Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check-In for June, 2019

This morning I did Coffey Fit raw Kickboxing and Olympic Lifts using a 40# barbell, 49 minutes(45 actual) 316 calories, met 8.3, 134 average, 167 max heart rate, 3,316 steps. I then did the Raw Core Moves that I missed yesterday, 25 minutes, 266 steps, met 4.5, 86 calories, heart rate 101 average, 129 max. Total time was 74 minutes, 402 calories, 3,582 steps.
Kickboxing and Olympic Lifts
punches and ducking
deadlift/high pull 2 sets of 8 reps
bob, hook punches adding in squat thrusts/ then front and side kicks/ repeat other side
clean from the hip 2 sets 8 reps
double jab, hook back kick, squat pops repeat all on the other side
clean only 2 sets 8 reps
upper cuts, squat heel clicks,
push press 2 sets 8 reps
punches high and low cross adding on cross jacks knee knee jacks repeat on other side
full clean and press 4 reps 2 sets
punches and jacks finishing with the stretch

Roselyn, Cathe live is a good deal with everything. But, I got tired of it as much seemed the same. I had come to a point where I was repeating a few of the same workouts over and over again. I just decided to wait awhile till there was plenty of new stuff to try when I get bored again. I have not tried BB so I can't say there.

Belinda, I think the PHA workouts are meant to keep the heart rate up so there is not a lot of rest. It really does help to have a rundown of all of the moves ahead of time. I really do not like having to preview and write down the moves before I workout. If you liked it and think you will do it again, I would write down the exercises.

Debbie, I really like that workout and have stopping point time written down if I want to split it etc.. I have done it quite a bit. Yes, Arnold was huge at one time. It is nice that he is still keeping in shape as he gets older. My husband and I laugh when one of us will make a comment about someone being old or aging a lot and then remind ourselves we are the same age or close. I figure I am not any older than I feel, and I guess I do not feel that old. I hope that what ever is going on with you just goes away. I have pulled out my work sheets for Body Beast and looked. As much as I loved it at the start and did it almost 3 times through at first, I just can't get excited about doing it again.

Last edited:
Belinda, try her earlier workouts they go at a better pace and I kind a like the format better than her current ones. I still love Cathe live workouts I’m just not liking her newest ones.

Today I did Yvette's Cardio/Heavy weights/ Core Circuit and had a kick a## workout! 45 seconds of cardio, Chest or Triceps weight work, 8 to 12 reps ( I went up in weights and went really heavy ) then 30 seconds of core. I sub out all of the plank work to core or ab work and if it was too high impact I just modified. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 632 calories. Then i did 15 minutes on the elliptical, interval mode and traveled 1.5 miles, and I burned 184 calories. Total calories burned was 816. Average heart rate was 126 max was 176. Every morning I walk my dog .5 miles down a steep hill and then back up. I wore my fitbit today and I burned 201 calories in 21 minutes. I dont walk fast because my little dog likesto pee so damn much on all of the bushes! Drives me nuts :).. With that said, I am basically getting 1000 calories burned by the end of my workout each day. Why am I so overweight looking? I look like a Sharpei dog in the mid section from having babies. Jeez, that was 19 years ago! I guess that is what happens to your body when you are 35 years old having children. I am having body image issues right now, I always compare myself to 21 year old ladies, why do I do that? I just want to be really lean and I can never get there, I like snacking too much i guess. This is why I am amping up my cardio. I had a repair man in yesterday and he looked at my treadmill. The motor s gone, too many miles on it. I am getting a refurbished motor to replace it so I will be able to walk on it as soon as the part comes in. I looked back at my workouts from over the years and when i walk steep inclines, that is when I am the leanest. Now, keep in mind i am in menopause now so being over weight through the mid section seems to be my destiny right now. But, not for long. When the hot flashes go away, my weight starts to drop. Sorry for all the jibber jabber but I have things to say today :)

Debbie, Good idea going back to Body Beast, i love that workout, but there are few days for cardio which I am loving right now. I think you should try at least one Yvette workout, just to make me happy :) Great workout today, I am glad your side is not hurting. Shame on you Dr. for not responding.

Belinda, great job on PHA, that is one of my favorites. I also love Vertical loading and her upper body workouts. Try Glassboro Road Trip, both Debbie and I like that workout. I might do Vertical Loading tomorrow :)

DOZ, you are killing it with the workouts, great job on STS Legs, that is a killer workout.

Roselyn, nice workout.

Diane Sue, nice workout, I have never tried that Olympic workout, but I did look into once, looks interesting.
It is finally sunny here today, i am excited to do some yard work and get outside. Maybe a walk at the beach.

