Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check-in for April 2018

Today I did a workout that I haven't done since July of 2015!! I did Cardio Coach 4 and wow, what a workout. I have always had a big dread factor with this workout and I'm not sure why. I really enjoyed it and it was a great workout. I will definitely be adding that one into my rotation.

Workout was 45 minutes, ran 3.33 miles, burned 376 calories (TM said 452) and went 6564 steps. Avg HR was 141 and Max was 191. Loved this workout!!

Diane Sue - Nice job on your workout yesterday! You are really kicking it!

Jolie - Holy crap, 96 degrees!! It is 25 degrees here right now. I think global warming forgot about Ohio. Hope you enjoyed your rest day!

Roselyn - Nice job on Build Shoulders. I really want to start that series again.

DOZ - Great job on your workout!! Wow, you are also really bringing it lately!! Yes, the older we get, the harder it is to lose weight, it sucks. I have gained a couple pounds and have no clue why. My diet is spot on and you see my workouts, so I don't get it. Hopefully when it gets warmer out I can move a bit more during the day.

Debbie, nice work on Cardio Coach. Awesome that you really enjoyed it. I had been adjusting diet and working hard. My weight kept inching up and I was hating my scale. Finally the last couple of weeks it has noved down. I started measuring cream in my coffee and have switched to mostly coconut milk, tried to lower fat a bit. Finally what seems to have worked is my change in the workouts. I know my body will adjust eventually yhough and hopefully I can find another plan that works. Right now I am adding Z Cut with total body metabolic type workouts.

Morning guys

This morning I did STS Legs, hm.......felted like I had a mediocre workout. Started a bit later, then I usually do. because my grand son is being dropped off early and I take him to school between getting him together and my puppy, by the time I start my workout I’m hungry and I can’t workout with anything on my stomach, weird I know. Didn’t have enough strength to do my abs. Going have to figure it out for the remaining week.

Debbie-lol I picked up 22 lbs and between not working out and eating sweets the whole 9 yards.......really changed my body, these pass few years DAM!!! I Never had so much fat on my body lol. But I’m determine to get by body back in shape. Nice workout

Diane Sue- I been eyeballing Z cut workouts, She’s awesome I really like her workouts and that body, man oh man. I just look at her, and wish lol

This morning I did Z Cut Power Cardio workouts 9 and 10 with the warm up, 36 minutes, met 5.7, 226 calories, 1,902 steps, avg heart rate 123, max 154. I did a lot more reps at times than she does because she stops and huffs and puffs which sort of annoys me as I want to get through the silly thing ;) I don't know why I don't get a higher heart rate with these. I think because there is abs and floor stuff put in between. She backs off of some of the impact moves that way. I then did Fit Split Mixed Impact cardio skipping the warm up, 25 minutes, heart rate average 133, max 166, 2,199 steps, 166 calories, met 6.0. Total time was 61 minutes, 392 calories.
Z Cut power cardio#9 2 rounds 13 minutes(warm up 7)
20 jump squat leg lift
20 knee hugs (lying on floor)
20 lunge kick ups (jump lunge straight leg kick up)
20 diagonal plank jumps (sort of like moguls)
10 surfers( a burpee coming up into a surfer move jump turn) I have it written as 20 reps but I think it was 10.
Cardio 10 2 rounds
10 competition 180 degree burpees
20 low jacks
20 bicycles( reaching to toes as knees come in)
20 forward back jump lunge
20 side to side plank jump (I used my push up stand rather than flat on my hands)
10 reps jump lunge 1 jump squat

Doz, I remember those running around days and I rarely eat before a workout. I have some coffee and greens powder mixed in water and that is it. I used to workout early and run all over and not eat till the afternoon. I made up for it though in the afternoon though. IF I buy protein bars or something I eat too many of them. I pick up Bulletproof collagen bars when I go to the store, but not more than 2 at a time. Too much temptation. I think she is in great shape, but I have to realize she is 35 and I am 65. It will never happen LOL. Maybe close ;)

Today I did a Total Body Workout, 3 rounds of the circuit and the last round TF. I did 12 reps in the first to sets and I used only DB's or my leg machine. Workout was 46 minutes and I burned 347 calories. This workout was hard, I was huffing and puffing towards the end.

STS Warmup

Chest Press- 25# x 12, x 12, x 16 TF
1 Arm Rows- 25# x 12, x 12, x 15 TF
Seated Overhead Press- 17# x 12, x 12, x 17 TF
Bicep Curls- 17# x 12, x 12, x 16 TF
Lying Triceps Ext.- 15# x 12, x 12, x 13 TF
Slide Back Warrior Lunge with paper plate BW x 12, x 12, x 13 TF
ABS Bicycles x 30, x 30, x 41 TF
Fire Walkers 2 step over to each side- Band, x 20, x 20, x 18 TF my glutes were screaming!
Leg Ext- 60# x 16, x 16, x 15 TF

Debbie,
great job on the Cardio Coach! Nice calorie burn today as well. I am glad you tried it again, what we hated years ago we find we enjoy now! go figure... Yes, it will be 88 degrees here today, I cant believe how hot it has gotten so fast. I thing that is why my workout kicked my butt, I have my doors and windows wide open and it is already warm this morning.

