Debbie, I think I must hit the heavy bag really hard because even with my regular Everlast heavy bag boxing gloves my knuckles are raw when I am done. I have even had them kind of bloody before till I learned to back off a bit. Probably the reason for hand wraps. I have some of the pink Everlast open finger gloves Kelly wore, I think in that one and I put them on last time. Not enough padding. I wondered how her hands looked when she was don't I have to lighten punches for that. I really liked that that one was pretty much all heavy bag.
I have a fitness friend that posted stuff about Forks over Knives and I am sure I have been there. At one time I purchased several vegetarian cookbooks and downloads. Following it strictly made me lose too much weight and I think some of my muscle definition kind of dropped off. I made my own tempeh and really got into it. The paleo came out which was better at first as I was afraid of the fat they allowed and kept it lower which is the better protocol than eating nitrate free sugar free bacon and tons of coconut butter and oil and milk. The coconut milk full fat got to be a real problem for me. No dairy allowed though. Now I am somewhat between and more into what works for health. My hot flashes would let up for awhile and come back. It was sometimes embarassing when a friend would give me hug and make a comment like "girl you are sweating". No problems with that and mood swings took some time to leave too. I am glad it is gone!!
It varies on whey protein products how they affect me. I am sure ingredients and processing has something to do with it. I have to watch the sweeteners as they definitely make a difference. I cannot use MRM whey at all, I can't use Sprouts. I have tried a lot.

Doreen, my husband likes to go low carb, but it is like a struggle when I tell him he cannot have certain things. He did great the first time he did it other than a few cans of beans thrown in. I just try to make healthy things for him. I think instructors might do better to label a workout as safe for pregnant women so they won't make others feel like it is not a workout for them. It does seem they would be better for knees and hips.

Jolie, I am glad you had a fabulous workout. No I did not work out that late. It was more like noon and was earlier than I have been getting them in as I wanted to hit Sprouts and get back before my husband got up. I had paperwork and things to get caught up on, and spent way too much time on the computer between laundry and stuff last night. Happens a lot. The only thing I may do at 2 am would be a stretch before crawling into bed to get rid of the kinks.

I am working on sleep using the premium fitbit app helps. It still tells me I should try again. Goals not met, but I have managed to get more "good" sleep nights. I am almost always fair. Last night even though I got 6 hr hr 21 minutes sleep I had a good sleep score and 80% below resting heart level which is good for restorative sleep. There are some features I do like about the Premium. Just wish it wasn't as much as they charge. It does have audio workouts for running, different pieces of equipment like elliptical, bike, treadmill, and I even saw a jump rope workout (maybe that one was video)

Belinda, your menu sounds good. I thought of you when I did the kickboxing on Fit Bit as there was a guy that did some hollering. I wouldn't say it was a woo, but it kind of pulled my interest from the instructor as to look and see which guy was doing it. It was the younger and then he comes up at the end and is talking about the great instructor, so I didn't get it I guess. BTW that workout was fairly good, but below intensity of what I am used to for being a medium workout she instructed like everyone was new as she built the moves. Then there was some strength push up knee ins on the floor and bridges work twice between the rest. Sort of odd.

Today I did two really fun workouts. I was going to do the Shoulders workout of 4DS but just not feeling it today. So I chose to do RAW Intervals #5, which is a blast to do and RAW Box & Pump 2, which I also really love and have done several times. My shoulders were killing me by the time I was done, burning like crazy. Hope that wasn't a bad thing, I'll find out later. I was a sweaty mess when I got done. So fun!!!

I am not going to write the workouts out because it would go on forever, and when I wore my FB, I had it on Circuit mode to clock it and I just left it on for both workouts. At one point when I was on the ground doing chest presses and then got up, my HR was really going. I looked at my watch and it said I was at 35 bpm. LOL! That's even lower than my resting HR, which is like 45 or 47. Stupid thing.

Workout was 1 hr. and 6 min., burned 469 calories (holy cow!), did 5035 steps and HR was 127/198.