Have a nice day.

Reactions: WD
I will go on vacation to Florida on Saturday, we will be in Fl 7 day's. We will be somewhere on the Golf? I still have no idea where we are going, lol? It's my birthday present from my DH. We also are going to Hawaii for 2 weeks in August. DH isn't telling me were we are going The only know I am going to Turtle Bay :) Never been to Hawaii. It will be our Anniversary present. I am super excited! Today I tried to pack my suitcase, one of the wheels isn't working. We had do a run to Costco for a midsize suitcase :) I only have carry ones and big suitcases. Costco has the best prices on suitcases, IMO. We usually buy Samsonite, this time I bought another brand similar to Samsonite but cheaper. DH and I will go to Ohio to a a wedding July 20th.

Roselyn - I agree with Debbie :) I loved L4.

Jolie - my friend is off this week, she wants to do another workout tomorrow and Friday. Yeah! Thank you..I will recommend those to my friend. I am sure, she doesn't mind. Wow, on your cal burn :) Last few day's I am getting that kinda burn too. I am moving nonstop, getting ready for our vacation. We leave on Saturday. I am looking forward to a vacation. I know what you mean on the weight. I feel like I am on a roller coaster. I am up than go down. Changing things up L4/80Days really helped change things up. I log my food into MyFitnesspal.com that helps too. I don't eat enough food according to MFP, I am always way under my recommended calorie intake. If I am not hungry I don't eat :) It's so hot lately. I am finally dropping weight again. Give it some time, you will loss weight again. Stick with what you are doing. Being in menopause doesn't help. Never had hot flashes thank goodness :) I did had a lot of other problems since my 30's :(

Diane - I did like the workout today. Most people in the live workouts are used to her workouts, I assume they do them weekly. had trouble keeping up with Cathe :) No worries, I added all the extra reps at the end. didn't wanted to miss out on the reps. I am sure most of them don't have a clue what is coming up next. Next time I probably will have all my weights/BB right in front of me. Maybe it will speed up the pace. I was sweating like crazy, lol. My friend came over picked a workout, did the workout. I didn't preview and write down the moves before I workout. Just did it like a live workout. Like I said, I really liked it. Now I want more! Great job with your workout today. My friend wants to do a cardio workout tomorrow, can't wait to try one of her cardio workout. I am thinking signing up for a month. DH want to try them too. It has to wait until we come back from vacation.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Quick check-in, my workout today, I did STS Strength Legs combined with STS Back & biceps, it was awesome. Eating has been terrible lasts few day, not going to sweat it tho; just keep pushing. Have a good night.

Today I did some cardio starting with my Max Trainer. There are some new coach workouts out there so I tried one called Max Push 10 HD w/Jared which is a 10 minute one that had 8 - 15 second sprint intervals with 1 minute rest. Great workout, I really liked it. This is finally getting a bit easier for me. I love this machine!!

Workout was 11 minutes, burned 83 calories, went .32 miles and did 777 steps. HR was 136/178 so I really got it up there at times.

Then I got on my treadmill and walked on a 3% incline for 30 minutes. Burned an additional 199 calories, went 1.5 miles and did 3571 steps. HR was 116/127 so good fat burning range.

ETA: I also did Karen Voight's Yoga Stretch. Best stretch workout ever. Love that one!

I have decided to start Body Beast and I'm actually excited about it. I was just going to do the workouts on my own because I don't know if I can handle the testosterone filled jabber, but I have no idea what the rest periods are between each set, etc. I'll suck it up and listen to Sagi belittle his fellow workout partners. LOL!! I want to start tomorrow but I guess I'll wait until Monday.

Diane - I'm not sure I'd like the Olympic lifts. That sort of lifting isn't fun for me. Nice job with it, though!! And you are right, we are only as old as we feel. I'm constantly being told I do not look like I'm 53 - more like in my upper 30's. That is a huge compliment. I guess we are doing the right thing with our workouts and eating healthy. It is paying off.

Jolie - I highly doubt you look like a sharpei dog. LMAO! We are our own worst critics. You said not that long ago that your husband commented on how lean you are getting - that is huge coming from a husband. They see us every day and never notice changes in us much - just like we don't with them. For him to say that I think is huge. I'm sure you could eat better - couldn't we all? But what fun is that? I remember when I was so strict with my food I never allowed myself to eat anything good. It got me no where. I had a cut body with quite a bit of muscle, but I was missing out on fun times due to turning everything down because I was afraid of eating the wrong thing. Anyways, with all the working out you do, I can't imagine that you are even fluffy! Glad you are getting your treadmill fixed. I still love mine. LOL on me trying a Yvette workout to make you happy!! We'll see...

