Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check-In for July, 2019

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I am starting us off today. I came home last night at midnight. Up early to get my workout in. DH and I did PHA this morning.

I will be back later to catch up on personals.

Reactions: WD
Today I did Body Beast: Tempo - Chest & Tri's. Yea, I'm gonna be sore tomorrow. This one is sort of boring with the slow counts, but you can sure feel it. Great workout!!

This is what I did:

Each set was a count of 6/6, 6/3, 3/3 with 15/12/8 reps
Chest Press: 12.5's/15's/25's
Figure & Crunch: 10 reps each side (abs)

Incline Press: 12.5's/17.5's/22.5's
Cricket Crunch: 10 reps each side (abs)

Incline Fly: 12.5's/17.5's/22.5's
Tempo Plank: Alternating 6 counts for full plank, dropping down for 6 counts on elbows - 7 reps (supposed to be 10 reps)

EZ Bar Skull Crusher: 10#/15#/20#
EZ Bar Crunch: 20# (abs)

One Arm Triceps Kickback: 7.5#/8#/8#
Superset w/
Dips: 7/12/8 reps (first set was 6/6 count for 15 reps and I just couldn't do it. These killed)
Plank Twist/Twist: 5 reps (killer, was supposed to be 10 reps)

Workout was 55 minutes, burned 431 calories and did 314 steps. HR was 140/189.

Got on my treadmill and walked a 3% hill for 32 minutes, burned an additional 205 calories, did 1.60 miles and went 3848 steps. HR was 115/139.

Great workout today!

Roxie - Great job on Meltdown! Hope your migraine went away, I hate those.

Jolie - I don't know how you're walking hills with that kind of pain you have. I couldn't do anything for months when mine was like that. I'm glad you are healing so quickly, you will be back to it soon!! I'm so glad for you, that is miserable to go through.

Doreen - LOL on clean-max!! I need to do that here soon!! Nice job on your workout!

Diane - I will definitely need to do some extra stretching doing BB. That is one intense rotation. I'm enjoying it though. Hope you have a great workout today!

Belinda - Wow, your vacation went fast. Good job on your workout this morning, you certainly know how to bring it!! :)

DOZ - Great job with your total body workout on Friday! Killing it!!

Hope you all have great workouts today!!!

I am getting overwhelmed with so much activity and not enough down time. Lots of errands to run. I have three grandchildren tomorrow so looking for fun entertainment. Two will probably spend the night. I did not do Kelly's challenge today since I already did the workout on Saturday and the dvd was strength and stamina. I am avoiding too much upper work till I can get rid of the pain. So, today I did Kelly's Kickboxing dvd both workouts, 51 minutes, met 8.0, 354 calories, heart rate average 141, max 171, 4,334 steps. I was going to do the Kickboxing core workout, but it kept stopped after two minutes, I cleaned it and then it didn't even go two minutes. So, I switched and did Home Gym Intervals waistline, 11 minutes total, heart rate 122 average, 151 max, 54 calories, met 5.6, 447 steps. Total time was 62 minutes, 408 calories.
I will try to come back and read posts later.

Last edited:
I caved and signed up for OnDemand. I had thought about purchasing a couple downloads from Cathe's summer sale but figured - why? I can get two months of OnDemand for that price and do them once or twice in the month and be set.

I also want to put together some workouts I know will work at the park or outside and I think I can do that with OnDemand. So here I go..... I started with a compilation of all Cathe's heavy bag sections and did a total heavy bag workout this morning with my new punching bag. I need to add more water to the base and I was pretty wobbly! But fun- hitting something changes these workouts - I've only ever shadowboxed them before!

Today I am feeling much better, about 70% back to normal and I have another appointment with my Chiro tomorrow so that should do it. My left hip is higher than my right hip and twisted, I can see it in the mirror and it feels like my left leg is out too. It is not too bad, walking but it aches but exercise is the best thing I can do to get blood circulation, so my Chiro says.

Yesterday my husband and I took the dog for a mile dog walk at the beach, it was beautiful. I was aching by the time we got back to the car, but I sat with a bag of frozen peas on my low back and hip and I felt ok. I burned 341 calories.

Today I did a 1 mile dog walk and burned 168 calories. Then I laid on the floor on a mat and did Triceps and some lower abs. I will be doing one body part per day, high reps and walking this week. I did a small Giant Set with Abs at the end.