Doreen - The recipes on Forks over Knives aren't exactly low carb since they are all vegetable and fruit recipes along with oats, beans, nut butters, etc. But I haven't gained any weight eating this way and in fact, am losing. I think the worry about carbs is overrated - of course you need to eat good carbs, but some people even worry about that. I have always been a carbs lover and have never had problems in the weight department from eating them. I say give the recipes a try.

Jolie - Yes, I have a pair of Everlast hot pink and black boxing gloves, but they are the kind where the palm of the hand is open. My bag isn't exactly "heavy" since it's stuffing isn't sand. So I don't really need too much protection. However, I was hitting quite hard yesterday and my knuckles were really feeling it. Nice job on your workout!

Belinda - Here is the link to the vegan quesadillas: https://www.forksoverknives.com/rec...zed-onion-pepper-vegan-quesadillas/#gs.4wnn1j - They are awesome, I love them. Had them all week for lunch. I make up the filling part and then make them individually each day. So good!

Diane - My neck gets like that sometimes too, it worries me. Sometimes when I look down I hear a very loud POP sound. WTH? What does it mean? I don't like how Kelly does neck stretches with her rolling back and forth like she does. She does that way too fast. I always just go side to side and hold it for a few seconds. My knuckles are never bloody when I box, holy crap on yours being bloody before! You might want to not hit that hard in the future! LOL!! Crazy! I have those Everlast gloves where the palms are showing as well, probably the same ones you have. I like them and my bag isn't full of sand so it's not hard as a rock like some of them are. I am really loving Forks over Knives food but I guess we all have to eat the way our bodies need us too. I haven't seen any muscle loss as of yet and in fact, I see much more definition which is cool. And I am usually always freezing until I get a hot flash. My body temperature can change on a dime. My poor husband has just learned to deal with it. We could be in the car and I have the heat blasting one minute and then the next I have to open the windows. LOL! Stupid change of life.

Roselyn & Roxie - Hope all is good with you two!! Roxie, you need to check in soon.

Have a great day everyone. So glad it's Friday!

I did a Yvette Bachman Youtube workouts this morning. Step and band. It was very good - steady state step, easy patterns to follow. Then after about 30 minutes she starts alternating band exercises with step exercises.

Today is my scheduled rest day #2 for the week. I want to workout this weekend on both days so I will take off today instead. I need a good rest because I want to do an Yvette Bachman workout tomorrow if I get a good nights sleep and I have to have a lot of energy for those workouts. The step with weight workouts really work the legs without bulking them.

Debbie, I am so glad you enjoyed your workouts today. I want to do some boxing workouts with less kicking, because those hurt my right knee, I will have to look through Cathe's and see which workouts have less kicking in them. I like to box with my weighted gloves, it really chisels your shoulders and upper body.

Doreen, I am going to do an Yvette workout tomorrow, I love those but they are hard for me so I cant do too many of them in a week. 2 max.

Diane Sue, Wow, you don't eat much in a day!!!! I have to have more food so i can do my workouts the next day. I try to get an egg in somehow and maybe some chicken with hummus. My problem is the snacking, instead of making a meal. I am so sick of cooking with all of the kids home i just end up snacking instead. Nice job on the workout yesterday. When i do a boxing workout, i have to shadow box because i do not have a heavy bag, but i do use the weighted gloves.

Belinda, i hope you have a great workout today. I will BBL to read your post.

Roselyn, i hope all is well with you.

Have an AWESOME Friday and stay healthy.

Reactions: WD
Hi ladies,

I did CL# 207 Cardio Fusion.

Jolie - enjoy your rest day today. Yvette's new workout looks good.

Debbie - thanks for the recipe. All their recipes looks amazing. How often do you go shopping for produce? Do you use can beans or do you buy them in bulk? I can't find any bulk lately, I been using can's at the moment. I do need to do a run to the grocery store soon. I am glad you enjoy the food and seeing some results. Great job on your workout today.

BBL!