Belinda - Wow, very cool on your vacation coming up and going to Hawaii soon. I want to go to Hawaii too, one of my DH's sisters lives there and we are planning on going to see her, just not sure when. I'm sure you will have fun with both vacations!!!

Roselyn - What is your decision on BB?

DOZ - Great job on your workout yesterday!

Doreen - Where are you?

Roxie - Where are you?

Have a great day everyone!!

Last edited:
Ok, the cry baby from yesterday is back, and I did Cathe Live Total Body Reps, Workout # 22 and had the best workout! This is a high rep workout using the BB and DB's with multi rep patterns. This is a great workout for a plateau buster, which I need, so I will be doing it again. I should have gone heavier on some exercises but I am a little sore from yesterdays workout, I lifted really heavy for Chest and Triceps. I like Cathe's older workouts better so I am going to go back to the beginning of Live workouts and start doing those instead of the current ones that are coming out each week. This one reminded me of Power Hour :) Workout was 1 hour and I burned 471 calories.

Debbie, I know I am hard on myself, I am a control freak and a perfectionist!!!! Is that good or bad? Well, you had a good workout and enjoy doing BB with Sagi. I know, he is brutal to the guys in the workout, it is almost funny or just sad! l love that workout but the 4 days on of weight lifting gives me not enough days for cardio. Last time I skipped legs and that was incorporated in my cardio days on the elliptical. However, this time I wouldn't do that because I am seeing really great results from incorporating legs in just about every day or every other day. That is my problem area along with my gut :)

Belinda, have a great time on your vacation. Please tell your friend to try the workout I did today, I loved it!

DOZ, kickin butt on the workout yesterday!

I have an appointment, actually a lunch date with my realtors would found me this house to discuss me going into Real Estate. They are two gals about the same age as me that started a few years ago and they are going to give me their opinion and how to get started if I decide to do so. I am just excited to get together with some ladies, i am always around men.

Have a great day, misty and slightly raining here again today!

Hi everyone,

I did my workout awhile ago, got distracted with packing and unpacking my suitcase, lol :) I have a feeling I still bring way to many clothes. Anyway, I did the RT 2015 Kickboxing today, it was a lot of fun. I recognized a lot of the RT'ers. There was a lady on a small rebounder, I met her on one of the RT. It was fun seeing familiar faces. This one was really fun. I kept everything low impact.

Debbie - that is so cool you have family in Hawaii. You should go visit them every year, lol. I am super excited about my upcoming vacation. Doreen is on vacation this week.

Jolie - thanks you. I will ask her tomorrow if we could do the one you recommend. I am so glad you get to meet and give you their opinion :) Good luck with everything!

Roxie - what are your plans for today?

Roselyn - have fun with your workout.

DOZ - great job on STS Legs. One of my favorite leg workouts.

Diane - have fun with your workout today.

That's it for me today. Not sure, if I will get my walk in or not? I get a weight workout in the morning with my friend.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Home Gym Intervals 2 using the spin bike and 10# and 8# dumbbells, 36 minutes met 7.0, 204 calories, 1,221 steps, heart rate 128 average, 156 max. I followed with Kelly's Strength and Stamina Bonus step workout 22 minutes, met 9.0, 167 calories, heart rate average 147, max 172, 2,239 steps. I went swimming with my daughter and grandson this afternoon for 45 minutes. We would probably stayed longer, but some of the grounds keepers came into the pool area and were unloading begonias and hoses. We decided to leave
1f642.png
:) Be back in a bit. I need to go start dinner.

Jolie, I am sure you do not look like a sharpei.(switch the ie and you would be a sharpie :p You are being hard on yourself. That is the problem, women tend to compare themselves to other women. We need to stop doing that. Why are we so critical of ourselves and even other women? Men, do not seem to have the need to size each other up on their looks. I think we all go through those times where we feel really extra down on ourselves, but no one else sees it.
You can fight off the extra midsection problem. Just keep up the workouts and adjust the diet accordingly. Those hormones are working overtime right now.
Glad you had a great workout today.

Belinda, that is so awesome that you are getting in a birthday vacation and one to Hawaii. We went to the gulf once and drove down the coast and rented a private yacht cruise just us and the guy taking us out. It was really nice. I have not been to Hawaii. My husband spent 6 months there though with military. I could have went, but was tied up with things at home. You are going to have a blast.

Doz, nice work today. You can get the eating under control.