Lying Triceps Ext.- 10's x 20, x 20, x 20, x 20
Cross Body Ext.- 10's x 20, x 20, x 20, x 20
Leg Raises- x 30, x 30, x 30, x 30

Stretches for my Sciatic pain. I feel good! I feel it in my triceps, I haven't done high reps in a while. :) That is where I will be for a short time this month.

Belinda, I hope you had a great time on your vacation. Great job on the PHA, I really like that workout.

Debbie, great job on the Tempo workout today! I have the most incredible Chiropractor on the planet, I have been going to him for 30 years. He does a method that very few dr.'s do called DNFT. Direct Non Force Treatment. Look into it, no cracking at all and you can get back to normal in about a week even with bulging discs and Sciatica issues. You will never believe it until you try it. People fly from all over the country to see my two Doctors. I told him the last time that i was there, you cannot die before me, what will I do? He laughs, but I am not kidding! LOL! I have been icing and taking the Prednisone and I cant believe how fast I am coming along. Yeah! I will not be pushing it, I cant go through that again.

Diane Sue, wow on your week coming up! You look like you will be crazy busy. Have fun with the grand kids and great job on your workout. I hope your soreness goes away soon.

BBL to read the other posts and have a great day.

Good Evening,

I did Coffeyfit Raw Intervals #3 tonight. Oldest DD an I went on a bike ride last night in her neighborhood which is all uphill in 90 degree temps it’s really hot here.

Debbie-I think it was dehydration once I loaded up on water it was better.

I got my errands run :D

Jolie, that is great that you are doing so much better already. It always seems odd to me that movement makes things feel better. If I hurt and lie around it just seems to get worse.

Doz, nice work today with STS and cardio coach.

Doreen, the heavy bag makes a big difference. Putting together Cathe's heavy bag segments would be a great workout.

Roselyn, you are moving right along. I am sure you will do great on real people.

Belinda, good for you doing a workout this morning after getting home so late.

Debbie, yes, Body Beast is an intense workout and plenty of stretching would be in order.

Roxie, nice job on the workout and bike ride. It is hot here too.

Today was Body Beast: Build - Legs. Had a great workout, went up in weights. Knees were good today. :)

This is what I did:

Sumo Squats: 25#/30#/35#/25# - 15/12/8/8 reps

Super Set
Alternating Lunges: 10's/12.5's/17.5's - 15/12/8 reps
Step-Up to Reverse Lunges: 10's/12.5's/17.5's - 15/12/8 reps

Giant Set
Parallel Squat: 12.5's/15's/22.5's - 15/12/8 reps
Bulgarian Squat: 12.5's/15's/15's - 15/12/8 reps
Single Leg EZ Bar Deadlifts: 25#/30#/35# - 15/12/8 reps

Giant Set
Single Leg Calf Raise: 22.5#/22.5# - 30 second each leg
Seated Calf Raise: 25's - 30 seconds
In and Outs: 30 seconds - 26/23 reps

Workout was 43 minutes, burned 306 calories, HR was 132/179 and did 1657 steps.

I have an appointment this morning, be back later.

Cathe Live #244 this morning. A low impact compound weight workout for 44 minutes. I wished it was a bit longer - I enjoyed the compound movements this morning.

Good work everybody.

Roselyn - you will do great!! Good luck!

Jolie - hope you are doing better - good on you for finding something you can do in the meantime!! High reps work too!

Roxie - Good job on your bike ride!

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning,

I walked for 3 miles this morning. Wasn't in the mood for anything else. Need to catch up on work.

Debbie - which Beast rotation are you doing? Great weights, girl.

Jolie - I am glad to hear you are doing better. Hope you heal soon. Great job yesterday.

Roselyn - you do great.

Roxie - great job with your bike ride.

Diane - hope things will slow down for you soon.

That's it for me today.

This morning I did the challenge workout, Raw Tabata weight circuits, 35 minutes, heart rate 105 average, 134 max, 730 steps, met 5.0, 155 calories. I then did the challenge dvd Amped Up cardio live workout #1, 31 minutes, 139 average, 166 max, 2,867 steps, met 6.8, 183 calories. I finished off with Barre Amped Stretch relaxation plus some stretching of my own, met 2.5, 44 calories, 124 steps. Total time 85 minutes, 382 calories, 3,821 steps.

Debbie, great job on Body Beast today.

Doreen, a low impact compound workout sounds great.

