Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check-in for April 2018

Today I did Total Body and had a really good workout. Not sure how long I will be doing total body, I probably should get back to one or two body parts a day but I'm really enjoying these workouts.

Did 4 circuits of 6 reps unless otherwise noted. No rest until I reached a new circuit. I warmed up with one of the HiiT workouts.

Incline Barbell Chest Press - 75#
Pullovers - 35#
Lateral Raise - 12's - did 8 reps each set
Dumbbell Shrugs - 20's - did 10 reps each set
Zottman Curls - 20's
Overhead Triceps Extensions - 30#
Leg Press Station - 155# - only did 3 sets as my knees were killing me
Firewalkers - 4 sets x 4 reps each way

Workout was 33 minutes, burned 202 calories. Avg HR was 119 and Max was 144.

Then I got on my treadmill and did the Tabata workout and then walked until I reached 40 minutes. Went 2.25 miles, burned 251 calories and went 5139 steps. Avg HR was 94 and Max was 200!!! What???!!!

Diane Sue - Lateral Raises gets me, too, I was watching Kelly's Bootcamp and one of the exercises is holding dumbbells out to the side for a count of like 3 or 5 seconds and just watching that made me shudder! LOL!!! Although my shoulders are my best feature, they are my weakest body part. Really weird. I need to check out Kelly's streaming but I can't bring myself to pay for the workouts each month when I have so many sitting in my workout room looking at me. I wish they would do a "pay to play" thing where you just pay like a $1 to do a workout. Now that would be cool. Z workouts sound interesting, I might have to check them out. You are right, I hardly notice the music when I'm really concentrating on the workout.

Jolie - Good to have you back and it sounds like you had a great time. Glad your back held out, I was worried about that. Aging does suck, I can't believe how my skin just hangs in places. And I'm below my weight scale so I don't get it. My thighs just jiggle when I lay sideways and bring them up - like doing the fire hydrant but while laying on your side. Gross....

Roselyn - I'm glad you are enjoying Yvette's workouts, I still haven't looked into them. I just don't have much time online when I'm home, I'm usually busy doing other things. Oh well, one of these days I'll check them out.

DOZ - Have fun with your GD and your puppies. :)

Have a great workout today and a great weekend!! See you all on Monday!

Morning

Today, I did Cardio Coach revised #2, Art of Strength Providence and 2 minutes of fire walkers.

Debbie - great workout After I finished TM workout immediately got my glasses to see stats. I had it all wrong lol what I claimed as calories burned was in fact my mileage In lower right corner on my TM it flash calories and the time, duh. I was wondering why my calories burned was always so low. I thought it was because TM being older, my brother gave it to me.

I’ll check back later

Today's workout started with Kelly's Meltdown work #2 with the heavy bag. I wore my combat gloves and cut up my hands a bit. (I must have been punching too hard) This was 269 minutes, heart rate average 135, max 159, met 5.8, 2,805 steps, 186 calories, met 5.8. I then did a bit of Yvette Bachman kickboxing from youtube, but it just was not what I was looking for, too much plié jacks and jumping and not kickboxing, granted I only did 12 minutes, heart rate 137 average, max 174, 949 steps, 82 calories, met 6.3. I need to preview the whole thing and decide. I just had enough of that type of stuff and wanted less impact. I then put in Build and Burn Kettlebell Kickbox Fusion, 26 minutes, 172 calories, heart rate average 137, max 162, met 6.0, 1,758 steps. I used a 20# kettlebell for all but the overhead moves along with 1.5# gloves. I finished with Strong and Sweaty bonus abs 13 minutes, heart rate average 114, max 140, 234 steps, met 4.1 ,60 calories. Total time was 80 minutes, 500 calories. I also did Barre Amped relaxation stretch but did not turn my Fit Bit on or write it in. I am not sure if I will get a workout in this weekend. It depends on how early I get up and weather. We have my granddaughter's Bridal shower at a tea room in another city and they are saying sleet and possible snow with a low of 24 in the morning, so we will see how driving conditions are. My daughter in law will pick me up and then we will go to my daughter's who will drive all of us in this area. It starts at 10 a.m. so I am not sure how things will be.

Jolie, great to have you back and hear how well you did with the skiing. That is awesome that your mother skied too!

Debbie, I never understand all of the working out and loose stuff. I think it is just the aging skin. Hard to fill it all up with muscle :) My shoulders and lats are well defined and can see vascularity and some striations, but, I think when I do a lot of shoulder work and high rep stuff it causes inflammation that sets off pain and causes that nerve pain to set in. If I lay off and go light I am much better off. You wouldn't think there would be fat on me!! The doctor said I don't have any body fat. Hmm!! Anyway, I guess it is just something to be accepted as part of aging and we make ourselves the best that we can be. I really like the Z cut workouts and how they are working for me. I do wish she had on a bit more clothing. I don't enjoy the opening where they are cutting up her tank top to reveal her assets. I won't do them when my grandchildren are around. Otherwise they are really tough workouts. Fortunately she seems to go from one impact move to something not so much impact but still tough.

