Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check-In for July, 2019

Today I did Cathe Live Strong Upper Body and Core. I had an amazing workout, even though I went slightly lighter on a few exercises and I had to do my own ab segment because I cannot do any type of twisting ab work, I am too scared my back will go out again. Workout was about an hour and I burned 376 calories. The last time I did the workout I burned 431 calories, I did lift heavier weights and did more core work. I cant believe I am not tired from that walk yesterday and I had a hard time falling asleep. I live next to a Marine Base and boy have they been flying helicopters at night and doing bombings ect. since the Iran issue has come up. I think the military is getting ready, just in case!

Doreen, I previewed the Sydney video, thanks for posting. Funning, the video didn't come up on your post yesterday when I read it, and today it was there? Looks good, when I can lift heavy I am defiantly going to try this workout!

Belinda, I hope you have a great time at the wedding today. I hope your care runs better today :)

Debbie, I cant wait for you to come back and starting posting again, I miss you :)

Diane Sue, I hope you have a great workout today and have a nice day doing whatever you are doing today.

Cheers.

Reactions: WD
I am so bored due to this heat, nothing to do. My DH and I went to Home Depot for a few things but that's about it. Can't do anything outside or you will melt. So I got on my treadmill and burned some calories. Should have gotten on my Max Trainer but didn't really want to sweat too much. I have to go to church in a bit.

Walked for 40 minutes, burned 265 calories, went 2 miles and did 4773 steps. HR was 119/128. Similar to yesterday.

Belinda - You are about 3 hours from me. It is hot here, I hope hope wedding is indoors. Hope your car is ok now.

Jolie - Nice workout today, glad you are almost back to normal!! You are getting some great workouts in lately. I can't wait until Monday so I can lift again!! Scary about the bomb tests, but I'm sure you are right about them getting ready for Iran.

Diane - Weird how your shoulders and arm hurt from that exercise. I like that exercise in BB, but it sounds like Kelly takes it to the next level. Hope you are feeling better today.

Roselyn - What do you mean about "huge" rotation by BB? I've done the Lean rotation which is several weeks, I think 12 or 13 weeks. I am planning on doing that right now if I don't get too bored with the workouts. So far I haven't.

Doreen - That workout looks good, great job with it!!

I'm reading an excellent book, it's called "The Dream Daughter". I cannot put it down. Love Diane Chamberlain, I've read almost all of her books. This is the best one!!

Have a great rest of the day!

We had to run the motorcycle in to get louder pipes put on (helps people notice you so they don't run you over) We went to breakfast while waiting for the guy to come in after we signed in. When I got back and did a couple of errands I went and did Lite Pyramid Lower up 3 sets premix, 30 minutes, heart rate average 97, max 129, 874 steps. I followed with Kelly Coffey Boot Camp Bonus stretch. Total time was 49 minutes and I burned 207 calories. I was so tired from lack of sleep that I skipped cardio. I managed to get the birthday cake baked before we went back to get the motorcycle and finally got it decorated before I made dinner.
Disappointed because my Betsy Ross T shirt from Nine Line Clothing was said to have been delivered by the post office today in my mail box and it was not there. I was hoping to wear it to the birthday party tomorrow. Anyway, for whatever reason, it says to wait 24 hours before reporting it, because I still could get it. I have had them do this before saying something was delivered in my mail box and it showed up a couple of days later. Here I am looking all over outside and rechecking the mail box:confused:

Jolie, nice work. You are doing well getting back into some weights and stuff. I hope Iran back off. I am glad though that we are preparing just in case.

Debbie, it is terribly hot here too. I need to mow, but keep putting it off. I have to go out and turn on some water once the sun starts going down more. It is hard to get motivated to move when it is so uncomfortable. My shoulder itself feels good today. The odd thing is that my bicep area has a painful spot that feels bruised when I touch it and if I apply pressure it stings. You cannot see anything though. It just starts hurting down through my elbow at times. Particularly when I try to lie down. I got on the Tread Climber this last week and it felt so hard and I was only on there for 15 minutes. I was trying to do the Run With Me tabata style. Upped the speed and pushed hard then lowered. Funny how even 3.5 mph feels so hard when climbing and feeling the pressure on the treadles. I think I went to 4 mph for a bit. When I was doing it more I would kick to the top speed at 4.5 mph periodically , but I have to hand on with at least one hand to do that. I always get sore legs and glutes when I haven't done it in awhile.