Diane Sue, I am going to check out the workouts you are doing, where should like look to preview them, YouTube? Great job on the workout today. Yes, I find the coffee creamers and just things we add into our daily food regimen tend to add lots of calories that I personally don't pay attention to. My husband said today, wow, you are looking thin, and I was just thinking to myself, wow, you are looking fat. I think we are hard on ourselves but I have to be, otherwise I would not like the way I look and I wouldn't be able to do things I like to do like skiing ect.

DOZ, STS legs is a hard one for me. Good job on getting that out of the way for the week! I am finding that the total body workouts are giving me such good results. I did one body part per day for years and I didn't get the results I am getting now. What that tells me is, you have to find what works for you. I had gotten so burnt out lately this took all the dread factor way for me.

Roselyn, I hope you have a good workout today.

Have a nice sunny day.

My internet is out. I have someone coming tomorrow and it is family dinner. Hopefully I will be able to post. I hate typing on my phone. I am upset that I just looked at Facebook and a picture I took this morning of the dog waiting on my husband to come home and texted him showed up in my Facebook feed suggesting a gram and posting. I don't like that Facebook has that much access of my phone.

Jolie, it is hard to find the zcut workouts. She was selling on Amazon and her website and stopped and is doing streaming with workout and nutrition plans optional. She is in awesome shape. Check out Zuzka light for her website. I would like to have the Z Cut kettlebell workouts but can't find them. Her steaming looks good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

This morning I did Yvette all hiit cardio, 30 seconds on 10 off, this was a fun one too. Moves are easy to follow and it was about 45 minutes long.

have a great day everyone, the sun is finally shining and about 75 today and almost 80 tomorrow but by sunday 43, crazy spring

Today I did a total body workout and had a great workout. Upped my weights and really felt it. Heart rate was up there. I noticed at around 24 minutes into the workout that my FB was paused. WTH? I don't even know how it happened. Very frustrating that it is that easy to pause the thing. It must have been when I was doing pushups. Ribs are not hurting anymore thank God!!!

Did 3 circuits of 8 reps unless otherwise noted. I warmed up with XTrain.

Chin Ups - Assisted
Pullovers - 32#
Barbell Deadlifts - 65#
Alternate Dumbbell Press - 20's - these killed. Last set was 7 reps
Lateral Raise - 12's
Incline Dumbbell Press - 32's
Pushups - On toes
Seated Dumbbell Curls - 20's on stability ball
Barbell Reverse Curls - 35#
Triceps Pushups
Dips
- 12/12/12 reps

Workout was 30 minutes, burned 189 calories. Avg HR was 124 and Max was 189.

Then I did the Tabata workout on my treadmill and then jogged until I reached a mile. Walked to cool down. 20 minutes, went 1 mile, burned 129 calories and went 2231 steps. Avg HR was 119 and Max was 178.

Diane Sue - I only use coconut milk in my coffee, I love that stuff. I bought a coconut flavored coffee and that cream is REALLY good in it. I try to only use 1 tbsp. each time I use it but sometimes I use a bit more. The calories are so low and no fat so I don't worry about it. I'm not sure why I'm gaining weight, maybe menopause? Body changing again? Who knows. It's not bad, I can still get into my size 4 pants but they are snug. I want to check out the Z workouts and will do so. Do you stream them?

DOZ - You will get back down, no worries. You are really kicking butt right now, keep it up!!! It is great having you back on this check in!

Jolie - Great job on your workout and weights, you rocked it!! Love the Firewalkers, that is my favorite hip exercise. Love this rotation thank you for coming up with it!!

Roselyn - It's only 20 here this morning but supposed to be 70 by Saturday. Woo hoo! But like you, we are going back down. Sucks. Nice job on your workout!!

Morning guys,

Today work, started with CC #2 revised, calories 212, D 1.76, T 40 minutes STS back & biceps and Lesmills core attack, dang that’s an awesome ab workout. I only did 15 minutes, feeling it lol. Shortly I’m headed to Walmart’s need to buy a few B.B. plates. I will check back in a bit.

Lat pull down/chin ups ( I did 3 sets of 12) pushups
One Arm Roll 15/20/20/15
Barbell Roll 20/20/20
DB Deadlift 40 (only one set, since I did yesterday) did DB over head presses 20/20
Barbell Curls 30/30/30
DB curls 10/10/10
Preacher Curls 10/15/15

Debbie- good to be back, thank you. Awesome work, chin ups are freaking hard, I could never master them.