Doz, nice job on Providence and cardio coach. LOL, I bet you were happy when you saw that that you really did burn some decent calories.

Last edited:
Today I woke up sore so I decided to take a long walk instead of lifting. I sat all day in the car yesterday so getting out to walk felt great. I walked 5.3 miles, 702 calories burned and it took 1 hour and 40 minutes. I got some new running shoes before I left for my trip and I love them! What a difference new shoes make, right?!

Debbie,
great job on the total body workout today. I am going to start it again because I really like how short they are and the no dread factor. I also like that I can get in some cardio as well. I need to start running on my elliptical to get some fat off before summer. My back held up awesome, I wasn't in any pain and I really felt good the whole trip.

Diane Sue, Nice workout today. Have a wonderful time at the bridal shower, that sounds like so much fun!

DOZ,
nice job on the cardio coach workout today!

Roselyn,
I hope you have an awesome workout today.

I hope you all have a great day today!!!

Jolie, nice job on the walk today. It seems like you would need to unwind after all of the driving and fun :) I love when I get new athletic shoes.

Roselyn, nice work on your start with Body Beast.

Today I did a total body workout, 3 rounds of each circuit with no rest between sets. I warmed up to STS meso 2 dvd and I also added a 1 mile walk on the treadmill at the end. workout was 60 minutes including warmup and stretch at the end and I burned 501 calories. My max heart rate was 169 and my average was 112. It is getting really hot here, 85 today and 92 tomorrow! I used DB's and machines.

Chest Press- 25# x 12 reps ( 3 rounds of this circuit)
Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns- 60# x 12
1 Arm Lat Raise- 10# x 12
Bicep Curls- 15# x 12
Lying Triceps Ext- 12# x 12
Leg Ext- 60# x 16
Leg Curls- 22.5 x 12
Abs- Bicycles- x 30

Roselyn, nice job on starting Body Beast! I love that series but it doesn't give me enough days for cardio. I might incorporate some of this exercises and progressive sets into my total body workouts next week.

Diane Sue, I hope you have a good workout and a nice day.

Debbie, enjoy your day.

Doz, have a good workout.

Happy Saturday, Spring has sprung!

I started blowing snow when we left for the shower. The roads were not real bad though and the flakes were beautiful looking out the sun room windows of the Inspirations Tea Room. My 9 year old granddaughter was fascinated by the tea pots with the tea light candles to keep the tea warm and the pretty tea cups. We spent time afterward walking around their shop in front with lots of pretty things along with teas and flavored vinegar, mostly balsamic with flavors. I did manage to get in Z Cut Power Cardio disc 2 workout # 6 with the warm up and cool down, 26 minutes, 162 calories. I forgot to start my Fit Bit so only had Map My Fitness to go by. I haven't logged it on workout manager to see about what Met value it would be. The workout itself minus warm up and cool down is only 10 minutes.
4 rnds
low jacks
flying jump lunge with arms extended to the side the whole time
side burpee into push up
super hero (superman) hold

Jolie, nice workout this morning :) It looks like you are right back at it.

Morning Everyone

Workout Les Mill’s Ultimate Warriors, Such a fun workout altho the ab work was short, but when I finished I was pooped. I got a house full, starting to take a toll, need break HELP!! lol.

Meso 1 Stats: 8 lbs down, I lost inches and fat around belly, back, hips rounding, thighs looking better posture has improved. All and all I’m pleased looking forward to the next round Meso 2. I set a small goal for myself; to lose 8 to 10 lbs this round. I’m hoping the weather agree really want to add on walking .

I’m going to check back tonight, after everyone has gone, and I clean up a bit.

Yesterday and today were Yvette workouts, I have more time on the weekends for her longer workouts and I really like them because most are cardio/weights so tomorrow second week of beast

Happy Sunday, today it was so beautiful outside I took a long walk. I walked 6 miles, 1 hour 55 minutes and I burned 921 calories!!!! I walked as fast as I could comfortably and my heartrate was 142 average ( higher than usual) and my max was 185 up the hills. I feel great and I got a little bit of a tan!

Roselyn,
great job in getting your longer workouts in this weekend, I love not being rushed.

DOZ, great job on loosing 8 pounds this meso!!! What did you do for diet? I am always trying to get my last 6 or so pounds off but my eating is not on point!!! I love Les Mills Combat workouts, some of my favorites of all time. Did you see that they have them on Demand now? Like a 100 of them!!!

Debbie and Diane Sue, enjoy your day off!

Have a nice day!

Today is my rest day. I will probably be some different total body workouts with Z cut again this next week, since I have been getting some results from this and my weight dropped a bit, when I was starting to feel like my scale was stuck or broke or something for so long.