Good morning and Happy Sunday! Today I was tired, I drank a margarita last night, my husband and I went out to dinner and it was really strong, it killed me! I am not a big drinker and I like them weak, i don't metabolize alcohol very well so strong drinks kick my butt!!!!! Anyway, I went for a walk and ended up doing really well. I talked to my parents for about an hour on the way home and the time flew by. I walked for 1 hour and 42 minuets, 5.3 miles, all hills and burned 833 calories. I am drenched and I got out at 7:30am. Average heart rate was 139 and max was 180! I know when I hit that number, by the time I got to the top of the steepest hill, it is over a mile long hill, my lungs were burning and I was breathing very hard. I love that I get some cardio in when walking.

Roselyn, good job on the Cathe live workout. How is the hair cutting going? I bet your a pro by now.

Diane Sue, I hope you tshirt gets delivered in time for your party. Great job on the workout yesterday. My husband always says, "Loud pipes save lives!"

Debbie, I hope it is cooler for you today. We have a humid heat wave coming this week as well. A hurricane is coming up the coast of Baja so we will get some good heat too. Today is beautiful, a high of 78 and it is dry too. I am excited for you to come back, I look forward to reading your posts.

I hope everyone has nice workouts if you aren't taking the day off today.

Now I am going to the golf driving range to hit some balls. :)

Cheers

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Blast Plyometrics workout #2, 37 minutes, heart rate average 131, max 160, 3013 steps, 223 calories, met 7.5. This was the dvd workout choice today, the Raw one was step 2 which I did Friday. I then did Rev'd Up Rumble Calorie Crush, 9 minutes, heart rate average 134, max 158, met 8.0, 70 calories, 981 steps. I finished off with Lite extended stretch #1, 13 minutes, met 3.2, 29 calories, 22 steps. Total time was 59 minutes, 322 calories, 4,016 steps. Dr appointment for my yearly check up. Fasting today for the lab work. So, just water till later this afternoon.

Roselyn, I don't remember a live quick fix cardio. I guess that must be one of Cathe's newer workouts.

Jolie, nice work on the walk. I am sure talking to your parents while walking made time go by really fast. It is supposed to be a bit cooler here the next few days. Maybe rain this morning, but it really doesn't look like it even though it is overcast. My husband is trying to talk my grandson who just bought his first motorcycle into getting loud pipes. I am glad he took a motorcycle riding class. My t shirt never came. Maybe today it will come.

Today I did Body Beast: Tempo - Chest & Tri's. Love this workout!

This is what I did:

Each set was a count of 6/6, 6/3, 3/3 with 15/12/8 reps
Chest Press: 15's/20's/25's
Figure & Crunch: 10 reps each side (abs)

Incline Press: 15's/20's/22.5's
Cricket Crunch: 10 reps each side (abs)

Incline Fly: 12.5's/17.5's/22.5's
Tempo Plank: Alternating 6 counts for full plank, dropping down for 6 counts on elbows - 7 reps (supposed to be 10 reps) - these are hard, my arms were really spent and I had a hard time holding myself up.

EZ Bar Skull Crusher: 10#/15#/25#
EZ Bar Crunch: 25# (abs)

One Arm Triceps Kickback: 7.5#/8#/10#
Superset w/
Dips: 10/12/8 reps (first set was 6/6 count for 15 reps and I just couldn't do it. These killed)
Plank Twist/Twist: 5 reps (killer, was supposed to be 10 reps)

Workout was 56 minutes, burned 463 calories and did 526 steps. HR was 149/201

Diane - I'm not a fan of loud bikes, but you are right, people notice you for sure. We rode our bikes last week before it got so hot out. It was fun being back on it again. I was going to ride it today but its raining. At least it's cooler here now. That heat was brutal. Did you ever get the t-shirt? How annoying is that? That happens to me a lot. Very frustrating. Nice job on your workout Saturday!

Roselyn - I have never done the HUGE rotation. Looks to be about the same as Lean except for different amount of weeks on each Block. Go for it!!

Jolie - Great job on your walk yesterday!! Hope that hurricane doesn't bring too much bad weather your way!

Belinda - Hope you got home safely. How was the wedding?

Hi to everyone else! Have great workouts!

Today is going to be a rest day, I worked out 7 out of the last 8 days and I am tired. My legs are really tired from all of the hill walking I have been doing, they are really toning up :)

Debbie, glad to have you back! Nice job on the Tempo workout, I have never done that workout, I don't think that came with my package that I purchased, it was an add on. Oh well. I am glad your weather is cooling off, ours is going to get hot now!

Diane Sue, Bummer your T shirt didn't come in time for the party, that is on line shopping for you! Nice workout today, good luck with your lab work and doctors appointment. I have to go back to the dentist, my tooth they put in for my implant is too tight and is hurting my other teeth. They are going to adjust it today.