Roselyn- Nice workout. Next few days weather 66/70 I hope it don’t rain, I’d love to get in a nice walk.

Today I walked outside, a beautiful day, 2 hours, 6.2 miles and I burned 1002 calories! I did some steep hills today and I am feeling it right now. My rear end is so sore from the fire walkers and the warrior slide back lunges I did yesterday! My max heart rate got up to 184 today, there was a long hill and I was dying by the time I got to the top.

Debbie,
I love what you put together for your workout today. I am loving these workouts myself because I can make it where each workout is always different from the next and I don't get bored that way. I am going to continue to do these workouts but somehow add some cardio in as well.

Diane Sue, I hate internet issues!!! I don't use Facebook anymore, Mark Zuckerberg is invading our privacy!

DOZ, wow, what a workout today, good job!

Roselyn, Nice workout today, those sound fun! How is the wedding planning coming along?

it got to 93 degrees here yesterday, 80 degrees today!

This morning I did Kelly Coffey's Plateau Buster both combined workout, 49 minutes, 312 calories, heart rate average 125, max 160, 2,396 steps. This was a good one for boosting the metabolism a bit :) The cable guy came early and spent some time outside, so I was able to get my chicken dish set up in the slow cooker. I am not sure why this is a Whole 30 Fast and Easy recipe. I cut up the onions and dates last night before bed and peeled the sweet potatoes. It still took awhile to clean and get the cilantro ready, the garlic, and the ginger. I suppose maybe some of these items you can find prepared for you somewhere. I don't like most of the things they use out of frozen packages. I still have to shred cauliflower for the rice. I am making jasmine rice for those who do not want cauliflower.
Plateau Buster
2 sets 12 reps for the weights
heavy dbs/ squat out with press 12# dbs, 12# dbs
step front and reverse fly 12#dbs 12# dbs
jumps and jacks
heavy dbs/side lunge with single arm lateral raise 10#, 12# dbs
squat with bicep curl at bottom 12# dbs, 12# dbs
no dbs /toe tap jump and repeater knee
light dbs/ lunge front & push db front 8's, 8's
Stir the pot 1 10# db, 10#
workout 2
heavy dbs/squat with single front raise lift 12#dbs, 12# dbs
side lunge stance: single rows 15# db, 15# db
no dumbbells pendulum knee pops and pendulum
heavy dbs / hip drop into high pull 15# dbs, 15# dbs
reverse lunge, pause & bicep curl 15# dbs, 15# dbs
no dbs/ split switches and ski jogs
light dumbbells step outs and alternate dbs front 3 8# dbs, 8# dbs
one dumbbell down and shake the paint I used 1 10# dumbbell

Roselyn, we are the same way on weather. 80 today and this weekend we are supposed to have a drop in temps with a low of 31 on Friday night.

Debbie, nice workout and weights. I have somehow paused my Fit bit as well. Generally I just use the heart rate that I got and I can estimate it with a calorie calculator and what I had for the workout in the past. If I type it into MFP and put the time at whatever the fit bit has for my start time, it will adjust it there. I have MFP linked with my Fit bit though. Usually it is when I am trying to wear boxing gloves while wearing the Fit Bit that I manage to turn it off or pause it. It still picks up your steps and calories though over the course of the day it averages it out. I have only streamed some of Zuzka's workout off of You Tube. The workouts I have been doing of hers, other than the Power Yoga and Abs that I have, came from another poster here on Cathe's. She gave them to me and they are probably her last dvds other than the kettlebell ones she did, which I do not have.

Doz, nice work today. Have fun purchasing more weight plates. I need to do that as my husband has my 25# plates and some of my 10's since I got him a weight bench for Christmas. I purchased him a second set of 10# plates on his birthday. I am not dragging the weights back up and down the stairs :) Too much work ;)

6 months from tomorrow is the day!! Planning is going fine, she is being a pretty chilled bride so far, I have my dress, shoes and earrings so I am ready. Got to get my mom a dress and just start paying wedding bills!!

Roselyn, there is sure a lot to planning a wedding and a lot of expense. My granddaughter is getting married May 10th. They are doing it on a Thursday since the wedding chapel that they chose costs less on a week night and most of the decorating and music is done for them. I bet you are the one who is not so chilled :) I made my older daughter's bridesmaid dresses and we made silk flower arrangements and bouquets for the bridesmaids which sure kept me busy.

Today I did another workout I haven't done in ages and that was Cardio Coach 2 - but I did the version I put together. I really wish the warmup was more than just 2 minutes, I don't get it. I did the warmup over again, though. This was a fun workout, I enjoyed it. I had the settings I used marked on the card for the workout and they were really easy so I upped it with the incline and speed a bit. By the time I got to the last challenge I really felt it.

