Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check-In for July, 2019

This morning I did CL 223 Low Impact Blast off Circuit. Starting with LI hiit and then circuits including lower body and upper body but stopping before core. I remembered today how frequently Cathe does shoulders and switched in some back work instead of a couple shoulder moves. Then I did a Sydney Cummings 30 minute Total body dumbell (skipping the warm up) so the two spliced together was about 55 mintues.

We live in a cul de sac and one set of renters next to us had three families living there with 6 cars!! Talk about a parking mess. The USPS kept giving them warnings about the mailbox blocked. So glad when they moved out!! Some more recent cul de sacs in the city actually have little parking lots for visitors to park.

Belinda, I am sure that you will get plenty of workouts in :) If you have a day or 2 off it won't hurt. Maybe some extra walking or something. I know those events wreak havoc on the diet.

Doreen, we have the little parking lot areas throughout our complex. Since we are in a dead in circle and their is a couple of little side shoots one facing a house and one the woods, our guests sometimes just park on the side of our house in that part of the street. It helps though as the driveways for most of these homes are short. They won't accommodate more than one or two cars. Fortunately ours is one that can park two cars. There are some up the street where I see people with their suv's having to park diagonally so they aren't sticking out in the street. I don't think we would have even considered purchasing one of those.

I believe that Debbie is on a staycation. I think she said she was taking the week off.

Today I did a walk outside with my dog, 1 mile and I burned 151 calories, then I did my workout walk, 1 hour and 50 minutes and I burned 1,029 calories. 1 hour and 17 minutes were in the peak heart rate zone, 20 minutes in the cardio zone and 13 minutes in the fat burning zone. Average heart rate was 143 and max was 179. I went up some very steep hills again and boy do I burn the calories, especially when the first hill is over a mile long. Total calories burned were 1,180. After that, I got showered and took my dog to the outlet mall and walked for another hour. What a day of walking! I am already over 20,000 steps for the day :)

Great job on the workouts everyone.

My dentist appointment went great, 2 new teeth and I am happy about that! One more crown to go :( I swear, it never ends for me at the dentist.

Have a great day.

Good morning,

Today I did Ramped Up UB . My UB is fried doing them back to back. I have done all my upper body workouts for this week. I will do Brazilian Butt Lift later. My LB is still sore from the other day, lol.

Great job yesterday, everyone! BBL

Reactions: WD
This morning I did MMA boxing On Demand. Not a terribly tough workout but I've been wanting to try it.
I recognized a couple combos from one of the Cathe Live kickboxing. It must be really hard to keep coming up with new stuff and then remembering them!

Today I did Cathe Live Barbell Upper Body, I loved it!!!!!!! This is lite weight and very high reps with different rep patterns. Boy, is this a plateau buster! You think that Cathe is lifting way too lite, well you just wait, you will be screaming if you have the correct weight on the Barbell. My arms are so pumped, how will I blow dry my hair :) Since I am not lifting heavy this month due to my back recovery, I might do this a lot, it is only 42 minutes and she ads some core at the end with a stretch. You could also do this workout and add in some cardio after the workouts. I haven't used a Barbell in so long, it hits the muscles differently than Dumbbells.

It is a pretty day here today, breezy and sunny, the beach looks wonderful from my gym room.

Belinda, great job on the upper body workouts this week!

Doreen, I don't love MMA because I think it is a little easy but I have done it numerous times in the past.

BBL to read all of your posts.

This morning I did Kelly Coffey's Cardio Kick Step Boxing horizontal step mix(she turns the step vertical first half and horizontal second) This was 40 minutes, 249 calories, met 7.0, heart rate average 134, max 169, 3,378 steps. I took my grandson to his day camp and stopped at Sprouts for a couple of items and then did 15 minutes of Coffey Fit Raw Run with Me using the Tread Climber, heart rate average 127, max 161, 103 calories, 1, 390 steps. I finished off with Raw stretch, 28 minutes, 66 steps, 67 calories. Total time was 83 minutes, 419 calories, 4,834 steps.

Jolie, that is a lot of walking. Aren't you tired? Great calorie burn and amount of steps though. If I burned that many calories I would probably want to eat everything in the house to make up for it :p There is definitely a difference in the feel of using a barbell and dumbbells and the way the weight is distributed. That is great that you have two new teeth. Sorry you have another crown to do though.

Roselyn, nice work.

Belinda, I bet you will feel the back to back upper body workouts. Nice work :)

Doreen, is that the from the MMA Shock Cardio workouts. I have noticed moves pop back up into different dvds as well. Like in the ab work on the Lite series.

Good evening,

Treat job yesterday, everyone! DH and I will take early tomorrow morning. I will check in sometime tomorrow when I get a break.

Jolie - great job on your walks and cal burn. I am so sorry about your crown. I had one done a few years ago, it was the tooth from hell. I had constant pain in that too. Last year, they wanted to pull that tooth, the doc said I had a cracked tooth :( Although he couldn't see one, he was sure I had one:( I am glad I didn't listen to him. I wasn't gonna let anyone just to pull my tooth out if they can't show me it's a cracked tooth. Guess, what..invisalign took care of that problem. I think one of my tooth next to (the one I had the crown done shifted once that tooth straightened out, the pain was gone :) I think it hit a nerve from my lower teeth shifting. I don't want to go through that again. I had a painful few years.