Belinda, nice work on the walk even though you were not wanting to do anything. I hope you have a productive day :)

Today I went to the Chiro and I stayed in by 60%, which is good. I got totally adjusted again and I am sore, icing my low back and hips. I should be good to go to start walking tomorrow and he said I can start working out when I feel like I can. Of course I will listen to my body, and if I do lift it will be lite weight this month. My spasm is almost completely gone, I am now standing straight and my hips are almost level with each other. Wow, is all I can say, but jumping off my balcony to save my dog probably did this to me, I just fell apart before I went to the Chiropractor. I always think I can keep going but finally my body said STOP! :) I needed a forced rest week anyway...

Great workouts everyone!!!

Roselyn, you will be fine on the floor cutting hair. There is always an instructor close buy and the customer never cares if you need to ask for help. Think of about this, If you screw up, Pixie haircuts are the rage right now! :)

Have a great day.

Good Evening,

I did Coffeyfit Raw Tabata Weights Circuit after work. Tomorrow is Upper and Lower Sculpt. Good job everyone on your workouts

Evening :)

Today I did Cardio Coach ‘press play’ that was it. I was a bit tired, my GKs been here since Sunday. Its’ been so nice having them here; even tho, they keep me busy.

Nice workouts guys, enjoy your evening :)

Good morning,

Cathe Lite Pyramid UB is done. I wrote all the exercises down when I borrowed the dvd's from my friend. Enjoyed the workout doing it that way, I also played my own music :) I have done a similar workout while I was on vacation. In the future, I will do different exercises just to mix things up. I also could use my Bowfex doing for triceps press downs.

Great job on your workouts everyone. Keep up the good work. BBL!

Cathe Live #232 Kick, box and bags this morning. Only one section in the middle on the bag. I think I could have done other combos on the bag as well.

Good job on your workouts everyone! And I hope everyone enjoys their Fourth of July if they celebrate it!

Today was Body Beast: Tempo - Back & Biceps. Had a good workout, again these are sort of boring because of the slow reps, but they are very effective. My body is so tight right now!!

This is what I did:

Each set of 15/12/8 reps are done with the tempo of 6/6 count, 6/3 count, 3/3 count. So 6/6 is for 15 reps, which kills, 6/3 is for 12 reps and 3/3 count is for 8 reps. Each exercise is alternated with an ab exercise.

Back
Pull-Over:
15#/22#/25#
Wide Plank In & Out: 10 reps

Pull-Up: 5/8/7 reps (was supposed to be 10 reps but the slow count about killed me)
Hanging Circles: 10 reps

Barbell Rows: 20#/25#/35#
Lat Oblique Twists: 20# on bar (these are cool)

Biceps
Standing Dumbbell Curl:
10's/12's/15's (was supposed to be preacher curls, don't like those)
Hanging Curl: 10 reps

All-Angle Barbell Curl: 15#/20#/15# (wide grip, close grip, reverse grip - love this one!)
Speed Mountain Climbers: 30 seconds

Tough workout, really liked it. Workout was 50 minutes, burned 357 calories, did 490 steps and HR was 133/168.

Then I did the Max Mix Cardio 10 HD workout, I like this one, I did it before. Alternating 5 and 10 second sprints - I like the shorter sprint ones. Another tough workout, these really make my legs burn.

Workout was 14 minutes, burned 109 calories, did .31 miles and 834 steps and HR was 122/162.

Also did Yoga Stretch, really needed it.

Doreen - Great job with your workout yesterday and today. Are you enjoying Cathe live?

Belinda - Good job listening to your body yesterday and just going for a walk, sometimes we just need to do that! Great job with your workout this morning as well. I am doing the Lean Rotation.

Diane - Great workouts yesterday! Boy, you've been busy this summer, haven't you? Your grand kids keep you busy but I'm sure it's fun! Hope it's not too hot where you are. We are sweltering here with 90 degrees and high humidity.

Jolie - So glad to hear you are coming along nicely with your injury. You'll be back at it soon!! The things we do for our fur babies!

Roxie - Good job with your workout and it's great you are following Kelly's rotation. Hope you are enjoying her workouts.

DOZ - Nice job with PP!! I want to try running again but I'm scared.

Have a great day everyone!!

Afternoon All :)

So so happy I pushed myself to do my workout this morning. I was going to take a rest day, but, after sitting around my house doing nothing, I got my butt in gear, and it was so glad that I did workout was so refreshing.

I did a 35 minute slow steady run and STS back & biceps; lasts workout for Meso 2 yay :cool::cool::cool:

Debbie- Nice work. Why are you scared to run, knowing you love too.

Cathe- sound like an awesome workout, nice job.

Have a great day and workout everyone :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.