Workout was 40 minutes, ran 2.84 miles, burned 353 calories (TM said 385) and went 5730 steps. Avg HR was 146 and Max was 207.

No way on the 207, I actually seen when my FB said that and my HR wasn't even high at that point. I moved the FB around on my wrist and it went back down. So that reading was not right.

I also did the Ripped Abs II workout from Candace Grasso again. I was sore for 4 days after doing that workout last week. She has a bunch of cool workouts on YouTube. I really like this ab workout, it's quick and intense. She is really cut in these workouts, I wonder how she is doing now?

Diane Sue - Bummer that we can't get those workouts you are doing anymore, they look so good. I don't really need new workouts at this point, but it's always nice to have a change. Great job on your workout yesterday!

DOZ - Nice job on your workout, good weights there!!

Jolie - HOLY CRAP on your calorie burn yesterday! Nice job, wow, that is a lot of walking. And cool that you can do steep climbs like that. It sounds like you live close to heaven! LOL!!! I'd love to have a place like that to go walking in.

Roselyn - Glad the wedding plans are going so well, sounds like your daughter has it all under control.

Morning everyone

Today’s workout, I did Les Mills Extreme Cardio Fighter w/abs and KM Leg drills. I check back later.

Debbie -I have all my CC on my PC but I forgot how to transfer them to my iPod, duh been years. I’m going to see if I can get Candance loaded; one of my fav. Nice work

Today I did Z Cut disc 3 workout's 11 and 12 with the warm up, bonus abs, and cool down. This was 57 minutes (a bit extra for some notes). I have now been through all 6 dvds, 24 workouts + bonus abs and bonus cardio. I have used the abs at least once a week. I want to add the bonus power strength workout to my next weight workout. Heart rate average was 123, max 150, 365 calories, met 5.8, 1,745 steps. I really feel like my heart rate should be higher than it is on these for how hard that I feel I am working. Maybe it is just that I have not been feeling well with these allergies. I cough so hard I have a hard time breathing. Then I tend to try to not breathe too deep as I might set off a coughing attack. I am tired. Winds are blowing and I am having a hard time keeping all of the leaves and seedlings blowing in every time a door is open.
With these workouts even the cardio makes you feel like you wouldn't need that much strength work.
Workout 11 8 minute warm up and 7 minute cool down
3 rounds 14 minutes
5 sets 10 high knees (sometimes I had 12) 2 commando push ups with knee tucks
10 half burpees 2 sets done in between the right and left of the following move
10 side lunge and knee ups (right then the half burpee then left and the half burpee)
20 side lunge jumps
20 pike hops
Workout 12 2 rounds 14 minutes
10 side hops done 10 times w/ competition burpee 10 times
5 mountain climbers 20 times w/flip over kick ups 20 times
10 pike jump, jump up, and side leg lifts
Abs 9 minutes 2 rounds
5 ab splitters V sit touch toes, split reach through, toe tucks
20 elevated plank alternating knee in
20 competition sit up touch toes
20 side plank toe touch 10 right 10 left

Debbie, I have had my Fit Bit and every other heart rate monitor give me some bizarre high reading that I knew was not correct. My Fit Bit has not done the sleep stages the last two night. I thought the first night it might be because our internet had went out, but then last night the internet was working and it still did it. I shut it down to see if that helps today.

Doz, I love Extreme Cardio Fighter and his abs. The music is so much fun. Nice work adding on the Kick Max leg drills.

Diane Sue - Nice workout. What are the names of the workout series you have, I’d like to buy these same workouts. If not pricey lol Where can I find? Thank you.

Doz, these workouts are hard to find. I was just checking Amazon for the kettlebell set and they are not available. The Zcut power cardio and Power strength series are by other sellers and run between 153 dollars and over 500 dollars. You might as well go to her website and get her streaming that I think is the basic 10.00 a month most streaming services are. https://zuzkalight.com/Zgym/ You can do some of her workouts on youtube. I think that most are done around 3 to 5 years ago. She also has a blog and you can find those on YouTube as Coffee talk. Oh, and she does have some start up workout plans I saw there the other day and if you want full detailed ones you have to be a member.

Today is a rest day, too much house cleaning to do so I couldn't fit it in. I must have burned so many calories anyway, I worked for hours. My legs are still so sore, must have done something right!

Nice workouts everyone!!! We are rocking it lately!

Debbie, I was so tired from my walk yesterday that I had to go lay down in bed at about 6:60pm to watch tv!

Diane Sue, great workout today. I think her workouts look really great, I used to follow her on Facebook years ago.

Roselyn, I am sure you are so excited about the wedding!!! I am sure you will look beautiful.

DOZ, I love that Les Mills workout, I do squats instead of all of the jumping. I also use 1 pound gloves too!

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.