Doz, Les Mills has such fun workouts. If you had the Combat deluxe set there was a 20 minute ab workout in it that is really good. It is one of my favorites. Nice work on the weight loss and inches. I would never want to miss the opportunity of spending time with family, but I understand sometimes it can wear you out a bit. I love having them come over and they know they are welcome to come.

Roselyn, nice job with getting in two of the Yvette Bachman workouts in this weekend.

Jolie, that was a long workout. Nice work at getting that many calories. It seems I have been doing a bit better with calorie burns since I have been using the Dr Axe Bone Broth Protein Burst pre-workout apple greens. It gives me 8 grams of protein, some b12, greens, and energizers like ashwaghanda and green coffee. I avoid the sun and try to remember sunscreen when I am out in it. My daughter scolds her children if she sees tan lines. She has removed too many terribly melanomas. We lost a friend last week to a stage 4 melanoma. He was only 69. I know he loved hunting and fishing and outdoor activities. Anyway, I used to tan a lot and have had to have a couple of small skin cancers removed. Some people manage to be in the sun a lot with no problem. Not so with my husband or I. Sorry, I don't mean to be a downer on the tan ;) Just bought those thoughts to mind.....

Today I did a total body workout. This was a tough workout, I almost stopped after 2 sets but had enough time to do one more.

Did 3 circuits of 8 reps. I warmed up with HiiT.

Barbell Chest Press - 75#
Chest Flies - 27's
Barbell Rows - 55#
Bent Over Lat Raise - 15's
Arnold Press - 20's (dropped to 15's on last set)
Upright Rows - 20's
Barbell Curls - 40#
Hammer Curls - 20's
Close Grip Barbell Press - 65#
Lying Triceps Extension - 15's
Dumbbell Squats - 30's (then dropped to 20's on last two sets)

Workout was 37 minutes, burned 264 calories. Avg HR was 134 and Max was 192.

Then I walked on my treadmill. Did that for 20 minutes, went 1 miles, burned 103 calories and went 2415 steps. Avg HR was 81 and Max was 107.

Hope you all had a great weekend and hope you all have great workouts! Nice job on your workouts!

Morning

Today workout, started with a slow steady 35 min run CC #2 calories 190, D 1.55 and STS chest Shoulders & Triceps.

Debbie nice workout always your work is so balanced

Jolie - I’m 61 and weight is harder to lose at this age. I felt like I should’ve lost more, but the older you get the harder. I watched what I ate, 3 meals a day; after 6/7 pm nothing but water. You can change things up a bit either meatless meals, 2 days of smoothies or try the 3 day Military diet. These were the things I did.

Have a wonderful day everyone

Today I am resting, its my kids last day of Spring Break so we are spending the day together.

Debbie,
WOW you are lifting some serious weight again!!!! Great job! If I go any heavier, I know I will hurt myself again. So, I just switch up the exercises and the rep count. oh well. I started supplementing protein again and I hope you build more muscle mass.

DOZ, nice workout today! I am going to try harder on my eating, I would love to loose about 6 pounds before summer. I have so much stress in my life, it makes me eat! LOL...

Diane Sue and Roselyn, I hope you both have great workouts today and I will check back in to see what you all did today.

Enjoy your day.

This morning I did Z Cut Power Cardio disc 2, workout #8, with the warm up, 31 minutes, (I had to stop for a few minutes and timer was going so this was closer to 25 minutes) 205 calories, met 6.0, 1,220 steps, heart rate average 123, max 154. I then did Cathe's Flex Train, 56 minutes, 302 calories, 4.9 met, heart rate average 125, max 179, 1993 steps. That must have been a spike on the heart rate or something. Total time was 97 minutes, calories burned 508.
I used Cathe's weights on Flex train. A couple of times I went a bit heavier till I remembered the high reps with the compound moves and I dropped back down.
Z Cut power cardio 3 rounds
3 point burpee/ high raked push up 4 sets of these for each round dispersed between the other moves
20 reps jump lunge switch
20 jump squats
20 reptiles (2 sets each round the second set after a later move I think the dragon lunge)
20 side jump lunges
20 dragon lunges (crossback lunge to knee up jump)

Debbie, nice work on getting 3 sets in and the weights :)

Doz, nice work with CC and STS today.

Jolie, our kids are having extra time out of school because our teachers on a walkout for more pay. Well, not all as only one of mine grandchildren is in public school. The rest are in private school or home schooled. They started this last week and now are on week two. Enjoy your day with your boys :)

Jolie, after our snow the temperature moved up. We are in the 60's today and expecting some 80 degree temps Thursday and Friday this week. I am not totally ready for summer temperatures. Spring though sounds good :) I think I would be ready to workout inside with the fans on me :)

Roselyn, nice job getting Beast chest and triceps in today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.