Today I did Build and Burn Box and Tone Intervals, 25 minutes, heart rate 108 /144, 102 calories, 1,839 steps. I then did Raw Cardio Overload #2 wearing my 4# vest, 35 minutes, 197 calories, 3,316 steps. I finished with Fit Bit "down dog" ease upper body tension 16 minutes, 45 calories, heart rate 83/106, 18 steps. Total time was 76 minutes, calories burned 344, 5,173 steps.

Debbie, those are such fun workouts. I looked at the Interval's 5 thinking I would do it with the Build and Burn but decided against it since I had used the kettlebells the day before with the kickboxing. I really like the Raw Overload a lot as it is cardio and the step work is not really a whole lot of hopping around on the step. More like 1 foot on. She says you can do it on the floor. Usually I wear the 8# vest, but did not want to push it that much. No way I can flop my head around like Kelly does. I used to be able to do that. I just stretch side to side and turn side to side slowly. I have to be careful as my left side has a tendency to catch and then snap as I turn and can hurt. I know, my Fitbit lost my heart rate when I went down to the step for the squat thrust knee ins and then went to a crazy high peak for a few seconds when I was done and back to just standing work. At least I kind of know what it is doing. My high was mostly in the 145-148 range when I checked and according to the app.. Different carbs have different affects on people. I rarely eat beans. They were one of the foods that was problematic for me. I soaked them with seaweed and did everything trying to make them more digestible. I can handle a few black beans in a Mexican dish, but not a diet of them often. Same with hummus that I love. I recently bought two cans of garbanzos and finally realized it was them that was causing me digestive disturbance. Bloating and puffiness. I was trying to get the heart healthy diet right. Maybe the type of heavy bag makes a difference. Mine is definitely not soft. Neither was the 50# one I had before it.

Doreen, those sound like good workouts. I may have done the steady state one before.

Jolie, I hope you had a nice rest day. My calories tend to be lower lately which has been a bit of problem getting my weight back up a little since I can't hardly eat anything without it increasing my fat %. When my weight was up more I ate a lot more protein and fat. I can't eat enough fruits and vegetables to make up that difference. I have been adding some oatmeal which works. I buy gluten free. And I still can't get the fat % down that far. It generally tends to range between 35 and 40 % I used to eat 60%. The thing is part of my artery plaque can be attributed to the Rheumatoid arthritis, but I still need to be vigilant. The doctor gave me a so called plant based statin and I tried 3 times and gave up. I get mouth sores, my tongue swells and I feel really fatigued every time. Nope, I would rather watch my diet to prevent more. I keep a bowl of grapes in the refrigerator and when I am looking for a snack I grab some.
Tonight I made baked salmon and roasted sweet potato for my dinner. I use a herb crust seasoning mix I get from Sprouts for the Salmon.

Belinda, the dried beans shelves seem to be empty everywhere. Sprouts had a display of canned beans set up to sell. Nice work on CL Cardio Fusion today.

Good Morning,

I did Build & Burn Kettlebell Kickbox Fusion this morning after attempting to do 10 Rounds Cardio Footwork Boxing it was just way to confusing trying to concentrate on punches and footwork. I was up to Week 3 Day 3 but called it quits. I am still going into work but business is really slowing down people are just not coming in.

Today I had a fabulous workout, at least, once I got going... I had the worst nights sleep, hot flashes along with very warm weather, I doubt I got much sleep at all. I did get it together and did Yvette Bachman Moderate impact step emphasizing on Biceps, Shoulders and Triceps. 45 seconds of cardio, 12 to 15 reps weights and 30 seconds of core, repeating for 1 hour. I am spent. Workout was 1 hour, I added a few extra exercises and I burned 601 calories. Average was 131 and max was 177. I was dying during the cardio step drills but I made it through having to stop a few times early. I love these workouts for my legs!!! I have to keep doing these at least once per week if not two times per week. I looked back in my workout log and the only time I have lean legs is when I do this type of workout with explosive body weight moves. So, I have to do it because this is my problem area, even with all of the walking I do.