Debbie, I always thought it was a bit rude that Sagi made fun of his guys. I guess they were not showing that they were bothered too much. It seems he should be building them up. Good workouts though. I am not a real fan of olympic lifting either. There was some of that in Hammer and Chisel. Kelly used two 20's and the other lady used a 33 lb barbell. It was not too bad since it was just two sets of 8 reps and then back to kickboxing though. I noticed that Raw Home Gym Intervals 2 Kelly does the cardio all on the floor. For some reason I thought she used a treadmill. I know I have done it before though. I used the spin bike, hence not many steps, plus that one has shorter cardio segments and more weight work.

I have decided to keep Beachbody I want to do Lyft for and sagi hard labor week. And I’m thinking of another round of body beast myself and there’s a lot of programs on there I’d like to try

Good Evening,

KCM Cardio Quick Fix 1 this evening it was the challenge video. I can tell I am out of shape this workout was tough.

Debbie-we had ballgames Monday and Wednesday an daughter and family came over Tuesday.

Good morning,

I just finished my workout. We did Live High Reps. It was amazing. I can't believe she did chest work after triceps, that was brutal. I used the mini loops instead of the band. My triceps were on fire. The workout was probably one of the best so far. Loved it! It moves fast, got a really good burn in my upper/lower body. The ab workout on the end was very good too. I had to drop to 5's, couldn't hold my arms up anymore, lol Loved it! The workout was a little over an hour.

Jolie - thanks for the recommendation on High Reps. I loved the workout from start to finish. I agree, probably one of her best workouts. I was sweating buckets. I feel like my upper body/lower body is falling off. I had to drop my weights on some of the exercises. Amazing workout. Loved it! It does reminded me of her older workouts. Those low pulses, boy they got my legs good. When she took a break than went back for 2 sets of 8th. I was like you got to be kidding me, lol. My legs burned like hell, lol :) Thanks again! So you like any weight workouts before 2019? I probably will sign up for a month when I get back. DH and I will go to a wedding in July. We shall see!

Diane - we decided a long time ago, not too gift material things for xmas/birthday a.s.o. Instead we go on vacations or do something with the family. I already have everything I need. I been to FL a lot but never Hawaii. I am super excited about both vacations. For years DH and I always talk about going to Hawaii, we always something else came up. I am so excited. Nice job yesterday.

Roselyn - I think you like L4. It's an amazing program. I probably will do the program again later this year.

Roxie - nice job yesterday.

Have a great day and workout, everyone.

Last edited:
Today I just wanted to something simple and easy (ha!) because I'm starting Body Beast on Monday and wanted to give my body a break. Well, that didn't happen. I did Kelly's RAW Upper Body Blast. Wow, I forgot how tough this workout is.

4 sets each exercise - 30 seconds on/10 seconds off (you do each exercise for 4 sets/30 seconds and then move onto the next exercise - killer)

Bench Press - 30#
Barbell Shoulder Press - 10's - these killed me
Dumbbell Flies - 15's
Lateral Raise - 10's
Skate & Curl - 10's
Squat/Hammer Curl/Jump - 10's
Barbell Row - 30#
Dips
Seated Reverse Flies
- 12's
Skull Crushers - 10's
V-Ups

I took breaks between each exercise change, this was hard. I don't now how Kelly does this whole thing literally without stopping. She is amazing. I was afraid of injuring myself so I took short breaks and stretched.

Workout was 43 minutes, burned 339 calories and HR was 144/182.

Also got on my treadmill for a bit, walked 1.13 miles, burned 174 calories and did 2783 steps. HR was 121/147 (it was up because there was a cat in my front yard and my other two cats went nuts - so before they started attacking each other because they do that, I ran outside and chased the stupid cat away. Why can't people keep their pets in their own yards?)

Jolie - LOL! You are not a cry baby, we all get that way. I've certainly done my share of complaining on here. I'll have to check out Cathe's older workouts then, I didn't know they were different from her newer ones. I won't be doing her for a while, though, probably only her KB workouts. I think with BB I can get some cardio in after the workouts so I was planning on hopping on my Max Trainer even if I just do a 5 or 10 minute workout on it. At least it's something. And with the one other day of cardio I can do KB or something. I was thinking of maybe doing both Shoulders and Legs together and then I will free up a 2nd day for cardio. I'm glad you are seeing results in your legs - me too. I'm happy I can do leg work again. Update us on your lunch, anxious to hear how it went.

Belinda - I'm sure we'll get to Hawaii soon. We just need to sit and plan it. We were talking about maybe Christmas time for a week, so we'll see. Would be fun. Have a great time on your vacation, we will miss you! Was the workout you did today Cathe's?