BBL to read other posts.

Have a nice day.

Debbie, my husband has seen enough accidents over the years so he is an advocate of loud pipes and helmets. I think maybe I need a larger helmet. I am always happy to get that thing off as my ears feel like they are being squashed. He had to get a new one as he did not want the guy that purchased our last bike to leave here without a helmet on his head. I am sure our neighbors are not such fans of the loud pipes, but we are never out late anyway.

My t shirt is still not here. I am pretty sure it is our post office and not Nine Line Clothing. The post office sent an email saying it was delivered at or near mail box. I think that sounds ridiculous as we have a community mail box. Why would it be near the mail box. I searched outside just in case. So, that was Saturday. I checked today and no T shirt so I called Nine Line Apparel and they put me on hold and then I got a recorded message about all the consultants being busy and leave my number and details. So I did that. I figure since that is Eastern time, they were about ready to close. At least I know they have the information. I paid 35 dollars for that t shirt with shipping and I really wanted my shirt. I bet the post office is just sitting on the package like they have done in the past. They have lousy service. I told my husband before that maybe we should just get a p.o. box at the UPS store around the corner. The only thing is, I would not want to have go around the corner in bad weather to get my mail.

Jolie, I am sorry you are having problems and need to go back to the dentist. I hope it feels much better when you are done there.

Good Evening,

I did upper body before DH and I left for the lake we are hoping for at least two nights might shoot for a third.

Hi everyone,

I just got home from Ohio. We bad weather driving home, it took us a little longer. I am so beat!! Had a lot of fun meeting and catching up with DH's Italian family. Boy, do they party :( The place they had the wedding was so hot, not convinced they had the AC on. The church was hot too, the groom almost fainted. They bride and groom wanted to get married in an old church without AC, they did had a few fans blowing. Luckily I got some air from one of the fans in the church. Everyone else was miserable. We did had a lot of fun with spending time with the family. Sunday we visit my husband aunt, she will be 90 years old in January. Boy, did she put a guilt trip on us, lol. After a few hours DH wanted to leave to get ready for dinner, we met up with all his cousins. His aunt said I may not be here next year stay a little longer. We both felt so bad for her :( She is staring to have a lot of problems seeing. So we ended up staying all afternoon with his aunt. We still made it to dinner on time. We are thinking visiting his aunt again soon. Maybe in a few month.

The car is running fine. Maybe it was only the battery? DH will have the Ford dealer run a complete check on the car.

I will be back tomorrow and catch up on personals. Good night!

Good morning,

My workout this morning was upper body. My upper still shaking. Had a great workout. Workout time was under 29 min.

Latter Down:
10 Push Ups
10 Dips
9 push Ups
9 Dips
8 Push Ups
8 Dips
7 Push Ups
7 Dips
6 Push Ups
6 Dips
5 Push Ups
5 Dips
4 Push Ups
4 Dips
3 Push Ups
3 Dips
2 Push Ups
2 Dips
1 Push Ups
1 Dips

10 reps/3 rounds
Chest flies w/leg lifts -12's
Skull Crushers w/glute brigde -12's
Alternation knee ins - 20 reps

Giant Sets: Shoulders: 10 reps/3 rounds
Lateral Raise - 5's
Front Raises - 5's
Rear Delts Raise -5's

Back: 10 reps/3 rounds
1 Arm row Right - 20's
1 Arm row Left - 20's
Biceps curls - 15's
Plank Holds - 10 sec

Burn out:
Hammer curls - 1 min

I probably will do a quick cardio workout later, since I haven't workout this weekend. We shall see how I feel later. I will catch up later on personals. Need to do laundry and catch up on work a little. BBL!

This morning I did Kelly's Build and Burn Cardio Core, 28 minutes, heart rate average 122, max 160, 1,643 steps, met 8.5, 170 calories. I need to get showered and head out to ladies game day. I will check back later.

Today was Body Beast: Build - Legs. Had a great workout, did the same weights as last time. This is a tough workout because he hardly lets you rest. I had to pause a couple times because I was so winded.

This is what I did:

Sumo Squats: 25#/35#/40#/30# - 15/12/8/8 reps

Super Set
Alternating Lunges: 12's/15's/17.5's - 15/12/8 reps
Step-Up to Reverse Lunges: 12's/15's/17.5's - 15/12/8 reps

Giant Set
Parallel Squat: 15's/20's/25's - 15/12/8 reps
Bulgarian Squat: 12.5's/15's/17.5's - 15/12/8 reps
Single Leg EZ Bar Deadlifts: 25#/30#/35# - 15/12/8 reps

Giant Set
Single Leg Calf Raise: 22.5#/22.5# - 30 second each leg
Seated Calf Raise: 25's - 30 seconds
In and Outs: 30 seconds - 24/26 reps

Workout was 46 minutes, burned 345 calories, HR was 138/172 and did 2061 steps.