Diane Sue, I am going to try to eat as much of fruits and veggies that I can get down and eat some protein at dinner like chicken in a salad or my protein drink. I have to drop 10 pounds pronto, I am sick of carrying around this extra weight. I am going to check out the recipes that Debbie posted too. Last night I had an Asian Chicken Salad with avocado, carrots and ginger dressing. Yum.

Belinda, great job on the workout today and enjoy your walk, it is warm and sunny here today, how about where you live?

Roxie, welcome back and good job on your workout. Even though your work is slow, just be thankful that you did not get laid off. I am happy for you that you still get to go in. They will start opening up the states pretty soon, the population is going to demand it and you will be busy again :)

BBL to read your posts.

Have a beautiful day!

Jolie- I started taking Equelle for hot flashes took it for the first time last night. My doc tried switching my depression medicine to help but it just made things worse so she switched me back and my boss is telling me to get my hormones in line because I am an emotional mess at work she says I have to many highs and lows.

This morning I did Raw Box and Tone with 1# gloves, 30 minutes,178 calories, heart rate 138/162, 2,816 steps. I then did Raw Stretch and tone wearing my 3# ankle weights, 33 minutes, 38 calories, heart rate 86/116, 78 steps. Not enough sleep last night. Total time was 63 minutes, calories burned 216, 2,894 steps.

Belinda, hope your workout was a good one and your day is wonderful.

Roxie, sorry there is not much business in the pharmacy right now. I understand people not coming in, I guess. I would go to my pharmacy because they often have no more than one or two customers. But I usually get my arthritis med straight from the pharmacy at the arthritis center and I have them mail it unless I am going in for an appointment. It is not close to home. Hopefully things pick back up soon. We really need it to.
Nice work on doing Build and Burn Kettlebell kickbox fusion.

Jolie, nice work today. I think that the way Kelly does some step workouts and others with the weight vests help the legs a lot. I have a 4 and 8 # I use for cardio type workouts. I hear you on sleep. I had things bothering me and was up till 3 am and had a hard time sleeping. I woke up too early today. Hopefully I can make up for it and get to bed earlier tonight. I even had a glass of Ancient Nutrition rest and recovery collagen on top of my astaxathin/fish oil and magnesium I usually take. The rest and recovery has L glutamine, ashwagandha, tart cherry, and 350 mg of magnesium in it.
I hope you can find what works for you on diet. I love fruits and vegetables. My problem with vegetables is it seems I always end up using a little avocado oil or something to roast them, or add some sauce or dressing. Finding and making good low fat dressings is hard. I manipulated the Whole 30 ranch to bring the fat down. I bought some Primal Kitchen sesame ginger dressing that is not too bad. At least the fat is good fat as it uses avocado oil. Dressings with egg in them bring up the cholesterol.

I am addicted to the Youtube channel called "Hot & Flashy". It's a woman named Angie who is 57 years old and shows how us mature women should take care of our skin, put on makeup, etc. It is awesome. I've watched a few of her skincare regime clips and she uses a lot of stuff, but wow, does she look amazing. I also watched some of her makeup videos. Hot & Flashy obviously means hot flashes - LOL!! Search for her on Youtube if you are interested. I subscribed to her channel.

Belinda - I've been using Meijer's curbside pickup for a few weeks now, so I order my produce either every week or every other week. This morning my DH and I actually went to the store because I needed a lot of things. The shoppers do a really good job in picking very nice produce.

Question to all: Why are our farmers suffering right now? Aren't we all still eating food. I don't get it.

Jolie - Nice workout today, you killed it. Those workouts really intimidate me. I've tried hers before and just never really clicked with them.

Diane - Great job with your workout today, I love Box & Tone, such a fun workout. I'll need to try the Overload workouts, I think I've only done one of them and I do remember it was fun. Beans don't bother me too much, at least not that I've noticed.

Roxie - So weird how you are slow at work. People still need prescriptions. I'm assuming they are ordering online. Who does 10 Rounds Cardio Footwork Boxing?? Sounds interesting.

CL Total Body Tone up this morning. I really enjoyed this one. Maybe I will keep CL for a bit after all. The last few workouts with just Cathe have been really good IMO.