Diane - I know Sagi is probably joking with those guys but it's really annoying, I might just turn the sound off and play my own music. I just want to get the rest periods right and I know it is different with each set. I don't think I've done the RAW Home Gym 2 yet, I don't remember her doing cardio on the floor. Weird. Nice job on it, though, those are great workouts.

Roselyn - Glad you are keeping BB, there are a lot of excellent workouts on there. You will like it. Use it for 6 months and then cancel it. That's what I did.

Roxie - Nice job on your workout! You'll get back to it once you start working out more.

Have a great day everyone! It's Friday!!!

This morning's workout was Coffey Fit Raw Strong and Lean (one of my favorites) 47 minutes, met 7.0, 281 calories, heart rate average 120, max 156, 2,491 steps. I followed this with Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Overload version 1 wearing my 8# vest, 33 minutes, heart rate average 130, max 165, 2,192 steps, met 7.5, 209 calories. Total time was 80 minutes, 490 calories, 4,683 steps. I have to go out shopping for birthdays we are celebrating Sunday.

Debbie, Kelly says on Home Gym Intervals 2 that you can use your equipment, but that one she does regular cardio. Nice work on that one today. I personally think cats are safer when people keep them inside the house.

Roselyn, that sounds like a god choice for you.

Roxie, I saw the Cardio Quick Fix on the challenge and would have done it, but it is one of the few Kelly dvds that I do not have.

Belinda, nice work today. I think places like Beach Body are raking in the money when they get people to sign up for enough months to complete a program. You do it again and you are probably more than paying what the dvds would have cost if they were selling them. I am sure they love streaming LOL Not that I don't enjoy it, I am just saying the costs are probably much less for them when they are not getting dvds made.

Today is my scheduled rest day, my body is so tired from yesterdays workout. :) Yes, I had a great lunch yesterday with my realtor friends I met leasing this house that I am in now. The meeting went awesome, they think I should defiantly get into the business, they said I would kill it because I am so outgoing and will talk to anyone about anything :) I want to get a partner to work with so I can still be a mom and also leave town to go see my sons football games and still be able to run a business. The first step is to get my license so I need to look into that and start the process. Then I need to find a broker to work with and get going. I am excited but it is daunting to start all over again.

Belinda, when I have a chance, I will post a list of my favorite Cathe Live workouts so you don't have to do a trial and miss like I had to do. Go back to the very beginning, those are the best and the hardest. Great job on the workout, you are so funny, I felt the exact same way :) Those low ends damn near killed me. I am feeling the plie squats today LOL!

Debbie, great workout today, that looks like a great one to try. All Cathe's live workouts from 2014 and 2015 are so much better, in my opinion, than the newest ones. However, there are some newer ones that I like but not as many as the older ones. Maybe because she is aging just like us, it is causing her to change her workouts and how to do them without getting injured or something like that? I like more body building type of lifting not all of this compound movements and plank work :( I think if you do the legs and shoulders together that is a great idea, I know how much you love your cardio so to give a lot of that up never sits well with you :)

Diane Sue, great workout today! Do you ever use your tread climber anymore? I was looking at that on line and it looks cool.

Gotta run, have a awesome Friday, we have rain here today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is almost July, this is un heard of in CA.

Jolie, I don't use my tread climber like I would if it was upstairs in my workout room. I would much rather use it for the Ripped and Ride and Home Gym Intervals workouts that Kelly has. I was tempted when I did home Gym Intervals 2, but since my husband had just used it, I felt I should give it a rest. It is a lot harder than just using a treadmill. When I first got it, I thought, gee it only goes to 4.5 miles an hour. After using it fro quite some time, I do not go that fast. It requires hanging on to the hand rail at least with one hand for me and struggling to keep up. You are climbing, walking, and using pressure on the treadles all at the same time. It is work. Right now my husband is really working it for a fitness test for work. I am sure when he gets on a treadmill for the test it will be so much easier than what he has been doing.
You would do great at being a realtor. I understand the partner thing though. Most decisions can be made once you get your license.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Kickbox and Contour, 42 minutes, heart rate average 130, max 158, met 7.5, 269 calories, 2,563 steps. I then did Kelly Coffey's Cardio Blast Athletic Step, 35 minutes, heart rate 145, max 175, 3,164 steps, 244 calories, met 8.4. I finished off with YouTube Sarah Beth Yoga hips and shoulders, 20 minutes, 35 calories, 77 steps. Total time was 97 minutes, 548 calories, 5,804 steps.
Family birthday after church tomorrow, so maybe a stretch before, if I have the time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.