Then I did Max Mix 10 HD w/Tahneetra, this is a fun one. Alternating 5 second and 10 second sprints with 55 and 50 seconds rest. I didn't really push myself too much since my legs were already burning, but I'm glad I got it done.

Workout was 14 minutes, burned 96 calories (woop woop), did .31 miles and went 843 steps. HR was 132/171.

I bought a 2017 Ford Escape yesterday. Love it! We bought a Chevy Trax a few years back and we have had nothing but problems with it. I know many people who have had Escapes and love them. I know many people who drive Fords that never quit. My brother has my mom's old Tempo (1993) and it is still running. Unbelievable. I hope I have good luck with it.

Jolie - Hope you enjoyed your rest day! The Tempo workouts came with the set I purchased, I didn't order them as extras. Weird that you didn't get them.

Diane - How frustrating about your mail. We go through the same thing here although we have a new lady on our route and she seems pretty good. Great job on your workout today!

Roxie - Great workout! Hope you can spend time at the lake. We did a lot of that last week, love the lake!

Belinda - So sorry it was so hot for the wedding. It is NEVER like that here. Too bad the church wasn't air conditioned. I bet the wedding party was miserable along with everyone else in the church. Yikes!! NIce workout this morning!

DOZ & Doreen - Where you be?

Have great workouts everyone! I gotta go cut my moms grass.

Debbie, my husband works for Ford, that is all we drive! I have a Ford Edge Sport and love it! My husband says the Escape is one of their best selling vehicles. I hope you like it, I have never had a problem with any of my Ford cars or trucks.

Today I did Cathe Live Glassboro Roadtrip and had a great workout. I changed it up a bit, instead of 8 reps, I did 16 reps for each set. I wanted to do a high rep endurance workout and I love the format of this one so I just changed it up a bit. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 402 calories.

Chest Press- 20's x 16 ( 3 rounds of each Giant Set )
Chest Flies- 15's
Close Grip Chest Press- 15's

Wide Grip Pull Downs, no Pullovers- 50# x 16
1 Arm Row- 25's had to drop to 20's
Rear Flies- 8's

Upright Rows- 12's x 16
Seated Overhead Press- 15's
Lateral Raises - 8's

Lying Ext.- 15's x 16
Cross Body Lying Ext.- 12's
2 Arm Kickbacks- 8's

Traditional Curls- 15's x 16
Seated Curls with a twist- 15's
W Curls- 12's

ABS

Debbie, great job on the leg workout today. I am walking for legs this month. I want to start doing Yvette workouts again but my low back is still not good enough for impact of any kind. I have gained 8 pounds over the last month, cutting out those workouts and not working out for two weeks. Also, once my hot flashes started up again, back comes the weight. When they go away, my weight drops again! Do you gain weight when your hot flashes come back?

Diane Sue, nice workout today. Have fun at your ladies game day!

Belinda, wow that looks like a cool workout, which one is that from, which trainer? I would be dying :)

Roxie, have fun at the lake.

Doreen, i hope you have a nice workout.

DOZ, where are you?

l hope you have a superb day! Hurricane weather here today, hot and humid. There is one coming in off the coast of Baja and we are going to be in for the humidity.

Both of my arms are sore now. I think it is the immunizations. At least the headache did not come back. I did push a little with the cardio core today as I did the few squat thrusts and the kick out moves. Also the dips with kick outs. It did not seem to bother me so maybe I can start slowly working something back in.

Belinda, visiting is fun, but being home always feels good too. I would not have enjoyed the heat. That was some upper body workout today.

Debbie, I had a Ford Escape for years. I am not sure why my husband decided we needed something else. It was my favorite car and I never had car problems with it. I had a custom 3rd row seat put in the back to take my grandchildren to school and back. We gave the purchasers what they needed to convert it back to how it was if they wanted to. Some vehicles are just lemons. So far once they got my Chevy Spark a new security module I have not had any problems with it since. It sure stayed in the shop a lot though.
I bet you you have a lot of afterburn with those Max Trainer workouts. I am surprised it did not show a higher burn for where your heart rate was, but then Fit Bit is lousy unless you do a longer workout. It does some sort of catch up after 15 minutes. Mine has been giving me lower burns than I have usually posted for the same workouts that I am doing. I am not sure what is up with that.
I still have not received my shirt. I called the company. They finally responded to my e mail. I don't get these deliveries. Today I got two packages from Amazon and got a text showing 6 stops away. I sat here waiting and finally checked and it said delivered. It was handed directly to a resident. I looked on the door step and nothing there. They sat it outside the gate. It had me going, as I was afraid they gave it to someone else and there was a 158 dollar rack for the Harley in one of the boxes. I am really sick of the way things are done. Maybe there is something to be said for going to a store and purchasing things.