Diane - yeah, my UB is feeling it. Need to give them a break. BBL

Last edited:
Today is my rest day, I have a mammogram scheduled. Now, I am nervous to get on with everything we all have been discussing about them but it has been a year and a half so I am going to do it. Going forward I will find a thermography place and start doing that instead of mammograms.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and where is everyone? DOZ, Roselyn, Roxie, I hope you are getting in some great workouts!

This morning I got started extra early and did Kelly Coffey's Cardio Sculpt Fitness cardio only mix with abs, 39 minutes, heart rate average 128, max 164, met 7.0, 248 calories, 3,087 steps. I brought my foam roller downstairs and am going to do the Raw foam roller stretch in a bit. I took my grandson to his camp and stopped to get some things for birthday cake for my daughter's birthday family gathering Sunday. Her birthday is today. I went to bed and woke up with such a massive headache. I am going to have to forego the Motrin and Excedrin. I have not used it more than twice a day and mostly 1 tablet, but I am afraid of rebound headaches which are the worst things ever. So, I will try ice and foam rolling today. Finding time is not always easy. I was going to go to the store and shop for a birthday present while I was out, but just felt I needed to come home. Maybe tomorrow I will get a present bought.

Belinda, a break sounds in order. Have fun!!

Jolie, I was worried with the mammogram. I stood there thinking well at least the time getting it done is much shorter and they squeeze less with the newer equipment, than what they used to use. The thermography website I went to shows how they work and also has a note that it is not to replace the mammogram. Anyway, I think it would be a good idea to do the thermography instead part of the time. Too bad medical insurance does not pay for it. Here is a link to the ones here, you might check out the videos and info. https://breastandbodythermographycenter.com/

Sydney Cummings 50 minute full body strength this morning. Loved this one. It was set up like a vertical loading - starting at the top of the body and working down to legs.

Happy Friday everyone!!

Last edited:
Today I went for a 6.68 mile walk, 2 hours and I burned 897 calories. I also took my dog for a 1 mile dog walk so I have already walked 17,159 steps for the day. Average heart rate was 111 and max was 169. I feel great, the hills were really steep and my legs and glutes felt it good. :)

Roselyn, great job on BB Bulk legs and doing Shaun yesterday!

Doreen, I have never done that workout before, where do you get it? Is it online or a dvd?

Diane Sue, I hope you have a nice workout today.

BBL to read your posts. DOZ, Roxie and Debbie, I hope you are enjoying your time off.

Happy Friday.

Hello everyone! You are all rockin' your workouts. I sure do miss my workout room. But I was just in it and I got a short walk in which felt great. It's over 100 degrees here, which is unheard of, so my dh and I are staying home today.

We've had fun this week, went to Kelly's Island, Amish country, our favorite town, Vermilion (where we want to eventually buy a house and live) and Sandusky to visit a museum. I think we are about done going places, but we did have a good time this week. Eating has been HORRIBLE!!

I walked for 41 minutes, 2 miles, burned 261 calories and did 4865 steps. HR was 111/128.

Jolie - Holy smokes, how can you get almost 7 miles in 2 hours. Amazing!! Nice job!! My steps have been pretty good, at least I've gotten 10k in each day, I'm happy about that!

Looking forward to Monday where I will continue with Body Beast!! Have a great weekend everyone!!

BTW - What does it mean when someone "follows" you on this forum?

This morning I did Raw Step 2, 41 minutes, 288 calories, heart rate average 145, max 169, 3,743 steps.
That was it for me. Still am avoiding weight work because of the arm and shoulder pain. Hopefully next week is better than this. Besides I am staying way busy.

Roselyn, nice work with Shaun week 4.

Doreen, the vertical loading sounds type work would be great. Looks like a good workout.

Jolie, that was some walk today.

Debbie, it sounds like you have had a pleasant vacation. You can't go to Amish country without consuming some calories LOL You will get right back on track, just enjoy yourself. I bet getting in a walk felt good.

Diane - What happened to your shoulder and arm? Hope it gets better soon.

Belinda - Where abouts in Ohio are you? It's HOT here this weekend. Not usually like this.

Debbie, I am not sure. I am wondering if it was the steering wheel up and down move with the weight plate on the Ripped and Ride workout. It felt uncomfortable and I did that workout twice within a week. I know Body Beast did a twisting movement with a weight plate but it was not fast with arms moving up and down at the same time and then swinging side to side like Kelly does. It may be it just aggravated something that was already there. Also the arthritis flare up kick in at times. My hand joints are sore right now as well. But the thing is I have a spot on the front of my shoulder that is tender when I put pressure on it.

Good morning,

Sorry for not checking in, long day yesterday. Thursday about 50 miles from Ohio we got a warning sign on our car. DH called the Ford dealer to make sure it wasn’t safe to drive. We have a Ford Fusion Hybrid. Yesterday the car stopped running, we got jumped twice. No ford dealership in Toledo was able to get us in until next week. DH went to Auto Zone and had them put in a new battery. Of course that took us to different places, not everyone carries batteries for a hybrid car. That was a lot fun in that heat. Today is the wedding, I will try to get a quick workout in. BBL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.