Debbie-its a new Beachbody program only available to coaches right now and the instructor is Joel Freeman. Coming from farm country farmers are always struggling

Debbie, I will have to check out that youtube channel. There was an older woman that I watched do her makeup and she looked so young and glamorous and not like the same person when she was done. She had quite the arsenal of products preparing her face before the make up and everything.
Like Roxie says, farmers are always struggling. My relatives in Nebraska have farmed for years and the old family farm is being run by my uncle. It seems a lot of them have other jobs alongside the farming. There are those that are struggling financially that are probably pinching pennies when shopping.
It is my understanding that with restaurants, schools, and the like not running businesses, that there is less need for food. Milk is being dumped because the cost of packaging to sell it differently than how it is done for businesses is not worth it. I heard potatoes because there is not a big demand for restaurant French fries?? Farmers always seem to have problems with weather and crops. Rules and regulatory things. Anyway if there is not enough demand they are left with products that they cannot sell. Also we buy a lot of stuff from other countries. It seems a lot of our produce is not from our country. I was pleased when I saw my blueberries actually came from one of the states. Why we send chicken to another country to process never made sense to me. I think I saw something about that on the news recently. Maybe we send them to China. I guess it is sort of a chain of events that affect the farmers livelihood.

Roselyn, nice work with 4DS.

Doreen, do you think Cathe is changing up some of the workouts? Did you pre-order her new Dvds yet? I have hardly looked at what they will contain. I just remember 1 low impact workout.

Good morning my BEAUTIFUL friends and happy Sunday! I feel great today, but I am sore in the legs from the workout yesterday. Today I did Cathe Live, All in Upper Body again, I really like this workout. I like that you don't repeat exercises one after the other, I like there is something new coming each set. Workout was 52 minutes. Then I got on my rowing machine and put it on the hardest resistance and rowed for 50 strokes. Boy, were my legs and back screaming by the end. I burned a total of 401 calories.

Debbie, I love youtube, I watch it on my phone while I lay in bed watching the news each night. I will check her out, it sounds amazing. I get so many great ideas off YouTube. I love Yvette Bachman, you should try another one and see if you feel the same way now. Every single workout can be modified, I have to do it but they are really tuff stuff :)

Roselyn, what have you been up to lately? Do you get to go back to work in May? Nice workout and I love Yvette too!

Belinda, I hope you have a great workout today or walk, which ever one you choose to do!

Diane Sue, I make a great Balsamic dressing with vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, shallots, garlic, a little agave, salt and pepper. I put it on a salad with spinach, pecans, goat cheese, dried cranberries and green apple. It is so good, I might just make one for dinner tonight!

Doreen, I am sure you are out bike riding or hiking today in "God's Country" so enjoy the day!

I have to do something about my hair, I will put an ash toner on it and root smudge the root area to blend with the highlights. I am looking scary.

Have a wonderful day.

Today is a rest day of sorts. I did Fit Bit yoga workouts. Yoga Studio Connection to Core A (they have different lengths of connection to core A and B) This nw was 36 minutes, 34 calories. I just click on the log workout at the end of the workout and do not pull it direct from my watch. This one had 70 steps. It was a lot of core moves that are yoga based involving planks and lying work raising legs and pulses, crunch with leg lifts. I then did Barre 3 Undo and Renew which is a nice mobility and stretch yoga style, 11 minutes, 30 calories 89 steps.

Hi everyone,

Rest day for me today.

Debbie - DH and I went to the grocery store today. Shelves are empty, WTH? I haven't gone to the one in town for weeks. I don't get it? I wanted to buy ingredients for next week, got only a few ideas.Very frustrating to go grocery shopping when others hoarding food. Nobody is buying the produce, it looked old :( Maybe I will try to order some produce during the week. Maybe I have better luck. I will check out youtube. Thanks!

Jolie - I have to check that workout out since you like it a lot. I couldn't go for a walk today, it's raining.

Off to relax. Have a great Sunday everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.