Jolie, I bet you are wanting to get back to the more intense workouts. I have lost weight since I have had to slow down. I think it is probably more that I am so busy and tired that I am not that motivated to go find food though. I have been making myself have a big salad in the evenings so I am not living on protein bars and protein powder with yogurt. I am getting sick of those things though. Once I am hungry enough I go for it. Maybe when you can get back to those Yvette workouts you can give a bit more recovery time between them? Just thinking it might help prevent problems. I would love to do more high impact and hiit workouts, but I have learned that if I do too many close together, I end up in pain and having to back off altogether.

This morning I did Step Blast. I was doing ok with the combos one by one but when it came to the challenge I kept miss stepping! Oh well - still fun!

I bought a 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk last weekend. I wanted something that I can feel confident in the snow with. I'm giving my 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee that I have driven for the past 16 years to my son to drive. It has 204k miles on it and we're hoping it goes at least 2 more years!!

Today was Body Beast: Tempo - Back & Biceps. Had a good workout, I am really liking the Tempo workouts. I remember not liking them when I initially did the rotation, but they are fabulous workouts.

This is what I did:

Each set of 15/12/8 reps are done with the tempo of 6/6 count, 6/3 count, 3/3 count. So 6/6 is for 15 reps, which kills, 6/3 is for 12 reps and 3/3 count is for 8 reps. Each exercise is alternated with an ab exercise.

Back
Pull-Over:
15#/25#/30#
Wide Plank In & Out: 10 reps

Pull-Up: 9/9/7 reps (was supposed to be 15 reps for first set but the slow count about killed me)
Hanging Circles: 10 reps

Barbell Rows: 20#/30#/40#
Lat Oblique Twists: 20# on bar (these are cool)

Biceps
Standing Dumbbell Curl:
10's/12's/15's (was supposed to be preacher curls, don't like those)
Hanging Curl: 10 reps

All-Angle Barbell Curl: 10#/20#/20# (wide grip, close grip, reverse grip - love this one!)
Speed Mountain Climbers: 30 seconds

Workout was 50 minutes, burned 368 calories, did 928 steps and HR was 141/186.

Also walked on my treadmill for 35 minutes, burned 220 calories, went 1.75 miles and did 4183 steps. HR was 115/138.

Jolie - I do love the Escape, I think it's going to be a great car. No, I am not gaining weight with the hot flashes, in fact, I lost 2# last week even eating crap on vacation. I have great metabolism, thankfully. There are times I get fluffy, but not to a point where I need to worry too much. I thought that supplement you were taking took care of the hot flashes and was leaning you out? Are you still taking them? Great job with the Glassboro workout, love that one. I can't believe you do 16 reps with that one, the reason I love it is because it's lower reps. LOL!!!

Diane - The Chevy Trax, Sonic and Spark have the same engine issue. That is why I got rid of my Trax. I will send you the information later, I am out of time right now. This issue is in all these cars and they have not sent out a recall which is ridiculous. My turbo went out and many Trax's are doing the same thing. I also had computer issues and something with my engine that my husband fixed. The thing was only 3 years old. Oh, and the battery died. I'll send you the info later. Nice job on your workout yesterday, I hope your arms are better today.

Doreen - Isn't it fun buying new cars? LOL!!! Wow on your older Jeep, that is impressive!!

Hi to all who come after me. Gotta stuff I need to do, have great workouts!

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Quick Fix, both workouts combined, 45 minutes, 4,615 steps, heart rate average 149, max 183, 346 calories. I then did the Bonus abs/hips and glutes from Cardio Quick Fix, 16 minutes, heart rate average 110, max 150, 363 steps, 54 calories. I finished off with Coffey Fit Raw Abs Finisher, I used 8# dumbbell, 19 minutes, 61 calories, heart rate average 98, max 127, 296 steps. Total time was 80 minutes, 461 calories, 5,274 steps.

Doreen, Step Blast is a fun workout. I sometimes miss some steps when they are workouts I have not done in quite some time.

Good morning,

I did KPC this morning. Very fun workout.

Sorry I didn't came back yesterday, last night I had to pick up my dog from DC. I am so tired from all that driving and running around. I also playing catch up with work, lol.

Great job, everyone. I will try to catch up on personal if I don't fall asleep later today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.